Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I love the Brooks. They beat the McMahons and the McMahons are still pissed about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Screencaps please

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

oatgan posted:

lol the artist tried to freehand a hexagon

Anyone who has ever taken organic chemistry knows how hard it is to draw one of those motherfuckers.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Memento posted:

Anyone who has ever taken organic chemistry knows how hard it is to draw one of those motherfuckers.

Fuckin' Benzine...

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Gonzo McFee posted:

I love the Brooks. They beat the McMahons and the McMahons are still pissed about it.

I feel like if all things were equal Punk would rather have "Wrestlemania Main Eventer" on his resume, and if he stuck around it probably would have happened eventually. So we can call this a loss by submission.

And Nikki Bella is now the longest-reigning Diva's champ of all time, and doesn't have a tattoo on her neck.

McMahon: 2
Brooks: 0 :colbert:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

CM Punk made the WWE so mad they made a 5 minute long jfk conspiracy video of slow motion zoom ins on his arse, which they put up on their youtube.

The Brooks won by a shut out.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
AJ also took Stephanie to task over gender pay inequality on twitter which was hilarious.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Of course they won

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I have a feeling Stephanie, aka the person who fired a writer THREE times from a position because he didn't give a gently caress, is going to hold that grudge for a long time.

Meanwhile, Punk and AJ can just keep going to Blackhawk games and not give a drat.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CobiWann posted:

I have a feeling Stephanie, aka the person who fired a writer THREE times from a position because he didn't give a gently caress, is going to hold that grudge for a long time.

Not to mention it had to annoy Triple H, who just succeeded in smoothing over relationships with every big name that Vince pissed off. He completed his action figure collection and now his Punk figure has gone missing.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

God, I'd love it if CM Punk just randomly showed up at NXT to wrestle Samoa Joe and Balor.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
In a world where Bret Hart has appeared on Raw in the 21st century it's not only possible it's actually IMPOSSIBLE that CM Punk won't wrestle in WWE again.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what if he dies tomorrow

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
CM Punk is never coming back you dorks

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cm punk will come back a mega baby face, rip his shirt and tell kids to eat their vitamins

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

epitasis posted:

what if he dies tomorrow

That'll just make it even more likely.

smark posted:

Bret Hart/Sting/Hulk Hogan/Ric Flair/Shawn Michaels is never coming back you dorks

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MacDougall posted:

When did people think Flair wasn't coming back?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

MacDougall posted:

please don't use the s- slur here

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MassRafTer posted:

Probably for about three seconds after he said he wouldn't on the last Nitro, but then they realised that as long as he was being paid and had creditors and ex-wives to contend with, he'd turn up anywhere the money was right.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Good to know that Cody has no inclination to stop being the least valuable member on the entire active roster.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

That seems less about being committed to a character and more about not taking into consideration what some rando mark thinks his dead dad would have wanted

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good to know random wrestling fan thinks it's okay to just invoke the name of a dude's father because he wants a certain match. Who the hell does he think he is, Vince?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I like to think matt roley is a lazy mick foley alt

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Stardust vs Goldust is a better match by a mile because you know the build would be loving insane. Stardust is the modern day Goldust. You just trade the Attitude era sexuality with the PG era super heroics.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Die Laughing posted:

Stardust vs Goldust is a better match by a mile because you know the build would be loving insane. Stardust is the modern day Goldust. You just trade the Attitude era sexuality with the PG era super heroics.

Stardust is like Goldust except without any heat whatsoever. We already saw Stardust/Goldust being insane together and it killed interest in what was previously a very hot Cody Rhodes/Goldust tag team.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

zakharov posted:

CM Punk is never coming back you dorks

Cm punk is a huge mark for himself and if he can't find much to do that keeps him in the limelight after his ufc adventure ends in like a year or two he'll be back in WWE without a doubt, at least for a few money matches

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I too am positive that a dude who has been great with saving his money and by all accounts is the happiest he's been in years being completely away from wrestling would jump at the chance to come back and work for the people who deliberately shitcanned him on his wedding day.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Alain Post posted:

Stardust is like Goldust except without any heat whatsoever. We already saw Stardust/Goldust being insane together and it killed interest in what was previously a very hot Cody Rhodes/Goldust tag team.

The Stardust VS Goldust feud was hot despite half of the build being on youtube instead of the TV show. Too bad whatever road agent who booked the match decided the match story should be the exact opposite of the build story so that the feud would die and not get blown off at loving wrestlemania after 6 months of story.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Punk isn't wrestling even if his UFC stuff falls through. He'd take up comic writing full time, maybe even go into movies.

The closest he'll get to wrestling is use a restroom.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
There's a ton of money to be made in Punk coming back, but he also might be comfortable leaving that money on the table to spite Vince and HHH so who knows

It really wouldn't surprise me either way

Alain Post posted:

WWE killed the Brotherhood tag team dead themselves by awkwardly turning them heel because they didn't do the sensible thing and have the Wyatts beat the Usos for the tag belts in one of the five billion title matches those two teams had that summer. The first few months of the Stardust character were actually good and fun.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Dec 29, 2015

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
If Punk wanted to go back to wrestling why would he choose WWE? He'd be more likely to wrestle in NJPW or PWG against the Bucks.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 29, 2015

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Best thing for him would be to go full hypocrite and take a part-time WWE deal for boatloads of cash. Far better on his aging body than full-time WWE or even NJPW. Even if he were to give ROH / PWG massive discounts on what would be justifiably astronomical fees, I don't really want to see Punk wrestling if he doesn't have an opponent he doesn't completely dwarf in every way. In America that's, what, Styles?

But that Punk quit at all would indicate that he's not a Kurt Angle type who can't live without punchsport in his life. Let him succeed or fail at UFC and then let him permanently join the rotation of Nerdist hacks

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Punk is very open about his willingness to hold grudges forever and completely sever from things he doesn't want in his life anymore and i don't think he's ever coming back if HHH is in charge. Nothing is impossible but if he ever wrestles again its because he wants to cross something off the bucket list or he makes a serious of disastrous business deals.

as much as i'd love another program in ROH with someone new let the man be happy and get knocked out by unknowns in the UFC and talk about bad television shows for a living to his heart's content. Make him stop tweeting though.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Dec 29, 2015

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

When he lost that retirement match, the most sacred of stipulations.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I miss CM Punk.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I want CM Punk to wrestle as Stardust against Dashing Cody Rhodes.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I feel like the only time we'll get to see Punk actually wrestle again is if Colt Cabana dies in the next fifteen years and they hold a memorial show.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

Nothing is impossible but if he ever wrestles again its because he wants to cross something off the bucket list

Like wrestling the Bucks. How many fights is his UFC contract for again? I'll estimate and say Mystery Vortex 6.

I'm not even sure the match would be any good, I just want to hear the reaction in the building when Cult of Personality hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

oatgan posted:

Make him stop tweeting though.

Or just don't read his tweets if you don't like them?

CM Punk working an indy shot is a hard one to call. I guess it depends on how much WWE soured him on wrestling in general. There was a time he was in love with it, maybe he will get the itch somewhere down the line to do something. As mentioned above, Cabana may be the key: whether in life or death.

I wonder how well a CM Punk and friends tour would do? Say they did a few States? Just a lovely old ring, some lovely buildings booked etc.