Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

On Jenova, one of the servers where house plot purchasing was broken, people have literally been camping out in front of their "reserved" plots since the 25th. Continuously. Not playing the game other than to sit there and attempt to lay claim to something they can't actually buy until tomorrow morning.

Shout chat is going to be so goddamn full of salt tomorrow morning when all those plots get sniped up by people who are able to log in right after maintenance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I spotted a couple goons in there.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Thundarr posted:

On Jenova, one of the servers where house plot purchasing was broken, people have literally been camping out in front of their "reserved" plots since the 25th. Continuously. Not playing the game other than to sit there and attempt to lay claim to something they can't actually buy until tomorrow morning.

Shout chat is going to be so goddamn full of salt tomorrow morning when all those plots get sniped up by people who are able to log in right after maintenance.

Please make sure to post

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Griz posted:

you can buy carbontwine/coat with poetics to upgrade it to i130, but that's only worth doing for the weapon.

Only worth doing for the bard weapon, the rest are ugly.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

motherfucking art

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Thundarr posted:

There is no mafia. There are only poopsockers.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Are people seriously still doing the "master race" thing? Come on, it's 2016 in like three days.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Took a chunk of people through coil tonight and got around 2000 poetics for my trouble. This is the most enjoyable way to farm the relic imo.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Badger of Basra posted:

Who should I talk to if I want to join?

Assuming you're in PBC, DGKK, or TPT, just ask if anyone's online in your respective linkshell. Each goon FC has a number of people available to invite. Otherwise, I, Knives Jonquil, could invite you. Just note that most days I don't get on until after midnight CST due to my job.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

kafziel posted:

Are people seriously still doing the "master race" thing? Come on, it's 2016 in like three days.

You sound like a dhalmel.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
That Lalafell video got me looking at Denmo's channel again and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbLr1c27r78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75nMJZa46tM

(The second video - so. many. times. :( )

Christ, this game is really pretty. If only SE would pull the stick out of their rear end, not make the worst commercials known to man/no advertising and do something like this that would make people go "what the hell game is that?"

In a good way, I mean - not in the live-action commercial way.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Thundarr posted:

For the love of god, screencap this and :justpost:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
New player: How hard is Urth's Fount in comparison to other content?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Get goons, receive loot.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Get goons, receive loot.

That's true for most content except things like Alexander Savage and ThordEX.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

e: nevermind someone else got it earlier.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

temple posted:

New player: How hard is Urth's Fount in comparison to other content?

It's goddamn trivial unsync'd above 50. If you do it at 50-cap, it's got a moderate DPS check (more in the general competence bucket than in the elite pushing to the limit bucket) and healing may be a bit rough too. NB: unsync'd or not, Selene's AoE cleanse is wonderful in that fight.

Recommend grabbing some friends and/or goons and unsyncing it. Duty finder will definitely be 50-cap, likely have long queues, and will probably be a poo poo-show even if a queue does pop.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Vil posted:

Duty finder will definitely be 50-cap, likely have long queues, and will probably be a poo poo-show even if a queue does pop.
That's 100% true. Odin is probably the hardest fight I've seen so I was wondering if the rest of the game is that hard or not. But I've figured it out, just gotta find some healers that can manage it.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I keep getting [30413] [20496] errors when trying to download this game. Tried reinstalling, restarting, disabling firewalls, installing directly in my c directory and trying different networks as well. Is there some other way to download this game?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

30413 is a port error, and 20496 is a general download error. Things to check/try:

- Tell your antivirus to gently caress off for a while.
- Make sure you're not downloading onto a drive that's out of room.
- Make sure the FF14 folders in Program Files and My Games aren't set as read-only.
- Open/forward ports on your router (UDP 55296-55551, TCP 80, 8080, 443, 55296-55551).
- If you're trying to download over wifi, try plugging in an actual ethernet cable.

