Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=173&l=5ddea9a17bf9423ea67e761b46c36464ccecc5d8

can I do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

oh boy, can you ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTlXw2qGB2w

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

:munch:

How many auto cannons can I shove on it?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Not as many.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

:munch:

How many auto cannons can I shove on it?

six I think. you can do six UAC/5, or five UAC/5 plus some medium lasers, or two UAC/10 and three UAC/5, or four UAC/10

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Doing this as soon as I get home from my trip. It looks amazingly fun.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Devorum posted:

They probably thought they could underload it to make room for something else on their CW deck.

This.
Direwolf, Cheetah, Maddog and EbonJag are 5 tons too much, so i thought id strip 5 off the DW and was good.

Now i have to either go for a lighter light mech, which only leaves the Lynx, or a lighter Heavy, which means a Crow (which i hate).

Also i think you can fit 6 U-AC10s in a Direwolf, but only without armor and very few shots.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

This.
Direwolf, Cheetah, Maddog and EbonJag are 5 tons too much, so i thought id strip 5 off the DW and was good.

Now i have to either go for a lighter light mech, which only leaves the Lynx, or a lighter Heavy, which means a Crow (which i hate).

Also i think you can fit 6 U-AC10s in a Direwolf, but only without armor and very few shots.

what's not to like about the Stormcrow?

also here is one way to play the Direstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmveKR2vN4k

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Its ugly as poo poo.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
I looked at coloring my mech, but it seemed that each color was 1000 mc. That can't be right, can it? :ohdear:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I used to poo poo all over ModPud's face with my LRM5 x6 Mad dogs. But yeah, largely LRMs are bad. I also ran those in a dedicated support fire role for CW

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Bait and Swatch posted:

I looked at coloring my mech, but it seemed that each color was 1000 mc. That can't be right, can it? :ohdear:

Nono, not at all.

There are also colors that are only 500mc.
Some colors appearently are more valuable than others.

gently caress, theres a Crow with 6xMedLasers and an U-AC 20..... im tempted to grind that ugly bitch next.
What are peoples opinions on the nova?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Nono, not at all.

gently caress, theres a Crow with 6xMedLasers and an U-AC 20..... im tempted to grind that ugly bitch next.

don't buy colors because they've been releasing them as rewards for events

Nova is way too big for a 50-tonner (it's literally about 50% too big by volume I think) and is generall bad, but you can fit 12 small lasers on one combo and rip people apart at close range, which is ace and good

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Yolomon Wayne posted:

It's ok with 12 Small lasers or 10 SPL. I have the loyalty one, so I bought another to work on pilot skills.

It's no Stormcrow, of course, but you can straight slice arms and torsos off before they realize you're there.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Today i learned that a 100 ton mech with 95 tons loadout still has 100 tons.
loving poo poo.

i was watching a group of four or five twitch streamers during the initial steam launch who assumed that if you had free tonnage in your load-out, your mech slightly moved faster.

teepo fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 29, 2015

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Nono, not at all.

My brain initially translated this to cbills and I was happy. Then I reread it and now I am dead.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Its ugly as poo poo.

And yet its a better robot than a mad dog.

The nova is a bad robot that I dearly love. It mounts its guns somewhere 30 feet below the surface, so any time you're in terrain you mostly don't have a good shot. It's horribly under gunned for its weight, but doesn't enjoy a big engine for its troubles. What it can do is boat a ton of medium or small lasers on unquirked, badly located, and easily removed arms. Its basically a 'mech you pilot if you want to play clans but feel that its unfair to have a good clan 'mech.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 29, 2015

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

They give them away all the time at events. I think I've gotten 6 since Halloween.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I am confused at the idea of running clan mediums that aren't the stormcrow. Very confused.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Thronde posted:

I used to poo poo all over ModPud's face with my LRM5 x6 Mad dogs. But yeah, largely LRMs are bad. I also ran those in a dedicated support fire role for CW

Same, I did that with my LRM 10 x 5 stormcrow with an MPL in the head for close range punch. It's pretty fun since you can dictate range and most people think you're running SRMs so if you stay at like 400+ they might ignore you.

Not the best use of a stormcrow, but getting 1000+ damage and 4+ kills per match is always fun. Just chainfire on a mech with open sections, clan lrms are great for kill stealing.

Remember kids, the best tears are goon tears.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Devorum posted:

I have the loyalty one,

What?
Explain please.

Ok, so i think the nova is out.
That basically leaves the stormcrow.
With an U-AC20.
Thanks!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Man I am enjoying the dire wolf

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
today i learned clan streak srms have a range of 360m

i hate streakcrows even more

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I'm on the WOL docket now. In as Etreri

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

Man I am enjoying the dire wolf

Me too, it was worth the grind.

Theres so many combinations of loadouts, i cant decide which one i want die with without shooting once.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

teepo posted:

today i learned clan streak srms have a range of 360m

i hate streakcrows even more

But they love you!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Well I had 1 grasshopper sitting around since I really got into this steam release so I decided to elite a set, they're kinda alright if you grab the ones with the energy hardpoints on the shoulders. They're abit taller than most mechs which lets you peek abit better while being a larger target, but they're also quite thin too making their weapons converge alittle better.

