Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Medullah posted:

JC, the first three posts are generally kept up to date.

Cool, thanks! Didn't know how up-to-date that was so just wanted to verify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Next pack needs Kowakian Money Lizard decorations that if you click on them, they cackle intermittently.

Then we need to cover the Guild ship with them.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Fuzz posted:

Next pack needs Kowakian Money Lizard Hutt mount decorations that if you click on them, they cackle ho ho ho intermittently.

Then we need to cover the Guild ship with them.

Better.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Aleth posted:

Better.

Both = Best.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Promethium posted:

Story modes are very forgiving but you should take the five minutes or so to read a guide on dulfy.net, it's not much effort to go through while waiting for the group to form up.

To add to this - it's also really important that you know your class more than knowing the raid. You should know what moves generate threat, what defensive cool downs you have, etc. Nothing frustrates me more in a raid than when I tell DPS "make sure to interrupt X move" only to get as a response "Do you know what it's called? I want to put that on my bar"

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Hello!

I am TescoBag in game and would love an invite to the Republic goon guild please!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Is it safe to queue as a Healer as a Jedi Sage, even if I went for the Telekinetics tree?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Is it safe to queue as a Healer as a Jedi Sage, even if I went for the Telekinetics tree?

....As long as you respec to heals before you queue, or after the pop.

Otherwise no, don't do that. If you're DPS you aren't a healer.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
To add to that if it's Tacticals you're queuing for queuing as heals won't get you into a FP any faster since there is no matchmaking. Tacticals are first come first serve.

If you're talking about anything above Tacticals you'll learn the answer to your question real quick.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

To add to that if it's Tacticals you're queuing for queuing as heals won't get you into a FP any faster since there is no matchmaking. Tacticals are first come first serve.

If you're talking about anything above Tacticals you'll learn the answer to your question real quick.

Even if it's a tactical and you queue as heals accidentally make sure you tell the group because otherwise they're expecting you to heal them.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Even if it's a tactical and you queue as heals accidentally make sure you tell the group because otherwise they're expecting you to heal them.

But life is better with surprises!

For real though I don't understand why the queue doesn't auto-select your role...it's not like hybrids are a thing anymore and the tech is there with the Ranked queue. I assume :effort: is the answer.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Something weird happened to me, I can't seem to level past 50, the xp bar is just one XP shy of 51. What gives? I thought all the expansions and stuff got released for F2p and preferred status folks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

McCloud posted:

Something weird happened to me, I can't seem to level past 50, the xp bar is just one XP shy of 51. What gives? I thought all the expansions and stuff got released for F2p and preferred status folks.

No, the expansions are all free for subscribers.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Does anyone NOT jump into the Sarlacc the first time they come across it? And why is there no achievement for that?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Does anyone NOT jump into the Sarlacc the first time they come across it? And why is there no achievement for that?

There is, where do you think you get the title Worm Food

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Medullah posted:

There is, where do you think you get the title Worm Food
It doesn't pop an achievement window though, so it's easy to miss. Look in your titles.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Medullah posted:

No, the expansions are all free for subscribers.

They stay unlocked when your subscription ends though.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Anyone have strong opinions on specs for a Shadow? I like tanking and stealthing so I can't decide.

Dekatris
Jan 12, 2014
I gave up on my friends ever coming back to Prophecy of the Five and moved my 65 to Jedi Covenant.

I'm in game as "Dekkalia" and bothered Sardikuar and Nastrella about an invite (sorry to both of you), but I'm gonna post about it here too.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Dekatris posted:

I gave up on my friends ever coming back to Prophecy of the Five and moved my 65 to Jedi Covenant.

I'm in game as "Dekkalia" and bothered Sardikuar and Nastrella about an invite (sorry to both of you), but I'm gonna post about it here too.

We seem to have hit the 500 member cap again so no one can invite right now, you can /cjoin tngchat in the meantime and ask when that gets cleaned up.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Just finished chapter 3 on my smuggler, 1-56 in 1 day 7 hours /played. Might be able to knock out one more before double xp ends, since none of them would be starting from scratch.

E: Inquisitor and JC stories didn't really take hold of my interest so the options are level 14 IA or level 10 BH.

the Bounty Hunter story is pretty boring, I gotta admit.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Hour-long run of False Emperor tactical with three goobers who constantly killed everything in the wrong order and needed on everything topped off with me accidentally quitting the group early because I was so eager to get the gently caress outta there (and because I'd assumed one of them had activated the console but of course all three of them were just kind of running around it not actually clicking on it) so I didn't get credit. :suicide:

Dekatris
Jan 12, 2014

Promethium posted:

We seem to have hit the 500 member cap again so no one can invite right now, you can /cjoin tngchat in the meantime and ask when that gets cleaned up.

No problem... at least there's 500 characters to be in the guild, unlike the prophecy server.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Promethium posted:

Dekatris posted:

No problem... at least there's 500 characters to be in the guild, unlike the prophecy server.

