Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Savage Arms' name came from the founder, whose last name was Savage. The offensive logo was adopted later, if I recall correctly, which is, in a way, worse than simply starting out with a racist logo - the name Savage Arms doesn't need a logo at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emQ6_PrRzIk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Filthy Hans posted:

Savage Arms' name came from the founder, whose last name was Savage. The offensive logo was adopted later, if I recall correctly, which is, in a way, worse than simply starting out with a racist logo - the name Savage Arms doesn't need a logo at all.

herp derp you're an idiot that can't even recall a few posts previous to yours

mlmp08 posted:

quote:

In 1919, Chief Lame Deer approached Arthur Savage to purchase lever-action rifles for the Indian reservation and the two men struck a deal. The tribe would get discounted rifles and Savage would get their support and endorsement. It was at this time in the company's history, that Arthur Savage added the Indian head logo--a direct gift from the Chief--to the company name.
Still, lol at "savage arms"

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

affluenza kid arrested in mexico

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

can't not quote this

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Unless posted:

can't not quote this

This is really not true unfortunately. A lot more than just 1% take "gently caress the poor" stance.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Unless posted:

can't not quote this

Knew the name was familiar - it's the protaganist from Mother Night.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Filthy Hans posted:

I like how you took the written context I had in my post out just so you could explain it in a worse way and act like I didn't already provide an explanation. Not sure if you're an idiot or trying to be weirdly malicious?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

agreed 100%

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

shrike82 posted:

affluenza kid arrested in mexico

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O317T6Zlno

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

5ft7 and 130 pounds, no wonder he's trying to compensate

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

that tamir rice thing's p hosed up, guys

e: woops this is the bad thread here a pic:

R. Mute fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 29, 2015

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

R. Mute posted:

black kid playing with toy gun, murdered in cold blood in mere seconds. no charges.

white kid drives drunk, kills four people, gets probation because being rich is boring and stuff you guys.

Fortunately the Mexican authorities have him now and I can't imagine their sympathy for overprivileged white kids runs quite so deep.

e: woops this thread is where I heard about that :downsgun:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Panty Saluter posted:

black kid playing with toy gun, murdered in cold blood in mere seconds. no charges.

white kid drives drunk, kills four people, gets probation because being rich is boring and stuff you guys.

Fortunately the Mexican authorities have him now and I can't imagine their sympathy for overprivileged white kids runs quite so deep.

e: woops this thread is where I heard about that :downsgun:

Not really the same. Now if, say, a bunch of grown men and women pointed actual guns at federal agents

Or if he had an actual gun and stood there threatening the police and society in general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQwlfXdDDYA

Or if he actually started shooting the cops with the plastic pellets in the toy gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE059hTqPJU

Or if he had an actual gun and started shooting at people's cars and pointing it at police when they showed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy6EVbrBpOY

that would be different. There's one common theme that runs between all of these people that's different from Tamir Rice. Something that kept the police from just instantly shooting them and instead trying to calm them down and take them alive. Weird.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Not really the same.

It doesn't have to be. If affluenza kid was black I doubt the judge would have been so lenient.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

R. Mute posted:

this thread owns when fuckwits aren't posting pictures as an afterthought.

http://imgur.com/a/A6L5j

Found this series of "rare" photos earlier, some good ones in. The above one is Henry Ford getting some Nazi award.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Panty Saluter posted:

Yes. The Mexican authorities are known for ignoring money and influence when justice must be served.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

spacetoaster posted:

Yes. The Mexican authorities are known for ignoring money and influence when justice must be served.

I respect them for at least getting a bribe out of it, rather than just giving it for free because pobre niņo rico

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Panty Saluter posted:

It doesn't have to be. If affluenza kid was black I doubt the judge would have been so lenient.

she has a history of being lenient on first time juviniles regardless of their offence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Hudson_Boyd

don't get so bitter that you end up making enemies out of allies

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008
Some random stuff:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Pres. Reagan recommended that PM Thatcher read "Red Storm Rising" by Tom Clancy in order to gain some valuable insight on the USSR's intentions and strategy.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

withak posted:

Pres. Reagan recommended that PM Thatcher read "Red Storm Rising" by Tom Clancy in order to gain some valuable insight on the USSR's intentions and strategy.

Why is this not surprising.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Why don't you just dig up vilerats corpse and parade it through Washington DC you worthless hack! :argh::argh::argh:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Hey, Michael Bay, where's the movie about the brave black ops super soldiers that tried to stop 9/11 despite the Bush administration tossing the Clinton administrations "Actionable Ideas" in the garbage bin and ignoring "Bin Laden determined to attack the US"?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Who made these?

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Who made these?

Dude, it says it right there on the comic

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

RareAcumen posted:

Who made these?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Squalid posted:

Dude, it says it right there on the comic

Thanks anyway.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

MariusLecter posted:

Hey, Michael Bay, where's the movie about the brave black ops super soldiers that tried to stop 9/11 despite the Bush administration tossing the Clinton administrations "Actionable Ideas" in the garbage bin and ignoring "Bin Laden determined to attack the US"?

Do you have a source for this btw? Asking because I'm curious, not because I don't believe you.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
World Leaders Illustrated As Transformers By Gunduz Aghayev

(presumably the crane is for executions)

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Kim Jong-Un one is bullshit, there's nowhere near enough mass in that vehicle form to make that robot form. Shape the gently caress up, Gunduz!

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

He got the Merkel hands. I was disappointed there was no technical anywhere, but I guess there's not a 'world leader' that it would make sense for.

• Locked thread