Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

cash crab posted:

Maybe I'm reading into this wrong, but someone who's openly gay might not jive with Putin and vice versa.

I wonder if he has some weird reasoning behind this or if he just never heard of this particular policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lady Charlemagne posted:

I am from the whitest-bread east Massachusetts town possible and this is hands down the most New England cookie cutter McMansion house foyer I've ever seen. Fight the power there kid. Your parents didn't give anything up to give you a better future.

Haha what? Its a loving door you weirdo.

KILLALLNERDS.EXE
Oct 12, 2009

Lady Charlemagne posted:

I am from the whitest-bread east Massachusetts town possible and this is hands down the most New England cookie cutter McMansion house foyer I've ever seen. Fight the power there kid. Your parents didn't give anything up to give you a better future.

There is something wrong with your brain.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
Harmless enough, but I'll never understand how people keep falling for this kind of thing:

202,000 comments of people saying, "Only five? You need your eyes checked! I can see [x]!". If you need hundreds of thousands of people commenting on your posts for some reason, just post something that's obviously wrong and give them that smug sense of self-satisfaction of being able to correct you.

"2+2x2+2=? I think the answer is 10, what do you think? :p ;) ;)" Cue a loving holocaust's worth of commenters who feel accomplished for remembering grade four maths.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

in most cases they can sell those accounts on to third parties who've then just got a list of contacts to do whatever with

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

This guy lives only a few miles from me. :stonk:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Blurred posted:

"2+2x2+2=? I think the answer is 10, what do you think? :p ;) ;)" Cue a loving holocaust's worth of commenters who feel accomplished for remembering grade four maths.

Funnily enough, depending on the algorithms in the device, some calculators will get different answers for that equation than others, because PEMDAS is not universal.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:wtc: seriously? What other system is there? First in first out? :v:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Fathis Munk posted:

:wtc: seriously? What other system is there? First in first out? :v:

http://www.solidangl.es/2014/07/the-implications-of-being-implicit.html
http://www.solidangl.es/2014/07/poorly-executed-mnemonics-definitely.html

Math, man. (Though, this really applies to other aspects of PEMDAS, so my initial observation may be a little misleading.)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Those make a good point. Tbh I never learned the pemdas acronym in French school, we did learn order of operations but never as a snappy acronym

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

This guy is married. He regularly posts these. The only person that ever hits Like on his horrifically sexist memes is his wife. Also, I'm 100% confident he doesn't get the irony of this specific picture.

:suicide:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

paradoxGentleman posted:

I wonder if he has some weird reasoning behind this or if he just never heard of this particular policy.

Maybe it's one of those cognitive dissonance things where he's going, "Oh, well, he couldn't possibly mean me."

Blurred posted:

Harmless enough, but I'll never understand how people keep falling for this kind of thing:

202,000 comments of people saying, "Only five? You need your eyes checked! I can see [x]!". If you need hundreds of thousands of people commenting on your posts for some reason, just post something that's obviously wrong and give them that smug sense of self-satisfaction of being able to correct you.

Question: Do sites that share images like "SHARE IF U AGREE" get some kind of ad revenue based on shares and likes?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Might provide some hard, visible metrics for how viral they can get, so it's appealing to advertisers.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Takoluka posted:

Might provide some hard, visible metrics for how viral they can get, so it's appealing to advertisers.

Mmm. Maybe. Still seems really bizarre though.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Huh, wonder who's going to design Obama's presidential library-

well that escalated quickly. I'm a little scared to click his link.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Blurred posted:

This is stupid, there's obviously 9.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

This is stupid, there's obviously 9.

I got Moon Moon.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

Those make a good point. Tbh I never learned the pemdas acronym in French school, we did learn order of operations but never as a snappy acronym

That's surprising given the French love of acronyms.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

This would be true if it wasn't for your bladder, pelvic bone, intestines, and ligaments holding your uterus back. I can't imagine how heavy they think their uterus is. I'm sure these 350 lb women are blaming that small organ for their "pouch"

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

CeramicPig posted:

This would be true if it wasn't for your bladder, pelvic bone, intestines, and ligaments holding your uterus back. I can't imagine how heavy they think their uterus is. I'm sure these 350 lb women are blaming that small organ for their "pouch"

So I guess skinny women all have retroverted uteruses? Who knew!

