Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

thinking of buying the endeavor landing bay for $89.25 please advice

Buy the research module instead, much better ROI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

Buy the research module instead, much better ROI.

what if research shows i shouldn't spend money on SC :ohdear:

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

lol what would i do with two

same thing as with one i guess

Give the second one to Eonwe.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

right under that comment

Isn't CIG not a publicly traded company? I thought the entire point of the kickstarter and :airquote: crowdfunding :airquote: was that investors and selling shares wouldn't be necessary. If Chris and them took their money out by "selling shares" there's nowhere CIG can make that money back because there are no shares to sell, but what do I know, I'm just a silly goon.

Chris selling his shares back to the company so it can sell them for profit instead of himself was actually an act of Great Benevolence. Also, wouldn't he be dictating what price he gave himself for the shares if that was the case? lol

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

what if research shows i shouldn't spend money on SC :ohdear:

Stop listening to Derek Smart before he leads you to your doom.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

D_Smart posted:

Not sure if this was posted before. But

Second comment; right off the bat:

Wait - they sold all their shares? Like when cos lmao lmaoooo

Also Derek, do you think/know if the mo cap is a total ballache to get into cry-engine?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Oh for gently caress sake who gave me that

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Late Merry Christmas!!!

https://www.wingcommanderthemovie.com

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I see u lowtax, I see u

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I constantly see people refer to Chris Roberts' genius and how Wing Commander (the game or the series) was a technical marvel and a gameplay masterpiece.

Anyone mind helping me find it in this list?

There isn't a single loving wing commander title on that list

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

:aaaaa: <- Me IRL.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

lmao

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
lol

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

right under that comment

Isn't CIG not a publicly traded company? I thought the entire point of the kickstarter and :airquote: crowdfunding :airquote: was that investors and selling shares wouldn't be necessary. If Chris and them took their money out by "selling shares" there's nowhere CIG can make that money back because there are no shares to sell, but what do I know, I'm just a silly goon.

CIG is a private company which is why they don't have to release financial information.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:gary:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

This is the best

Time to start posting that link everywhere

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

D_Smart posted:

Not sure if this was posted before. But

Second comment; right off the bat:

Well would you look at that. A game that was constantly reworked over and over again, that was in a perpetual state of beta, and that had design ideas way over what was feasible is having issues paying their bills

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

:worship:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oh my god :swoon:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yowza! No wonder they call him Loltax!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bait and Swatch posted:

This is the best

Time to start posting that link everywhere

Someone needs to update the link when we move to a new thread.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yowza! No wonder they call him Loltax!

he brings us the christmas lols

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

It's a Christmas miracle!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I can't wait for the new wave of shitizens signing up to prove us wrong

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

So nice I clicked it twice (because I didn't understand why a duplicate tab opened up)

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Citizens are going to be upset.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Ravane posted:

the game is still in alpha, with zombies completely removed from the game,

Uhh... what the gently caress? Can someone who's been following the development of this game elaborate on this because doesn't that remove the whole point of the game?

Perfect.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lowtax, im literally in love with you

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
'I definitely want to do another Wing Commander...' has there been any progress on that front?

quote:

Chris_Roberts> One day I would like to do a full cut with digital Kilrathi, Merlin and the full Pilgrim subplot
music_guru> i'm guessing it depends on fox
Chris_Roberts> I get the US & UK rights back in 2015
Chris_Roberts> Yes - Fox just got distribution rights for English speakign territories for 17 years

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
now he just has to work with lowtax on the domain

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012
Update on refund request:

CIG refused, despite repeated inquiries. So I phoned my bank to start a chargeback, but because the timeline has exceeded 525 days, they won't initiate that process, despite the project not delivering. It did sound like there were others who had this sort of problem, and he suggested looking online (I didn't try to explain to him what a Goon was) to see about a community getting together to demand money back.

They did say that the Terms of Service were the same throughout - I find that hard to believe. Does anyone have copies of the ToS and when they were updated?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
You have different options depending on where you are. Contacting the bloke who wrote this might help.

Considering Chris Roberts said "We don't want people to be part of the project if they're not happy."

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
pretty sure the reddit thread about https://www.wingcommanderthemovie.com was removed by the mods lol.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Relentlessly post that on Reddit

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012

AP posted:

You have different options depending on where you are. Contacting the bloke who wrote this might help.

Considering Chris Roberts said "We don't want people to be part of the project if they're not happy."

I've written back to CIG with that exact quote and a link to that article. We'll see if that gets me anywhere (I'm expecting not). Oh well, at least it's only $40.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Oh Lowtax you lovable Scamp :allears:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

oh, you poor soul.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I'm now of the opinion that considering SC is so loving janky that it isn't even fun to grief in due to having to constantly fight the game to get it to do what you want it to (like take off without clipping into invisible bullshit), that I hope it completely fails and there is nothing to show for it, because the "community" is so horrendous that they deserve to have their sand castle destroyed.

CasualMaleXL
Oct 25, 2009

Big britches get bitches

A Neurotic Jew posted:

oh, you poor soul.

First person I'd heard of being overwhelmed by what SC currently has to offer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Justin Tyme posted:

I'm now of the opinion that considering SC is so loving janky that it isn't even fun to grief, that I hope it completely fails and there is nothing to show for it, because the "community" is so horrendous that they deserve to have their sand castle destroyed.
First somebody must have built a sand castle to have it destroyed.

• Locked thread