If you join the 'TNGchat' custom chat channel and ask around and you can probably snag an invite to 'Fleet Maintenance', which is the goon alt-guild...

(Use "/cjoin TNGChat", minus the " " marks, to join the custom channel)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Promethium posted:

I'll remove some people that haven't logged on. As always, if you have an alt that you'll never play again, please recover them.

Also, if you invite someone please make sure you set a guild note with their SA name. If you don't have a note, ask someone to add. When I clean up the guild and we don't have inactive members, no notes are the first to go.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Does anyone have tips to improve FPS in PvP? My fps goes from 60+ to 15-30 in PvP

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

dominoeffect posted:

Does anyone have tips to improve FPS in PvP? My fps goes from 60+ to 15-30 in PvP

Turning anything related to shadows down tends to help the most in my experience. Anti-aliasing after that.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Logged in for the first time since launch to use my KotFE chapter 1 trial. Rolled up a new level 60 character (my abandoned launch character hit 27 before I quit). What in the holy gently caress is going on? The level 60 returning players tutorial is terrible, it literally just adds a million skills to your character ever few minutes without any explanation whatsoever.

I think I'll just subscribe, play through the new story stuff and peace out. It looks like there's way too much poo poo in the game to properly jump back in now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Steve2911 posted:

Logged in for the first time since launch to use my KotFE chapter 1 trial. Rolled up a new level 60 character (my abandoned launch character hit 27 before I quit). What in the holy gently caress is going on? The level 60 returning players tutorial is terrible, it literally just adds a million skills to your character ever few minutes without any explanation whatsoever.

I think I'll just subscribe, play through the new story stuff and peace out. It looks like there's way too much poo poo in the game to properly jump back in now.

The game is actually quite simplified now. My recommendation would be to start a level 1 character instead and learn your discipline as you go along. I think level 60 tokens are best used when you already have a base understanding of the class (say you roll a commando when you've already got a mercenary).

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Do the companion stories advance in any meaningful way after chapter 3?

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
Has anyone else experienced a delay when trying to buy the Outlander pack off Origin? They're telling me it could take up to 48 hours which is ridiculous considering it's just a code, presumably.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

prefect posted:

Also, they in-game cartel coin store added a new amount you can buy. The maximum amount you can buy went from $50 to $100, so there are going to be other people like me who spend fifty bucks by accident. :blush:

You could buy 6 dyes with that kind of money

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Medullah posted:

My recommendation would be to start a level 1 character instead and learn your discipline as you go along.
I really wish I had the time or energy to start an MMO fresh but nah.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ainsley McTree posted:

You could buy 6 dyes with that kind of money

I've bought a few extra character slots, because I need a free one to try to get black/black dyes. But each time I do it, I wind up using the new slot for a character I don't want to delete. I suppose I might be able to get past this once I hit seventeen character slots. :downs:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Steve2911 posted:

Right now it's entirely reasonable to go from 1-60 in maybe a week of extremely casual play, so it's not the massive time investment you might think it is.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Solarflare posted:

Has anyone else experienced a delay when trying to buy the Outlander pack off Origin? They're telling me it could take up to 48 hours which is ridiculous considering it's just a code, presumably.

Yeah my first one over the weekend took 36 hours, second one bought for a friend is going on 44 so far. Saw a lot of people mentioning it when I googled it Friday.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Steve2911 posted:

I played for like 3 hours yesterday and I'm already level 13. The progression is WAY faster than it was at launch.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Colonial Air Force posted:

I played for like 3 hours yesterday and I'm already level 13. The progression is WAY faster than it was at launch.

Well, right now 2x XP is going on so the progression rate will not be quite as fast once it's over in January. It's still much faster than at launch though. The normal, non-2x XP, rate allows you to level with just class story plus either planetary quests, heroics, flashpoints, ops, or PVP. The "correct" progression rate is class quests + planetary quests.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Holy poo poo, this double xp week is nonsense. Been blasting classes to see how they feel and I just hit 65 on my powertech after something like 18 hours /played.

Class is fun, story is kinda boring. Every class has been fun so far, actually (Sorc, PT, Sniper, shadow) but the actual plots have been a mixed bag through chapter 1. Warrior next, I think.

I'll actually meaningfully progress at some stage, but the powergamer in me is struggling to not take advantage of all this experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Wilekat posted:

Holy poo poo, this double xp week is nonsense. Been blasting classes to see how they feel and I just hit 65 on my powertech after something like 18 hours /played.

Class is fun, story is kinda boring. Every class has been fun so far, actually (Sorc, PT, Sniper, shadow) but the actual plots have been a mixed bag through chapter 1. Warrior next, I think.

I'll actually meaningfully progress at some stage, but the powergamer in me is struggling to not take advantage of all this experience.

If you want to see the stories, this is definitely the time to do it, I say take advantage while 2x lasts. There's always time to do progression later.

• Locked thread