Also a bit of googling suggests moving the exe files from the boot folder after getting the download started, then moving then back afterward. I have no idea why that would help anything, but it apparently anecdotally helped a few people. :shrug:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
R4WU W6K7 62BA 2EG7 75HB

if anyone wants it :effort:

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Any goon bad enough to slap together a Sky Pirate's Coat of Fending? Have mats, require the goon. Please let me know. Got it made.

Zeg fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 29, 2015

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Welp, lobby server looks like it broke pretty hard. Got bumped out of game and can't connect to any data center now.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

R4WU W6K7 62BA 2EG7 75HB

if anyone wants it :effort:

Swiped this, thanks :)

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Since I don't need another FFXIV account, here's a free key: R4WE 4WTP 5S7W PSU6 22B4

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Kwyndig posted:

That's true for most content except things like Alexander Savage and ThordEX.

And yet somehow, we keep having to tell people.

I mean, come on, you've got a community of people who are at *least* as enthusiastic about the game as you, loving leverage that poo poo.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Goons are just pubbies with :10bux:.

Sunshine Bandit
Oct 12, 2006

Machai posted:

I keep getting [30413] [20496] errors when trying to download this game. Tried reinstalling, restarting, disabling firewalls, installing directly in my c directory and trying different networks as well. Is there some other way to download this game?

Set your Preferred and Alternate DNS server address on your network card to 4.4.4.4 and 8.8.8.8

This instantly solved the issue for me (after the rest of the stuff that was suggested in that other post failed).

Once the installer finishes you can let your computer go back to auto-assigning it if you want (although not really needed).

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

SwissArmyDruid posted:

And yet somehow, we keep having to tell people.

I mean, come on, you've got a community of people who are at *least* as enthusiastic about the game as you, loving leverage that poo poo.

Or more likely they've already asked and got no response. Ever tried getting goons to run old content? Or even new content? It's faster to just queue rather than waste time.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Should I just not do quests? I am lvl 12 now - not seeing anything like factions to please, quest rewards are underwhelming, travel time is not great/lots of running around. I feel like I should just be grinding and doing story/class quests but then again I don't know if I would miss out on other good quests by skipping out on quests. I enjoy the little stories but particularly getting poo poo equipment as a reward for going from point a to b repeatedly is such a turn off.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Belzac posted:

Goons are just pubbies without :10bux:.

ftfy

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

rio posted:

Should I just not do quests? I am lvl 12 now - not seeing anything like factions to please, quest rewards are underwhelming, travel time is not great/lots of running around. I feel like I should just be grinding and doing story/class quests but then again I don't know if I would miss out on other good quests by skipping out on quests. I enjoy the little stories but particularly getting poo poo equipment as a reward for going from point a to b repeatedly is such a turn off.

Beast tribe quests show up around level 45-ish, so not for a while. Use the chocobo travel things to move between places quicker, and at level 20-ish you get your own after you join a grand company and do the My Little Chocobo quest at level 20. Focus on doing the main story quests, you don't need to do anything else unless you're not high enough level to do the story. You won't get permanently locked out of doing quests or anything, you can always do them on a different class if you want. Here's a list of level-gated unlockables.

The story is definitely a little slow, but it picks up around level 35.

vOv fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 30, 2015

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Valle posted:

Since I don't need another FFXIV account, here's a free key: *snip*

If it hasn't been snagged yet, I'll grab it. Game wants me to wait a day before using it on my trial account.

Pumpkinreaper fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 30, 2015

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

So, it's the time, the time to name all those little things of the game that you dislike or would like to change! And here I have mine, they are a lot but also not all.

