Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Do you seriously expect people on Tumblr to know that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

cash crab posted:

Question: Do sites that share images like "SHARE IF U AGREE" get some kind of ad revenue based on shares and likes?

They get exposure so more people will like them so they'll be worth more to advertisers. It's an indirect benefit.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

cash crab posted:

I thought this was the Thieves Guild for a second.

Almost literally, except somehow psychic. Do they open the bedroom door to see if the occupants are sleeping or huddling in terror before putting two squares?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Almost literally, except somehow psychic. Do they open the bedroom door to see if the occupants are sleeping or huddling in terror before putting two squares?

Well no, they just crouch in a corner, throw a bucket over the head of whoever's inside and then case the house.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I need to learn the creation kit so I can mod the shadowmarks into those symbols.

Even though half of them are basically "yeah steal poo poo" and two are "too dangerous" and two "don't bother".

So it's really just 3.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

goose fleet posted:

Do you seriously expect people on Tumblr to know that

I mean, we live in a world where most people think hymens work like pop tops. I'm not sure tumblr is what's wrong with sex ed.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Dogfish posted:

Also that's not where your uterus is, if you're not pregnant. Your uterus is inside your pelvis. It's not touching the front wall of the abdominal cavity; it's behind the pubic bone.

It's also about the size of an avocado! :eng101:

change my name posted:

Well no, they just crouch in a corner, throw a bucket over the head of whoever's inside and then case the house.

hee

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

:agreed:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Dogfish posted:

Also that's not where your uterus is, if you're not pregnant. Your uterus is inside your pelvis. It's not touching the front wall of the abdominal cavity; it's behind the pubic bone.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I agree

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
I agron't.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

hyperhazard posted:

I mean, we live in a world where most people think hymens work like pop tops. I'm not sure tumblr is what's wrong with sex ed.

Initially read "pop tops" as "pop tarts," was confused but intrigued.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

is there any similarity at all between these franchises or is this like saying "the world needs more Iron Maiden... and less spoken-word Scottish folklore"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Every time someone I know shares a article about healthy eating and such, i check it out, and then I find that that the "sources" are all Natural News and such sites and full of garbage about PESTICIDES and EAT ORGANIC!

I feel wrong commenting on them, pointing out the suspect sources, but these people are legitimately trying to lose weight ( as am I) and I don't want to call them stupid. It's a hard thing, and people can end up looking for anything that can help. As I've said, though, its not harmful, just makes you pay more for food, and it may help you think more about what you eat.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

twistedmentat posted:

Every time someone I know shares a article about healthy eating and such, i check it out, and then I find that that the "sources" are all Natural News and such sites and full of garbage about PESTICIDES and EAT ORGANIC!

I feel wrong commenting on them, pointing out the suspect sources, but these people are legitimately trying to lose weight ( as am I) and I don't want to call them stupid. It's a hard thing, and people can end up looking for anything that can help. As I've said, though, its not harmful, just makes you pay more for food, and it may help you think more about what you eat.

Yeah man. I draw pretty much the same line. Almost every successful diet works because it makes a person think twice about what gets shoved in the pie hole. If someone is trying to get to a healthy weight and is on some kind of bullshit paleo retardfest, I just keep my mouth shut and let them get under 2000 calories or whatever however they manage to get there.

I will call people out on that same kind of bullshit if they're spreading misinformation and/or harrassing other people, though.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

cash crab posted:

Ah, yes. "[blank] tries [blank]". My favourite type of clickbait.

Hey now, when you're expected to write a paper about sports philosophy for your dumb foundation courses for your degree, you will binge watch anything to procrastinate. I regret nothing. Except having to take that course.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

CommonShore posted:

Yeah man. I draw pretty much the same line. Almost every successful diet works because it makes a person think twice about what gets shoved in the pie hole. If someone is trying to get to a healthy weight and is on some kind of bullshit paleo retardfest, I just keep my mouth shut and let them get under 2000 calories or whatever however they manage to get there.

