Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Proposed Gay Abortion Category: Worst Star Wars Cartoon by Cartoonist Who Knows Nothing About The Force Awakens

also, propose a snappier title because god that one sucks

"Worst Use of Pop Culture Reference"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

PassTheRemote posted:

Muir's just pissed that Rey did the mind trick on Stormtrooper Daniel Craig

Not really. He hates Craig. Craig crossdressed in an ad that supported gender equality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC8Ls-5nRxM. Muir made a comic in which sean connery called Craig a pussy.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Dec 28, 2015

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
I don't feel like going back two pages to quote a block of spoilered text, but I still feel the need to point out that Luke seemed to understand HIS astromech when he changed course for the Dagobah system just fine. :colbert:

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Is his actual point really supposed to be that 'The media unfairly goes out of its way to portray Donald “Laziness is a trait in blacks.” Trump as a racist'? I mean it can't be. I must be misreading this comic.

Also couldn't Anakin Skywalker speak binary too?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Oh god, is it time for mallard's new year predictions already? I'm getting old. Let's see if he does them for so long that they blend seamlessly into the mallentines.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FicusArt posted:

Please don't bring that scene up.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

That actually reminds me: Has Telanes spoken out about this whole incident, or is she just keeping mum for the time being?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

And so, in 2016, the struggle will continue. Happy New Year to us all.

Labels: 2016, Assimilation, Continuity, intermarriage

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Complaining about miscegenation in TYOOL 2016? Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Soooo.... marrying non-Jews is as bad as being murdered?

I seem to recall somebody or other in history who didn't want the purity of his race diluted by intermarriage. Now, who was that...

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Regalingualius posted:

That actually reminds me: Has Telanes spoken out about this whole incident, or is she just keeping mum for the time being?

Given the current state of political cartooning and newspapers and that the LA Times completely shafted Ted Rall when he had his controversy going on I think that the writing is on the wall for job secure cartoonists to shut the gently caress up. Or else.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

MrUnderbridge posted:

I seem to recall somebody or other in history who didn't want the purity of his race diluted by intermarriage. Now, who was that...

My grandpa!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Wait, wasn't kirschen born non-Jewish or was it just that he was born in the us that I'm thinking of?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

there wolf posted:

Harry Potter from Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality is a Marty/Gary Stu if there ever was one, and it's just as notorious as A Trekkie's Tale or My Immortal is. Maybe culturally we're just more forgiving of ridiculous male power fantasies acted out by men instead of women.

IT BEGINS

Isn't that the one where Harry is a female ninja?

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

It took too long for me to realise that this wasn't an edit. How could he have possibly thought that this would make Israel look good?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Rorus Raz posted:

If there is't a Gay Abortions up before Tuesday I will work on one, but I got family visiting so let me pretend to be a functional human being for just one more day.

I will do it if no one minds. Had a post written up about what categories to do but lost internet temporarily so i am posting from my phone at moment. Will do that post in a few hours to confirm what the people want so if ya got something in mind post here.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I'm 99% sure he made that exact same comic a few years ago.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Xander77 posted:

I'm 99% sure he made that exact same comic a few years ago.

11 years ago, then reposted in 2014. For this version, he changed the copyright date!

Kegluneq fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Dec 28, 2015

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Well, I guess at least his terrible opinions are consistent. They feel a bit outdated, but they are consistent.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MrUnderbridge posted:

Kegluneq posted:

11 years ago, then reposted in 2014. For this version, he changed the copyright date!

Apparently it was Kirschen lol

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MrUnderbridge posted:

To a hardliner, it's the same in terms of the future of the Jewish people. They don't consider converts to be proper Jews, and they don't consider the children of a Jew and a gentile to be ethnic Jews.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

FicusArt posted:

Yes, and Luke learned it over time as well.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Garrand posted:

Wait, wasn't kirschen born non-Jewish or was it just that he was born in the us that I'm thinking of?
He's Jewish, but many years ago he moved from the US to Israel and changed his name to Yaakov.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
If Chamale doesn't mind/isn't here to do it, I will do the Gay Abortions.

