Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

The most luxurious and golden bullet necklace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im gonna seriously consider stabbing my ear drums with knitting needles if the alternative is another 10 months of loving lewinskigate

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Montasque posted:

Oh my god.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Trump's media manager is so anxious to usher in the end of the world that she's already started dressing post-apocalyptically.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
I think that's a great strategy, we all remember that Lewinskygate totally sunk Clinton's relevance in political society and made him a total pariah.

"Source posted:

According to the latest CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll, conducted January 5-7 of [2001], Americans are generally pleased with Clinton's performance in office, but critical of the president's personal behavior -- a conflicted view of Clinton that emerged during the Monica Lewinsky scandal and ensuing impeachment trial, and that has remained with the public ever since. The poll shows that 65% of Americans currently approve of the way he is handling his job as president, which is slightly above the average he has received over the past three months. In fact, Clinton's average approval rating for his last quarter in office is almost 61% -- the highest final quarter rating any president has received in the past half century. On the other hand, just 41% of Americans approve of Clinton "as a person," and only 39% consider him "honest and trustworthy."

By comparison, Dubya left office with a 34% approval rating. His lowest point was 25%, just 3 months prior.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
:rip:

The 2016 field now lacks a single farmer.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Riosan posted:

I think that's a great strategy, we all remember that Lewinskygate totally sunk Clinton's relevance in political society and made him a total pariah.

By comparison, Dubya left office with a 34% approval rating. His lowest point was 25%, just 3 months prior.

These attacks are less about destroying the Clinton's and more about keeping the media attention off of the other Republican candidates, energizing the Republican base, and coming off as a Champion of the R-team who is willing to go toe-to-toe with the evil Clinton machine.

Now if you attack Trump his supporters will respond: YOU ATTACK TRUMP WHILE HE ATTACKS CLINTON!? RINO!

Plus Trump was getting NOWHERE attacking Cruz, and you know Trump, he has to attack someone...

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

GalacticAcid posted:

First the farrier leaves, now the farmer... we need a president experienced with the hottest jobs of the preindustrial era!

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

bella and the bulldogs

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Riosan posted:

It's the economy, stupid.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

:getin:

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

GalacticAcid posted:

Not Pataki! :darthvadernooo:

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Not many people left in the undercard debates now. With Rand refusing to participate, it looks like we're headed for a Santorum/Huckabee/Fiorina threeway.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sonofsilversign posted:

so dumb and wrong lmao

the horrors of citizens united: jeb bush pulls a 4% result with teh most money of anyone behind him. get real

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fishmech posted:

the horrors of citizens united: Republicans hold a permanent majority of the House

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Not many people left in the undercard debates now. With Rand refusing to participate, it looks like we're headed for a Santorum/Huckabee/Fiorina threeway.

*shivers at the mental image*

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Holy poo poo.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

he called both of them?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
The man smiled in his cavernous abode. One more down, only eleven more to go. The tall one had fallen...perhaps the fat one, or the other fat one, or the bronze baby would be next. They could all offer less than he could to this great nation, and why settle for Gil-less when you could have Gilmore?

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

fishmech posted:

the horrors of citizens united: jeb bush pulls a 4% result with teh most money of anyone behind him. get real

bless your heart

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Patter Song posted:

The man smiled in his cavernous abode. One more down, only eleven more to go. The tall one had fallen...perhaps the fat one, or the other fat one, or the bronze baby would be next. They could all offer less than he could to this great nation, and why settle for Gil-less when you could have Gilmore?

I love this sideplot of Jim Gilmore the dumpster-dwelling mastermind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocm8QdNR_d8

In the dark of the night, Gilmore will find you!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Montasque posted:

Bullet Farmer! She's coming from the Bullet Farm!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Totalizator posted:

I love this sideplot of Jim Gilmore the dumpster-dwelling mastermind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocm8QdNR_d8

In the dark of the night, Gilmore will find you!