- Crafters.
- That battle things have necessity of crafters
- That crafters gain 99% gil and fighters 1%. It's not even balanced to a 70-30 or something.
- Gatherers.
- That most of gathering contest is gated by hours and annoying things I can't afford to do because I like to go battle instead and be in dungeon.
- Relic farming requiring of, AGAIN, HQ expensive crafting stuff.
- Doing PvP with a team of headless chickens that split too much, die too much, can't even battle.
- Still doing, despite that team of headless chickens the most kills of the battle.
- Doing the triple DPS or more than the other DPS in duty finder
- Two healers just healing in alexander normal.
- Tanks in tank stance during dungeon bosses, and with full vit accesories.
- Healers who seem to be looking at the stars while the tank just pulled one group of monsters.
- Healers who think that cleric stance is also removed in PvE.
- Healers in PvP that let you die when only one or two DPS is hitting you, you are in their range, the party damage is not that high, and you have battle fever.
- Heavy,bind,sleep,stunt debuffs.
- When I enter queue for PvP and the full group is made of DPS jobs.
- When I beg to said group to change for healers and then point me to do it myself even if I promised to NEVER heal again since 2.4 cleric stance's removal.
- When I'm the only one in a PvP match that is trying to heal the only healer the enemy team has.
- When I get undercutted in market for the only stuff that I sell and bother to craft, especially if this happens due to a newbie coming to my business.
- When I get undecutted in market due to the same ones of always that have been mooonths bi*****ng me.
- The melee limit break of PvP areas. Raw destruction of death.
- Having to use vit accesories just so I can survive the Raw destruction of death.
- Chasing an enemy battle fever or battle high and when I have it almost dead see that thousand enemies appears from under the rocks to kill me.
- Moogles, and their quests of moghome.
- Macros including moogles as way to say hi or good job.
- The Hunt. And everything related to that content, the hunt linkshells, the elite marks themselves, the "inv" spam... Everything. (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...rama-starting*)
- Someone petting my lala.
- Other lalafell that ignore my lala when she hugs them.
- The existance of skills like Emergency Tactics, Shield swipe (pre-3.1), Haymaker (in PvE), Freeze, Wanderer's Paeon and a lot more
- Fixing funny interesting bugs, like when we could make our character's size scale around 40% more... super lala!...
- Not being able to use cleric stance in PvP.
- Accuracy caps, especially when I want to DPS as healer.
- Having to make my BiS 600 SS for my DRG, while also dealing with the accuracy cap.
- When I use my Huton macro for pulling in 20 seconds and the tanks decides to pull early, messng my supreme starter.
- When I use my Huton macro for pulling in 20 seconds and the tank decides to just ignore and not pull.
- When I [...] and I just pull and the tank decides to let me die because "Puller"
- When when when... I get kicked because I didn't accept raise after the tank left me die and they had to be 15 minutes with the first boss of Arboretum. (Lie, I was released of that horrible party, thanks for the kick)
- When I'm ninja and I don't have any warrior in party, or the one I have decides that using storm's path is awesome.
- When they tell me to LB, especially because I hate to LB, it won't deal more damage based in my DPS anyways, the other DPS can do it.
- When the tank after a big pull starts to moving again even if he still has some monsters with him that are not dead, especially because my TP regen or MP regen if I go as healer don't restore that gud because being 'in combat'.
- When a new tank doesn't uses mitigation and tank killers and the peasants who don't have tanks or heals instantly blame me for being in cleric stance.
- When in dungeon as tank I see that the WHM has a trauma with regen.
- In low level dungeons, medica spammers, medica spammers everywhere, can't DPS because have to aggro.
- Berserk macros. I don't use a berserk macro with my warrior, can't they live with 5s pacification?.... A healer GCD is more valuable than your two GCD.
- When I go bard and use Foe Requiem in a party that has no casters, and then some melee says "Why you Foe?", and I look at the healers who have not the courage to say "You noob, it's because we healers can DPS too. "
- When I have to use Mage's ballad in duty finder. When I see other BRD use mage's ballad in duty finder. When healers run out of mana in easy content.
- The fact that skill speed doesn't give us a TP reduction bonus, making it a dreadful bonus in our gears, except for DRG 600 SS rotation.
- Not doing adlo crit despite having all gear with crit.
- Myself for still not seeing any utility for "Dissipation" outside PvP.
- People in forum that b****s me about opening a new thread because there was one with the same thing. Especially after I took my time to make it.
- Liking to use all jobs, have them all 60, but not having the time nor possibility to gear them full (Especially because caps.) Thus, not being competitive despite having the skill and knowledge for it.
- When I go as tank and I want to DPS but the other tank also wants to DPS, main tank not defined.
- Astrologians in PvP, they are so annoying to kill, especially the skilled ones.
