Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Shoenin posted:

just last event actually

Man, that's a while to wait. He's my most used character besides Cloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Finally 100% done with VoM. Mastered Omega by switching over to Advantaliate. In case anyone is still wondering, Advantaliate is much easier than non-Advantaliate for taking down Omega. I did have Sazh with Boon, but I honestly don't think it made much difference. The key was using Advantaliate + Ricard's RM1 and giving Stop to Selphie/Aerith. The party was:

Lv. 72 Cloud - Retaliate + Armor Break + Dragoon's Determination + Braver SB (irrelevant, not sure if I even used it)
Lv. 62 Selphie - Tempo Flurry + R5 Stop + Auto-Reflect RM
Lv. 56 Wakka - Double Cut + Full Break R1 + Status Reels SB (used the SB once but it wasn't relevant)
Lv. 65 Aerith - Reflect + R5 Stop
Lv. 58 Sazh - Double Cut + Esuna + Dr. Mog's RM + Boon SB (used once early in the battle, may have helped but wasn't a huge factor)

The extra Stop duration from having high MND makes a massive difference, it's just enough to close the window so Omega doesn't get a chance to act. You still have to get lucky with actually landing it, but there is more margin for error.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Augus posted:

Man, that's a while to wait. He's my most used character besides Cloud.

Actually he meant you JUST missed it. It was the event right before the Vale of Memories, so it ended like a week ago. You probably won't be able to get his MC2 again until the Hall of Rites and blank MCs become a common thing. Apparently that happened around the year anniversary in Japan, which for Global is like March.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 29, 2015

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So details of the Serah event in JP:

-Lightning gets her Dress Record and BSSB.
-Sazh gets his MC2 and SSB. SSB is Protectga + Strong Regen + MAG boost.
-Snow gets his MC2 and SSB. SSB is 4 Ice AoE hits and party +DEF.
-Serah gets SB and SSB weapons. Her SB is interesting in that it has an effect which reduces the casting time of spells. Her abilities aren't known yet but she has Black 5 at the very least.
-Fang gets her MC2 and a new SB weapon. Nothing too fancy about it.

Since Serah is getting her MC2, this means the entire roster for that realm now has a MC2, making it the first complete realm as of writing, if one doesn't count FFI.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 29, 2015

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

ApplesandOranges posted:

Since Serah is getting her MC2, this means the entire roster for that realm now has a MC2, making it the first complete realm as of writing.

If you're going to count Serah, we're still missing Noel..

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'd saved up 50 Mythril for banner 4 of the SSB Fest and the results were... interesting.

Got only two 5*s out of the deal. The first was a Viking's Coat which is cool since 5* armor is always nice to have around. The second was... a Gold Barrette. The odds of getting something not even on the banner are low and I get a character relic on those odds. It's not Lunatic High so it's at least somewhat a disappointment but having a relic for Red XIII at all is a pretty kickass boon so I'll call it a win. Was hoping for a Rune Axe or Lullaby Rod but I'll take this weirdass curveball.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Varance posted:

If you're going to count Serah, we're still missing Noel..

'Complete' as in, once the MC2s are out, every character that currently has a realm synergy for XIII has a MC2. Noel will probably come out eventually, yes.

Characters that will still be missing MC2s after the Serah event:

FFII: Gordon, Josef, Leila, Ricard
FFIII: Desch
FFIV: Edge, Edward, Kain, Fusoya, Golbez, Rosa, Tellah
FFV: Krile, Exdeath
FFVI: Sabin, Edgar, Cyan, Mog, Setzer, Strago, Gau
FFVII: Cait Sith, Cid, Barret
FFVIII: Irvine, Seifer
FFIX: Amarant, Freya, Quina
FFX: Jecht, Kimahri, Rikku
FFXII: Ashe, Basch

Obviously not including Cores. Gau is the only non-Core character who doesn't even have a MC1 yet.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!
When you think about it, we're really not THAT far off from Japan at this point since the UI update hit. We're what, 5 or 6 DUs behind (and at this rate we'll probably catch up by March or April), and event wise things are starting to speed up too.

I'd say by the end of next year we may very well be completely synced with JP.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Schwartzcough posted:

Actually he meant you JUST missed it. It was the event right before the Vale of Memories, so it ended like a week ago. You probably won't be able to get his MC2 again until the Hall of Rites and blank MCs become a common thing. Apparently that happened around the year anniversary in Japan, which for Global is like March.

Wait, why wasn't his crystal in the recollection event then?
I feel cheated :(

On the other hand, I got a 5* from a 3-pull!
...It was a flametongue. With no Soul Break. :geno:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mingus Dew posted:

When you think about it, we're really not THAT far off from Japan at this point since the UI update hit. We're what, 5 or 6 DUs behind (and at this rate we'll probably catch up by March or April), and event wise things are starting to speed up too.

I'd say by the end of next year we may very well be completely synced with JP.

