Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
I'm looking for a movie from the 80s or 70s, a really cheap film that takes place in a movie theater.

It's about these aliens that have giant green bug heads and their leader who is a tiny brain with a single eye who hijack the project booth and just continuously play a stream of bad, black and white B horror flicks to distract the audience while they bring out pods to put behind them in order to transform them into one of their race, basically part parody of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

The audience is filled with stupid, fat, annoying people. A girl and a boy are the protagonists who sneak into the theater and for a good portion of the film they are trying to escape the valet who caught them, only he gets caught by the aliens and turned into one of them. I remember there is a scene that parodies war of the worlds where one of the aliens elongates its eye through a keyhole to search for the kids in a storage room but it gets distracted by a pinup model.

In the climax of the film the projector goes nuts and just rapidly starts shifting through all these horror flicks and its fast paced and interspersed with the stupid, open-mouthed faces of the audience like they are hypnotized.

It was a weird movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

DutchDupe posted:

I'm looking for a movie from the 80s or 70s, a really cheap film that takes place in a movie theater.

It's about these aliens that have giant green bug heads and their leader who is a tiny brain with a single eye who hijack the project booth and just continuously play a stream of bad, black and white B horror flicks to distract the audience while they bring out pods to put behind them in order to transform them into one of their race, basically part parody of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

The audience is filled with stupid, fat, annoying people. A girl and a boy are the protagonists who sneak into the theater and for a good portion of the film they are trying to escape the valet who caught them, only he gets caught by the aliens and turned into one of them. I remember there is a scene that parodies war of the worlds where one of the aliens elongates its eye through a keyhole to search for the kids in a storage room but it gets distracted by a pinup model.

In the climax of the film the projector goes nuts and just rapidly starts shifting through all these horror flicks and its fast paced and interspersed with the stupid, open-mouthed faces of the audience like they are hypnotized.

It was a weird movie.

This sounds like Invasion Earth: The Aliens Are Here

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.

That's it. Thank you.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Looking for this movie I watched when I was a teenager: Late 80s, early 90s at most. Starts off in an apocalyptic wasteland. The protagonist dude either traveled in time to get there and got stranded, or started off there. Eventually he travels to our time, being chased by some bad guys for some reason. There's a firefight in an abandoned amusement part with a Ferris wheel.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

ravenkult posted:

Looking for this movie I watched when I was a teenager: Late 80s, early 90s at most. Starts off in an apocalyptic wasteland. The protagonist dude either traveled in time to get there and got stranded, or started off there. Eventually he travels to our time, being chased by some bad guys for some reason. There's a firefight in an abandoned amusement part with a Ferris wheel.

This is a shot in the dark, but was it possibly Astroesque?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Is it Beastmaster 2: Through The Portal of Time?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ravenkult posted:

Masters of the Universe? It's a live action He-Man movie starring Dolph Lundgren.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

This one's a long shot. A friend of mine is looking for a Big Trouble in Little China-type movie she saw years ago. Made in the late-80s/early-90s maybe.

In her words, "There was a scorpion, Japanese(?) Restaurant intro scene with pretty gruesome murder, white action star male lead. Really strange movie. Ring any bells?"

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

This doesn't quite match up, but The Hunted is a movie staring Christopher Lambert and takes place almost exclusively in Japan. It has to do with ninjas so if she was thinking "a scorpion got put in someone's bed to kill them" then that might fit. It's been a while since I've seen it though. It doesn't match the description of being like Big Trouble in Little China unless you mean the white male lead is actually the sidekick to Asian characters.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

TTBF posted:

This doesn't quite match up, but The Hunted is a movie staring Christopher Lambert and takes place almost exclusively in Japan. It has to do with ninjas so if she was thinking "a scorpion got put in someone's bed to kill them" then that might fit. It's been a while since I've seen it though. It doesn't match the description of being like Big Trouble in Little China unless you mean the white male lead is actually the sidekick to Asian characters.

She bought BTiLC thinking that was the movie she was looking for, but it was a pretty tenuous connection. I forgot all about The Hunted. Thanks!

E: It was totally The Hunted. Thanks again!

