Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://youtu.be/1I43f2Ll910

Merry Christmas, lovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I regret not posting an actual Christmas themed clip but busting Jackie's balls is a gift you never get tired of.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Wack Pack sings Christmas songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LavX_kVNE4o

Release Robin's Bra:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FkjRLO8PK4

Merry Christmas all!

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 25, 2015

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Is there a way to download all the clips on scriptcover without have to right-click, save as on each one?

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Haw, visiting my family in Queens and I hear Steve Langford doing a report on CBS New York. I kinda knew that was his gig now, but it's surreal seeing him in a serious setting

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Haw, visiting my family in Queens and I hear Steve Langford doing a report on CBS New York. I kinda knew that was his gig now, but it's surreal seeing him in a serious setting

I remember being in a deli or something in Manhattan and hearing him on CBS. I kept waiting in vain for a reference to his huge penis :(

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Anyone have a link to when Ralph demonstrated different ways to say "Hey now"?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Are you sure you're not thinking of Hank Kingsley doing the exact thing on The Larry Sanders Show, where that phrase originated?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

Are you sure you're not thinking of Hank Kingsley doing the exact thing on The Larry Sanders Show, where that phrase originated?

No, no, I know of the Hank Kingsley thing, but one time, in an example of Ralph actually being funny, everyone was doing their own 'Hey now' and Howard said Richard was the king of it. He's on the phone, and he mentions how there are different ways to do it. Howard then gives him a bunch of scenarios.

Howard: How about when you just won the lottery?
Ralph: HEY NOWWWW!!!

Howard: Ok, now you're at a funeral.
Ralph:............. (very quiet and somber) hey, now.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Sour Shoes charges $120 for a 10 min phone call?! Riley basically calls anytime you purchase anything from him.

Granted, being sang to is probably worth more than a drunk dial...

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Howard: How about when you just won the lottery?
Ralph: HEY NOWWWW!!!

Howard: Ok, now you're at a funeral.
Ralph:............. (very quiet and somber) hey, now.

I love Ralph. He doesn't call in nearly as often anymore, and he never appears in studio anymore, but his contributions to the show over the years have been immense.

Also, I like Ralph one hell of a lot more then I like ETM. :colbert:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Dr.Caligari posted:

Sour Shoes charges $120 for a 10 min phone call?! Riley basically calls anytime you purchase anything from him.

Granted, being sang to is probably worth more than a drunk dial...

so why are we not pooling our cash to have him call Langford's news desk?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Squashy Nipples posted:

I love Ralph. He doesn't call in nearly as often anymore, and he never appears in studio anymore, but his contributions to the show over the years have been immense.

Also, I like Ralph one hell of a lot more then I like ETM. :colbert:

Team Ralph! :toot:

He's willing to mix it up and rat people out -- he's the last remaining spark of the old show. :patriot:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

prefect posted:

Team Ralph! :toot:

He's willing to mix it up and rat people out -- he's the last remaining spark of the old show. :patriot:

Also, I love that stupid "RalphieCakes" song.

Bonzo posted:

so why are we not pooling our cash to have him call Langford's news desk?

I'm in.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ralph is good for fuel to a fire, but on his own, like for his roast, he's terrible.

Seriously, worst roast ever.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Ralph is good for fuel to a fire, but on his own, like for his roast, he's terrible.

Seriously, worst roast ever.

Even worse than the Daniel Carver roast?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

That's still one of the worst ideas they've ever had. "Let's have a party where we say mean things about the guest of honor, who knows we love him and he can take a joke. Let's get the KKK guy."

prefect fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 27, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

haljordan posted:

Ok, maybe not, but Ralph was being SUCH an insufferable douchey baby about the whole thing.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I'm gonna do what we call in the hood "gaggin' on ya". Because that's what we call it in the hood: "Gaggin on ya"

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

The Daniel Carver roast had one truly great moment.

youtu.be/vf9wz3pc6qE?t=2925

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Dario the Wop posted:

This one annoys the poo poo out of me. The Italian word is Madonna. "Mah-rone" is a bastardization of "Mod-own."

I only remember two situations he used it.

The first was when Artie said to ETM "We've seen a lot of losers but mahrone" And then a few times a girl would take their shirt off or something and Artie would just say Mahrone. I have no idea but we loved the word. We've never heard it anywhere else but Artie on the show.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ribsauce posted:

I only remember two situations he used it.

The first was when Artie said to ETM "We've seen a lot of losers but mahrone"

And just in case anyone doesn't remember, this is part of Zero.Zero.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Damnit how did I leave that part out. Rupert Buttermilk, fellow ETM historian, is correct.

PS The Radio Hall of Fame has yet to acknowledge my ETM nominations. I'm moving to postal mail soon.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Okay either my ears are wacky or Breaking Bad snuck in a homage to the Stern show.

