Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Kimahri is actually pretty cool cause he doesn't give two shits about this religious nonsense he just wants to protect his adopted daught and is the first dude to follow Tidus in and with no hesitation breaks church rules and poo poo to help him. Plus he just loving stabs seymour while he's talking because gently caress wasting time.

Quina is rad as heck and Strago is pretty cool as well. They're kind of the only blue mage characters and that 3/4 who are cool and good.

kimahri gets better but still he sucks

quina is dumb and for some reason I always take gau as 6's blue mage and also gently caress gau. Strago is fine tho (although me forgetting about him says something) and Quistis sucks like everyone else in 8 but she's a hot teacher so we give her a pass. I don't even know if there's another blue mage I'm forgetting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't even remember who strago is

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Baal posted:

I don't even remember who strago is

Relm's Grandpa.

Dias posted:

kimahri gets better but still he sucks

quina is dumb and for some reason I always take gau as 6's blue mage and also gently caress gau. Strago is fine tho (although me forgetting about him says something) and Quistis sucks like everyone else in 8 but she's a hot teacher so we give her a pass. I don't even know if there's another blue mage I'm forgetting.

Gau's also cool and powerful and just wrecks poo poo left and right.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I barely remember Relm either, a lot of VI's later cast members just blend together for me unless it's the Yeti.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Baal posted:

I barely remember Relm either, a lot of VI's later cast members just blend together for me unless it's the Yeti.

Tbf a lot of VI's later everything kind of just fall apart because most of it is optional so there's almost no character interaction once you get the Falcon.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Hey Matt. Next time you record and run into one of those Bomb enemies in FFX have Kimarhi use Lancet on it. It's very important.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm catching up with Bloodborne (on Vessel) because I was back in a city where I had a fuckin' 150mbps internet connection what the gently caress for Xmas and I just wanna say OH MY GOD LADY MARIA

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wiseblood posted:

Hey Matt. Next time you record and run into one of those Bomb enemies in FFX have Kimarhi use Lancet on it. It's very important.

Woolie would would probably not be as on board with this as the T40s were

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Wiseblood posted:

Is this a 'sacrifice your teammates for more X' joke? Because I am down with that.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Woolie pulling a Pat with that whole "I gotta tell Wakka!" scene by having an outburst at a line, missing the next few lines which make it make sense.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh I thought the whole Sin=Jecht thing wasn't revealed until way later. Though I guess I do vaguely remember Tidus talking about it during Operation Mihen so it couldn't be but so far in.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dear Matt,

Have you watched any new anime/read new manga recently? (Like Tokyo Ghoul or Madoka or Monogatari) If you have, could you please share your experiences with us?

Also keep it up with FFX! Your LP is making the game bearable!

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015

TriffTshngo posted:

Woolie pulling a Pat with that whole "I gotta tell Wakka!" scene by having an outburst at a line, missing the next few lines which make it make sense.

He also earlier missed that Titus told Yuna his dad was Jecht, and that was why she started talking about her dad's guardian Jecht, and complained that Titus didn't mention that his dad's name was Jecht, so I think we're in for like 30 hours of this happening.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"Everywhere it's poo poo because Sin can and will wreck everything at random, but this city has a stadium, so the protectors of humanity actually do their job for it."

I kinda immediately thought of how cool it'd be if instead of Bleetzball it was wrestling and that basically you have to move to the WWE city from Scooby Doo Wrestlemania Mystery if you want any chance of not dying horribly during a random Sin attack. You wake up one morning and see Undertaker tombstone a Sin tentacle so it runs away.

Oh man these suckerpunches. Never cared for FF but this LP is really grabbing me

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 29, 2015

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Clearly the fire on top of the Blitz Ball arena is powered by the dessicated husks of dead Chocobos

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I watched the Rodea gameplay and felt sad knowing that if I wanted to try it out now I'd have to settle for that dogshit version. How unfortunate.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
FFX is quickly becoming my favorite LP. I can't wait to see Coolio singing Gangsta's Paradise to Sora.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I watched the Rodea gameplay and felt sad knowing that if I wanted to try it out now I'd have to settle for that dogshit version. How unfortunate.

Well, there's always more nefarious ways of being able to play the Wii version if you can be assed to do so.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

crossquote from the Wii U thread

noirstronaut posted:

A store that's owned by the same owner of the store I work in has like a million copies of Rodea. It was projected to sell to collector's because it seemed destined to fail and then never be printed again but initial copies never sold.

