Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Haha holy poo poo what a total buzzkill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

R. Mute posted:

So, what the gently caress is this poo poo?

I mean, aside from me having a terrible game.

looks like a old graphics card but who knows , what graphics card do you have

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I got my mastery badge on G W Panther yesterday on a loss. 3900 damage, at least I completed arty mission 15.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

R. Mute posted:

So, what the gently caress is this poo poo?

I mean, aside from me having a terrible game.

That happened to me a few days ago as well, but only once and my graphics card is a-ok. Probably some kind of bug/failed Christmas poo poo.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Had that on one map too - assumed WG had tried to make it snow and cocked it up.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/cw/4th-campaign-preview/ new clan wars free tank stuff i don't have any of the tanks yet so anyone got any ideas of what clan i should join to get one? . . with my stats 1720 wn8 have over 15 tier 10s though

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Heh, I just found out that my crew voice mod is now included in Aslain's modpack. :toot:

At least until the new sound FX come out and they switch to a different sound engine, but hey.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Turmoilx posted:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/cw/4th-campaign-preview/ new clan wars free tank stuff i don't have any of the tanks yet so anyone got any ideas of what clan i should join to get one? . . with my stats 1720 wn8 have over 15 tier 10s though

Figures after I stop giving a poo poo about this game they put out the American medium tank I wanted.

Anyways, the Failowe is pretty good; the 907 is a monster; M60 is ok; the new American mediums looks good but I am really not sure.

Also I had a pretty kick rear end weekend (somehow). Some notes:
AMX 30 is still loving amazing
New IS-8 is loving amazing
The T6 Czech tank is growing on me, not the best but not totally rear end.
The Rhombus is still fantastic and can carry in T10 games.
The M4 Rev is a nice tank, but the mods break on it pretty easily. Has a hard time carrying in T10 games due to the low pen.

Edit: I still hate the T95, did well in it this weekend but I still despise it.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 28, 2015

West007
Apr 21, 2013

x5 in full effect. Would have been nice if it was a win.

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011
Who has enough pull in a decent clan that you get me in so I at least have a chance at getting a reward tank?

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Rothmog posted:

Who has enough pull in a decent clan that you get me in so I at least have a chance at getting a reward tank?

Evidently WG is going to continue to offer CW reward tanks as prizes for the lifetime of this game. I'm going to try to get into a CW clan on my own merits, after the campaign. Is that feasible for a t10-haver? Or is everyone worthwhile no longer recruiting at all?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

stephenfry posted:

Evidently WG is going to continue to offer CW reward tanks as prizes for the lifetime of this game. I'm going to try to get into a CW clan on my own merits, after the campaign. Is that feasible for a t10-haver? Or is everyone worthwhile no longer recruiting at all?

Everyone is recruiting. You cannot have too many active players because you need to play a shitton of strongholds to make influence to even play clan wars. Also if you want to get the tank, just play every night of the Campaign with any clan - I easily got the 907 playing with ROXY, IOC and Y0L0. Incidentally all three clans died (Y0L0 came back after their merger with some other clan predictably imploded.)

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.

Hellsau posted:

I easily got the 907 playing with ROXY, IOC and Y0L0. Incidentally all three clans died (Y0L0 came back after their merger with some other clan predictably imploded.)
So how many clans total is that now that you've successfully killed? :parrot:

brodoyouevengif fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 28, 2015

Sayara
May 10, 2009
Took a break from this game and holy moley the amount of new tanks! I'm also back to being 40% scrub lord since I still can't play for poo poo. Anyhoo, how are these lines to play: German TDs with Nashorn, Russian mediums A-43 and up (and obj 140), British TDs and arties, Japanese and Czech in general?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Imagine this, but in a ST-I with 7.4k damage and 7 kills.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I traded in an unwanted gift card for gold. Do I get the Japanese Tiger or the Czech Skoda? I've heard meh things about both but that hasn't stopped me before.

Edit: Hmm, for $8 more gold I can get the CDC or the M4 Rev. Let's be honest here, I'll probably bomb in those tanks, but they still sound appealing...

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 28, 2015

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Can anybody recommend a good T10 tank to work for? I really like playing mediums.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Krataar posted:

Can anybody recommend a good T10 tank to work for? I really like playing mediums.