- The fact that the PvP EXP and the wolf marks doesn't go escalated based on your own participation, but only on the team result.
- The fact that victories of all your grand companies doesn't count toward ADS mount. I have 415 victories and the achievement stills at 196... I even got the field commander's coat before the ADS mount....
- Not being able to change between retainers when using ventures... ( You have to talk with one retainer, send him to a venture, close, go to the other retainer.... x8 )
- Animation locking the effect of some skills like benediction... Damage and effect of some skills being delayed like Butcher's block... (Even if I can cancel animation)
- When I'm with my BLM and everyone decides to stack close to me.
- Using transpose too fast after a flare will result sometimes into that you are still in umbral fire, with 0 MP, and nothing to do for almost 10 seconds... (Should report it as a bug perhaps, happens way too often)
- Machinist. Because my BRD does higher damage with worse weapon and less sacrifice.
- Titan egi, garuda egi, ifrit egi. And the fact they have been teasing us for ages with a glamour system to give me carbuncle back.
- My raid team, sometimes, others are getting the server first and second clears and they seem to not care at all, busy playing twenty different games at same time.
- The priority of some things. They made a Haurchefant minion before finishing the egi glamours promised ages ago.
- The Diadem, and everything related to it, the RNG items there drop, the boredom of the content, I have only done it three times and because accompanying raid group
- The fact that I need three other people to do stuff with airship. I have my solo guild and the airship is in construction since 5 months ago.
- Whenever someone boasts of all the materia their airships bring them.
- Materia in the actual gear, that is going to happen in 3.2
- When a healer gives me regen during a pull.
- When I tell to a healer that he can heal me (That not regen) in-between doing the pull and he regens.
- When I use the Perfect Balance macro, it says 40 seconds remaining, and the tank pulls because he doesn't care at all.
- Duty roulette expert = Pharos Sirius, Duty roulette 60 = Neverreap, Duty roulette 50 = Keeper of the Lake, Duty trial = The Chrysallis, Main Scenarion roulette = Castrum Meridianum. Repeat that combination 10 consecutive days.
- Queueing for PvP Roulette and getting a 24p Secure.....
- PvP 24p Secure, it's boring, long, and campy, except when I can go to attack the enemies solo without the team kicking me.
- That instead of skipping the last phase of the new relic using our old, we only skip the lesser fate farm...
- New fate farm is not even remotely close to the terror of atma farm.
- Not being able to personalize my combat style, upgrading skills in different ways, having tree specs, etc....
- But instead, crafters have their specialization stuffs...
- When in PvP I have an enemy with 0.001% and then, bam, benediction.
- That the kills count is based in the last hit and not in damage dealt, It's totally flawd... I hate to have three times more damage than others sometimes and less kills.
- That there are not any news regarding solving the flawed system that counts kills... Even if the game already has the methods for it (for example, you don't get x loot from certain monsters except if you deal at least a certain % of the damage.
- When I do a 1 vs 1 in PVP seal rock, the other dude starts running away, and when he's at 10%, an ally, or enemy of other Grand company finishes him.
- TP management with Paladin.
- When I'm struggling with my TP as Paladin and a the group warrior asks for Goad.
- When I have 25-30 minutes to clear a dungeon or roulette before going back to work, and, despite all my effort, the team is so bad that I have to quit close to the final boss or a bit after the second. (Chances of getting decent people when doing that are of 0.5%)
- A3S, when I'm there as MNK and I get damage debuff, because with our strat that means I have to stack with group and RIP my DPS.
- A1S, when I solo healed the first part when undergeared and people said it was easy, while, having to still save enough MP for the rest of the fight and dealing with peeps using B4b when during prey and the tank being in sword oath.
- A3S, when I was there as healer and we couldn't reach the final phase despite being super easy to heal and boring.
- A2S, when the summoner boasts of having super DPS there even if I was just 200-300 DPS behind despite being MNK and not getting goad.
- When in DF with pugs, having to be the one using protect. 99% healers are super fast doing swifcast + raise but then ignore to protect the fallen ones.
- When someone raises and uses an action immediately after, while area damage was going on, thus, becoming a WtRA (Worthless to Raise Anymore)
- When I want to go as AST to some hard content or savage and people tells me that AST are not capable, especially after 3.07.
- When I suggested I could just Celestial Opposition some pistons during the 4 adds in A3S and everyone just laughed.
- A1 normal, when farming it with decent damage DPS but they keep hitting nonstop the OPP, ignoring 0.5 and killing us all.
- "Hello, I'm new here" -> 5 hours later -> "GG, thanks". (Please, the correct greeting is "Hello, I'm new using my job, and also new in this map")
- I know I repeat myself a bit, but, having to check the market board after any single run of Alexander normal, just because the same ones always undercutting.
