Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Chronicles posted:

As long as Gio scores more than -6 I'm a winner!

Well, you can always bench him...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
loving week 17.

Anyway apparently the Panthers loss means they don't have home field locked up for the playoffs? So I'm guessing that means Cam will play!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

My Denver defense versus his AJ Green and Vontaze Burfict tonight. I have a 13-point edge going in. What do you guys think about my odds? I'm loving nervous.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
33 point lead vs. his Emmanuel Sanders and Brandon Marshall (DEN).

Really wishing I hadn't benched Buck Allen for Christine Michael right now. :iamafag:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Down half a point in one championship with Cinci and AJG vs. Denver. Feel good there.
Up a good amount with Danny Trevathan against DT and Gio. Feel less good there but I feel like I can pull it out.
Up 18 with Vernon Davis against Brandon Marshall (LB) and Ronnie Hillman in Cheating for Charity. Who knows once the algebra plays out. I need to win straight up to prevent chugging a 4Loko in wheez's memory though.

I could go 3/3 in the finals in 6 leagues :vince:

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Timett posted:

I put up like 190 points on a projected 130 this week. Second highest single week score of the season. Went 11-2 in the regular season. Most total points scored all year...

Hurray for my 3rd place finish :negative:

gently caress the fluke that was week 15

The guy i beat in the semis went for 150 and i went for 158. In his third place game he went for 172 and i won the championship with 111 and aj green to go. He's not returning my texts.

Also, whats the most amount of points a player (not D/ST or IDP crap) has ever lost in fantasy? Maybe 2 or three from losing yards, fumbling and getting hurt/benched?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Crunkjuice posted:

Also, whats the most amount of points a player (not D/ST or IDP crap) has ever lost in fantasy? Maybe 2 or three from losing yards, fumbling and getting hurt/benched?

A couple of QBs have had games nearing -10 depending on scoring system. Ryan Leaf, Rex Grossman, Jake Delhomme had a 5 pick game in the playoffs. Outside of qbs I would guess -4 would be the worst you could do before getting benched.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Peyton had -6.6 in the second KC game.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I should have played at least one team this year. Fantasy football for me is a cute little pastime to (almost) get me through to fantasy baseball time, and one mock draft I did would have been a championship caliber team, I think.

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Doug Martin
RB: Todd Gurley
WR: TY Hilton
WR: Vincent Jackson
TE: Rob Gronkowski
K/DST: don't matter

Bench was garbage, but I had Cam. Trading him or Brady for a top WR would have been a killdozer offense.

Oh well, bring on baseball. :v:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I did it. I won this year after losing due to my own incompetence as commissioner last year (had a week 17 playoff game). Special thanks to Beer for his sheets that gave me a great draft and to all the goons who gave me solid advice in my most desperate of times. This one is for you guys! :getin:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Needed 3 points from Emmanuel Sanders to come from behind for the league title and he delivered.

Congrats to fellow winners and thanks to this thread for advice in my rookie fantasy year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The league whose wonky-rear end rules led me to really sit down and figure out fantasy football finally has me as a champion after running since 2003.

<edited out screenshot with my full name in it>

:w00t::woop: CHAMPIONS :woop::w00t:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I won a no-money championship, and placed third in our goon money dynasty league, for a $40 cash! In my third league, the loving IDP frenzy all-IDP league, I lost massively in the first round of the playoffs.

On balance I'll take it. And I feel exhausted with fantasy now, so I'm genuinely ready for it to be done.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Wooooooooooo in the big money!

Congrats to all you other supergoons out there.

We'll all be last next year though so enjoy it. Wooooooooooo fantasy football gently caress yeah!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Won the SAS Dynasty League my second year in, got the most points in the Blounts & Fortes League, and most importantly am champion of my family league.

Also raised around $4500 for charity.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Won my money league. :haw:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I won my redraft league and I retooled in my keeper league.

I have two 4th round picks, two 5th round picks, and three 6th round picks. We keep 2 players and my choices are:

LeVeon Bell in the 3rd
Jordy Nelson in the 15th
Kelvin Benjamin in the 16th

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Dec 29, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Won the SAS Dynasty League my second year in, got the most points in the Blounts & Fortes League, and most importantly am champion of my family league.

Also raised around $4500 for charity.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

This owns. Way to go with cheating for charity. That's goddamned inspiring.

But really though I got 7 first-round picks next year in our dynasty league and I am going to kick your rear end so hard.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sataere and I were both playing in Cheating for Charity for wheez and we faced off in the finals so the SPLC is the real winner.

I have to chug a 4loko now though because I lost straight up :stonk:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Sataere and I were both playing in Cheating for Charity for wheez and we faced off in the finals so the SPLC is the real winner.

