Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
wurgh, I'm having trouble finding a specific image.

It may have been posted at some point in this or at least one of these threads, basically its a figure in one of those shy-guy masks with pink hair and pink clothes in like a circle, it looked to be some kind of doppleganger or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

starkebn posted:

Have a look through my Pinterest. I specifically avoid the t&a kind of girls.

Claims to avoid T&A, posts one that is completely topless. (third to last)

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Though they're very rarely wearing shirts, Rebecca Dart's barbarian women generally look like badasses:

The most covered one:

Her tumblr (nsfw for topless barbarians): https://r-dart.tumblr.com/

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

ConfusedUs posted:

Claims to avoid T&A, posts one that is completely topless. (third to last)

it's the intention that counts, that picture has nothing to do with making her look like a sex object

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Okay, so. You know when a fleet of ships all hook together, like this?

I'm picturing the airship equivalent; like, a bunch of flying ships docked with a flying resupply station kind of thing. I'm certain I could trip over this stuff if I knew what it's called when ships do this, but I do not. Can I get a hand? The first thing that came to mind was the Sky levels in Gauntlet Dark Legacy, but I can only find in-game screenshots and not concept art or anything that would show a whole zone or anything. Eberron-style airships would be best, but zeppelins and propellers would be fine. Bonus points if it's stormy? Thanks, dudes.

Heatwizard fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Dec 21, 2015

Mairn
Jan 6, 2011
I have two requests:

The images I need most: Humanoids in various states of mutation. They need to look mostly-humanoid.

Other images: Eldritch horrors/abominations.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

The entirety of Kill Six Billion Demons should help satisfy both requests.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Looking for pictures of rich or snobbish women, ideally with an elaborate looking weapon like a heavily-decorated dagger. I'll take just the former too if equipped ladies are too hard to find. Something that looks more like she's bored or inconvenienced rather than hungry for adventure ideally.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

I need masked angels along the lines of the Val'kyr from warcraft. Sorcerous or warrior in looks

Mairn
Jan 6, 2011

berenzen posted:

The entirety of Kill Six Billion Demons should help satisfy both requests.

I love this webcomic, but its not the sort of thing I am going for as far as mutants.

I found a decent example:

The artist (http://marko-djurdjevic.deviantart.com/) has really great art, but this is the only thing he has that fits.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Mairn posted:

I love this webcomic, but its not the sort of thing I am going for as far as mutants.

The artist (http://marko-djurdjevic.deviantart.com/) has really great art, but this is the only thing he has that fits.

check my last post in this thread

e: http://keiththompsonart.com/undead.html

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Please show me the most generic fantasy/medieval things you have. And I mean seriously generic. Stuff that barely looks different from each other.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I am looking for cool robotic ninjas/swordsmen/whatever else. Humanoid, but poo poo like blade legs, or whatever. Cyborgs can apply if they have no visible flesh, since I can just 'say' it's a robot.

If it has a semi feminine form that's a bonus, but honestly, it's a loving robot, not a robot for loving, appearance does not dictate voice settings.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Countblanc posted:

Looking for pictures of rich or snobbish women (...) that looks more like she's bored or inconvenienced

Mairn posted:

Humanoids in various states of mutation.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

KittyEmpress posted:

I am looking for cool robotic ninjas/swordsmen/whatever else. Humanoid, but poo poo like blade legs, or whatever. Cyborgs can apply if they have no visible flesh, since I can just 'say' it's a robot.

If it has a semi feminine form that's a bonus, but honestly, it's a loving robot, not a robot for loving, appearance does not dictate voice settings.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

winterwerefox posted:

I need masked angels along the lines of the Val'kyr from warcraft. Sorcerous or warrior in looks

Joy from Bayonetta

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Thanks for these. I was going to come in and ask for cyberninjas because I remembered a whole bunch of great ones being posted here over the past year. (And keep em coming if anybody has more!)

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Halloween Jack posted:

Thanks for these. I was going to come in and ask for cyberninjas because I remembered a whole bunch of great ones being posted here over the past year. (And keep em coming if anybody has more!)

I have some more that aren't quite as overtly robotic that I didn't post since the request was for robots, but if you're cool with cyberninjas then here you go.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Gonna use this one, it's awesome.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

KittyEmpress posted:

Gonna use this one, it's awesome.

My favorite detail about that one is how the hammers for the guns are built into her hands. Why do it that way? Who cares, it's cool.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

My favorite detail about that one is how the hammers for the guns are built into her hands. Why do it that way? Who cares, it's cool.

That's because it's Mesa from Warframes. She has two built in revolvers that flip into her hand as her high end active skill. Said skill was overpowered as poo poo when she was launched and a good build would be able to hold an entire defense map by herself with just that skill.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Tasoth posted:

That's because it's Mesa from Warframes. She has two built in revolvers that flip into her hand as her high end active skill. Said skill was overpowered as poo poo when she was launched and a good build would be able to hold an entire defense map by herself with just that skill.

