Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013

Has Muir seen any of the Star Wars films?

Because using the Force to directly harm someone is kind of a Dark Side thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

10% more muscle mass on average means men are just stronger at space wizard magic. :biotruths:

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

The hand says "brutal sadist" but the eyes say "Just trying to help." Oh TerrorIsis, you mean well but you're not in Syria anymore.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Egregious Offences posted:

Has Muir seen any of the Star Wars films?

Because using the Force to directly harm someone is kind of a Dark Side thing.

Also Rey only uses Force tricks that Kylo uses on her first, and then only direct, intrusive mental ones like mind tricking and mind reading.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I think he confused Star Wars with Spaceballs.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I do derive some extra joy knowing that Muir was in the audience just loving steaming. I watched a good movie and had fun enjoying some good characters and somewhere else in the world Muir dropped some precious dough and was just fuming and angry and composing a list of how it wasn't wrong when I had a smile.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Meanwhile, back in reality we're discussing how ISIL's lost Tishrin Dam and how they've responded to Kurdish advances toward the city of Manbij:
https://twitter.com/DrPartizan_/status/681471839495938048

quote:

BREAKING: Sources in Manbij say ISIS are moving most of its detainees away from the town to other destination. (ANHA)

Manbij is witnessing large migration of ISIS fighters and their families. Sources say armed men have almost disappeared from the city.

Source in Manbij says an ISIS Emir fled the city with documents and discs on information on ISIS fighters & an estimated $6 million (ANHA)
Specifically, the massive retreat ISIL's doing.

Keep loving that chicken Ramirez, I know living in reality is a very painful experience to you. Go ahead and keep drawing Incompetent Golfing Wormbama and living in your bubble, we'll just stay in reality. I like it better in reality anyway.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

The Ape of Naples posted:

I do derive some extra joy knowing that Muir was in the audience just loving steaming. I watched a good movie and had fun enjoying some good characters and somewhere else in the world Muir dropped some precious dough and was just fuming and angry and composing a list of how it wasn't wrong when I had a smile.

until you realize his ravings at the screen ruined the movie for the audience. Then you smile again when you realize he got tasered by a mall cop.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
No indictment over Tamir Rice.

The next couple days are going to be insane.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The $11 he had to spend was probably a significant chunk of his income too, assuming he's still doing that "living on $12k of donations" thing.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
Do you guys really think he saw it in theaters instead of watching a really shaky, poor quality bootleg version online?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

Do you guys really think he saw it in theaters instead of watching a really shaky, poor quality bootleg version online?

Muir doesn't really leave his house, he's just an embodiment of whatever blog he reads. He's totally seen the older ones since everything was good and worth remembering but all the star wars feminist thing is just drawing from clickbait

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I seriously doubt he actually went and saw the movie himself.

Also if Rey actually did hurt Kylo's balls he'd be bitching about how "misandrist" she was.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

Yeah, to be fair, Muir's understanding of "TFA" is probably mostly hearsay.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

What the gently caress is he even talking about? He's like a buggy chatbot, Jesus loving Christ.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
He's just regurgitating dumb talking points from Internet morons like he always does

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

So when twitter pretended to be angry there are no straight white men in star wars the next generation to get blog outrage, and then the dust cleared and nobody was actually saying that, Muir swoops in and yells to an empty auditorium "I agree, furthermore..."

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What the gently caress is he even talking about? He's like a buggy chatbot, Jesus loving Christ.

What does it mean for humanity if a person fails the Turing test?

Riatsala fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 29, 2015

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Anyone itt who isn't acutely aware of Chris Muir steadily losing his ability to converse and interact with human beings must read Day by Day for the banging titties. Or they're smart enough to skip it entirely.

Krinkle posted:

So when twitter pretended to be angry there are no straight white men in star wars the next generation to get blog outrage, and then the dust cleared and nobody was actually saying that, Muir swoops in and yells to an empty auditorium "I agree, furthermore..."

