Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh yeah, i just got the moonlight blade up to +9, and drat it's awesome. the arcane stuff is great for dealing with hunters, and the general claymore nature of the weapon makes it really good for crowd control. the transform arcane > normal smash is loving baller too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm wondering if I should go 40/40 in Skill/Bloodtinge or just go full Bloodtinge

skill/bloodtinge imo

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You should be able to stack powerful visceral attacks doing that

speaking of Kos seems to give huge health back if you visceral him with the health regain rune.

Dec 26, 2012

powerful viscerals + there are a lot of good skill weapons, especially in the dlc area

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think i'm going to do STR / ARC because i'm loving HMS so much... not sure how much i want to go into ARC though. it's like 18 right now, and i'm thinking of getting up to enough to use all of the tools. is it worth going higher to get scaling on them?

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i think i'm going to do STR / ARC because i'm loving HMS so much... not sure how much i want to go into ARC though. it's like 18 right now, and i'm thinking of getting up to enough to use all of the tools. is it worth going higher to get scaling on them?

It's worth it just to make the R2 beams more badass, IMO. You're also gonna want to dip into skill a little bit if you want to use it to its full potential.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
thanks. everything in this game is extremely badass. i've been fooling around with the iron fist offhand weapon, and it's fairly cool.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

It's weird to think people complained about this being a short game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

01011001 posted:

powerful viscerals + there are a lot of good skill weapons, especially in the dlc area

beasthunter saif looks cool

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Holy gently caress micolash and his sick tentacle parries

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i took down logarius in a single attempt w/ half blood vials (unsuccessful co-op attempt beforehand to remember his moves), which made me feel pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t8u-a1stJU

and then died during the micolash fight to one of his dwarf marrionettes going after the blood chunks, lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

It's like an even better version of the saw cleaver. I love it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does nobody coop for Kos? I tried out of curiosity and couldn't find or be summoned by anyone for like an hour

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
if youre not getting hits for co-op or invasions, my friend and I found out that the game does stupid poo poo if you rest the ps4 and bloodborne is still open. when you turn your ps4 on again and bloodborne opens automatically from rest, you can be sure that you will not be getting any co-op. if you are not getting co-op and that isn't the case, you may be over/underleveled for the area, or need to turn off your password.

anyway that's my bloodborne co-op trpouble shooting guide. in God we Game

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thank you I did open it up from rest

Dec 26, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

beasthunter saif, church pick, and rakuyo are all ownage

Soral
May 30, 2009

lady maria is so awesome. i wear her hat because i think shes so cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

Does nobody coop for Kos? I tried out of curiosity and couldn't find or be summoned by anyone for like an hour

Bloodborne gamers fight with honor, in my experience

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
If you get summoned in the first layer of Lower Puthmerian then be careful not to accidentally kill the host with the arrow trap in the next room from the lamp, this has happened to me several times now

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

gently caress nightmare frontie

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i took down micolash's phase 2 on my first try and without damage, which i was happy with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rQjlg28jlA

tumor looking batty posted:

yeah, it's pretty annoying, even if it is really thematic (the frenzy mechanic really does make you feel like you're in an insane alternate dimension). after you're familiar with the place you can pretty easily do a run that unlocks the first shortcut and then pick apart the big setpieces at your leisure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

did you meet patches

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i took down micolash's phase 2 on my first try and without damage, which i was happy with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rQjlg28jlA

yeah, it's pretty annoying, even if it is really thematic (the frenzy mechanic really does make you feel like you're in an insane alternate dimension). after you're familiar with the place you can pretty easily do a run that unlocks the first shortcut and then pick apart the big setpieces at your leisure.

that's mensis I think

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

I like that level, the brain dude didnt know I was there and started singing

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

that's mensis I think

oh, yeah, you're right. i get the two names confused.

nightmare frontier is sort of cool, and has some neat secrets, but the boss is a little boring once you've beaten it once. the first time you meet a winter lantern is terrifying though. they're the hardest enemies in the base game, imo.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the best thing about the nightmare frontier is how bright and sunny it is. its a nice change of pace

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

did you meet patches

something pushed me into the swamp and i died

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You met patches 👌

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the winter lanterns in nightmare frontier are the scariest loving things in any video game ive played imo

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

the winter lanterns in nightmare frontier are the scariest loving things in any video game ive played imo

There's a video where someone zoomed in on the lanters and it turns out they are really really hosed up versions of the doll from the dream,vlike the fringes of her dress are replaced with flayed hanging flesh and stuff

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah, it sucks donkey balls.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmao

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

oh, yeah, you're right. i get the two names confused.

nightmare frontier is sort of cool, and has some neat secrets, but the boss is a little boring once you've beaten it once. the first time you meet a winter lantern is terrifying though. they're the hardest enemies in the base game, imo.

i love amygdala. wish it had more hp tho ... same with the shadows. if the shadows did more dmg and had a bit more hp theyd be legendary like O+S

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i always stop to throw a few pebbles at patches in the nightmare frontier haha. he even drops something if you kill him and can be bothered to go pick it up iirc. it doesnt end his sidequest either, i could be wrong though.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate rom so goddamn much lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

I hate rom so goddamn much lol

Stupid loving spider.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ue the whirligig l2 on it :-D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i always stop to throw a few pebbles at patches in the nightmare frontier haha. he even drops something if you kill him and can be bothered to go pick it up iirc. it doesnt end his sidequest either, i could be wrong though.

Lol cool. In later playthrough I have been killing him in the lecture hall just for the hell of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wanna sound chill and collected. But I just grinded my blood vials down to 2 trying to kill him.