This'd probably be the best thing for DeNA's customer support since then they'd stop getting people bitching about things Japan got that we didn't, and then we'd stop getting bullshit non-explanations that the two games are "completely separate" (an actual thing Redditors have gotten in reply to bitching about Edward/Firion/Ingus's MCs).

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

ApplesandOranges posted:

So details of the Serah event in JP:

-Lightning gets her Dress Record and BSSB.
-Sazh gets his MC2 and SSB. SSB is Protectga + Strong Regen + MAG boost.
-Snow gets his MC2 and SSB. SSB is 4 Ice AoE hits and party +DEF.
-Serah gets SB and SSB weapons. Her SB is interesting in that it has an effect which reduces the casting time of spells. Her abilities aren't known yet but she has Black 5 at the very least.
-Fang gets her MC2 and a new SB weapon. Nothing too fancy about it.

Since Serah is getting her MC2, this means the entire roster for that realm now has a MC2, making it the first complete realm as of writing, if one doesn't count FFI.

To add to that, Lightning's BSSB is 7 single target hits; burst 1 is 4 hits + dismissal effect, burst 2 is 2 AOE hits + slow. Fang's new SB is 3 AOE hits + AOE def/res breakdown. Serah's SSB is 5 AOE hits + slow (more like super boring).

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Augus posted:

FF5 Flametongue scales really well with Realm Synergy, if it's that one. Good weapon for that realm.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zone of Danger posted:

FF5 Flametongue scales really well with Realm Synergy, if it's that one. Good weapon for that realm.

Yeah, at least I can say that I have a totally unreasonable supply of FFV realm synergy now.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Huh, got Tyro's LJG.

Wish I'd taken some spins for the SG now, unsure how much I'll use him even with this book.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

This'd probably be the best thing for DeNA's customer support since then they'd stop getting people bitching about things Japan got that we didn't, and then we'd stop getting bullshit non-explanations that the two games are "completely separate" (an actual thing Redditors have gotten in reply to bitching about Edward/Firion/Ingus's MCs).

That still wouldn't help. Most of the deviation between Global and Japan is from crossover events with Japan-only mobile games, which we still would not get here even if the two versions were pretty much synced up. With missing abilities, they've just made random ones available for crafting at random points, but they don't seem to have worked out how to give Global important things like memory crystals or unique SB equipment.

Augus posted:

Because the Sephiroth event slightly overlapped the VoM event, and they wanted to make people do the Sephiroth event rather than just getting his MC2 from the VoM.

Also, that sword boosts fire damage. Element-boosting gear is really powerful, and I wish I had some.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Augus posted:

Because the events were running literally at the same time for a few days. No real point having a special event for the MC2, when the actual event is still running.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Woah, new year's countdown campaign! Looks like we'll receive at least 1 Mythril, 1 of each type of Greater Orb, and growth eggs several times a day from the 29th through the 31st.

Total: 10 mythril, 6 of each kind of Greater Orb, 20 growth eggs, 15 Greater Growth Eggs, and 5 Major growth eggs. Cha-ching!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
New Year's Eve countdown event!
Get a total of 10 Mythril, 6 of every Greater Orb, 30 Growth Eggs, 15 Greater Growth Eggs, 5 Major Growth Eggs.

All you have to do is log in the next couple of days. Final (and biggest) bonus is only up from 9pm to midnight on new year's eve, so make sure to log in then!

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
If I'm reading the description right, if you log on 9PM-midnight PST on New Years you can just do all of the collection at once?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mo0 posted:

If I'm reading the description right, if you log on 9PM-midnight PST on New Years you can just do all of the collection at once?

That is an incredibly confusing description, especially since there are apparently multiple packages for the same time frame. I'm not quite sure what the hell is going on.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Never not log in.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

How decent is FFV Banner Part Deux?

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Beasteh posted:

Kaiser Knuckles at least make for a funny RW. Sage's Staff is "Lullaby Rod: FFV Edition". Brave Blade is solid. Kotetsu is solid.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Beasteh posted:

Pretty good, really.

Lennas staff is one of the better healing SB's we have available., Bartz sword is also rather strong for damage and buffs. Gilgamesh katana is a bit meh being mostly just damage, but it's still a weapon for an excellent character. Galufs fists are the weakest character relic, since they're mostly good for RW use.

Shared relics aren't half bad either. There's AoE healing and +Earth damage in the robes, helmet with protetga (helmets are good overall!) and a +Ice dmage sword. All of those are pretty reasonable and good. Rest is pretty meh stuff, Mag rod with fire damage, and a plain light armor.

I'd say it's not a massive priority, but the overall relic quality is very solid, especially if you lack FFV synergy.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
After mulling it over, I decided not to pull on phase 5. I already have the Shear Trigger, Lightning Steel and Morning Star. The two SSBs are fantastic (especially since I have no natural 5*s for IV), and a SB weapon for Rinoa would be great. But the chance of duplicates, lackluster shared SB weapons and Edward no longer getting a MC1 is steering me away.

