Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

artsy fartsy posted:

Why does anybody wrap anything when gift bags exist!

Easy, attractive and they come with built-in handles.

Whenever I receive a gift in a bag I tear it up so that no one else can reuse it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My GF is making sweet potatoes and its going to be 4 more hours before we eat. All I can do is play vijja gaymes.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

artsy fartsy posted:

Why does anybody wrap anything when gift bags exist!

Easy, attractive and they come with built-in handles.

Hard to find a gift bag for a portable seat massager. Fucker's big.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My 8 year old nephew, who got a Xbox or PS4 for Xmas, got a huge stuffed Olaf from me. According to my dad, he has carried that thing around EVERYWHERE today and loving loves it. I almost didn't give him one because I thought he was too 'grown up' for a huge Olaf. Which makes me think that all the grief I had about giving another to a friend's kid was for nothing, because I'm sure even a 5 year old who hated Frozen would love a stuffed snowman as big as him. Ah well, he got K'Nex instead.

I didn't get to see any cool pictures on Facebook from my other niece and nephews about their gifts.

I have to take my 1999 Nissan Altima in to the shop tomorrow because the Check Engine light came on, and I am scared shitless the repair will be more than the car is worth, and I have emissions due next April.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm cleaning out my house and throwing away old junk, and there's some stuff I don't want but is probably worth something, and also cost a decent amount to begin with, so I don't want to just throw them out, but I also don't feel like going through the effort of selling them online.

I went to some extended family Christmas dinner because it's free food but I don't know anyone and am awkward because I'm a goony goon, so I'm sitting here on SA.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
It's been perfectly sunny or slightly cloudy for the last several weeks, and as a consequence the air is dry as gently caress and full of pollution. I can't believe I'm saying this, but just loving rain already!!!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Damnation. Monoprice has a 15% off coupon but it doesn't work on the 3d printer that it makes affordable to me. Site wide, my hairy rear end.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

I purchased Fallout 4 finally via the Xbox Smartglass app in hopes that the download would start hours before I got home.

The download did not start. Now I can't play my new game tonight.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Someone who ordered more than me after me at a fast food restaurant got their food before me. :saddowns:

E: VVV Hate to spoil your fun, but it's Boxing Day here, unless you mean Xmas season. :v:

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 10:00 on Dec 26, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

AlphaKretin posted:

Someone who ordered more than me after me at a fast food restaurant got their food before me. :saddowns:

Xmas post of the year.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Inzombiac posted:

Xmas post of the year.

hey check out the non mainland chinese guy, not eating KFC on christmas day like a pagan

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

hey check out the non mainland chinese guy, not eating KFC on christmas day like a pagan

You said a lot of confusing words so I had my houseboy translate it for me because I think he's Malaysian, which is close enough. He told me it means, "Sir, you are most handsome and wise. You're generosity is legend and your sexual prowess is that of a god."

So, thanks!

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
My husband is out of town tonight into tomorrow so I can order dinner from a restaurant he doesn't like. They were out of Mac and Cheese. I got my money back but I would have ordered from a different restaurant he doesn't like, I only ordered because I could get Mac and Cheese from this specific place. :(

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Inzombiac posted:

You said a lot of confusing words so I had my houseboy translate it for me because I think he's Malaysian, which is close enough. He told me it means, "Sir, you are most handsome and wise. You're generosity is legend and your sexual prowess is that of a god."

So, thanks!

thats basically it.

also because of some marketing campaign in the 80's KFC is like a traditional christmas dinner in japan or china. cant remember which but china is funnier imo

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I keep accidentally trying to plug my headphones into the USB port

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

thats basically it.

also because of some marketing campaign in the 80's KFC is like a traditional christmas dinner in japan or china. cant remember which but china is funnier imo

I'm assuming KFC is one of your "fast food" "chains". Abernathy, my digital media servant, tells me it serves chicken that has fat added to it and served in an upturned top hat. Ha ha. Whatever keeps the rabble happy, eh?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Inzombiac posted:

I'm assuming KFC is one of your "fast food" "chains". Abernathy, my digital media servant, tells me it serves chicken that has fat added to it and served in an upturned top hat. Ha ha. Whatever keeps the rabble happy, eh?

lol what planet are u from??

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

thats basically it.

It's Japan.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

cyberia posted:

It's Japan.

True story, Japnese KFC tastes loving amazing.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

lol what planet are u from??

Check his post history in this thread. :)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

A couple years ago my parents got me a nice pair of winter gloves for Christmas. They were great! Super warm. I worked at Walmart at the time and I would spend large swaths of time organizing poo poo in their freezers so I started wearing the gloves while I worked because why not? Get some use out of them. I always left my gloves in the same employee area whenever I wasn't using them. One day they went missing. I can only guess they got stolen because lord knows it'd be hard for me to misplace them where I left them. Never told my parents because whatever. Went gloveless for a couple years.