- People whining about miqo'te being a human with cat ears and cat tail, and not about elezen being a tall human with just pointy ears.
- Levequests, I still don't know their utility at all, for wasting time with those I do roulettes or dungeons.
- Whenever I finally manage to have 3 or 4 jobs full and I can be competitive with those, a new patch comes and all the gear I obtained becomes melty snow
- Dark Knight in PvP, especially because it was my first 60 and only one I could use for a while... How come can we use our MP if we are in 'in combat' despite being miles away from enemies during minutes? Our MP just suffers too much.
- When two or three competent PvPers are camping our base, I advise people and they just run away without wanting to help at all.
- Ninjas that use doton in single target. And this happened for months in a massive way after 2.4, I swear it stills happening, especially DF.
- When someone asks me to help with a clear for a friend. I do never ask help for clears.
- When someone asks me for gil... I have a mansion and a mid house, dat's true, but ZERO gil, I'm not a crafter, took me time to save the money.
- When someone brags that had more DPS than me with his main while I'm using an undergeared DPS class. Only my monk is i210.
- Mudra lagg and seeing a bunny appear.... Oh, wait... This one is fixed! (Thanks SE!)
- The old pre-nerf Steps of Faith, because my DPS was not enough to clear it when the group was dumb. Thanks god now it is.
- The gobmachine of A2 and A2S, have never used it nor plan to use it, I have to DPS.
- The PS3. That outdated hardware is making our lifes worse and giving us a lot of troubles, admit it. I want more inventory, more free retainers, more customization, different horn with aura face, different ear styles in miqo'te....
- Twintania mount not being a raid rare mount, and having to see many peasants using it....
- The gigantoads and any similar toad monster, they are the most gross and creepy monster they managed to do. Luckily the beast lovers didn't ask for them to be playable characters.
- East Shroud, that map should just simply not exist. It is more passable now that the little sylph doesn't "heavy" us all the time thanks to our level 60.
- Minfilia. I really really really dislike her and all those who clone her aswell.... She only talks, gives us missions and... Really, we could replace Minfilia with anyone else and we wouldn't notice difference, well, yes, being less annoying.
- 99% of every gauntlet of the game, 90% of every shoe-boots, 90% of every head accessory. They are just so ugly... Most of my lalafell glamours are either with head accesories that are circlet-like or small coronets, or not head accesories, emperor's hand, emperor's shoes, or thavnarian sandals.
- Dreadwyrm gear not being dyable, especially after allagan gear announced to be dyable.
- RNG, I needed to do 102 T11 runs for getting my BLM chest... I only saw it appear 3 times and had bad luck looting. I got so tired of it that have not gone in since I got my '102 chest'.
- People that says they hate RNG too and they tell me some chinese tales of their painful travel to the lands of merry xmas and how they needed to do 22458428407522222 A4 runs to get 4 shafts.
- Miqo'te ears. Am I only one that thing those ears are just... Wrong? That seem some small-rabbit ears or something? Those are not cat ears!... The small miqo'te NPCs you can find in Ydillshire and Mor Dhona have better ears!...
- Haurchefant, for dying protecting me... Now I feel bad... I didn't ask him to... But he did it anyways... Baka...
- Crafters, again, this time the fact that doing difficult content only gives you materials for a crafter to craft something... So, still, your prize is not yours because you still need a crafter to craft it...
- Loosing Greased Lightning III with my monk, that's one of most annoying things that happened ever to me during game... Luckily it doesn't happen that often now, especially if you are awesome.
- Enemy paladins in Seal Rock with no other thing to do than shield bashing me.
- Aurum Vale, I'll always have a trauma with that dungeon, had it when doing it for the three grand companies rank up, when having to do it for all my relics atma books... Instant ragequit when roulette places me there, eating the bonus with pride.
- People that doesn't know how to do an Aurum Vale death-run for speedrunning it in 15 minutes.
- People that goes into "We need exp" mode into a dungeon... I leveled all classes to 60 and never forced anyone to take more monsters. Instead, doing the dungeon faster means being able to doing it more times, what, at the long road, is more exp and happiness to everyone, but, it's not like they'll believe me anyways.
- Not being able to use certain glamours with other jobs, not even as a gift for being all 60, or having a certain class overgeared, or raid content, or PVP, just simple no way to gear that glamour with other job... (And I doubt it's a problem of physics.. you can try on a dreadwyrm robe of casting while using your daggers, looks funny but not deformed or something).
- MNK and NIN not sharing gear like they did with all pre-110 gear. This counts to the "I hate I can't be max geared with all my jobs" Was it REALLY needed to add 'scouting' gear?... If I like to play all melees, DRG doesn't share left side, only right. And NIN doesn't share even accesories, nothing at all....
