Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
cubicles are vastly preferable to the open workspace thing

constant petty theft and distraction are the future of productivity enhancement techniques

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I worked at another open plan office and watched this married woman have at least three affairs with guys who all sat in the same 20-30 seat area

Like she'd go canoodle as if there were walls or at least cubicles so they had privacy as they chatted before holding hands and lunch etc, then in a week or two pick a different guy and do the same. Each spurned former guy would sit and fume angrily while she giggled and flirted with the new one, all in view of everyone. I think they had to move her to another area in the building eventually

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
imagine being so depressed and insecure that you have to post on the internet about how angry you get over the way happy people dress

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I've been playing Guitar Hero Live and all the FMV stuff is pretty much Millennial.jpg The Game.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
You bunch of ungrateful cunts. Millenials made this forum what it is today.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure Lowtax falls under gen-x.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
lowtax is an ageless demigod.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

SYSV Fanfic posted:

You bunch of ungrateful cunts. Millenials made this forum what it is today.

something awful

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
(keyword is awful)

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

notZaar posted:

I'm pretty sure Lowtax falls under gen-x.

Whatever, without a generation giving him free actually funny front page content and their parents $10 bux over and over again, SA would just be another dead site in the web 1.0 trashbin.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

little munchkin posted:

imagine being so depressed and insecure that you have to post on the internet about how angry you get over the way happy people dress

Good effort, for a millennial.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
everyone's favorite millennial:

how is this not just a goon. like how is this the richest person in the world.

uggo asian wifey.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Zuckerberg is Jewish, maybe that's why he didn't take a hot trophy wife.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

thathonkey posted:

how is this not just a goon. like how is this the richest person in the world.

uggo asian wifey.

lol at this post implying that everyone has to go for the lowest common denominator, and otherwise cant be happy.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
yeah i never understood why he chose to have such an average looking asian wife

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

fits my needs posted:

maybe he loves her :love:
:love:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
maybe faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaartttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
in spite of her mediocrity, id cuck zuck if he asked id charge an exorbitant fee though like several milion to keep quiet

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

zuck is an ideolog and doesnt realize what he should be doing which is marrying and divorcing every 3-5 years. instead he thinks hes in love and found his life long match lol

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

thathonkey posted:

in spite of her mediocrity, id cuck zuck if he asked id charge an exorbitant fee though like several milion to keep quiet

Mark Cuckerberg

I was watching The Terminator on Netflix today and there's one scene where Linda Hamilton is in a bar and checking the phone book, using a pay phone, etc. And throughout the entire minute + scene there's just a dude leaning against the wall staring at her as she looks panicked and tries to make an emergency calls. He just looks at her the entire time.

As a millennial, I'm just wondering if, before cell phones became ubiquitous, this was just an okay thing to do? I've been raised to intersperse every social situation with nervous and periodic glances at my cell phone screen.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
I like to imagine the past filled with a lot more eye contact

Makes it feel more meaningful and dangerous

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

speshl guy posted:

Mark Cuckerberg

heh

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mistikman posted:

A little backstory: due to crippling depression combined with the recession, my career completely disintegrated in 2009/2010. Since then I have had to move back in with my parents and have spent the last 5 years mostly out of work, with 1 1/2 years spent working at Walmart and another 2 years spent on a failed attempt to go back to school for a degree. The return to school was unfortunately ruined again by my depression, and now I have basically nothing to show for it except lots of student loan debt.

Now I am trying once again to get back into the workforce, but having been out of work for so much time in the last 6 years, and having lost contact with everyone I knew professionally due to my tendency to isolate, I have very little going for me, so I am applying mostly to minimum wage jobs.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the thread is millennial.jpg, not millennial.txt

also i kind of doubt a 2001 reg is a millennial unless he regged at 16 at the oldest.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

KoRMaK posted:

zuck is an ideolog and doesnt realize what he should be doing which is marrying and divorcing every 3-5 years. instead he thinks hes in love and found his life long match lol

lol yeah the thing someone with billions of dollars should do is divorce a bunch of chicks so they get all his money, exept for dating a varying number of floozies for how long the gently caress he wants

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Imma gonna be real honest here for a moment. Zuckerbergs wife looks fine and I have idea where all the opposition and hate is coming from. That's the truth and you all know it.

Velisarius
Nov 1, 2009
um...

he's a typical white nerd who picked up any old asian hag, as they tend to do

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Lol if you think being married means that The Zuck can't have any Asian lady that he wants.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

symbolic posted:

also i kind of doubt a 2001 reg is a millennial unless he regged at 16 at the oldest.

Hi, I'm a millennial.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

Yeah that seems pretty likely actually. SA had a much younger userbase when it got started, most of us have stuck around and got older.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

notZaar posted:

SA had a much younger userbase when it got started, most of us have stuck around and got older.

I'm starting to think that this might be The Natural Order of Things on the Interwebs... Forums/social media sites will come and go, but people will always need cohorts.

Hell, generations are just vague, society-wide cohorts, anyway.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Son of Rodney posted:

lol yeah the thing someone with billions of dollars should do is divorce a bunch of chicks so they get all his money, exept for dating a varying number of floozies for how long the gently caress he wants

its called a pre-nub you dumb idiot

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
The Zuck waited until after facebook IPO'd to marry his wife. His pre-nup will still make her worth more than anyone you've ever met in the event he decides to boot her rear end to the curb.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Mark Zuckerberg is actually gay and he married his wife because she secretly has a buttehole and gay people often use that for sex.

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

jesus christ

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
WHAT in the HELL is this indeed.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

What's her e/n poster name?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

KoRMaK posted:

its called a pre-nub you dumb idiot

If he wanted to sleep around he wouldn't have gotten married.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

fits my needs posted:

Maybe he felt the need to keep it semi-believable? Like so he can tell himself that she actually likes him and believe it sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Maoist Pussy posted:

Maybe he felt the need to keep it semi-believable? Like so he can tell himself that she actually likes him and believe it sometimes.

That doesn't make sense because it's real easy to tell when a woman doesn't like something.

• Locked thread