BB season one spoilers, but for real if you haven't watched the show already you must just not like yourself or something.

Okay, go to season 1, episode 6, and fast forward to when Walt throws the crystal in Tuco's office and there's an explosion, RIGHT at 44:05 (4:07 minutes left on Netflix), in the mix of sound is a very distinct scream I know I've heard other places before, and I swear I think its from the Stern show. Its not the Wilhelm scream, before you ask.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
It was the Howard Dean scream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6i-gYRAwM0&t=30s

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Man, I was really hoping that was going to turn out to be Benjy.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
If you listen closely during the part of Pan's Labrynth where the guy is emotionlessly crushing the face of the other guy with a pistol, you can hear the Mike Walker fart.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I rarely ever listen to The Wrap Up show, but the one for the last show on 12/16/2015 is awesome because Henry Rollins is on. He gives a great rap about dirty cops.

I love Henry :swoon:

Keg posted:

If you listen closely during the part of Pan's Labrynth where the guy is emotionlessly crushing the face of the other guy with a pistol, you can hear the Mike Walker fart.

I want to believe this...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ugh, I need something Sterny to listen to (that's on youtube or somewhere that I can access from work, without actually having a Sirius subscription.)

Suggestions? Is there a better-than-the-rest Riley/Gilbert/Hank/Beetlejuice appearance that maybe I haven't seen? I've heard/seen drunken rock trivia, and that time that Gilbert was doing all of those impressions for Beet, who just sat there all weirded out by him. 'Goo fa you.'

EDIT: I found the 'Hey now' thing I was talking about earlier; misremembered it as a regular show call, but it was from the WUS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko8fERvH0a0

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

I'd like to remind you at this time that the face you're staring at got laid constantly up until his marriage and his claim to fame was being a producer on a radio show who was only mentioned to goof on his outrageous teeth and bad breath. He's like a walking testament to the fact that girls will gently caress anyone even remotely famous.

His teeth actually look like they're trying to run away from his face. If this is the right time frame then those are the infamous "how'd you know I had caps?" caps.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

I'd like to remind you at this time that the face you're staring at got laid constantly up until his marriage and his claim to fame was being a producer on a radio show who was only mentioned to goof on his outrageous teeth and bad breath. He's like a walking testament to the fact that girls will gently caress anyone even remotely famous.

His teeth actually look like they're trying to run away from his face. If this is the right time frame then those are the infamous "how'd you know I had caps?" caps.

He didn't think that a young Jennifer Aniston was worth asking out as she wasn't good looking enough for him.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

He didn't think that a young Jennifer Aniston was worth asking out as she wasn't good looking enough for him.

Welp, looks like Gary was and always has been a goon, then.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ugh, I need something Sterny to listen to (that's on youtube or somewhere that I can access from work, without actually having a Sirius subscription.)

Suggestions?

I'm sure you've already heard it, but I'm listening to Gilbert's appearance on 11/06/2006, and it's glorious. Howard being weird about Beth shaving her pussy, Artie and Grandma Caprio, Gilbert doing Dice.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

I'm sure you've already heard it, but I'm listening to Gilbert's appearance on 11/06/2006, and it's glorious. Howard being weird about Beth shaving her pussy, Artie and Grandma Caprio, Gilbert doing Dice.

I'll check that out, thanks!

EDIT: I can't actually find it. I'm checking out something from a few months before right now.

EDIT: vvv Appreciated!

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 28, 2015

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I'll check that out, thanks!

EDIT: I can't actually find it. I'm checking out something from a few months before right now.

And now they are all doing Ted Kennedy. This is too good not to share.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08778358152687870236

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Squashy Nipples posted:

Robin: "Mr. X and I were having a conversation..."
Gilbert: "Well, hello dare! I lub dese conversations and big words you be usin."

Thanks for posting this, perfect for a slow day at work.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

musclecoder posted:

Robin: "Mr. X and I were having a conversation..."
Gilbert: "Well, hello dare! I lub dese conversations and big words you be usin."

Thanks for posting this, perfect for a slow day at work.

Today is the slowest, and this is the bestest.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Suggestions? Is there a better-than-the-rest Riley/Gilbert/Hank/Beetlejuice appearance that maybe I haven't seen? I've heard/seen drunken rock trivia, and that time that Gilbert was doing all of those impressions for Beet, who just sat there all weirded out by him. 'Goo fa you.'

EDIT: I found the 'Hey now' thing I was talking about earlier; misremembered it as a regular show call, but it was from the WUS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko8fERvH0a0

Thanks for that. You've probably heard this one but it's a compilation of all the times Gilbert did his impression of Artie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5ksdbcH9tU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypersober
Mar 27, 2006

Squashy Nipples posted:

Any more Gilbert clips? I have an 8 hour drive tomorrow night.