Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Knifegrab posted:

Its a living hell. I mean I am bad. But this... this is something else.
I placed Silver II. I feel you. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

exethan posted:

Every match. Other than that I don't know much. I think that if you lose 16-14 it's a smaller hit on your rating than if you were to lose 16-4 or 16-0 or whatever. I think valve should let people see what the number is but it's probably a good idea for them to keep it a secret.

I'm almost positive it's on a round by round basis. I've ranked up in like two 16-1 games and struggled to get anything done with seven consecutive 16-13(ish) wins.

It's also why I refuse to vote to surrender. I'd rather be voted off than give up that many rounds for no reason.

e: Every game I've played at DMG/MGE thus far has been a 16-3(ish) stomp. Doesn't matter which way, the games don't even feel remotely competitive.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
What I meant by my post was your rank only changes every game but the amount of rounds you get all matter.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Famethrowa posted:

lol the way they peeked one by one after they knew exactly where you were.

I like to think that the two of them being late to support their balcony-jumping comrade was thanks to my masterful use of incendiary grenade to delay them, while the final attacker died the way he did because he wanted to know which particular dubstep tune I'd pick in my hour of triumph

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Gold Nova I :)

Is there any game setting to just permanently disable enemy team communication? I just don't see the point in ever reading enemy text its always just trolly bullshit.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Dec 29, 2015

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Knifegrab posted:

Gold Nova I :)

Is there any game setting to just permanently disable enemy team communication? I just don't see the point in ever reading enemy text its always just trolly bullshit.

cl_mute_enemy_team 1

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

fennesz posted:

But do you have bad facial hair or a funny accent? This is important.

https://youtu.be/DcmAUwPA-5o?t=21

this is both how I sound and look like

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think it's awesome to watch you guys be outraged at your ranks when in reality you place where your elo puts you and playing will correct for any anomalies, peace

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

BabeLiker90 posted:

I think it's awesome to watch you guys be outraged at your ranks when in reality you place where your elo puts you and playing will correct for any anomalies, peace

also the rank shift doesn't mean uneven games, as you still get matched with the appropriate elos; it's just that you can only downrank on a loss so your displayed rank is higher than your rank after the shift

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

BabeLiker90 posted:

not true, im consistently overrated

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Does changing your mouse polling rate actually do anything?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I'm still looking for EU players around the AK ranks to fill up a 5-stack. Add me if you want to be stupid with goons.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/devt/

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
http://fragbite.se/cs/news/38320/pyth-ar-klar-for-ninjas-in-pyjamas

"The swedish talent Jacob "pyth" Mourujärvi is ready for NiP gaming, announced by the org this evening. Now only two players remain for this years line-up" (and it'll probably be forest and get_right)

:l

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Bohemian Nights posted:

"The swedish talent Jacob "pyth" Mourujärvi is ready for NiP gaming, announced by the org this evening. Now only two players remain for this years line-up" (and it'll probably be forest and get_right)

Why couldn't they just say they resigned the whole team minus allu and added pyth instead of this day by day bullshit...

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, señor!

Bohemian Nights posted:

You still have a shot!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

BabeLiker90 posted:

Not outraged just puzzled. If the ranking system is such that I am constantly and easily winning every competitive match I am put in (and top fragging as well) then I guess the matchmaking is working as intended!

qhat posted:

cl_mute_enemy_team 1

Thank you so much, my life just got insanely better.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Partial Octopus posted:

Does changing your mouse polling rate actually do anything?

Yes but don't let it get to you. Chances are you're either at 500 or 1000 and both are fine.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Knifegrab posted:

Not outraged just puzzled. If the ranking system is such that I am constantly and easily winning every competitive match I am put in (and top fragging as well) then I guess the matchmaking is working as intended!

Keep winning more than you lose and you'll rank up soon enough, just enjoy having some easy games for a little while

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

RiP NiP

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Every time I see pyth's handle I think of the far superior video game Bastion

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 29, 2015

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

What's everyone's rank in Bastion

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Antares posted:

The best rank

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

If Valve added a Bastion music pack to CS:GO I'd buy it. That game has such a good soundtrack.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

*grabs a stone* WE'VE GOT A MUSIC PACK BUYER HERE, BOYS

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Macnult posted:

If Valve added a Bastion music pack to CS:GO I'd buy it. That game has such a good soundtrack.

gently caress yeah. That'd be sweet.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
new revised callouts for dust 2

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

After the rank shift, I've had a terrible time in MM. Four straight games of griefers and derankers. People running around spawn with revolvers, buying autos then standing in mid with their backs towards mid doors, constantly team flashing...

Usually I can at least keep my cool and try to play while ignoring them, but last night I snapped and killed a griefer on our team in spawn and got a 30 minute comp ban. I can't believe I let them get under my skin like that. Ugh.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Don't play this game when it's on sale imo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Every pistol round on CT side I sit in p90 Master and it works sometimes.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Every pistol round on CT side I sit in p90 Master and it works sometimes.

I'm just proud to have a dust2 callout named after me, TBH.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Macnult posted:

This would rule. Also what does a stat track music pack even track?!

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

It keeps track of the MVPs you earn.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

At first I didn't mind the rebalancing of ranks, but now it's like every MM match I play is just full of people who do not gel well playstyle-wise at all.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Macnult posted:

It keeps track of the MVPs you earn.

It actually just wastes your money.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Antares posted:

got every achievement in it but somehow the Beat The Game Once one didnt trigger

oh wait i didnt do the score attack one

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I want to see fer from whatever the brazillian team's name is now (Kabum was before Luminosity? uhh) in a way more rounded out team

stump collector
May 28, 2007
LG will be awesome in 2016

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Apparently, when the Pyth announcement was made it originally said he would be joining xizt and forest. So, look forward to forest being tomorrow.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

fennesz posted:

It actually just wastes your money.

That too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
How else are you gonna hammer in that you owned the other team without SAIL

• Locked thread