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 11, 2015

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Zogo posted:

It's a movie from the late 80s or early 90s. I think two couples are taking a vacation on some island or beach and at one point they're playing high stakes monopoly with real $$$. One guy loses and gets upset.

I'm pretty confident it had well-known actors like Robin Williams or Kurt Russell or Jeff Bridges.

LesterGroans posted:

I think that's Captain Ron

Kurt Russell and Martin Short.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Ron

Okay I watched it and it had a lot of Kurt Russell and Monopoly but it wasn't it. Not a bad way to spend 100 minutes though.

IIRC the film I'm thinking had two men and two women playing Monopoly on a beach at night and it was serious, high stakes stuff and the guy who loses does the typical "double or nothing" thing to try and recoup his losses.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zogo posted:

Okay I watched it and it had a lot of Kurt Russell and Monopoly but it wasn't it. Not a bad way to spend 100 minutes though.

IIRC the film I'm thinking had two men and two women playing Monopoly on a beach at night and it was serious, high stakes stuff and the guy who loses does the typical "double or nothing" thing to try and recoup his losses.

Almost certainly not what you're thinking of, but the original Friday the 13th has a strip Monopoly scene.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I think it might be Overboard (1987).

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Almost certainly not what you're thinking of, but the original Friday the 13th has a strip Monopoly scene.

Yea, I know it's not that one. I've seen all the F13th, NoES and Hellraiser films.

Neo Rasa posted:

I think it might be Overboard (1987).

I'm very confident it's not that one as I've seen most of it on TV and it's not matching my memory. But I haven't seen it fully so I'll add it to my Netflix queue.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Zogo posted:

It's a movie from the late 80s or early 90s. I think two couples are taking a vacation on some island or beach and at one point they're playing high stakes monopoly with real $$$. One guy loses and gets upset.

I'm pretty confident it had well-known actors like Robin Williams or Kurt Russell or Jeff Bridges.

could be spies like us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PJzK35hMrU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Zogo posted:

I don't think it's it because of time frame and location but I stumbled across a gif that reminded me that they play real money monopoly in Zombieland.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

That looks like Risk or La Conquête du Monde. Or do they play Monopoly in another scene. Oh well, another movie to watch.

Ape Agitator posted:

I don't think it's it because of time frame and location but I stumbled across a gif that reminded me that they play real money monopoly in Zombieland.

Yea, I've seen that one.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm usually pretty good at remembering things. I can't find this on googs because I can't remember exactly what was said.

It's a comedy. Probably from 2000s but it might not be.

Protagonist is in the back of a truck with some immigrants. One of them says something to him. The protagonist says something back only to get "Que? I only know how to say that sentence and this sentence explaining myself."
Something along those lines.

I think it is a dumb movie.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

ButtWolf posted:

I'm usually pretty good at remembering things. I can't find this on googs because I can't remember exactly what was said.

It's a comedy. Probably from 2000s but it might not be.

Protagonist is in the back of a truck with some immigrants. One of them says something to him. The protagonist says something back only to get "Que? I only know how to say that sentence and this sentence explaining myself."
Something along those lines.

I think it is a dumb movie.

It's from Family Guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBlwchTCHV0

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My bad. Thanks.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I saw a film that seemed to be picking as many action movie cliches and cramming them into every scene - and it was done with complete sincerity. The film starts with the hero's parents being gunned down by a Colombian drug lord and then we jump forward to today where he has an eyepatch and has a cigar butt clenched between his teeth as he fearlessly drives a bulldozer at the bad guys who are shooting at him - he's a real loose cannon. There's a pretty boy best buddy who he meets at the bar who is there to tell the audience just how great the hero is and before they get too homoerotic the hero's girlfriend comes along.

When I google this it suggests the Hasselhoff Nick Fury - it's not him. I think my problem is this was made for TV but it was so fantastically sincere that it was a parody of itself with absolute zero irony.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
A weird animated Christmas movie. It was a 2D animation about the origin of Santa Claus, and the only thing I really remember is that the nature spirits gave him this cloak of immortality so the angel of death would leave him be.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

That sounds like L. Frank Baum's book The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus. There's a Rankin/Bass adaptation, but it's stop-motion and therefore probably not the one you're looking for. Wikipedia tells me that there's a more recent 2D animated version as well, so maybe this is the one you saw. Here's an old VHS trailer for comparison.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Samuel Clemens posted:

That sounds like L. Frank Baum's book The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus. There's a Rankin/Bass adaptation, but it's stop-motion and therefore probably not the one you're looking for. Wikipedia tells me that there's a more recent 2D animated version as well, so maybe this is the one you saw. Here's an old VHS trailer for comparison.