"throat." — Chris Muir

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 29, 2015

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know no Political Cartoonist will even know who Lemmy was but I'm preparing myself to be angry anyway.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

I know no Political Cartoonist will even know who Lemmy was but I'm preparing myself to be angry anyway.

Bors and/or Allie probably played THPS3

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Krinkle posted:

Pretty sure Adam driver is married and there's the ginger tarkin guy gleeson as well. Unless he thinks it doesn't count unless you're on the light side of the force and Oscar Isaac isn't white enough for you.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Picnic Princess posted:

It's just a movie, you guys. Not worth getting upset over or arguing about.

you must be new to the internet

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Krinkle posted:

Wait is Poe Dameron gay? Han is into wookies? What the gently caress is going on.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Poe and Finn are as gay as Spock and Kirk or Harry and whatever that red head kid is named yeah

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

go deep fry your face, Ramirez

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
"Now watch this drive" - Obama

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

LingcodKilla posted:

Wait is Poe Dameron gay? Han is into wookies? What the gently caress is going on.

The Internet has decided he is.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

fade5 posted:

Meanwhile, back in reality we're discussing how ISIL's lost Tishrin Dam and how they've responded to Kurdish advances toward the city of Manbij:
https://twitter.com/DrPartizan_/status/681471839495938048

Specifically, the massive retreat ISIL's doing.

Keep loving that chicken Ramirez, I know living in reality is a very painful experience to you. Go ahead and keep drawing Incompetent Golfing Wormbama and living in your bubble, we'll just stay in reality. I like it better in reality anyway.

It had to be the brave generals that took the helm from incompetent baby-man. Anything for Rameriez to deny that President Obama did anything he would approve of. If he spontaneously transformed into the Holy Regan and delivered the gospel of trickle-down economics while chiding all those whiny minorities for not loving America enough, Rameriez would rant about why it took so long.

What must it be like to be so deeply insecure about your masculinity that the idea of a female character being highly competent drives you into a defensive outrage?

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 29, 2015

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Is this thread seriously how I find out about this :smith:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Why does the Golf Ninja have a "Terror" bib and "ISIS" bumbag?

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
for anyone who needed it, a brief reminder that Muir is not just an idiot, but actually a ~bad person~

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Mantis posted:

for anyone who needed it, a brief reminder that Muir is not just an idiot, but actually a ~bad person~

what even is this

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Geostomp posted:

What must it be like to be so deeply insecure about your masculinity that the idea of a female character that you didn't make up being highly competent drives you into a defensive outrage?

FTFY. That's what baffles me the most. Sam is an accomplished engineer AND markswoman AND seductress AND mother AND homeschool teacher AND household manager AND bartender AND aspiring author with the figure of a 19-year-old model despite never dieting or exercising. She has two full-time jobs' worth of daily responsibilities and still has enough time to read pulp novels, follow the news, and take leisurely walks around the ranch. You have no right to write a female character like that and go around calling other people's characters Mary Sues.

E: I just took the Universal Mary Sue Litmus Test for Sam. She got a 74 on a test where a result of 50+ suggests a character is "almost certainly a Mary Sue, and a bad one at that."

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Dec 29, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

memy posted:

Is this thread seriously how I find out about this :smith:

I found out because of WWE so there are worse ways.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

But that's the way I like it, baby, I don't want to live forever.

Edit: cancer loving sucks though.

itskage fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 29, 2015

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Wouldn't it be silly if they referred to a terrorist like Robert Lewis Dear as "Bob"?

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
Chris, if you're reading this, please know that there are some people out there that can see you're suffering. Your mental state is clearly deteriorating, and you appear to be unable to cope with things normal people find absolutely trivial. Just know that you have an easy way out if you ever choose to take it. Nobody will blame you. Just don't hurt anyone else on your way out, we beg you.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Wouldn't it be silly if they referred to a terrorist like Robert Lewis Dear as "Bob"?

So he's going to do this until what, February? With a possible stop here or there two weeks after something pisses him off or to recognize "squirrel appreciation day" in a totally not racist way. How long did he go last year?

• Locked thread