Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I started Denard and Snead. He has Cooks. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Franks Happy Place posted:

Wilson is on an NFL record hot streak, and New Orleans is an NFL record bad defense.

Flip a coin?

The correct answer seems to have been to start anyone besides Bort or Wilson

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

You know, for as terrible as Bortles is doing, I have had no one else be terrible. I was, for a time, projected to score 200+ points. I have Cooks though, so this'll do.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
Bortles + Allen Robinson = $1,200

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Won 2 out of 3 leagues this season. You guys rock! Thanks for all your help this year.

cool kids inc. posted:

You know, for as terrible as Bortles is doing, I have had no one else be terrible. I was, for a time, projected to score 200+ points. I have Cooks though, so this'll do.

I wouldn't worry. Garbage time Bort will bring you to the the promised land.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Boosh! posted:

Won 2 out of 3 leagues this season. You guys rock! Thanks for all your help this year.

I wouldn't worry. Garbage time Bort will bring you to the the promised land.

Yes, he apparently has! Thanks, garbage time Bort! I hope you continue with this!

I've won the game, broken 200 points, and have taken the Championship!

cool kids inc. fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 28, 2015

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Murmur Twin posted:

I play Russell Wilson (vSTL) over Blake Bortles (@NO), correct? Wilson has been ridiculously lately but Bortles' has an extremely good matchup. I think the fact that my opponent is starting Robinson/Hurns at WR is messing with my ability to make an objective decision (I know it shouldn't matter).

Murmur Twin posted:

I had the same choice and went Wilson :ohdear:

:smithicide: :wrong:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I played the Bort :slick:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

This is SA. The answer is Bort!

Bort only needs one half.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

The fantasy gods are setting me up for horrible disappointment next week. (That or I did something to appease them this week). Bort, Hightower, Baldwin, Gore, and the Texans D/ST have been ridiculous for me this week. (Woodhead and Gostkowski are fine, Olsen gets a pass for having a weak week, and Martavis Bryant is basically the worst because Rapelisberger.) Fingers crossed that I can head into the championship final week with a 40-ish point lead!

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Need help fast! With the Vikings having nothing to play for tonight, should I bench Teddy Bridgewater for Manny Sanders in my SuperFlex spot of my 1 PPR?

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Who gets more playtime tonight, AP of McKinnon?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Rode Tim loving Hightower to victory. Fantasy Football '16 everyone.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just barely survived my opponent's Wilson/Baldwin combo. The champ is here!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

All hail me! It's always great to be the commish of the league when you win two years in a row :smug:

My final record was 9-3-1. Yes, I had a loving tie.

e: my original QB was Bridgewater and I ended up picking up Dalton until he died. You served me well, Red Rocket.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 28, 2015

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Vargo posted:

Rode Tim loving Hightower to victory. Fantasy Football '16 everyone.

I left him (30.4) and Cards Defense (33) on my bench this week for Denard Robinson (9.6) and Steelers Defense (2). I'll still win if Eli Manning doesn't have a 50 point game for my opponent.

2nd championship in my money league's 5 year history. Feels good.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Fuckin Aaron Rodgers and Ben Watson

E: I mean I shouldn't complain too much, but they sunk me in the friends/family league against the reigning champ that I reeeaally wanted to crush. But won 3 other championships and up 12 in another with Vernon Davis to go against Broncos DST, so all in all a good championship week!

sourdough fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 28, 2015

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Likely to lose both my championship games. Cam, whyyyyyy :negative:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I aint even mad. Maybe if OBJ didn't do what he did I wouldn't have panicked and changed my team

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I got curb stomped today. I made a couple of wrong choices (Buf def instead of Ari, sat Calvin for Ted Ginn) but they weren't really bad choices. Ginn, Martavis, Olsen, and C West just really had poo poo days, Palmer hardly needed to play on the second half, just wasn't my day.

And I went up against Cousins, Julio, Cooks, Freeman, David Johnson, and Jordan Reed. He had Hightower and Buck Allen on his bench, too, so it could have been worse.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
I need Eli to do terrible tonight or I'm out. I sat Brees for Tyrod and that will be my downfall. Ah well!

