Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I was kind of hoping for a video in which somebody picked up a squatter, put them across their shoulders, and rocked like 10 reps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That elephant one is terrifying. Its like bull poker only even more crazy!

Buzkashi posted:

I was kind of hoping for a video in which somebody picked up a squatter, put them across their shoulders, and rocked like 10 reps

Remember the awesomeness of the "Deadlift your couch" thread?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Buzkashi posted:

That's what I thought was going to happen. Instead we got some weird douchey guy and someone who thought they could steal a whole house.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

speshl guy posted:

You've obviously never been to Detroit. There are tens of thousands of vacant homes and a homeless population to rival it. That homeowner never lived there and bought it for a pittance in an attempt to flip it, only to find that it will never sell because every other house in the neighborhood is being squatted in as well, so she took her frustration out on the squatter, who was doing what literally everyone she knows was doing, by trying to RUN HER OVER WITH HER CAR. They even zoomed in on the comically obvious tire tracks in the grass, so this attempted murder was incredibly RECENT and the homeowner is filmed with an air of quiet dignity the entire time. wtf

I'm not saying the squatter was right, but literally no one else is in that segment either.

Didn't you know that in America all crimes are punishable by death? That's why it's totally ok to shoot someone running away with your TV.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

speshl guy posted:

You've obviously never been to Detroit. There are tens of thousands of vacant homes and a homeless population to rival it. That homeowner never lived there and bought it for a pittance in an attempt to flip it, only to find that it will never sell because every other house in the neighborhood is being squatted in as well, so she took her frustration out on the squatter, who was doing what literally everyone she knows was doing, by trying to RUN HER OVER WITH HER CAR. They even zoomed in on the comically obvious tire tracks in the grass, so this attempted murder was incredibly RECENT and the homeowner is filmed with an air of quiet dignity the entire time. wtf

I'm not saying the squatter was right, but literally no one else is in that segment either.

im from detroit and leduff owns sry

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My band played at the Detroit Movement Festival once. Besides drugs and abandoned buildings there wasn't much to see or do.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

zakharov posted:

Didn't you know that in America all crimes are punishable by death? That's why it's totally ok to shoot someone running away with your TV.

That's not true, some crimes are punishable by rape.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

AzureSkys posted:

and children being kicked.

:thurman:

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
How to test a hard hat: http://i.imgur.com/D8IwcJq.gifv

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

wayfinder posted:

That's not true, some crimes are punishable by rape.

No, that is just a side effect of waiting in jail to be executed. They don't actually let you go after you are raped.

To be completely factual, Texas required written consent from the TV neighbor to do that. So it doesn't happen very often because who writes a letter to their neighbor telling them they can use lethal force to defend their property? Not Texans because if it's worth protecting we will do it ourselves.
Vvvvv

Two Feet From Bread has a new favorite as of 01:43 on Dec 30, 2015

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

zakharov posted:

Hell, in Texas it's legal to shoot someone in the back who's running away with your neighbor's TV. Property is so sacrosanct it doesn't even need to be yours for you to protect it with deadly force.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Mulva posted:

Hell, in Texas it's legal to shoot someone in the back who's running away with your neighbor's TV. Property is so sacrosanct it doesn't even need to be yours for you to protect it with deadly force.
If the bullet gets lodged in their spine, are they guilty of stealing it?

I didn't shoot him, he stole my bullets officer :(

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

No head injury. Hard hat works good.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

SLOSifl posted:

If the bullet gets lodged in their spine, are they guilty of stealing it?

I didn't shoot him, he stole my bullets officer :(

Probably, right now it's legal to shoot people if you feel ripped off in an illegal transaction.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

speshl guy posted:

I see a lot of things wrong with this, and an overall absence of 'freude. First of all that dude has a list of defamation, plagiarism and distortion allegations longer than his bibliography, which is to say that not only is he a douche, but he's an unethical douche.

Secondly, the issue of poverty and homelessness in Detroit is not something you can just take sides on, especially when the most passable case study you could do a report on involves the homeowner getting arrested for attempting to kill the squatter with her car. We're not off to a great start here.

After glossing over the attempted murder, LeDouche goes out of his way to make sure the squatter mentions she's on WELFARE and she DEFINITELY HAS A DISABILITY GUYS SHE'S NOT FAKING IT. So now that we've sufficiently established a confirmation bias in all of the Fox viewers, we can get on with arresting this dirty squatter so that she can be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, leaving her child parent-less and in the care of the state for over 2 years! What's that, we forgot to mention that she had a child? Well that might make her too sympathetic, because what person wouldn't move into a seemingly abandoned house when they have a child to care for, so let's just gloss over that and get a close up of the handcuffs locking in place around her dirty squatter wrists. Excellent reporting, guys, our journalistic integrity is definitely intact and we've solved Detroit's homelessness epidemic.

That's great! So what you're saying is not "there is no schadenfreude here", because that's not how that word is used, but "I personally don't get schadenfreude from this". Hey guess what buddy! No one gives a poo poo! This isn't the thread for you, obviously. The solution is not for you to preach about how this is wrong, it's for you to leave the thread!

Thanks!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Filox posted:

No head injury. Hard hat works good.

Hard hat so good that it deflects stuff before it even hits!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

My band played at the Detroit Movement Festival once. Besides drugs and abandoned buildings there wasn't much to see or do.