This year I flew home for Christmas. To my surprise they probably forgot they ever got me those gloves in the first place because they got me another pair! Hell yeah!

I just flew home today and realized I forgot them on the loving plane and I'm beyond upset with myself. :negative:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I don't want to go in to work today but I'm bored at home. Work it is!

I went to get the Check Engine Light checked out and the mechanic didn't open on time.

I really miss walking out in the house, flicking on the Xmas lights, and having the living room with these small bright flashing lights. Maybe I need to go pick up some Xmas lights on clearance now to tacky up the room again.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I got a large amount of money in a cheque from my grandmother for Christmas. My mother said she'd put it somewhere safe and now she's lost it.

I know it can be cancelled and reissued if we don't find it but I was going to cash it tomorrow. Now I've got deal with arguments and watch them unpack every bag.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

My dad's band is practicing in the next room, and they're using the PA to pretend they're sports announcers.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Drum posted:

My dad's band is practicing in the next room, and they're using the PA to pretend they're sports announcers.

Your dad sounds cool, buy him a new years beer.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Kaubocks posted:

A couple years ago my parents got me a nice pair of winter gloves for Christmas. They were great! Super warm. I worked at Walmart at the time and I would spend large swaths of time organizing poo poo in their freezers so I started wearing the gloves while I worked because why not? Get some use out of them. I always left my gloves in the same employee area whenever I wasn't using them. One day they went missing. I can only guess they got stolen because lord knows it'd be hard for me to misplace them where I left them. Never told my parents because whatever. Went gloveless for a couple years.

This year I flew home for Christmas. To my surprise they probably forgot they ever got me those gloves in the first place because they got me another pair! Hell yeah!

I just flew home today and realized I forgot them on the loving plane and I'm beyond upset with myself. :negative:

At my old job we worked in the freezer and would have to use a scanner (telxon or w/e) to scan each and everything thing in and out, maybe you had to do the same thing. It was a huge pain in the rear end using the bulky gloves to push the tiny buttons so we asked the manager if we could look into getting some better gloves more suited to it and they replied, "can't you just cut the fingertips off of the ones we have?"

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I want an energy drink but there's none in the fridge and I can't be hosed driving to get some.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The ancient medallion that keeps me young and brilliant turned out to be worth slightly less than initially appraised.

I'm not selling it, of course. The dealer had brought the cash and when I opened it after slaying him there was not as much as I was expecting.
His jeweled watch and studded doublet should make up the difference but that means dealing with another dealer.

Next time I am sending Abernathy if his swordsman skills ever improve.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Drum posted:

The old man that lives downstairs from me has been practicing the Banjo since right after I moved in a year and a half ago. He's no better than when he started and has yet to learn a tune, but I'll be damned if he hasn't put in the hours each week trying.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This new podcast I'm listening to (This Was Rad) doesn't have all the episodes in my podcast app. So I load their page, and they are there, but they are so quiet that I have to up the volume up. Which makes playing anything else while doing it impossible.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

MisterBibs posted:

I can't find my inhaler and I'm having a just-enough-to-notice asthma attack.

That is the worst. I hide the ones with just a squirt everywhere and still do the freak out tear apart my place every time like I was looking for a lost crack rock. Good luck goon. I'll squirt one on my phone for ya.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
All I got for Christmas was a ticket to California instead of toys I didn't need or want.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The next time Clarence or Abernathy drives me to my "state-appointed" "therapist" I will be sure to slip him a few extra gold pieces so that he agrees that my narcissism is just good natured hubris.

We wouldn't want the walls of my mind fortress to start falling into disrepair, now would we?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Choco1980 posted:

The old man that lives downstairs from me has been practicing the Banjo since right after I moved in a year and a half ago. He's no better than when he started and has yet to learn a tune, but I'll be damned if he hasn't put in the hours each week trying.

Someone in my building or the one right next to it plays the clarinet with similar results. Occasionally one of my neighbours yells some harsh critique out of her window, but that does not seem to discourage him.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I want to order take-out but the fridge is full of Christmas leftovers.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am out of Klondike oreo bars :smith:

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I am out of Klondike oreo bars :smith:

I didn't know Klondike oreo bars existed :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just found out that Chocotacos are still being made but it's too cold to eat them.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Turns out that noise I heard while driving around last night was someone scoring a hit on one of my back windows with an egg, couldn't see the bits of eggshell in the dark so didn't figure it out until today. I think some of the yolk has dripped inside of the door, so now my car smells pretty rank and I'm not sure if I can do much about it.

Guess I shouldn't be too surprised though, I was driving through the same degenerate neighborhood that used to have this as a local landmark.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm at work and bored as poo poo, but don't want to ask for new work because I don't want to actually work either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

bradzilla posted:

I'm at work and bored as poo poo, but don't want to ask for new work because I don't want to actually work either.

This is also my problem since I have off the next two days.