God that movie was so loving stupid.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Montasque posted:

Christie Hammers Rubio for Skipping Omnibus Vote: "Dude, Show up to Work" or Quit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqym5L9-5G8

lol at the only two comments on that video

FAT

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

citizens united isn't responsible for that and you're a complete moron if you think it is. flat out.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Rand doesn't think it's cool that Trump is attacking Hillary for being a she-cuck.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rand-paul-i-dont-think-its-hillarys-fault-that-her-husband-had-serial-infidelities/

Still thinks Bill got away with murder, and that if he worked for a corporation he would have been fired.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

"Money doesnt matter in politics" -fishmech

Always love the counterintuitive hot take from our sperg friend.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
money doesnt vote, ths

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
This election is a case study in citizens united not doing a drat thing. The only people who care about it are low-info lefty morons who think their god-child bernie is losing because of a lack of cash and not because democrats like Hillary's positions more.

Yea it was totally CU that did that you big goof. Meanwhile trump is on top spending basically 0 of his budget and the two wealthiest campaigns are in shambles. Geeeeeee I wonder what this tells us.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fishmech posted:

citizens united isn't responsible for that and you're a complete moron if you think it is. flat out.

It's obviously a factor. Local and congressional races don't have the same level of funding, so unlimited outside money can easily give a candidate a massive media advantage. It's bad and if you don't understand why you really, really, desperately need to stop trying to gainsay and seek some education. Also kill yourself, as you've become a twisted parody of what you once claimed to believe in.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

This election is a case study in citizens united not doing a drat thing. The only people who care about it are low-info lefty morons who think their god-child bernie is losing because of a lack of cash and not because democrats like Hillary's positions more.

Yea it was totally CU that did that you big goof. Meanwhile trump is on top spending basically 0 of his budget and the two wealthiest campaigns are in shambles. Geeeeeee I wonder what this tells us.

This is your new ally, fishmech. Stop posting.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

Republicans would still control the House without Citizens United.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

TEAYCHES posted:

Turns out he's completely right on this point. This isn't the 80's anymore grandpa, you don't need to flood the media waves with campaign advertisement to get your message out anymore. If people aren't giving you money it's because they don't like your positions/message not because of some dastardly capitalist conspiracy.

Dedicated volunteers are farrrr more important in the age where message saturation is cheap as poo poo to do.

Vox Nihili posted:

This is your new ally, fishmech. Stop posting.

:qq:

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Trumps going to win btw lol.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

fishmech posted:

idiots or liars? you decide!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Turns out he's completely right on this point. This isn't the 80's anymore grandpa, you don't need to flood the media waves with campaign advertisement to get your message out anymore. If people aren't giving you money it's because they don't like your positions/message not because of some dastardly capitalist conspiracy.

Dedicated volunteers are farrrr more important in the age where message saturation is cheap as poo poo to do.

Paid volunteers = dedicated volunteers. Academic studies show that advertising works. I don't really know what else to say. Should I start posting sources?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

TEAYCHES posted:

we reached the point of saturation in like the early 90s. now it's just tossing more money in to no advantage.

but whinelords like you don't get that.

Vox Nihili posted:

It's obviously a factor.

it's obviously not, because the gerrymandering was locked in well before the ruling, you loving idiots worship money like the worst libertarians

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Agreed the free market works. Money isn't required to become president.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fishmech posted:

we reached the point of saturation in like the early 90s. now it's just tossing more money in to no advantage.

but whinelords like you don't get that.

it's obviously not, because the gerrymandering was locked in well before the ruling, you loving idiots worship money like the worst libertarians

You loving moron, down ticket races are no where NEAR saturation. The 13th podunk district is not Trump vs. Jeb. There is little-to-no media coverage of these races to compete with ads. Voters are less engaged and knowledgeable re: those races.

Whinelords like Ginsburg still oppose unlimited spending on political ads, yes. Christ how can anyone be such a pitiful little poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/election-2016-campaign-money-race.html?_r=0

lol yea money is totally the key to this election let's just ask walker, bush, rubio, carson, carly, and every other R candidate who could be outspending trump right now.

face it, you don't have a clue what you are talking about if you are freaking out about CU still

• Locked thread