Didn't go to the Henry Ford and Greenfield Village? Or eat in Greektown?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ante posted:

That's great! So what you're saying is not "there is no schadenfreude here", because that's not how that word is used, but "I personally don't get schadenfreude from this". Hey guess what buddy! No one gives a poo poo! This isn't the thread for you, obviously. The solution is not for you to preach about how this is wrong, it's for you to leave the thread!

Thanks!

http://www.syriaonline.sy/?f=Details&catid=12&pageid=20207

If you don't have schadenfreude from this, please don't post ITT tia.

Pudding Space
Mar 19, 2014

speshl guy posted:

I see a lot of 'freude. First of all that dude has a list.

Secondly, the issue of Detroit is not something you can just take sides on, especially when attempting to kill the squatter. We're off to a great start here.

After glossing over the attempted murder, LeDouche goes out of his way to make sure the squatter HAS A DISABILITY. So now that we've sufficiently established this dirty squatter can be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, leaving her in the care of the state, let's just gloss over that and get a close up of the handcuffs locking in place around her dirty squatter wrists. Excellent.

What's wrong with you?

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
Affluenza teen and mom captured in Mexico

That's one dopey looking, newly hair dyed piece of crap.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I kind of hope we drag our feet extraditing him and let him stay in what I'm sure is a very lovely Mexican jail for a while.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Mulva posted:

Only after dark actually.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

JamesieAB posted:

FWD:FWD:FWD "Affluenza" TEEN FUGITIVE GROWS BEARD LIKE PAUL D. RYAN - ISIS MUSLIM?!

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Bum the Sad posted:

Only after dark actually.

And unless they've changed it, you have to have a reasonably convincing argument as to why the theft of your neighbor's TV affects you personally (you got to watch it sometimes, the loss of property impairs his ability to repay debts owed to you, etc.)

Texas is a wacky place, man.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

JamesieAB posted:

"my mom dyed my hair and I don't even understand why"

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

ante posted:

Thanks!

Ok, so you find joy in some Fox douches harrasing a poor woman?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Bundle of Keys posted:

Hmm well let's see how you feel when you have someone live in your loving place regardless of whether or not you live there.

Like yeah, I don't particularly blame the person for doing what they did by squatting, but not leaving when being asked or told of also lovely so gently caress em.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

speshl guy posted:

I see a lot of things wrong with this, and an overall absence of 'freude. First of all that dude has a list of defamation, plagiarism and distortion allegations longer than his bibliography, which is to say that not only is he a douche, but he's an unethical douche.

Secondly, the issue of poverty and homelessness in Detroit is not something you can just take sides on, especially when the most passable case study you could do a report on involves the homeowner getting arrested for attempting to kill the squatter with her car. We're not off to a great start here.

After glossing over the attempted murder, LeDouche goes out of his way to make sure the squatter mentions she's on WELFARE and she DEFINITELY HAS A DISABILITY GUYS SHE'S NOT FAKING IT. So now that we've sufficiently established a confirmation bias in all of the Fox viewers, we can get on with arresting this dirty squatter so that she can be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, leaving her child parent-less and in the care of the state for over 2 years! What's that, we forgot to mention that she had a child? Well that might make her too sympathetic, because what person wouldn't move into a seemingly abandoned house when they have a child to care for, so let's just gloss over that and get a close up of the handcuffs locking in place around her dirty squatter wrists. Excellent reporting, guys, our journalistic integrity is definitely intact and we've solved Detroit's homelessness epidemic.

ah, so it's really about ethics in physio claim journalism

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

That was a local fox affiliate, not fox news.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Bundle of Keys posted:

Didn't click the link or read the story; How do you think telling this thread about the injustice of it all is going to help? I dunno mang, if I see something I don't like, I just move on and post some more bros on bikes getting hurt :sun:

http://i.imgur.com/PYa47Ov.gifv

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
I know we just finished this derail, but can't we all just come together and enjoy watching Mike Tyson fall off a hoverboard? https://twitter.com/MikeTyson/status/681928471149297665

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

JamesieAB posted:

Between this piece of poo poo and Martin Skrheli or whatever the back half of this year has been good on the 'freude for lower-upper class shitbirds acting like they're way more legally insulated than they are. You almost want to shake these guys and go "you aren't a loving Walton or even a Buffet, you do not have the pockets to pull this poo poo off long-term."

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Staryberry posted:

I know we just finished this derail, but can't we all just come together and enjoy watching Mike Tyson fall off a hoverboard? https://twitter.com/MikeTyson/status/681928471149297665

https://www.facebook.com/bleacherreport/videos/10153710841846006/

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

That twitter status :stare:

quote:

Seemed like a good idea to ride my daughter

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

ante posted:

Didn't click the link or read the story; How do you think telling this thread about the injustice of it all is going to help? I dunno mang, if I see something I don't like, I just move on and post some more bros on bikes getting hurt :sun:

http://i.imgur.com/PYa47Ov.gifv

You're right, sorry about the derail bros.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

speshl guy posted:

You're right, sorry about the derail bros.

That is one unlucky guy.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Schadenfreude... in my schadenfreude thread?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Guy right behind him's super on the ball though.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Staryberry posted:

hahaha holy poo poo his face when he sort of has it figured out. He's so happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

hahaha holy poo poo his face when he sort of has it figured out. He's so happy.

Didn't Mike Tyson actually sort out his issues and become a really chill dude who regrets how crazy he used to be?