Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
Did my workout at noon because of the holiday. Ended up doing 315x8 squats and 245x8 bench. Both I felt like if I pushed it I could get a 9th rep. Merry Gainsmass to all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
Leg day falls on Christmas? Still not gonna skip it.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Did a really good leg session last night, got home ate chicken ended up on the toilet making GBS threads liquid all night and morning. Merry Christmas everyone!

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I miss the gym :( I'm resorting to push ups :(

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
I hit 270 3x5 on squat and 355 1x5 deadlift on Monday and was feeling pretty good about it. Then some dude starts squatting three plates and moved up to 350 and some other 170lb dude was going for a 1rm and pulled 460. Welp.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
man bodytypes can be deceptive

this twink who didnt even look like he even went to a gym walked into MY gym and started outlifting me real bad. Really hurt my ego bro

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

this twink who didnt even look like he even went to a gym walked into MY gym and started outlifting me real bad. Really hurt my ego bro

Probably a powerlifter, the lighter guys are deceptively strong without being enormous.

Jaroslaw Olech, 800lb+ squatter.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Probably a powerlifter, the lighter guys are deceptively strong without being enormous.

Jaroslaw Olech, 800lb+ squatter.

German French Stewart outlifts everyone while making little fart noises:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qySRWjqctok

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
165lb Russian deadlifts 760lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BatvhiNpogg

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

Zzulu posted:

Guy next to me today was a skinny looking dude. He weighed what looked like 150 and was pause benching 275 for 2-3 reps. I was like "good on you, bruh"

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

the only thing worse than not lifting is doing any amount of cardio at all, ever. It sends your mass into a freefall. You're going to be a tiny little baby child in no time.

I've always loved cycling, and sold my car a few years back to commit to full time riding. Sometimes I wish I could get bigger, but I get seriously antsy if I go more than a day or two without riding. One of the fun things about it, however, is being way stronger than you look. It's always fun picking things up easily that average people insist needs 2-3 people to carry, and being all quietly :smug:

Even more fun is getting recognition from swoledudes like this:

Zzulu posted:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

feeling so strong fat today

clean triple at 310 (+5)

missed the third twice :smith:

made the second with one hand

https://www.instagram.com/p/_1tnD9JQfD/

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Taught my girlfriend to deadlift and OHP today.

I don't think she understands how exciting this is for me.

Or why I'm stressing the importance of doing tons of squats.

:yosbutt:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Two weeks of no lifting, tendonitis still exists. Just going to live with this until I can get some NFL quality HGH.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

FogHelmut posted:

Two weeks of no lifting, tendonitis still exists. Just going to live with this until I can get some NFL quality HGH.

RIP

I'm 30, and like magic I manage to hurt my elbow dancing. It's the beginning of the end.

Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM
Despite years of doing gym stuff that everyone keeps telling me is awful for my shoulder joints (guillotine press, reeeal heavy weighted dips), I have now managed to make my shoulder joint all hosed up by...sleeping on it.

Getting old sucks and I cannot in good conscience recommend it.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pneumonia: 2 pneumoniaer is going well. I might be able to go back to lifting one day. Oh and my lower back is hosed up pinching some nerve and causing my left middle toe to feel weird. In short, gently caress aging.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I was hoping the blizzard yesterday would give me some alone time in the gym, but unfortunately it seems like 5 other lifters had the same idea at the same time.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I was gonna deadlift heavy tonight but all your posts have made me fear the reaper :ohdear:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Nate Falls posted:

Despite years of doing gym stuff that everyone keeps telling me is awful for my shoulder joints (guillotine press, reeeal heavy weighted dips), I have now managed to make my shoulder joint all hosed up by...sleeping on it.

That's how mine started about 8 years ago. Sorry Nate :(

:rip:

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

drat, ya'll are starting to sound like I feel. Getting old sucks, but being old sucks worse. Just go really light and keep the movements going until you quit hurting

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Retarded Pimp posted:

Just go really light

no

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Are you old & hurt?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Retarded Pimp posted:

until you quit hurting

I'd never lift again :(

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hurt less when I lift a couple times a week. :shrug:

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????

Nate Falls posted:

Yes you absolutely would have hosed up your shoulder just as bad from sleeping on it without all the years of stressing and gradually wearing down the joint because injuries and dysfunction never result from doing bad things repeatedly over time they only occur as a direct result of the thing you just did

This is why I never tie my shoes tbh I heard doing it threw out some dude's back

Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM

abgushte badamjan posted:

Yes you absolutely would have hosed up your shoulder just as bad from sleeping on it without all the years of stressing and gradually wearing down the joint because injuries and dysfunction never result from doing bad things repeatedly over time they only occur as a direct result of the thing you just did

This is why I never tie my shoes tbh I heard doing it threw out some dude's back

I'm not sure if you being injured 1000 times makes your injury-related advice way more valuable or way less

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

bruised my throat doing front squats am i doing this right

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Wide grip pull ups are good/bad for shoulders. Confirm/deny?

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

Bad for certain people. Impingement happens with wide grips. Just do regular grips you get the same amount of work

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Looking to work on the muscles around my shoulder blades due to an old impingement actually. Guess I can do rear felt flies instead?

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
my left elbow hurts just moving it, cant do pull ups

havent squatted over 90kg in a few weeks as everytime I do the back of my right leg hurts down low

may as well kill myself

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????

Nate Falls posted:

I'm not sure if you being injured 1000 times makes your injury-related advice way more valuable or way less

I am a cornucopia of knowledge on ways to get injured but for some reason this hasn't helped me avoid injury so I just check in with my sports doc every 2-3 months just in case something starts hurting hth

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Does getting horrible cramps count as an injury? I was stretching after squats today and I swear one of my abs was trying to escape through my skin.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Scale just said 222. Uhhhhh, time to start eating clean.

edit- took a piss and took my clothes off, got it down to 220. thank god.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 30, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Almost time.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Don't complain, those people are subsidizing your fees for the rest of the year.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

bruised my throat doing front squats am i doing this right

You're grunting too hard

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
justate a bag of chips and 5 scoops of whey for breakfast slash lunch,

now im gonna go to the gym and get my pumps on

then it is new years eve

a good day