Who knows, maybe in a few months you'll be able to easily find the Wii version by itself on gamestop.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh man these suckerpunches. Never cared for FF but this LP is really grabbing me

Yenke and Biran are great because they're just schoolyard bullies who also happen to be giant cat monster people.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhXKFXluuq0

Hot Potato: the only fun you'll get out of the Steam Controller

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Woolie is reading Naruto, he, Liam and Pat want to do a full LP of Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I don't think it's actually hard to find. Every copy is a first-print copy; there are plenty still on shelves and I'd be shocked if they even do a second run.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 29, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Woolie is reading Naruto, he, Liam and Pat want to do a full LP of Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

Naruto instead of one piece, truly Woolie is the king of bad opinions

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Not that Woolie's opinions aren't bad but One Piece is hardly a position to get all snobby from

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
One piece is very good with maybe a couple questionable quality arcs. Naruto was good for a short time and then was bad

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

But Boruto is pretty good. Not "Rock Lee drops the weights" good, but still an enjoyable animu movie.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I watched The Last for Hinata, and with that the last of the Naruto juice was purged from me, nobody will trick me into watching loving Boruto

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rodyle posted:

I watched The Last for Hinata, and with that the last of the Naruto juice was purged from me, nobody will trick me into watching loving Boruto

Dude. DUDE. I was right there, in that exact position, thinking to myself "thank god Naruto is over and I don't need to care anymore. ...oh the movie is there and it's all about Naruto and Hinata getting together..." and the second half of the second act was the most nothing boring twenty minutes of my life, but man, Boruto is legit.

The best comparison between those two I can give is that for The Last Kishimoto told the team to include a scarf subplot thing and did designs around the scarf because that's what his wife did when they were dating and that's boring and means nothing, for Boruto you can feel how some of Boruto's lines to Naruto were totally poo poo his son had actually told him and it's awesome, it's a story based on something legit and interesting, it's not high art but it's an actually well executed thing. If only watch it to see the sheer hatred Kishimoto's son has towards him and how the ending feels like the season 4 finale to Always Sunny with Kishi being Charlie trying to get his son's love via a play.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Dec 29, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Midget you should read one piece imo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
boruto is named loving boruto

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That's part of the appeal, Boruto is named loving Boruto... and it's still several times better than the last decade or so of Naruto.

Captain Invictus posted:

Midget you should read one piece imo.

I read it for a while, stopped just before stuff got super good again (Luffy's childhood friend showing up again, like i'm at that point where Luffy's disguised as an old man and beating on that tournament) and now that I know I stopped at the worst time to stop I got it ready in my bookmark, one of these days I'll hop in and binge it and have an actual legit good time. Until then I'm sorta excited for the Boruto manga because I can't escape this hell I pushed myself into.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

LET'S loving DO IT

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
NARUTO ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 4 LP

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
WE DO IT!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Everything I know about Boruto indicates that it's just a Part 1 movie, which I don't want to watch.

Mitsuki's thing is impressively weird, I'll grant.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That's part of the appeal, Boruto is named loving Boruto... and it's still several times better than the last decade or so of Naruto.

But why not a manga which is just good and not surpassing a low bar. Kakukaku Shikajika for example. Or Vinland Saga (MATT: READ THIS FOR VIKINGS).

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You're way off.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just the thought of Woolie sitting there going "Yo dog this nine tails poo poo is actually pretty cool" is stupid enough to keep me laughing for years, I think it might have the possibility to top aggressive desire for child murder from Ultra Despair Girls and possibly every day life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rodyle posted:

Everything I know about Boruto indicates that it's just a Part 1 movie, which I don't want to watch.

Mitsuki's thing is impressively weird, I'll grant.

It's a full story of Boruto learning the meaning of hard work and Naruto learning the meaning of being a lovely dad, I mean it's open ended enough that the manga can pick up from there and the aliens could keep attacking earth but it doesn't feel like "and now this was meaningless, watch the next bit for actual conclusions!!!" If Boruto follows his father's puckered assholesteps and shits the bed it doesn't make the movie bad retroactively, it's still a pretty solid self contained thing.

TheRealestMatt posted:

You're way off.

Was just joking around since Pat opened trying to make it look like Woolie did get back into it, my unironic recommending of Boruto buried the joke tho. :sweatdrop:

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 29, 2015