Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

let's play agricopoop

it's like agricola, except that what you're farming... is poop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

if you can't get enough poop to feed your buttfamily, you'll lose lubepoints, so watch out

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Lottery of Babylon posted:

let's play agricopoop

All the different animals and crops are replaced with brown cubes for everything.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

tragedy pooper

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I thought people here preferred Mage Shite.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I prefer Shiticulture.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
7 Shitters

Also known as the people who post in this thread.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Aerox posted:

I prefer Shiticulture.

Between Two Shittys appeals more to the casual gamer, though.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

let's play agricopoop

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Poo The Ages, Turd Edition
Fury of Dookula

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Dominant Shits

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Tanto Cuore

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Hey guys I've got this great idea: you place dicks on a board and make patterns to summon erections. Make bigger patterns to summon ejaculations which can wipe out swaths of enemy boners.

Edit: a game where you bid on ships full of virgins called Deflower

Jimbozig fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 29, 2015

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Twilight Impooium 3
Turdlight Struggle
Talisman: Magical crap game
Turda Mystica
Poodemic
Poofinder Cards
Minge Knight
Dopeminion
Wetlers of Catan
Ticket to Ride (cock)
Fuxx

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Poonanza
Shitadels
Merchant of Penis
Blood Bowel
Chodenames

Edit: Galaxy Fucker

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

As much as I hate the loving non-game Cards Against Humanity, this* even misses the point of CAH's humor. People don't like CAH just because it has naughty words on it (unless they are literally 10 years old and saying words behind their mom's back that would get their mouth washed out with soap).

*for clarity, I mean the dumb curse word codenames

Guy A. Person fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 29, 2015

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yopi is the Japanese word for reading the bladder of your opponent.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Guy A. Person posted:

As much as I hate the loving non-game Cards Against Humanity, this even misses the point of CAH's humor. People don't like CAH just because it has naughty words on it (unless they are literally 10 years old and saying words behind their mom's back that would get their mouth washed out with soap).

We're not making fun of CAH. We're making fun of the dirty codenames upthread.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Jimbozig posted:

We're not making fun of CAH. We're making fun of the dirty codenames upthread.

That is also what I am referring to

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Edit: Galaxy Fucker

Lol if this isn't what you already call it anyways

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

taser rates posted:

Lol if this isn't what you already call it anyways

The correct name is obviously Star Truk.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

canyoneer posted:

Fury of Dookula

Surely this would be Fury of Diarrhoea?

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Broken Loose posted:

The Big Issue vis-à-vis the future of Final Attack! is that, well, when I started the whole project a few years back Kickstarter was a different landscape. It was a place for bright minds to push ideas and make them into reality. It's now a storefront for established companies who in most cases obviously have alternate, equally effective revenue streams or storefront options. It's still one of the best (and only) available options for me to make my game happen, but the crowdfunding game has changed. I didn't want to admit it going in-- I thought I was bigger and smarter than the truth, but the only way to compete in the KS ecosystem is to already have a significant amount of money on hand and a product that is already 95% complete. This is a shift not unlike the rise of unpaid internships, where a barrier has been erected that keeps out people that can't afford to get in the door. The vast majority of my effort and struggles getting the game back online is related to getting enough money to afford to ask for money.

You say this now, and you said this when the Kickstarter failed, but it's BS. You treated the Kickstarter like it was just going to magically fund itself. You claimed you were setting up some things with BBG, none of it ever panned out. You disappeared for two weeks in the middle of the campaign. You didn't seem to advertise it or promote it in any way. You just thought you had something great, and that it was just going to make tons of money for no reason.

Don't get me wrong, I hope all the best for your project, and I hope you can pull something cool together (it seems like a great idea, but I have no interest in PnP), but trying to play the "lowly underdog in a corporate world" is not being truthful to what actually happened.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
BL should contact Mike Z and get Robo Fortune in FA! As cross promotion

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Guy A. Person posted:

As much as I hate the loving non-game Cards Against Humanity, this* even misses the point of CAH's humor. People don't like CAH just because it has naughty words on it (unless they are literally 10 years old and saying words behind their mom's back that would get their mouth washed out with soap).

*for clarity, I mean the dumb curse word codenames

It's Apples to Apples with rude words. What else am I missing?

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

You're never fully dressed without a smile...
:yikes:

fake edit: Alien Frontits....Fisterium

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I thought FA did encouragingly well, raising well over 10k despite launching with no prior fans or prior hype of the launch (and no BGG entry) and - at least from an average backer's perspective - no real engagement during the campaign. It didn't even have a real name/person or real picture attached to it at first as the creator (which is important to create trust).