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
WOOHOO!! A grand in the bank right here.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Family Championship Status: Secured unless Emmanuel Sanders manages to score 106.6 points in half PPR.

Not a bad year. Five leagues, four playoffs, two championship rounds, and barring the most improbable outcome possible I'll be winning both championships. No money but it looks like I'll finally secure the championship of the first league I ever played in.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

Here is my championship-winning team:

QB: Cam Newton
QB: Carson Palmer
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Allen Robinson
WR: Ted Ginn
RB: DeAngelo Williams
RB: Latavius Murray
TE: Will Tye
W/R: Danny Woodhead
DEF: Arizona
DEF: Indy

I benched Frank Gore and subbed Tye in for Ertz at the last minute, which would have been a dagger if everyone else didn't blow up. Other key contributing players throughout the season were LeVeon Bell, Tyler Eifert, and Eli. My only huge bust was Jordan Matthews, who I hung onto as a WR3 for way too long. Really happy with how lucky I got in this draft - scored big hits with Robinson, Palmer, and Eifert. I originally drafted DeAngelo and then dropped him after Bell came back, and had to blow my whole FAAB after Bell went down again.

I was looking over the stats and I didn't start Woodhead for a single one of his touchdowns this year.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Championship matchup. Opponent is ahead 2.5 points and has no one left.

I've got Emmanuel Sanders left tomorrow against Cincinnati so need him to get 30 yards.

loving scared.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
I rode this turd to a championship in my 12-man

I benched Hightower for Artis-Payne at 12:58, I'm an idiot. Also had Cards D on the bench, started Pittsburgh.

Over the year, I lost Keenan Allen, Dalton, Yeldon, and Ingram. And I cut Doug Baldwin before the bye. I went RB heavy in the draft, so I had nothing at WR after Keenan went down. Throwing Garcon, LaFell and Inman in down the stretch.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Latavius Murray and Jordan Reed got me off to a fantastic start but I had a pretty rotten Sunday. (What the hell Martavis? :( )

I'm currently up 7.58 in standard with his Demaryius still to play. Holding out hope for that Latavius stat correction, which would mean DT needs an even 10 points for me to lose the title. This is on OBJ if I lose :argh:

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

Up by approximately 2 points in full PPR with my Demaryius and Broncos D vs. his AJ tomorrow night. Am I safe? Oh god I'm so scared

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Just need Eli and AP to not combine for 19 points in the 4th, wish me luck goons

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?

BabeLiker90 posted:

Just need Eli and AP to not combine for 19 points in the 4th, wish me luck goons

AP is out of the game at this point, so unless eli goes crazy you're ok

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Not me in the championship but lol

Kickers :rolleyes:

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Ok, I have a 72 point lead, minus whatever McManus (Denver's kicker) puts up, going into the second week of our finals. I know, week 17 finals are silly. Such is life. Hopefully a 60-ish point lead will hold out.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My league with the important people banned kickers and has IDP with great scoring. Paradise exists.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Bellmaker posted:

Id be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo salty

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Bellmaker posted:

This was how i felt watching the Arizona Def slowly and mercilessly take away a surefire win from me. :suicide:

loving Packers what in the actual gently caress was that even an NFL offense?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So after today's games, in order to win the championship I need two things to happen:

- AJ Green needs to get 0 points

-The Bengals D needs to get at least 27 points.

...I'm gonna lose.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Twelve by Pies posted:

So after today's games, in order to win the championship I need two things to happen:

- AJ Green needs to get 0 points

-The Bengals D needs to get at least 27 points.

...I'm gonna lose.

Get your liver ready. Sorry bud

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's been a great year for me and I'm sure I got many ideas here. Thanks for being a good fantasy thread. This shot is for all of you.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I put up like 190 points on a projected 130 this week. Second highest single week score of the season. Went 11-2 in the regular season. Most total points scored all year...

Hurray for my 3rd place finish :negative:

gently caress the fluke that was week 15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

As long as Gio scores more than -6 I'm a winner!

• Locked thread