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

The daily show reposted an old clip about the Fox News panel where a bunch of guys in their 50's made teenage girls dress up in leggings so they could talk about what is and isn't appropriate for girls to wear. It was an objectively weird and creepy segment. Naturally a whole bunch of creepy MRAs came out of the woodwork.

quote:

I like leggings in the work place. It reminds of a "mad men" era where women pleased men. I get bored at the office and having some eye candy to look at sure doesn't hurt. Beauty should be appreciated whether it's in the female form, male form, musical form, or whatever medium. You know those offices that have sexy men and women working there that are in GQ and other magazines? Those offices full of beautiful people actually exist. Now when a woman walks by in leggings I would be stupid to break my neck following her gracious movement in flattering attire; there are more subtle techniques to use when admiring a woman secretively. There's the oh she's coming this way, so I'll put my back to her so when she passes I can look up approach, there's the quick glance from a magazine approach, and many more. (A good magician never reveals his tricks). As a male of dabonair, let's be respectful when looking at women, there no need to oggle them because when you do oggle them you ruin it for everybody. They may stop wearing leggings entirely. So let's silently appreciate it, do not fist bump me, and go about our business. Hell if she looks that good in clothes imagine.... And that should be enough to inspire you to spark up a conversation with her. Who knows, she could be the love of your life that you're letting walk on by because you're too chicken to talk to her.

Let's not be coy. Those leggings are there for a reason. As for little girls wearing them.... Wtf are people thinking. There really should be an age limit on them=18 and up. Some 16 year old girls look like they're 25 and I feel really slimy knowing that I can possibly be looking at a 16 year old. And don't tell me to not look, it's the real world. If I don't look the next guy will look, if you don't like being looked at them don't wear it. Like I said, let's not be coy. People are going to look. If you don't like being looked at then wear a really long dress. But poo poo, I'm sure you'd look good in a dress too
"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for."-Robin Williams, Dead Poet's Society

quote:

Stop bitching, feminists, we've got REAL issues to deal with like preventing the extinction of every species on the planet - including ours. Your immature complaints are rooted in narcissism and aren't worth the time spent on reading them. Grow up.

quote:

'm pretty sure it's about teenage girls wearing skimpy clothes out and their fathers disallowing them to go out dressed like they want to be sexually pursued by other boys.

Why is it "gross" that a middle aged man would sexualize a post-pubescent girl in his mind when the post-pubescent girl has sexualized herself in her dress? And when that was the typical pair married less than 200 years ago. 14 year old girl (or younger) and a 30 year old man (or older).

So what if it's all guys? Girls don't know how guys think, and must every panel contain a representative from every race, gender, sex, creed, religion, nation, and age? The panel is for fathers. No one is rejecting women's or mothers' input. Just soliciting fathers'.

And if I had a son, as a father, I would just as quickly prevent my son from walking around with his shirt off if I thought it would make girls lust after him as I would tell my girl to change if I thought it would make some boys lust after her.

quote:

Ben Roberts You just described the problem perfectly. It is not seen as the same thing, but why not? Why can a woman walk around with her pussy clearly visible, but if a guy was to do the same everyone would lose their poo poo. Ben, thank's for illustrating my point so perfectly. It SHOULD be viewed as the same thing because it is, but it isn't and that's the problem. Genitalia is genitalia, if one sex can't show it off, then the other shouldn't be allowed to either. You are just proving the bias in society. Tell me, why is my dick and balls being clearly visible any different than a females pussy being clearly visible? Again, thanks for proving my point buddy. Equality means equal treatment for men and women. You take the good with the bad. If a female can have her pussy displayed for the world to see then why in the hell can't i do the same? If that labels a man a sex offender, it should also label a female a sex offender. That is equality, what you want is bias.