I might use that mythril on Fang 2 instead. I still have no 5* guns or spears, and even if I fail to get one I can just crack down and grab the Ras Algethi (or Valkyrie if I still want to use Rinoa) from the beginner selection. Sazh getting his MC2 six months from now might breathe some life back in him again, too. My XIII synergy is kind of lacking anyway, since I just have the Blazefire Saber and a Healing Staff+.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

After mulling it over, I decided not to pull on phase 5. I already have the Shear Trigger, Lightning Steel and Morning Star. The two SSBs are fantastic (especially since I have no natural 5*s for IV), and a SB weapon for Rinoa would be great. But the chance of duplicates, lackluster shared SB weapons and Edward no longer getting a MC1 is steering me away.

Makes sense, though at this point I'm starting to not worry about duplicates. I have enough 5* weapons that making a 6*+ every now and then doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Here's a fun fact:

Advance can be dispelled, as I found out quite painfully from Exdeath. Advantaliated down to his angry state, then he dispelled my protect/shell and proceeded to wreck cloud with two 3k+ thundagas.

Eat poo poo.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Decided to 3 pull for FF5 gear, got 3 3* items. :geno:

Mingus Dew posted:

Here's a fun fact:

Advance can be dispelled, as I found out quite painfully from Exdeath. Advantaliated down to his angry state, then he dispelled my protect/shell and proceeded to wreck cloud with two 3k+ thundagas.

Eat poo poo.

If you happen to have a 5* FF5 weapon for Butz you can give him Steal Power and Drain Strike and he'll do terrible things to Exdeath. You sure your timing wasn't just unlucky though? Pretty sure Advance and SS2/SG type abilities can't be dispelled.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Decided to 3 pull for FF5 gear, got 3 3* items. :geno:

If you happen to have a 5* FF5 weapon for Butz you can give him Steal Power and Drain Strike and he'll do terrible things to Exdeath. You sure your timing wasn't just unlucky though? Pretty sure Advance and SS2/SG type abilities can't be dispelled.

It's certainly possible. Having that fight turn around on me so quickly was pretty drat infuriating, either way.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Mo0 posted:

Yes, this appears to be correct. Also (as you said) times are in PST so I'll have to login after 11 PM CST on NYE to get the final bonus. Hopefully our European friends can set an alarm early on New Year's Day, login quick, then go back to sleeping off the hangover.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Here's a fun fact: I forget which, but one of the 4* FFV axes has one more point of Attack at 25/25 than the Air Knife V at 20/20 under synergy.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

AweStriker posted:

Here's a fun fact: I forget which, but one of the 4* FFV axes has one more point of Attack at 25/25 than the Air Knife V at 20/20 under synergy.

That would be the Giant's Axe.

It's distressingly good for a 4* and is pretty much stapled to Gilgamesh's grubby gauntlets at all times in FF5 stages.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Been getting error 1014 since late last night, assumed it was DeNA having issues but perhaps it's me.

I backed up to their servers or whatever months ago, so I'm safe to re-install without doig anythig special ya?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Benthalus posted:

Yes, this appears to be correct. Also (as you said) times are in PST so I'll have to login after 11 PM CST on NYE to get the final bonus. Hopefully our European friends can set an alarm early on New Year's Day, login quick, then go back to sleeping off the hangover.

I'm on the east coast. "Hold that new years kiss honey, I have to log into FFRK!"

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

kalensc posted:

Been getting error 1014 since late last night, assumed it was DeNA having issues but perhaps it's me.

I backed up to their servers or whatever months ago, so I'm safe to re-install without doig anythig special ya?

To follow up on myself, Error 1014 pops up within 3 seconds of launching the app and then it spins on the loading screen forever, so I can't access the menu to back-up the game again. Tried home wi-fi, personal data plan, and now work wi-fi and no luck.

I backed up very early on and then again a few months ago, but I wasn't sure if there was a way to be certain it had backed up (like a website or something) before I re-installed. Can anyone confirm if I should try something else prior to re-installing?

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Common wisdom is that Odin is a better investment than Bahamut, right?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Finally got Omega down (with Mastery!) thanks to Advantaliate. Whiffed my last three stops in a row but managed to kill him before he blew up my entire party.

I can't believe I wasted a whole day trying to kill him with mages and spellblades.

Edit: And then as a reward to myself I spent 5 mythril on the SSB banner even though I said I was going to save it all for FFT and pulled out Tyro's SSB Grimoire, which now puts me at 3 5*s in the last 5 single pulls.

Aerox fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Dec 29, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Aerox posted:

Edit: And then as a reward to myself I spent 5 mythril on the SSB banner even though I said I was going to save it all for FFT and pulled out Tyro's SSB Grimoire, which now puts me at 3 5*s in the last 5 single pulls.

We're still a ways out from the FFT event, are you trying to save for 3-4 11 pulls?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Kaninrail posted:

Common wisdom is that Odin is a better investment than Bahamut, right?

Not anymore. In a couple months time Bahamut (and summons in general) get a huge buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I'm trying Omega, and I doubt I will beat him in time. Flash might as well be instant death, since dead characters are more useful than blinded characters.

Is there any way to actually counter it?

• Locked thread