Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

Actually Keane I'm a Midlander.

hm yes baltimore and the oklahoma panhandle have so much in common, it'd be crazy to separate them, yes sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Hawaii???

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Kashuno posted:

Hawaii???

no

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The problem there is the town of that name, which doesn't work when referring to the region where the three states meet.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
wtf are you weirdos even talking about

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
West Coast Best Coast

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
truth

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
except i havent been to the right coast so i dont really know

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In that map I'm not even in america anymore

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

imgay posted:

In that map I'm not even in america anymore

and stay out!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

BottleKnight posted:

Wow I never realized how much lake michigan looks like a giant hanging dong

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Wow I never realized how much lake michigan looks like a giant hanging dong

ahaha I can't unsee it

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Chaoslord, I'm very unhappy with you. I was expecting you to taint my account with Bad Rats, not give me an actually good game!!!

(Seriously though, thanks for Shadow of Mordor. I only just noticed it sitting in my library and was very confused as to how it got there until I clicked the activate button)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bad rats isn't even the worst game on there since greenlight became a thing

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

bowmore posted:

bad rats isn't even the worst game on there since greenlight became a thing

It's all fetish date sims all the way down now, as far as greenlight would imply.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i bought like 3 dudes sakura spirit so they could enjoy anime tits

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

imgay posted:

i bought like 3 dudes sakura spirit so they could enjoy anime tits

Oh right, fetish datesims and anime tits. I couldn't possibly imagine playing that sort of thing without turning off the thing that lets other people know what you're playing. Is that even a thing you can do or are you doomed to broadcast your love of smutgames across the internet forever?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only dating sim ive ever played is hatoful boyfriend and it way p good

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Allen Wren posted:

Oh right, fetish datesims and anime tits. I couldn't possibly imagine playing that sort of thing without turning off the thing that lets other people know what you're playing. Is that even a thing you can do or are you doomed to broadcast your love of smutgames across the internet forever?

no Allen Wren, it's actually pronounced "ah-nee-may"

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imgay posted:

the only dating sim ive ever played is hatoful boyfriend and it way p good

Undertale is good too.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

SirSamVimes posted:

Undertale is good too.
I have no redeeming qualities. :smug:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

mafia thread, today i played elegy for a dead world

and it was ... weird. i am supremely conscious of my lack of writing ability, but something about the setting and droning music and prompts and knowing an entire team got together to build me a game so i can write made me do it anyway. and i enjoyed it immensely. i was trying to rhyme and maintain rhythm in my writing, i was trying to balance light and dark imagery etc. i didn't hit 'publish' at the end because i'm afraid of judgment (even though i know people can only 'commend'(like) my work) but i think in a few days/weeks i will.

the reason i'm telling you all this is because meinberg also owns this game, and he hasn't written a word in it! talk about writer's block.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Ernie. posted:

and it was ... weird. i am supremely conscious of my lack of writing ability, but something about the setting and droning music and prompts and knowing an entire team got together to build me a game so i can write made me do it anyway. and i enjoyed it immensely. i was trying to rhyme and maintain rhythm in my writing, i was trying to balance light and dark imagery etc. i didn't hit 'publish' at the end because i'm afraid of judgment (even though i know people can only 'commend'(like) my work) but i think in a few days/weeks i will.

the reason i'm telling you all this is because meinberg also owns this game, and he hasn't written a word in it! talk about writer's block.

I had never heard of this game but it sounds like a really interesting concept!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

what is this

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Elegy for a deaf world is weird because it doesn't go on sale although it could be on sale now. Who knows. Writing prompts are cool. Writing is cool. Music is mostly cool. Video games? Also largely cool. I dunno I'm a sucker for cool things. Anyway that's my post. See you on the flip flop.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Authorman posted:

Elegy for a deaf world is weird because it doesn't go on sale although it could be on sale now. Who knows. Writing prompts are cool. Writing is cool. Music is mostly cool. Video games? Also largely cool. I dunno I'm a sucker for cool things. Anyway that's my post. See you on the flip flop.

And here Authorman confesses his necrophilia.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kashuno posted:

what is this

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252290/

you basically walk around and get prompts at different places to write a story about 3 barren alien worlds. you can also delete the prompts and write your own entire narrative, but i feel like working with the prompts helps you keep every 'page' open ended. in each alien world there are 10-15 writing opportunities and at the end you can hit 'publish' to have your work along with snapshot pictures of the alien world where you wrote specific prompts get pushed to other people's games. they can read your work and like it but it's all anonymous.

at first i thought 'sure i could write' but it's weird because once you're in the game you start thinking to yourself 'weird i'm enjoying it'. it's a pretty cool experience.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

That sounds super cool and I'm going to buy this game now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

That sounds super cool and I'm going to buy this game now.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

So it's anonymous... but you know Meinberg hasn't written anything? That's not anonymous at all!!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

So it's anonymous... but you know Meinberg hasn't written anything? That's not anonymous at all!!

his hours on the game are 0.0 :P

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's awesome. A little expensive for now, but I'll throw it on the wishlist to see if it goes on sale.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I regret having a long weekend because wow today has a lot of things to do

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm getting around to all this marking I have to do, and most of it is fine (if a little dull), but some of it is so bad it's annoying. I guarantee that any of you, if given the assignment sheet and access to google, could write a better assignment in less than 2 hours than some of these that I'm marking that they had all semester to do.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

undergrads are dumb af

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I used to be surprised getting 95+ on papers that I thought were trash until I started reading the work some other people turned in.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I have to write a paper I don't give a poo poo about, its always by the numbers trash

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

If I have to write a post in this thread, its always by the numbers trash

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I write better papers when I don't give a poo poo because they have structure and flow well because it's not a paper where I want to tell people about the things I think are cool. Also imgay I got your presents but I can't trade them until January 5th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Me am good righter.