Elderbean has a new favorite as of 00:16 on Dec 29, 2015

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I watched that clip expecting them to be talking about thigh-highs or something. Nope. Typical everyday casual leggings.

Brb, going to go throw out leggings and wear ski pants for the rest of the winter.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Things liberals say...
'You need to travel and see how the rest of the world lives.' 'We say happy holidays to include those with religious holidays in January and February, also, to acknowledge that they're Americans too - and the only ones who have a problem with that are inbred rednecks.' (In reference to my post about saying Merry Christmas)

Well, here's the thing, Miss thinks-she-knows-it-all, I couldn't give a single poo poo less how the rest of the world lives. If they want to wish me Happy Holidays, they can knock themselves out. I celebrate Christmas. I'll wish you a Merry Christmas and you wish me whatever the gently caress you want to wish me. I'm not going to fall all over myself to include that 1 in 10 person. Life isn't fair and not everyone needs to be included in everything. If you're put out over my wishing you a Merry Christmas, too loving bad. I'm put out about a man winning woman of the year. I'm put out about sexual deviants becoming commonplace. I'm put out that nobody has any loving spine anymore and are completely incapable of standing up for THEMSELVES. They need a group or a club or a pack of liberals to be their voice whether they want it or not. Furthermore, I'm not a redneck, I'm definitely not inbred and by the looks of it, I am FAR more educated than you are. Do you people forget that most conservatives are hard working, well educated, well-off, upper middle class? I guess that part has eluded you in your label making stereotypes. Which just happens to be one more bit of hypocrisy coming from you stupid fucks.

Next up was Ann Coulter on 'The View'. Holy poo poo. First off, kudos to Ann for sitting amongst that pack of liberal idiots who think they have the slightest clue what they're talking about and entertaining their constant unfounded attacks. The only voices of reason up there were Ann Coulter and Barbara Walters. The best part, though, was when Ann said that the OJ verdict was the best thing that happened to black people. That it got white people over their white guilt for a minute and they started convicting black people for their crimes instead of feeling sorry for them and letting them act like savages. Which, in turn, saved thousands of black lives. Whoopi then asks her how she knows what it's like to be black and how she can say black people feel a certain way. Um, what? She didn't say that, dumbass. She didn't say anything remotely resembling that, actually. But, instead of just addressing what she DID say, it turned into a scream fest of unfounded accusations and attacks that had nothing to do with her book and everything to do with how they portrayed her personally. Facts just don't matter to liberals. They never have. Instead of responding with facts, they respond with accusations.They figure if they can talk louder and make accusations, they've won an argument. The equivalent of calling someone an 'inbred redneck' on the internet. Or the old, tired 'racist'. So, in their ignorant minds, if you don't have facts, start labeling and name calling to make you feel like you've won.

Like I've said a thousand times, conservatives are grounded in reality and liberals believe in fairy tales and unicorns. Only one is responsible enough to run a country. And liberals aren't them.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Elderbean posted:

The daily show reposted an old clip about the Fox News panel where a bunch of guys in their 50's made teenage girls dress up in leggings so they could talk about what is and isn't appropriate for girls to wear. It was an objectively weird and creepy segment. Naturally a whole bunch of creepy MRAs came out of the woodwork.

one of these fucks posted:

we've got REAL issues to deal with like preventing the extinction of every species on the planet
And simultaneously: "You will pry my bacon and beef out of my dead hands, filthy vegans!"

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

hyperhazard posted:

I watched that clip expecting them to be talking about thigh-highs or something. Nope. Typical everyday casual leggings.

Brb, going to go throw out leggings and wear ski pants for the rest of the winter.

TDS have been great at exposing lovely people, like in the recent segment where they talk to Trump supporters.
Random link: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trevor-noah-donald-trump-focus-group

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I'm not really conservative, but not fully libertarian. I'm declaring my own new party.