- Doing expert roulette in DF as healer or tank, 3.1 content, feeling like 2.1 DPS.
- Going as tank to PvP, harrass and even be annoying as hell with the enemy healer, end with less damage taken than when I go with SMN or BLM...
- When a tank starts to get enemies one by one and number them... Hey! I also take them one by one with my PLD for more damage, especially if no area DPS... But I deal with it and try to aggro all without going lazy just marking, even if it'd be proper because sword oath.
- DPS that eat all the damages they can just because are too obsessed with DEEPS... Being good DPS is not to put high DEEPs only, but to not ignore adds or mess up the mechanics while doing it.
- Everything airship related, I can't even make one because the already mentioned limitation making it... What's worse is that you'll still to bother other three persons every single time you want to do something?
- FC recruitment spams... I have seen the same macro of some FCs even for years already... Come on, some don't even bother to make it change a little. "We are a friendly FC who welcomes everyone and all levels and wants to get fun, laughs, be social, and have a good time". Waiting already for a recruitment message like "We are a sad FC, we want only serious quiet person or raiders, we won't help you through content, we don't give cookies"
- Having my FC solo, but with the applications accepted and have only received one application in sixth months, of one strange new player that didn't even talk. (I'm not good at spamming macros nor begging for people to join)
- Minimap closing. You have a feature to lock it so it doesn't closes when I press the square button of the gamepad, but it still closes when I press circle... Thus, this feature is a bit useless. I tend to close the map without wanting it during PvP matches.
- The team panicking in a PvP match and withdrawing and letting allies die and being chased when we were having the upper hand of the battle and winning. Fear is powerful.
- Healers that when the things go bad, instead of entering into 'high alert' mode, they enter into 'high panic' mode and mess it the double. You can be telling them to do healer LB and they'll be so nervous that won't even remember where they have it, or what it is at all.
- When you have been healing like crazy an impossible match, or DPSing it a lot enough to burn it so... Everyone dies but a tank using hallowed ground, holmgang or Living dead manages to kill the 1%. Then the 7 commends for the tank, because he's awesome.
- 24 pve raids. If SE would make a hardcore 24 PvE raid we would have the most difficult content ever, the more people needed the more dumb actions made and the more errors... And that's why SE .... CAN'T release hard content for 4 people, because it's not possible to make it.
- When my raid group dismantles.... (Well, lie, this doesn't annoy me... This totally breaks my mood. )
- Gold Saucer, didn't even unlock it. I still having a well-grown youth or something like that close to Ul'dah aetheryte, not having time for crafting even less for minigames.
- My chocobo, for being a bird brain companion. Level 20 didn't help out. I hate that when I put him in healer stance he has the need of staying 2 yards from me, starting to eat every single AoE there exists. And if I let it in free stance he just betrays me and is more worried about doing better DPS than me that of healing.
- I already said gatherers bother me, but, especially fisher bothers me the triple, because you can't even obtain what you want... Well, that's logic, you are fishing, but, hey, you have to carry around twenty different baiths and stuff in your inventory.
- Speaking about inventory, I hate it, it's too small, messy, and I waste too much time cleaning it and checking retainers... Sometimes I just don't bother anymore and don't even do the quick explorations because inventory is full already.
- Roegadyn and au ra male, they are too big and ugly to fit into this wonderful world. As a cute lalafell I can't stand that.
- Going to a 24p raid as summoner, wondering if my DoT are just not being displayed, or not even ticking. Not bothering going SMN there anymore.
- Grand company based frontlines and seal rock. They are the canker of our queues, no utility being on one or another at all, just to be changing to try catch a good queue.
- When you just changed grand company because useless teams in PvP were being too often, you check your glamour and something you were using that was related to that grand company doesn't display anymore. (Especially flame's elite skirt! )
- Getting quarantine in A4 when about to use Blizzard IV, or when being dragoon.
- Last boss from Amdapor Keep Hard.... WE CAN'T... SPEEDRUN IT... And I hate to seeing him and his hilarious form for too long.
- Vanu Vanu's sundance emote in females... Especially hilarious in my female lalafell, seems like a robotic dance.
- Teledji Adeledji and Lord Lolorito, those bakas are giving bad fame to the cute and sweet master race...
- Thancred making a show of his rogue skills prior to 2.4 ninja hype.
- Urianger's strange "thou hast lots of speech"
- Being able to see the future sometimes, I'm going to be criticalized for making my own thread when there's something about the same, see?
- You, for comparing me with grumpy cat. I didn't even post the 100% of things that bugs me. Lack of time.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