Categories I am thinking we should do this year are

Specific:
Worst Middle East Cartoon
Worst Syrian Refugee Cartoon
Worst Cheerleading for Putin Cartoon
Worst Paris Attacks Cartoon (Charlie Hebdo & 11/13 Attacks)
Worst Cartoon about a Movie

General:
Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy
Worst Caricature
Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon
Worst Label
Least Concealed Bigotry in a Cartoon
Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon
Most Easily Reinterpreted
Overall Worst Political Cartoon
Best Edit/Parody

I don't know if Charlie Hebdo and the 11/13 attacks should be in different category. I will also be moving everything over from the Mid-Term Gay Abortions. I will move the 'Worst Transphobia' to the general Bigotry too if no one minds.

If I don't hear back from Chamale or anyone raises objections by 3 PM EST I will post the thread.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Dec 28, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

The color in this is really quite lovely. It's almost the exact palette I wish I'd used in my newest cartoon. I especially like that magenta/purple.

This is why you should master coloring with traditional materials before you try doing it digitally, folks.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for Jewish Children.

I (or someone else) probably already wrote this in response to a previous Kirchen

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Zanzibar Ham posted:

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for Jewish Children.

I (or someone else) probably already wrote this in response to a previous Kirchen

yeah this joke isn't super offensive at allllllll

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

World Famous Whore posted:

Specific:

General:
Worst Caricature
Worst Label
Best Edit/Parody

I don't know if Charlie Hebdo and the 11/13 attacks should be in different category. I will also be moving everything over from the Mid-Term Gay Abortions. I will move the 'Worst Transphobia' to the general Bigotry too if no one minds.

If I don't hear back from Chamale or anyone raises objections by 3 PM EST I will post the thread.

I think we need a few more specifics.

Worst Clock Truther
Worst reaction to Oberfeigel
Worst confederate flag worshipper
Worst rationalizing away Trumps popularity
Best non-Pope or Two-Bulls.
Cartoonist who least understands Net Neutrality, and thinks we're Chinese
Worst Planned Parenthood cartoon.
Worst Cartoon about sanctions off Cuba (including Latuff switching sides overnight)
Worst Bergdahl cartoon

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Iron Rose posted:

How dare someone compare one person fretting about blood purity to another person doing the same thing to highlight how hosed up it is?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Iron Rose posted:

It's not a joke. Kirschen literally believes this, and I'm not even going to qualify it.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Volcanic Vents posted:

I don't feel like going back two pages to quote a block of spoilered text, but I still feel the need to point out that Luke seemed to understand HIS astromech when he changed course for the Dagobah system just fine. :colbert:

That's because everything R2 was saying was being displayed on a screen in front of Luke, very obviously, throughout that entire conversation.

Throughout the entirety of Star Wars, literally no human can understand astromech outside of yes/no questions, translator displays like the one on the X-Wing, or just asking C3PO what the hell they mean.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

The Iron Rose posted:

Not as offensive as Kirchen's loads.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Force awakens has some problems, hewing too close to the original, but Rey isn't one of them. Also Kylo ren is clearly a petulant child and it is kind of implied this might be his first actual fight against someone, not cowardly slaughtering other apprentices. It's why snoke is like "oh poo poo, guess I better actually train this guy".

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I care deeply for the feelings of the genocidal guy who can't draw

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Specific:

General:
Worst Caricature
Worst Label
Best Edit/Parody

Still needs some kind of "Nonsense, this is an election year!" award for most incomprehensible toon.

Wouldn't "worst about a movie" be a general category?

I'm also not sure why Gorrell is excluded from the Laziest category. If he earns it yet another year in a row, then by god he earns it!

I feel like some potential topical categories are being left out, but damned if I remember what.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mr. Belpit posted:

Wouldn't "worst about a movie" be a general category?

I'm also not sure why Gorrell is excluded from the Laziest category. If he earns it yet another year in a row, then by god he earns it!
Yeah, it probably should be in general, not that I will be leaving up the 'Specific/General' tags.

Also, Gorrell has won enough and I can't remember if he squeaked out another purely blank cartoon this year.
Ahmed Mohamed's Clock and PP need to go in, agreed.

EDIT: VVVV Good idea.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Dec 28, 2015

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Rename this to "Worst Refugee Crisis Cartoon" to avoid excluding "good" nominees who happen to not be specifically about Syrians.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Broken Loose posted:

Whining about TFA
What happened, did you get kicked out of one of the other half-dozen threads where this is argument is going on and decide to bring it up here in order to score a win?

Because Rey is awesome and complaining about relative character power/competence levels like the story's a fuckin' MMO and everything needs to be ~*balanced*~ is really loving dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I'm not surprised he's a supporter of Lehava.

Did he ever make a cartoon about Baruch Goldstein?

• Locked thread