I will call people out on that same kind of bullshit if they're spreading misinformation and/or harrassing other people, though.

Paleo is my favourite diet because people get so psyched about it but will never give up booze. There were no stills in the paleolithic era.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Picnic Princess posted:

Hey now, when you're expected to write a paper about sports philosophy for your dumb foundation courses for your degree, you will binge watch anything to procrastinate. I regret nothing. Except having to take that course.

WHAT IS SPORTS PHILOSOPHY

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

cash crab posted:

What is a sport?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Birb Katter posted:

Paleo is my favourite diet because people get so psyched about it but will never give up booze. There were no stills in the paleolithic era.

I like the one where rice and pasta are "free foods" and you can eat as much of them as you like. Because no one ever gained weight gorging on carbs!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

GOONS try SPORTS PHILOSOPHY

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Some of the gals in my department were going on about this "cleanse" where you drink the special "cleanse" juice or whatever and stick to the diet part you lose a bunch of weight. I mentioned as diplomatically as I could maybe the "cleanse" part is sort of a Dumbo Feather... but you know if that's what works best for you.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
In the weightloss thread in YLLS many successful goons tell stories about people in their life who quiz them about their "secret"...then refuse to believe that it's nothing more than calorie control.

The diet industry has drilled it into people that you have to follow some patented method, or drink special shakes, or cut out entire food groups entirely, and the idea that you have the power to just do it on your own with 5 minutes a day of reading the drat label and taking notes or punching numbers into a free website just doesn't make sense to them.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Fatkraken posted:

In the weightloss thread in YLLS many successful goons tell stories about people in their life who quiz them about their "secret"...then refuse to believe that it's nothing more than calorie control.

Goons also eat loving coagulated beef fat as a snack along side a pack of bacon with eggs fried in the grease for breakfast. I'm surprised Goons aren't en masse having heart attacks considering they buy into the same amount of dietary weird poo poo as normal people do, they just stick to it longer.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Goons also eat loving coagulated beef fat as a snack along side a pack of bacon with eggs fried in the grease for breakfast. I'm surprised Goons aren't en masse having heart attacks considering they buy into the same amount of dietary weird poo poo as normal people do, they just stick to it longer.

There's a reason low carb threads don't survive long in YLLS, most goons in the regular weight loss thread have pretty sensible diets

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

cash crab posted:

"Why do we play sports and what do popular sports throughout the ages tell us about culture and the human condition"

It was actually kind of interesting when talking about antiquity but modern sports are just boring to contemplate about. I had to sit through student presentations about hockey stick history. Seriously. Oh well, it was an easy 3 credits.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

AlbieQuirky posted:

Yes, but the caption adds a touch of :britain: racism, so.

It was liked by a someone from Australia, even. Romas sure get around :v:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"Girls, it's simple: I'll keep harassing you. If you report it to the police, i'll rape you. If i'm going to jail i might as well do it all."

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
Something more light-hearted to increase the picture density:

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
I'm pregnant with my first baby, and a friend invited me to join this Mommy Group. Most of it is dull inanity, but some of it reaches comic levels of inanity.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
What's the deal with people who buy organic? Is it a save the earth thing or more of a "toxins"=cancer thing?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Cosima posted:

What's the deal with people who buy organic? Is it a save the earth thing or more of a "toxins"=cancer thing?

Mix of both, leaning strongly towards the latter.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

If Obama is so worried about climate change, why does he continue to jet set around the world?

Because he's a lying racist rear end. Him and his husband.

and if he for gun control, then why does he allow his security detail and the SS to have guns?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Because he's a lying racist rear end. Him and his husband.

wait what

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

They're just calling Michelle Obama a man again.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Cosima posted:

Also pretty much buying a smug sense of self importance so they can lord over people the fact they pay more for food that's no different from conventionally grown food.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

LOB I pity you most of all, staring into the abyss

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

He's a trooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Cosima posted:

90% the latter. Anyone who has done the research on it knows that it's not a very good "Save the Earth" option because organic commodities can be much more carbon intensive.