I have to chug a 4loko now though because I lost straight up :stonk:

That sounds like a win all around. SPLC owns and the bet is funny.

Hey speaking of which didn't somebody toxx a SPLC donation if somebody ended up not getting hurt this season? Who was that and who was the player? Palmer? Bradford? Can't be arsed to go look it up.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

So

When do we slow mock

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
won my league this year with an embarrassing team of frauds. my championship roster consisted of four players i had to pick up from the waiver wire due to injuries last week, but i narrowly squeaked it out thanks to getting 30 points from arizona's defense

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Needed Demaryius to score less than 7.6 in standard to win my second championship of the year :toot:

Congrats fellow champs!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spoeank posted:

So

When do we slow mock

We should start with an NFL draft mock so we can properly place our rookies

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

This season was the final straw in terms of convincing me Zero RB is the way to go.

DWill and Tim loving Hightower, people. Let that sink in for a moment.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I started Denard Robinson and Karlos Williams against Tim Hightower and Charmander West in our finals. 10 man league.

Yeah, gently caress 1st round RBs.

My kicker was my highest scoring player. Thanks, Blair Walsh!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Ten points from Denver D makes me the champion in my rookie year!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
So if you guys can just stick around til next week to help us poor week 17-ers that'd be great! Thankssss

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
My winning starting roster contained 4 players I drafted this year, only two of which were in the first 10 rounds.

We start 8 skill position players. That's hilarious. (no thanks to OBJ that is).

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
The guy who finished fourth in our league lost his semifinal and the third place game by a combined score of .92

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Spoeank posted:

So

When do we slow mock

Bring on the Mock Slow Draft

I am the 2015 Mock Slow Draft Champion

(I'm "Football" - Wayne Gretzky)

Check out Former Kicker Ray Finkle, 2014-2015 back-to-back champion in our Goon Money League. Stick to weekly, ya scrub!

Roster:

Draft was throughout the month of May 2015. Best Ball setup, 24 players drafted. Your best QB score of the week gets used, your best 2 RB scores, etc.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Forever_Peace posted:

This owns. Way to go with cheating for charity. That's goddamned inspiring.

But really though I got 7 first-round picks next year in our dynasty league and I am going to kick your rear end so hard.

Yeah you definitely are in a position to scoop up free agency.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah you definitely are in a position to scoop up free agency.

Well 3 of those are rookie firsts. Since I probably need to spend some of the FA firsts on QB/TE, I'll need to hope for some good rookies at the skill positions to really hum.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to next season quite a bit. One of those FA firsts ended up being the 1.1

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Lost in the championship this year, rats. Question though; should I keep OBJ or Gurley? I only get one keeper and I'm most likely going to choose one of them. I also have Devonta Freeman but I don't think he's as good of a choice as those two. The league I am in, barring any future rule changes, is not PPR.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I'd keep OBJ but I'm not super confident about that.

A little early, maybe, but is there a good summary of who will / won't play in week 17? If I can win this goddamn league I will be the commissioner next year and won't do this week 17 final playoff game poo poo.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I was down heading into Monday Night with only Denver's defense left to play. At the end of the fourth quarter, I was still down ~1 point. Luckily, Brandon McManus had one of the worst shanks I've ever seen and sent the game to OT. Denver managed to end the game with its only turnover, and so the last play of the fantasy football season handed me a one-point championship win :stare:

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

pangstrom posted:

I'd keep OBJ but I'm not super confident about that.

A little early, maybe, but is there a good summary of who will / won't play in week 17? If I can win this goddamn league I will be the commissioner next year and won't do this week 17 final playoff game poo poo.

Yeah, I'm in 2 championship games this week. Stupid late playoffs.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
My unstoppable train keeps rolling right to the stupid Week 17 finals.
Tom Brady is supposedly going to play, but I don't know who he's going to throw to, even if Edelman and Amandola are back, they might rest them for playoffs. That wasn't a problem last wweek, but I still feel maybe I should bench Brady and put in Hoyer or someone off the waivers. Not sure.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
It's come up before but I wonder how badly injuries reshaped the fantasy landscape this season. A number of big names got hurt this year (Nelson, Charles, Bell, Eifert, Ingram) along with injuries to up-and-coming players (Lewis among others).

A big reason guys like T. Hightower and D. Williams are huge plays this year is due to the injury bat coming down hard on RBs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Franks Happy Place posted:

This season was the final straw in terms of convincing me Zero RB is the way to go.

DWill and Tim loving Hightower, people. Let that sink in for a moment.

The more people that start to go zero rb make it less and less viable each year

• Locked thread