I shall name it "No Bullshititarian". We shall be governed by common sense.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Things liberals say...
'You need to travel and see how the rest of the world lives.' 'We say happy holidays to include those with religious holidays in January and February, also, to acknowledge that they're Americans too - and the only ones who have a problem with that are inbred rednecks.' (In reference to my post about saying Merry Christmas)

I know LoB's quotes, but don't those people celebrate the new year? Like, day off on Dec 31st, Jan 1st, and all that? Even in Greece and France people use Happy Holidays to refer to the entire period, and neither country is shy about plastering Christmas on everything and anything in sight. "Have a good period of time ranging from ~23rd of December until ~3rd of January" is a bit unwieldy, and even "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year" has time issues (is it the 26th? Sounds weird, and the new year is a week away still), not to mention it's two things and not one, so it's harder to drop with a goodbye or something.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's now a public offense to verbally harass people in Portugal.

The saltiness is immense. From this being a law that bans romance, a law that will destroy marriage to even being a law that will increase homosexuality, since this harassment law is mostly to protect women so i guess men will start throwing sexual harassment to other horny construction workers :psyduck:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Mans posted:

a law that will increase homosexuality,

I have absolutely no problem with this whatsoever.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

They're so crafty!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I've seen a few videos where "men try leggings" and they come to the same conclusion about leggings as literally every single woman who wears them and explains their reason for doing so: They're comfy as all gently caress.

Sometimes we also say "Plus they make my butt look good" so the fact they look nice is occasionally a secondary afterthought. And that's only if we wear leggings as pants exclusively and not with something else over it, like a really long sweater or a skirt which then hides said rear end. Primary function is comfort and you're just going to have to loving accept it, you pricks.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

mng posted:

They're so crafty!

Literally just hobo symbols from the Great Depression.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Practical Demon posted:

Literally just hobo symbols from the Great Depression.

Yes, but the caption adds a touch of :britain: racism, so.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

AlbieQuirky posted:

Yes, but the caption adds a touch of :britain: racism, so.

Is there a crying euro ? because it should replace your britain in there. The entire eu is racist against gypsies be they irish or roma

Mans posted:

it's now a public offense to verbally harass people in Portugal.

The saltiness is immense. From this being a law that bans romance, a law that will destroy marriage to even being a law that will increase homosexuality, since this harassment law is mostly to protect women so i guess men will start throwing sexual harassment to other horny construction workers :psyduck:

I hope the last one actually happens. So I can go somewhere and be cat called in that places jersey accent

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

mng posted:

They're so crafty!

I thought this was the Thieves Guild for a second.

Picnic Princess posted:

I've seen a few videos where "men try leggings" and they come to the same conclusion about leggings as literally every single woman who wears them and explains their reason for doing so: They're comfy as all gently caress.

Sometimes we also say "Plus they make my butt look good" so the fact they look nice is occasionally a secondary afterthought. And that's only if we wear leggings as pants exclusively and not with something else over it, like a really long sweater or a skirt which then hides said rear end. Primary function is comfort and you're just going to have to loving accept it, you pricks.

Ah, yes. "[blank] tries [blank]". My favourite type of clickbait.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

cash crab posted:

I thought this was the Thieves Guild for a second.

Ah, yes. "[blank] tries [blank]". My favourite type of clickbait.

Raccoon tries cocaine, you know you'd watch it.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

a cautionary tale posted:

perhaps the idiots on social media is me??? posted:

I am not actually friends with this person and have never even heard of them before posted:

Lottery of Babylon has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Dec 29, 2015

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

mng posted:

They're so crafty!

Oh, this is easy, just carve the 'nothing worth stealing' sign into your own fence post!

...Only to find out that it's actually the 'gullible idiot' sign, and they lied! Those crafty thieves.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

CeramicPig posted:

Also that's not where your uterus is, if you're not pregnant. Your uterus is inside your pelvis. It's not touching the front wall of the abdominal cavity; it's behind the pubic bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dogfish posted:

Also that's not where your uterus is, if you're not pregnant. Your uterus is inside your pelvis. It's not touching the front wall of the abdominal cavity; it's behind the pubic bone.

Wandering Womb syndrome :smugdog: