Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

it just sucks that theyre 100% stun proof even from hammer swings

u can, u can corner them and use a fast weapon. theyre no different to any other hunters really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

frank.club posted:

I for sure stunned one of them with a hunters axe

Most st of the normal rear end hunters are really ez to stunlock

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Transformation moves are good for stuns in my experience.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This bulb headed dudes don't loving play. But halfway up the staircase and I'm sitting on 200k souls, gonna farm this place later

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i get really close to klling marty but then i get overconfident and he kills me. mustve happened three times so far

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

his second form kicks my rear end, the timing throws me off

Dec 26, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Transformation moves are good for stuns in my experience.

they're really good in general

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

turns out my flawless start was just beginers luck and I am actually terrible at this game

Iosefka, Big Spider God Thing and Three Stooges are my three bosses right now and all three kick my rear end really badly.

I almost beat iosefka but she kept popping blood vials and i got frustrated and didn't run away in time and she got me with the ole' octopus spell

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

U dont need 2 fight her unless u really want her rune

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can riposte her when she does that tentacle hand thing but it's a tiny window

Dec 26, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

U dont need 2 fight her unless u really want her rune

yeah. her rune is pretty great though

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
fighting hunters with blades of mercy is so satisfying because you can just do a whole stamina bar combo on them and they cant do poo poo about it

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

if I leave and come back at the red moon does she still end up dropping the cord or did I gently caress that up by trying to throw down?

rediscover posted:

fighting hunters with blades of mercy is so satisfying because you can just do a whole stamina bar combo on them and they cant do poo poo about it

blades of mercy are the blades of best

Dec 26, 2012

as long as you didnt kill her you can get it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

mysterious loyall X posted:

Uh in the church after the ludwig fight? I think they got stunlocked prett easy and the layout of the room is perfect for exploiting the stupif ai

The best part about this was thanks to next gen gaming the magic missile the one shot went through the bed canopy and killed me when i thought I had broke LOS

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lady Maria is really cool!!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo Maria is now my favorite souls boss. gonna co-op just to fight her in her badass gear yeah!

oh poo poo there's more?!

frank.club fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Dec 28, 2015

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

Lady Maria is really cool!!

shes the new false king and i love it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

shes the new false king and i love it

yeah that was how i felt. but her move set is more baddass and she's fun to take 1v1. plus no insane de level attack lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

holy poo poo Maria is now my favorite souls boss. gonna co-op just to fight her in her badass gear yeah!

oh poo poo there's more?!

Hell yeah there is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I killed the two hunters in the church by running like a fairy down the steps and fought them one by one in the prison area beneath, which probably made it harder since I had to parry in the dark

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I killed those hunters by going behind the sarcophagus in the back so the arcane user couldn't hit me while I parried the poo poo out of the other one, then I staggered the poo poo out of the other one with the Chikage.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kos... or as some say Kosm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good luck. That boss took me a few hours

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he got me so bad on the first go I started laughing

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Good luck. That boss took me a few days

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well yes, like 3 or 4 days of off and on attempts. Probably like 3 to 4 hours in the battle

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

He kicked the poo poo out of me in my skill run, but I beat him third try or so on my hunter's axe run. First run of course took like 4 hours.

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

I killed the two hunters in the church by running like a fairy down the steps and fought them one by one in the prison area beneath, which probably made it harder since I had to parry in the dark

that's probably the smartest way to do it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i want to play this.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmao I'm gonna have to level up a bit for this dude

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm wondering if I should go 40/40 in Skill/Bloodtinge or just go full Bloodtinge

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm wondering if I should go 40/40 in Skill/Bloodtinge or just go full Bloodtinge

my favorite thing to do in any souls game after I beat everything like I was normally playing is to get a character and max every stat out and run ng+ forever

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i decided to summon the AI hunter for chalice rom because i don't really enjoy that fight that much and i've done it solo before. i'm clearing out the first wave of spiders, and i can't seem to find him. i then proceed to win the fight, while never seeing him once throughout it. at the end i see something moving inside of one of the pillars, and he glitched himself in there and couldn't get out, so i basically just had to fight a 50% harder rom. lol.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder if the shaman bone blade works on rom. I watched a video of a guy using it on celestial emmissary and the other little aliens killed him in seconds.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
tbh i've never really used the shaman knives at all

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I used them on those two giant rear end in a top hat shark men. There are a few other places I should have used them on now that I think about it though, like some of the hunters.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Blazing challices going to be the stoned playing oblivion of 2016

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
real hunters do not use drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010