Any of the Soviet mediums really.

Sayara posted:

Took a break from this game and holy moley the amount of new tanks! I'm also back to being 40% scrub lord since I still can't play for poo poo. Anyhoo, how are these lines to play: German TDs with Nashorn, Russian mediums A-43 and up (and obj 140), British TDs and arties, Japanese and Czech in general?
The new German TDs are glass cannons with big guns. The T8 used to be absolutely ridiculous with 400m view range, now it's merely very strong. The T10 has got an autoloader with a 128mm gun which can on average one clip every tank in the game from full health except for the Maus (it used to be able to one clip everything with damage to spare). The line can be boring to play since you need to stay fairly far back otherwise you will be nuked.
Most people hate the A-44, otherwise the line is good.
Only the Charioteer is usable from British TDs, avoid otherwise. FV304 for the arties can be fun, otherwise avoid as well (though the top tier can be hilarious, the grind is miserable at best).
The Japanese mediums are mostly painfully average with no armor at all. Heavies are hilarious brick tanks especially the T5-7, definitely try them out.
No opinion on the Czech line yet, the T5 is ok I guess.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Are there any mediums that can do ok as brawlers? or maybe some of the faster heavys?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Krataar posted:

Are there any mediums that can do ok as brawlers? or maybe some of the faster heavys?

T-54 is the ultimate medium brawler. The trick is to never expose your side armor or lower plate. I haven't mastered this yet, but it's doable.

I suppose the Type 59 and T-54 mod. 1 are similar, but I have only faced off against those tanks.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Pershing is a fantastic brawler as well but the tier 9 and 10 american mediums rely more on incredible positioning and low aim time so their playstyle is more peeping over a hill and slinging out a ridiculously accurate snapshot before retreating into cover again.

E-50M is fantastic at bullying people too but, with the exception of the E-50, the german mediums are pretty mediocre at brawling.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Krataar posted:

T-34-2 is so small and has such a strong, angled turret that you can just grind on an opponents flank and drive back and forth and you're basically invincible, specially vs German or American heavies that are too tall to shoot you. And now versus Japanese heavies it's even more hilarious because they won't even see you in first person.

T-54 and Chinese tier IX 54 knock off are the best brawlers tho

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

T-54 is the ultimate medium brawler. The trick is to never expose your side armor or lower plate. I haven't mastered this yet, but it's doable.

I suppose the Type 59 and T-54 mod. 1 are similar, but I have only faced off against those tanks.

I would call the wz120 better than the t54 at knife fighting

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

brodoyouevengif posted:

So how many clans total is that now that you've successfully killed? :parrot:

name one that I haven't :unsmigghh:

Krataar posted:

A very good player in the VK3002D can brawl like crazy, unfortunately it requires really precise angling and a lot of premium ammo so probably not a great idea if you're new.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone got a good guide for how to not suck at scouts/LTs? I suck at scouting and it's making using the M-41 frustrating because I know just how awesome it can be. Once I get 6th sense unlocked it might be a different story, but I don't hold out much hope.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Squish posted:

Has anyone got a good guide for how to not suck at scouts/LTs? I suck at scouting and it's making using the M-41 frustrating because I know just how awesome it can be. Once I get 6th sense unlocked it might be a different story, but I don't hold out much hope.

Stephenfry wrote one a few pages back for me. Check his post history.

e: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516406&pagenumber=34#post453693546 i found it

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Scouting relies the most on specific map knowledge and experience. If recommend playing a lot of faster mediums then learning how to scout.

As for actually learning, nothing compares to finding some massive light tank sperg, platooning with them, and having them tell you which bushes are safe and useful, which aren't, and any unexpected spots. Until I did that I didn't know that you should be spotting mid on Lakeville from the 7 line when you have a competent crew, because you have clearer lines of sight and won't be killed when some suicidal moron lights you the second before he dies.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Hellsau posted:

PANSY :gifttank:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I'm not sure pansy was ever alive and I've been in it almost since it started

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Hellsau kind of killed it because there was only one guy leading strongholds and stuff and he left because of Hellsau. Then Hellsau tried leading strongholds and stuff a few times but a few people would always quit after a few battles because they didn't like being yelled at and the team would fall apart.

