Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think the list that will end up most similar to my own personal top ten will be Jason's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think the list that will end up most similar to my own personal top ten will be Jason's

I think mine is Dan's. I didn't know he liked Splatoon that much

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Austin's thing went on way too long and the sound balance of that whole video was hosed and I constantly kept having to turn it up and down. thanks

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

None of them like it. It came up early in the first podcast and Brad said it was a really bland game that we've seen many times before.

Da fuq. o.0

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

they also didnt talk about bloodborne as best looking game at all. its style is amazing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

they also didnt talk about bloodborne as best looking game at all. its style is amazing

it's menacing and gross and awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RIP Ryan Davis.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I wasn't paying attention during a part where they talked about a game's graphics reminding them of old metallica covers or something like that, what game was it?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Blackheart posted:

I wasn't paying attention during a part where they talked about a game's graphics reminding them of old metallica covers or something like that, what game was it?

dark souls 2

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Blackheart posted:

Same. They mebtion it like once. Irs Tormentum.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i love vinny

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

wtf todays podcast is 4 hours

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

wtf todays podcast is 4 hours

I think Friday is gonna be like 6 or 7

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

None of them like it. It came up early in the first podcast and Brad said it was a really bland game that we've seen many times before.

He's right but that's still epically classic brad, lmfao.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

He's right but that's still epically classic brad, lmfao.

no hes not

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

its completely different from dark souls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

Wormskull is a known anti-Souls troll.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SM64Guy posted:

Completely different. Really. Come on. lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Please tell me when Brad said it he had the fully authoritative tone in his voice and was saying it like he was throwing it away where it's not even the least bit controversial. lmfao... Brad FTW.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Please tell me when Brad said it he had the fully authoritative tone in his voice and was saying it like he was throwing it away where it's not even the least bit controversial. lmfao... Brad FTW.

The most indignant he got is when someone suggested that Batman: Arkham Knight wasn't the best looking game of the year, lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

The most indignant he got is when someone suggested that Batman: Arkham Knight wasn't the best looking game of the year, lol.

lmao

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

Completely different. Really. Come on. lmfao

well okay its more like if dark souls played more like a character action game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Now if Bloodborne was From Software's first outing, sure -- it would be a veritable treasure trove in the year's gaming landscape. But we've seen it before. And visually, Arkham Knight simply wins out by a raccoon's tail.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I mean come on dude, the dark hazy night, the constant rain, th, the, buildings...it's just got such a fantastic sense of, of, scale, that it's working with. You know?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Now if Bloodborne was From Software's first outing, sure -- it would be a veritable treasure trove in the year's gaming landscape. But we've seen it before. And visually, Arkham Knight simply wins out by a raccoon's tail.

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Wormskull posted:

please say this is a real BradQuote

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Milkman posted:

please say this is a real BradQuote

Sadly no. But I can imagine it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also some recurring Brad goodness is that whenever someone brings up Battlefront he uses every opportunity available to flame JJ Abrams for no reason.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

brad argues for a long time today and its literally impossible to fix bugs in fallout 4

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

is the cast up already?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Brad forever gets a pass because he was the only person to talk about Mr. Drippy for Best Character or w/e whenever year Ni no Kuni came out.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Brad forever gets a pass because he was the only person to talk about Mr. Drippy for Best Character or w/e whenever year Ni no Kuni came out.

I'm sure it works better in context but having not played Ni No Kuni it was hilarious to hear Brad talk up "Mr. Drippy" and then make everyone listen to some sound clips of what sounded like a Shrek impression and Jeff was politely like "Hm okay well that was pretty funny."

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

elf help book posted:

brad argues for a long time today and its literally impossible to fix bugs in fallout 4

lmao he argues that it's not feasible for Bethesda games to improve from one to the next wrt bugs and overall jank

like yeah you're dumb if you expect Bethesda to actually do it, but he literally thinks it's somehow impossible

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Walrus Pete posted:

lmao he argues that it's not feasible for Bethesda games to improve from one to the next wrt bugs and overall jank

like yeah you're dumb if you expect Bethesda to actually do it, but he literally thinks it's somehow impossible

he argues later that it cant be disappointing because they sold 12 million copies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

he argues later that it cant be disappointing because they sold 12 million copies

I was laughing when Dan pulls up te Metacritic page for God of War 3 and everyone just collectively loses it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I was laughing when Dan pulls up te Metacritic page for God of War 3 and everyone just collectively loses it

lmao

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Brad suggesting that Mario maker is dissapointing in any way lol

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Fluffdaddy posted:

Brad suggesting that Mario maker is dissapointing in any way lol

The lack of checkpoints and variable power-ups (mushroom if small, flower if big) seemed pretty disappointing to me, but then they patched those in so I'm not sure what's left to complain about. Maybe if I had a Wii-U I'd have something to say about the interface or how the online stuff is put together, but from an outside perspective it seems like it's everything it should be.

Well, being able to make and upload packs of levels that string together like a real Mario game would be really nice. They haven't patched that in right?

elf help book posted:

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

they spend 2 hours on what was the best music of the year