Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We all have that boss. For me it was Logarius. And probably orphan if I didn't already have 500 vials in the bank from absentmindedly messing around and listening to a podcast for an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

ue the whirligig l2 on it :-D

They took out the thing where you can stun lock him out of doing that. Actually I managed to hit him out of his teleport with the hunters axe. It's frustrating that each attack the little spiders have depletes my entire 30 vit health bar. Last time he did something I'd never seen before. It's like he summoned two waves of the homing crystals just by raising up once.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

We all have that boss. For me it was Logarius. And probably orphan if I didn't already have 500 vials in the bank from absentmindedly messing around and listening to a podcast for an hour

there's just something I don't like about Rom or Micolash. I think I find them really tedious? Weird because I enjoyed the puzzle bosses in DeS.

Rom is worse for me because the intended way of just hitting and running relies on luck from the spiders not touching you, and they can hit through Rom's body. Not a huge deal on NG but they hit way harder on NG+ of course. The other way is to take out the little spiders but that's insanely tedious to do. That's my games style post for this week.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 29, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Micolash is frustrating for sure because his first form offers 0 challenge whatsoever, and there's a bunch of running around between attempts on his somewhat more involving second form. Which also has some of my favorite voice work in the game so it's a toss up. Ever since I stared fighting rom without killing any spiders it became a way more fun and tense fight

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Micolash is simpler because once you master staying close to him in phase 2 he's not so bad.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

There's a video where someone zoomed in on the lanters and it turns out they are really really hosed up versions of the doll from the dream,vlike the fringes of her dress are replaced with flayed hanging flesh and stuff

i find that whats specifically scary about them is that no matter how strong your character gets, they will always be incredibly dangerous and need to be handled with extreme care

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I dont know if the shaman bone blade works on Roms babies but that is what I am going to try on the Merciless Watchers later

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

frank.club posted:

I hate rom so goddamn much lol

Watch the sky.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just tried it on the romlings. Basically makes them vulnerable to friendly fire and that's it

I did it

frank.club fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 29, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
loving street sharks in the Fishing Hamlet

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah those dudes are insane

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive yet to beat the twin sharks..i dont even know how the poison knife things work

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive yet to beat the twin sharks..i dont even know how the poison knife things work

Poison knives build up poison on things. The weird knives are the shaman bones. Think of it like a charm, it makes an enemy work for you

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

so is nightmare frontier blighttown

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

so is nightmare frontier blighttown

yes but with how poison works in this game its way more forgiving. the area is also 100% optional and you dont even get chunks out of it or anything

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

i find that whats specifically scary about them is that no matter how strong your character gets, they will always be incredibly dangerous and need to be handled with extreme care

yeah, i don't know if there's a good way to go about fighting them even besides hit and run

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

yeah, i don't know if there's a good way to go about fighting them even besides hit and run

having a ton of frenzy rez and counter-shootin em is the most effective method, but even then you need to immediately pop a sedative after doing this and if you fumble the timing youre loving dead

thankfully in every place they appear you can just run past them and they're too slow to chase but, what kind of person would that make you?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

I figured out that if you use Shaman Bone Blades on both of them, they'll start fighting each other and then you can kill the last one standing.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it normal not to even see player phantoms in fishing hamlet? I see notes and stuff

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

frank.club posted:

Is it normal not to even see player phantoms in fishing hamlet? I see notes and stuff

No that isn't normal. I see phantoms in the hamlet all the time. Sometimes they are in the middle of being eaten by a fish giant and it's loving hilarious.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

frank.club posted:

They took out the thing where you can stun lock him out of doing that. Actually I managed to hit him out of his teleport with the hunters axe. It's frustrating that each attack the little spiders have depletes my entire 30 vit health bar. Last time he did something I'd never seen before. It's like he summoned two waves of the homing crystals just by raising up once.

u can use the flamesprayer with bone marrow ash to do the same thing , not a lot of ppl know that so maybe it wasnt patched?. although frankly i recommend beating it properly :P

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Micolash is frustrating for sure because his first form offers 0 challenge whatsoever, and there's a bunch of running around between attempts on his somewhat more involving second form. Which also has some of my favorite voice work in the game so it's a toss up. Ever since I stared fighting rom without killing any spiders it became a way more fun and tense fight

theres not that much running. theres a right and a wrong way to do it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

u can use the flamesprayer with bone marrow ash to do the same thing , not a lot of ppl know that so maybe it wasnt patched?. although frankly i recommend beating it properly :P

I think that's doable in standard new game.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

yes but with how poison works in this game its way more forgiving. the area is also 100% optional and you dont even get chunks out of it or anything

u can get chunks there. 2 each from the big chunk lizard guys in the 2nd half of the lvl

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

killed Amygdala on first encounter :cool:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

u can get chunks there. 2 each from the big chunk lizard guys in the 2nd half of the lvl

whaat? i dont remember that. i remember the big dudes just dropping twins

theres even like this big underground poison swamp area that you need to kill lanterns to get through and your ~big reward~ for reaching the end of it was kin's coldblood. that really upset me.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

whaat? i dont remember that. i remember the big dudes just dropping twins

theres even like this big underground poison swamp area that you need to kill lanterns to get through and your ~big reward~ for reaching the end of it was kin's coldblood. that really upset me.

in the first half they drop twins, but theres 2 hidden in the part after the big swamp that drop chunks . maybe even 3 .. i only found 2 though.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
so like if you want you can get a +8 weapon before you even fight the shadows .. well, you can for sure now that theres the dlc but you could before too. useful for sl4 runs :-)

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Time for Mico again

Lmao cornering him with whirly's l2 for the goddamn win.

Lmao^2 shaman bone blade works on the mannequins
Another cool thing I learned after putting on the white church set for Ludwigs dialogue is that it is one of the best armor sets in the game

frank.club fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 30, 2015

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V39k-a3_jew

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my strategy for winter lanterns is to blast them point blank with the cannon, and then wail on them while they're getting back up. that's stops them from singing, lol.

i've actually never tried beast roar on them... i guess that would probably work too.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jew

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo I beat Kos right as I got a warning my controller was about to die so clutch yes!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

theres not that much running. theres a right and a wrong way to do it

Well I know how to get him in the cage ASAP, it's just that, for most bosses when you do an attempt you're fighting them 100% of the time, but for micolash there's periods where you've figured out the in between sections and it's just going through the motions until you can fight his second phase again

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just remembered that i completely forgot about upper cathedral ward and where the key is to get up there, which sort of sucks, but is also good because it means i have more bloodborne to play than i anticipated.

i really wish there was another dlc on the way... i'm not ready to say goodbye.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Another way to deal with wintern lanterns is to stagger them and time the vis so you're in the attack animation when your frenzy tops off so it does 0 damage to you while you're invincible. Getting the timing right is probably more trouble than it's worth though

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Well I know how to get him in the cage ASAP, it's just that, for most bosses when you do an attempt you're fighting them 100% of the time, but for micolash there's periods where you've figured out the in between sections and it's just going through the motions until you can fight his second phase again

I'm doing him on NG+3 right now at level 200 with 59 vit and the 15% health rune and in phase 2 auger of e is a one shot -______-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

I'm doing him on NG+3 right now at level 200 with 59 vit and the 15% health rune and in phase 2 auger of e is a one shot -______-

drat...