Yeah I think that's it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Where's this from?

reverse GIS just gives japanese text

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

reverse GIS just gives japanese text

But the first result is a wikipedia page you can easily switch to other languages but also includes the english title on the japanese one itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Message_from_Space

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

I remember so many weird fragments of movies I saw in passing. Two bits from separate films come to mind.

1)Black and white. A guy is chained up in a dungeon or basement with his ribs and lungs exposed. For some reason someone tries to assist him by tossing water on his chest but accidentally used vinegar.

2)Upright Guy with serpentine monster's head buried in his abdomen writhing and chomping while the dude cries and yells GET IT OUTTA ME

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
#2 Might be Basketcase 1 or the Fiji Mermaid episode of The X-Files.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

Sarkozymandias posted:

I remember so many weird fragments of movies I saw in passing. Two bits from separate films come to mind.

1)Black and white. A guy is chained up in a dungeon or basement with his ribs and lungs exposed. For some reason someone tries to assist him by tossing water on his chest but accidentally used vinegar.

2)Upright Guy with serpentine monster's head buried in his abdomen writhing and chomping while the dude cries and yells GET IT OUTTA ME

That first one's probably from Waxwork II, in which case the dude that's chained up is Bruce Campbell.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Sarkozymandias posted:

Leviathan has a similar scene although he's pleading HELP ME.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
Is this a real film? I can't find anything about it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_9ZWbo7864o

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Rikimaru posted:

Is this a real film? I can't find anything about it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_9ZWbo7864o

Clearly no. It's several different source videos from tabloidy click baity sources (mail online, Fox news) and a viral video / gif that's been doing the rounds for a year at least at the end. The mpaa card of pg is also clearly fake as something that violent clearly wouldn't be.

Not to mention the owner of the YT channel has uploaded several fake trailers like this and is all over the comments indulging themselves and/or trolling people.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Looking for a recent film. Horror film made probably after 2010, plot goes something like, writer or investigator person stays in a home or hotel in a small town that is New Englandy and the town disappears and there are monsters trying to kill him. The monsters were very lovecraftian.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Reason posted:

Looking for a recent film. Horror film made probably after 2010, plot goes something like, writer or investigator person stays in a home or hotel in a small town that is New Englandy and the town disappears and there are monsters trying to kill him. The monsters were very lovecraftian.

Are you sure it's newer, because that kind of sounds like In the Mouth of Madness

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Opopanax posted:

Are you sure it's newer, because that kind of sounds like In the Mouth of Madness

This is what we thought, but we just watched that and it wasn't it.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Years ago I saw a video that consisted of shots from an Eastern European or Polish sci-fi movie, possibly unfinished or unreleased, set against a very intense soundtrack—an entire album, I think. The movie seemed to be about astronauts stranded on a primitive planet. Lots of frightening, disorienting shots of ritual cavorting on a gray beach. Sound familiar to anyone?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Years ago I saw a video that consisted of shots from an Eastern European or Polish sci-fi movie, possibly unfinished or unreleased, set against a very intense soundtrack—an entire album, I think. The movie seemed to be about astronauts stranded on a primitive planet. Lots of frightening, disorienting shots of ritual cavorting on a gray beach. Sound familiar to anyone?

Sounds like Zulawski's "On The Silver Globe".

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Aleksey German's Hard to Be A God?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHXTr0s-yOo

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

"On the Silver Globe" was exactly it, and from there I found the video I was thinking of quite quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm thinking of a conversation between two people, this could be from a film or a movie. There's a line in it that's "You know, I didn't talk to one person today." I'm wracking my brain trying to remember where it's from. Possibly Breaking Bad?

EDIT: And, as always when I post here, I find it right away. Pump Up the Volume. Happy Harry Hard-on, addressing his listeners.

http://www.awesomefilm.com/script/pumpupthevolume.html