Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
is that good
Apr 14, 2012
You definitely want green even if it only had invigorate.
E: Wait, that's for legacy, my bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

If you want to play competitive infect, yes, blue green is pretty well proven in all formats where it's relevant. However, a black red infect deck would work just fine if you're playing the game for fun. (And in many ways, I totally recommend it.)

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Anyone see the stone forge mystic OGW on twitter? Real or fake?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Could you get us a link?

If you mean this one, it's just a promo card, not part of the upcoming set.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Molybdenum posted:

Anyone see the stone forge mystic OGW on twitter? Real or fake?

Its the GP promo for 2016.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

https://elrincondemagic.wordpress.com/2015/12/28/spoilers-oath-of-gatewatch-stoneforge-mystic/

Are you talking about this?

In that case, happy Spanish April Fools' Day.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Let me be the first to say: Holy poo poo does Support look underwhelming.

Eldrazi cards look sweet, though, especially Spatial Contortion. That card's going to see non-rotating play.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
You know, surge is giving me the feelbads.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sickening posted:

You know, surge is giving me the feelbads.

Drink more water

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Well, this set is going to make my nephew happy (surprise surprise) but I'm just looking at Spatial Contortion.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Niton posted:

Eldrazi cards look sweet, though, especially Spatial Contortion. That card's going to see non-rotating play.

I do not think that card is going to see non-rotating play(assuming you mean Modern/Vintage/Legacy). Where does it slot in?

Elyv fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 28, 2015

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Ramos posted:

https://elrincondemagic.wordpress.com/2015/12/28/spoilers-oath-of-gatewatch-stoneforge-mystic/

Are you talking about this?

In that case, happy Spanish April Fools' Day.

Yeah that one.

Edit: that draw spell makes me want to play rewind in modern.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Niton posted:

Is it? It's a colorless Nameless Inversion, the only thing that's really relevant against in modern is Etched Champion and you can use it in any d-

I'll take eight.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Yeah, Spatial Contortion is going to be the poo poo. Support I think will be better than people expect simply because it lends a lot of power to those green scion decks. +6/+6 that can't be chump blocked by one dude is going to be very useful in limited.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Niton posted:

Its just kind of boring

Scion summoner looks better than 90% of all of greens commons in BFZ lmao

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
Jori En could see eternal play

edit: oh it's just the second spell, not every spell after the first. Nevermind.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

We seem to be missing a card in Elyv's list.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Terrible Horse posted:

Jori En could see eternal play

Maybe? I thought of storm immediately, but its draw a card on your second spell and not 3rd, 4th, etc.

E: yup we both came to the same conclusion

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Comparative analysis (Comp anal...?) seems pretty good.

I think I like surge. Idk how much support it'll have in standard but Git probes + divination seems preeeetttty solid. Not backbreaking or anything.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Are many eternal decks even capable of making colorless mana for Contortion? The duals that do aren't fetchable.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Scion summoner is probably going to end up best green common for drafting.

Colorless nameless inversion has sweet art and is very playable, dunno about any of those other very underwhelming rares.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

odiv posted:

Are many eternal decks even capable of making colorless mana for Contortion? The duals that do aren't fetchable.

Well, keep in mind the colorless mana is Wizards' attempt to combat the overwhelming amount of four color good stuff decks at the moment. Who knows, we might see some new varieties in terms of mana base for at least modern.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Elyv posted:

I do not think that card is going to see non-rotating play(assuming you mean Modern/Vintage/Legacy). Where does it slot in?

I'm not sure where it slots in, but it hits a sweet spot for both mana cost (2CMC) and versatility (can be used to pump an X/4 if that's relevant to your deck).

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Scion summoner is probably going to end up best green common for drafting.

Colorless nameless inversion has sweet art and is very playable, dunno about any of those other very underwhelming rares.

Jori En and Cavalry seem relatively bad, and the others seem like limited bombs at least.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

odiv posted:

Tron? Really any deck that would/could would rather just play dismember probably.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Jori En and Cavalry seem relatively bad, and the others seem like limited bombs at least.

Oh yeah they're certainly decent limited bombs, I should've clarified that I meant for constructed in that context. The blue one seems especially good for limited and blue was already probably the strongest color in bfz drafts.

New goblin bushwacker is certainly constructed playable too, dragon fodder and hordeling outburst haven't rotated yet.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Niton posted:

I'm not sure where it slots in, but it hits a sweet spot for both mana cost (2CMC) and versatility (can be used to pump an X/4 if that's relevant to your deck).

Let's just talk about Modern. 2 mana is actually a decent amount for a removal spell in a world with Dismember, Path, and Bolt; it's the same CMC as Terminate. What deck can easily produce colorless mana and isn't maxed out on those? The first one that jumps to mind to me is Tron, but I don't think Tron wants to be spending its early turns on such a low impact card.

(By the way, in Modern not being able Deceiver Exarch with your removal spell is a real, serious problem. You might say "play it in Legacy" but I think the essential problem still holds there, plus Legacy is generally a more powerful format).

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Terrible Horse posted:

Tron? Really any deck that would/could would rather just play dismember probably.

It's good against etched champion but not much else I can think of

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

odiv posted:

Tron is popping a gigantic erect Urza's Tower at the prospect of running that card

E: Affinity too

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Reminder that the limited format will very much be defined by the Oath cards, as the draft is OGW - OGW - BFZ, so just one pack of bad green / good yourfavouritecolour.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

TheKingofSprings posted:

Tron is popping a gigantic erect Urza's Tower at the prospect of running that card

In its sideboard maybe.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

E: Affinity too

I thought Affinity too but don't most of its mana sources besides inkmoth produce colored mana?

nope, got confused with pauper affinity.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lunsku posted:

Reminder that the limited format will very much be defined by the Oath cards, as the draft is OGW - OGW - BFZ, so just one pack of bad green / good yourfavouritecolour.

Thank god. Green commons were rubbish. I've had like one successful GR deck and it leaned heavily on red and on it's rares.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Terrible Horse posted:

I thought Affinity too but don't most of its mana sources besides inkmoth produce colored mana?

Inkmoth and Blinkmoth make for 7-8 sources

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Terrible Horse posted:

nope, got confused with pauper affinity.

Citadel, both moth nexuses

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

It doesn't kill spellskite which is also pretty relevant about the effectiveness of that card

deftest
May 7, 2011
New tron that focuses less on consistently assembling the lands early and more on control?

Or maybe just some Kozilek's Return in tron

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mikujin posted:

In its sideboard maybe.

It'll run at least one main deck so it can have a shot at Stirrings for it if it needs it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

A certain dual land comes to mind that can tap for blue, white, or colorless mana.

• Locked thread