Same events have different meanings to different people though and I think the lessons learned worked be different depending on who you ask.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

zandert33 posted:

You say this now, and you said this when the Kickstarter failed, but it's BS. You treated the Kickstarter like it was just going to magically fund itself. You claimed you were setting up some things with BBG, none of it ever panned out. You disappeared for two weeks in the middle of the campaign. You didn't seem to advertise it or promote it in any way. You just thought you had something great, and that it was just going to make tons of money for no reason.

Don't get me wrong, I hope all the best for your project, and I hope you can pull something cool together (it seems like a great idea, but I have no interest in PnP), but trying to play the "lowly underdog in a corporate world" is not being truthful to what actually happened.

So I got roped into playing Time Stories: The Marcy Case this weekend. I haven't played Asylum so I can't compare.

I guess for a 1.5 hour group choose your own adventure book, it's alright but I would never buy into the system and never request to play it.

Massive spoilers if you give a poo poo: The whole adventure is basically Resident Evil fan fiction. The evil corporation who is making the zombies use an umbrella as their symbol. Oh did I mention zombies? gently caress I'm sick of zombies.

So, we went through the loop twice to find the most efficient way through and on the third time basically just said "gently caress it" and fast-forwarded to the end because it's seriously only about 5-10 minutes of activity to get to the end game once you know what to do. What amazing gameplay. Of course certain reviewers are calling it one of the top 5 or better games of the year. Jesus Christ.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

let's play agricopoop

I could have sworn there already was a mushroom farming Euro

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

zandert33 posted:

You didn't seem to advertise it or promote it in any way.

I don't know enough about the campaign to argue with your key points, but how does "you didn't advertise" contradict "I didn't have the money to run a Kickstarter". Unless by "advertise" you mean just posting threads on various board game forums or whatever, and not "advertise" in the sense of buying actual ads.

canyoneer posted:

It's Apples to Apples with rude words. What else am I missing?

I'm certainly not going to get in an argument defending a game I hate, but there is at least a modicum of effort trying to pick things from the current culture that could be milked for (super dumb) humor. It's not like they took existing Apples to Apples cards and replaced all the non-proper nouns with dick and poop synonyms. Which is what the Codenames guy did exactly.

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

sonatinas posted:

Dominant Shits

Dominant Feces.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Archenteron posted:

I could have sworn there already was a mushroom farming Euro

You expect a Goon to have Morels? Most of them can't even spell it.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

CAH is A2A with memes and dogwhistles.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Gimnbo posted:

CAH is A2A with memes and dogwhistles.

:agreed:

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Jedit posted:

You expect a Goon to have Morels? Most of them can't even spell it.

I have Morels. It's pretty fun but it's a lot more like Jaipur than any Euro farming game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Memes are a lot cooler than CAH.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

KomradeX posted:

Yeah I haven't played (i)Labyrinth(/i) but just from knowing he's an ex-defense antalyst and his Late War set up for (i)Twilight Struggle(/i) I've assumed discussing politics with him would be a no go. But that's whats great about the COIN games is they are very ideologically neutral gameplay wise

While you wouldn't know it from right-wing media, even neoconservatives are capable of seeing nuance in a complex situation. In the COIN games no faction is ever made up of mindless fanatics, which is a big part of what makes the settings interesting.

What did you disagree with in the Late War scenario, if I could ask? I've only played it once but it seemed reasonable overall for the US to have a stronger position by 1980 or so. It would be hard to square a balanced scenario with history, especially given that the Late War events favor the US as well.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Guy A. Person posted:

I don't know enough about the campaign to argue with your key points, but how does "you didn't advertise" contradict "I didn't have the money to run a Kickstarter". Unless by "advertise" you mean just posting threads on various board game forums or whatever, and not "advertise" in the sense of buying actual ads.

Part of planning for anything to do with money starts with planning out the costs. The fact is the campaign should have never begun if he didn't have the means to do anything to progress it. His main argument is that "big companies use Kickstarter as a store front, so the little guy can't succeed", what does that have to do with providing regular updates, reaching out to reviewers to try to get them to get previews done (long before the Kickstarter launches, not while the campaign is happening), or setting up some advertising on BBG? Sure there would be a cost to doing some of those things, but did he just think people were going to stumble into the Kickstarter without having any clue what it was?

I really don't want to make this into a thing, so I'll not dig this up again unless Broken Loose truly feels I'm misrepresenting what happened. I hope when he launches again he takes what he hopefully learned from the last time and uses it to help run a good campaign wherever he goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Semenent Domain
Keep loving and Nobody Dies
Poup
Munchkin