edit:^^^ That gives me such god drat deja vu every time I see it.

rio posted:

This isn't the best guide (It comes from the worst site for one) but it's a good outline for what unlocks at what level, and what quest you need to do it. Someone has a better one, if they could post it that would rule.

http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Content_Unlock

Important things to look for are the Challenge Log, Chocobo mount, Chocobo companion (same chocobo), and various things like the ability to dye clothes or change your hair.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

rio posted:

There are some sidequests that unlock things like the Gold Saucer and equipment dyes, the Challenge Log (a way to get bonus XP and Gil for stuff you're probably already doing), things like that. vOv already linked it. The gear you get is generally the same as any gear you can buy at vendors around the world at low-level, but you can always take the Allagan coins to sell.

It's been said many times in this thread that sidequests do not benefit from the Armory Bonus that classes below your highest-level combat class get, so there's no real point to avoiding sidequests on anything other than the main class you plan on leveling up. That having been said, if you find this aspect of the game boring, you can always just run dungeons starting at level 15, which will level you much faster than quests will, especially on new classes.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Sunshine Bandit posted:

Set your Preferred and Alternate DNS server address on your network card to 4.4.4.4 and 8.8.8.8

This instantly solved the issue for me (after the rest of the stuff that was suggested in that other post failed).

Once the installer finishes you can let your computer go back to auto-assigning it if you want (although not really needed).

thank you, this is what did it

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Unironically agree with everything about crafting and gathering. That poo poo only drags MMOs down.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Of course they're a Lalafell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Of course they're a Lalafell

Once in a while you get a bad spud. That's life.

• Locked thread