It was extremely overpowered until earlier this year when they nerfed her ability to gain energy from other sources (Mag) and then nerfed further by changing the attack to just being a cone.

She's still the best designed Warframe next to Frost, who'll always have a place in my heart for being a Space Kung-fu Beetle Wizard.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm running a Werewolf: the Forsaken game in 19th Century Quebec on the frontier and am looking for really any visual inspiration along those lines: Lumberjacks, evil things in the forest, spectacular vistas and what have you. Even just your most 19th Century-est stuff to mine.

In return, have something decidedly different, from Simon Stålenhag's Things from the Flood series.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have no art resources for that but let me just say that a Werewolf game in 1800s Quebec is intensely my poo poo and I wish you good luck with it.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

I'm running a Werewolf: the Forsaken game in 19th Century Quebec on the frontier and am looking for really any visual inspiration along those lines: Lumberjacks, evil things in the forest, spectacular vistas and what have you. Even just your most 19th Century-est stuff to mine.

In return, have something decidedly different, from Simon Stålenhag's Things from the Flood series.

This stuff immediately made me think of Jakub Rozalski who does surreal and high fantasy stuff in the style of turn of the century Russian realists. He also did a ton of stuff for the board game Scythe, which may have some of the aesthetic you're looking for. Luckily though, he is also who I'd recommend for your particular needs. Check out all his stuff in the link above.

I'd also love to see more stuff like what Tricky Dick Nixon posted

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Mairn posted:

Anything from Degenesis is gonna be good. Game had a lot of great art put into it.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Is it just me or is there a lot of Geralt of Rivia in the last set?

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Josef bugman posted:

Is it just me or is there a lot of Geralt of Rivia in the last set?

I think he might have done work for the game. He's also Polish so I'm sure there's a far bit of :poland:.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah, those are explicity Witcher fan illustrations by Rozalski. The Witcher novels are kind of a Big Deal in Poland for modern fantasy.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I didn't know the witcher series at all, but I did notice the same protagonist in most of those. He also had a series of werewolves in pastoral scenes reminiscent of northern climes. He tends towards harsh lines in lupine figures that contrast with his hominid roundness.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
There is quite a lot of this that I can definitely mine for inspiration, thank you. Definitely looking along those lines in the environmental sense, though would like to see more stuff about the frontier, Weird West, settlers and lumberjacks if I can find it.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

I absolutely love this one. I'm GMing a Star Wars EOTE game for some friends in a couple weeks and this makes me want to throw everything I have out and make the first adventure on a space-werewolf-infested snow planet.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Moose King posted:

I absolutely love this one. I'm GMing a Star Wars EOTE game for some friends in a couple weeks and this makes me want to throw everything I have out and make the first adventure on a space-werewolf-infested snow planet.

Perhaps the werewolves themselves are are NPCs they interact with, or high ranking members of the community? Perhaps there's an outside influence? Maybe a dark one, and the community relies on the werewolves as a twisted form of protection? Maybe the loss of an innocent every so often is worth freedom from an outside oppressor.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Moose King posted:

Bothans. Sith-corrupted Bothans.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I've got a request. I'm thinking up a pair of characters based on the legend of Wing Chun Kung Fu -- that of Ng Mui and Yim Wing Chun. Pictures of Shaolin monks/nuns/bhikkhuni are easy enough to find, mainly I'm looking for period clothing for that era of late 1600s China (early Qin dynasty). Most of what I can find are formal clothing, or clothing worn by nobles, but I'm having a hard time on what normal people wore day-to-day. Also excuse to post more Kung Fu ladies, but preference given to Wing Chun style.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Halfling Swashbuckler / Pirate / Duelist types?

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

darnon posted:

The Witcher novels are kind of a Big Deal in Poland for modern fantasy.

They're extremely good, even in translation.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ButtWolf posted:

Halfling Swashbuckler / Pirate / Duelist types?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

YF19pilot posted:

I've got a request. I'm thinking up a pair of characters based on the legend of Wing Chun Kung Fu -- that of Ng Mui and Yim Wing Chun. Pictures of Shaolin monks/nuns/bhikkhuni are easy enough to find, mainly I'm looking for period clothing for that era of late 1600s China (early Qin dynasty). Most of what I can find are formal clothing, or clothing worn by nobles, but I'm having a hard time on what normal people wore day-to-day. Also excuse to post more Kung Fu ladies, but preference given to Wing Chun style.

You could go the easy route and just nick a screenshot from Wing Chun itself:

36th Chamber of Shaolin is set around the early Qing dynasty too. Of course, how many fucks the costume department of either movie gave about historical accuracy is another question, but if they were willing to say 'close enough' I reckon you can too.