So credit where credit is due.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Also it was a little bit my fault because the guy who was leading stuff came back after Hellsau left (I forget his name... br?) and I jokingly said in clan chat that Hellsau came back and he immediately left the clan again. Which was hilarious, but now we don't do strongholds anymore.

v yeah, that's him.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Dec 29, 2015

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I thought it was OSad..

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I forgot about OSad, I only vaguely remember he was a massive baby over something but anyway I liked Hellsau's shoutings

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Let's not forget the fun times we had with LSD Calling.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Hellsau posted:

:ghitler:2PAC :ghitler: (we're perfectly capable of imploding by ourselves)

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Soulfucker posted:

:ghitler:2PAC :ghitler: (we're perfectly capable of imploding by ourselves)

I think nightshift would actually kill Hellsau.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

Imagine this, but in a ST-I with 7.4k damage and 7 kills.

Yeah, I could see that being even more :smith:. The thing is, I wasn't actually mad at the end of that match; it was a tough loss, but I was strangely OK with it. I guess I was kind of glad it was over, because it was pretty stressful and my team didn't particularly want to contribute. I did miss once and bounce a few times, and any better hits there possibly could've changed the outcome, but frankly I'm satisfied with my performance in such a mediocre tank. I just can't decide what was the most :rolleyes: moment from that battle: the 45% T32 max-rolling me for 400, the :wtc: freak bounce off the rear of that other T32 at the end, or me getting full-penned by a tier 6 arty. I mean I see how the last one probably happened, I was going downhill and was angled just enough for him to pen my deck/roof, but I don't think I deserved to be that unlucky for how I played. Anyways, I thought about packing it up for the night and taking it as a sign to make that my last battle, but I really wanted that last quint, especially because I won't be able to get any more of them due to work through the rest of the week. The loss was totally rectified by that Lakeville match, where I got to educate the shitlord pubbies on exactly why you don't go valley on Lakeville. :colbert: There was a point that I thought we might lose it and that shitsniffer would think going valley is justified, but the tables got turned and he shut the gently caress up real quick. He never responded to me after I messaged him; I wonder why! :smugdog:

NotWearingPants posted:

Also it was a little bit my fault because the guy who was leading stuff came back after Hellsau left (I forget his name... br?) and I jokingly said in clan chat that Hellsau came back and he immediately left the clan again. Which was hilarious, but now we don't do strongholds anymore.

I've actually been thinking about this recently. I'm happy being in PANSY, and with PANSY being the casual goon clan.* The only thing I miss is doing Skirmishes, and there are rarely enough goons on simultaneously to be able to do it, let alone competitively. There are still plenty of active goons, though; going back just a couple of weeks I count about 40 of 90 players in-game (see: http://www.vbaddict.net/clan/worldoftanks.com/1000011433/heer-as-volk/members); we were actually full up just a few days ago so I kicked several inactives to make room. I don't want to force out any goons who just want to play casually; personally I'd be happy just being a legionary, playing for other clans and being free to play with any of them as needed. To that effect, I brought in my bro's account** as a placeholder. I'm not available regularly enough to be a reliable teammate (i.e. in an active clan), so with that in mind, what would you guys suggest I do?

*Also, PANSY is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people here. In PANSY you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the PANSY motto, for example, that's how laid back it is here. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

**Someone else (msec maybe?) was given the account credentials for use by his bro, but after over 4 months the account has gone unused (0 additional battles played.) That's perfectly fine, but I figured that if nobody else is actually going to use the account, and I now have a use for it, I'm going to reclaim it. Sorry if that disappoints you. :shrug:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, RNG decided to consistently take massive, steaming dumps on you that round.

Mine was one of those mythical matches where you're in a ST-I, you're the only Tier 9 on your team, and the other team is all IS-6 variants. I probably could have won with better play on my part, or if my lovely teammates decided to not feed themselves to the T30 on the other team one by one. It also would have helped if I didn't have a broken engine from all the HE the IS-6s were using to get 0 damage crits on me, which I also discovered don't even count as damage blocked for HT-12 thanks to this round.
:suicide:

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Anyone formed any opinions on the Czech tanks yet?