Also playing with some cataphracts which are like the opposite of grasshoppers, short, stout, weapons don't converge as well but dual/triple UAC/5s are a motherfucker.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

What's a good mastery bundle if I were going to make a bad financial decision? All the ones I've been considering (Stalker, Blackjack) have a chassis I already own in them, which makes them seem pointless to buy.

Fil5000 posted:

I am confused at the idea of running clan mediums that aren't the stormcrow. Very confused.

I enjoy the Stormcrow, but it is the ugliest 'Mech in the game and I can't put up with it forever.

Also, I was given a free Nova.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

What?
Explain please.

Back in October they gave out various anniversary loyalty 'Mechs for different things, and one of them was a Nova with awful hardpoints but a 30% C-bill bonus.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 29, 2015

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bait and Swatch posted:

My brain initially translated this to cbills and I was happy. Then I reread it and now I am dead.

There are a few colours for cbills.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Bait and Swatch posted:

You can buy the basic colours for 1.5mill. Red, blue and orange I think.

You get three colours if you grab one of the Steam mech packs too. The cheapest pack has the ECM Cheetah and ECM Raven with cbill bonus, so that doesn't seem like the worst idea in the world.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 29, 2015

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

sebmojo posted:

There are a few colours for cbills.

If you filter colors by "basic", you get 5 colors for 1.250.000 bills each.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Drakes posted:

Well I had 1 grasshopper sitting around since I really got into this steam release so I decided to elite a set, they're kinda alright if you grab the ones with the energy hardpoints on the shoulders. They're abit taller than most mechs which lets you peek abit better while being a larger target, but they're also quite thin too making their weapons converge alittle better.

Also playing with some cataphracts which are like the opposite of grasshoppers, short, stout, weapons don't converge as well but dual/triple UAC/5s are a motherfucker.

When the opportunity arises you should get that Marauder chassis with 3 ballistic hardpoints in the right torso.

Slap in a STD280 so you're doing slightly over 60kph and you can happily boat 3 AC5s with a shitload of ammo and a couple medium lasers in the arms.

If three AC5s are good then having three always striking the same components is even better.

Forgot to mention the cherry on this cake: The marauder is basically a heavy stalker so you can keep your nose on target forever while you fire those ACs endlessly without overheating. Don't forget your weapon cooldown module.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 29, 2015

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Gonna try to get into Mediums and I've decided I want more crabs in my life. I'm looking at getting the CRB-20 or the 27... leaning towards the 20 (because it's cheaper, but the mounts dont seem too bad). Seems like all of the Crabs are energy weapon based. Which I'm not too familiar with as I usually use ballistics. I've looked up builds for the 20 so far, and it's between mount pulse lasers or straight up lasers. Anyone got any particular ideas? Or should I try out this weird Large/Medium Pulse build?

e: Also, I have a strong love for my King Crab. That fucker just wrecks fools.

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 29, 2015

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Our Lord and Saviour has seen my blight and decided in his unending wisdom to announce the following:

quote:

Greetings MechWarriors,

Clan DropShip division Commanders have instituted the following increase to their Faction Play tonnage limits:

All Clan Factions: DropDeck tonnage limits have been increased from 160-250 tonnes to 160-255 tonnes until further notice.

Holy loving poo poo, i can my mechs now fit.
Happy Christmech to you all!

Bankerfox
Oct 11, 2012
I have been trying some of the trial clan mechs; tried the shadow cat with gauss and I am in love. What are good clan options for gauss builds?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Yeah just wiggle the nose on your marauder to tank damage. It's great. I was cored out in about 3 seconds the other day while in full wiggle mode making me think maybe aimbots are a thing.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yeah just wiggle the nose on your marauder to tank damage. It's great. I was cored out in about 3 seconds the other day while in full wiggle mode making me think maybe aimbots are a thing.

Elevation is also a thing. Anyone higher than your marauder can basically shoot at your CT freely if they're competent* at aiming and understand how the hitboxes work. Those arms shield nothing and the long nose is a massive liability from side angles - especially above and to the side.

Or it could be aimbots :shrug:

*Most people are gently caress awful at aiming so this isn't a big deal.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Let me hold on to my delusions of adequacy :colbert:

EDIT: As a christmas present to myself I bought the mauler pack (Because it's one of my fave battlemechs) and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

I never would have figured slapping 3 LBX AC-10's into a battlemech along with SRM's would actually work worth a poo poo. It actually works really well, and light mechs just disintegrate.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 29, 2015

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Bankerfox posted:

I have been trying some of the trial clan mechs; tried the shadow cat with gauss and I am in love. What are good clan options for gauss builds?

Direwolf.
The answer to these questions is always The Direwolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

DancingShade posted:

*Most people are gently caress awful at aiming so this isn't a big deal.

Pubs who apparently have a seizure whenever they click their mouse. Cockeyed aiming at the ground beside their target. Aimbots that miss every shot because they're using autocannons. It is truly a wondrous game.

• Locked thread