Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Pidgeonpen

Illuyankas posted:

It's the single worst thing they hosed up in the whole of HoT.

Followed closely by 'everything else' :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Illuyankas posted:

Guild missions are now chosen for you each week, in three tiers, easy medium and hard, which get more slots the higher the guild level. Bounties are still random but vary in how many you do depending on the tier they fall in. Rushes and challenges are the same for each tier each week for everyone, but harder tiers have shorter time limits for rushes. Treks are easier for people to get credit with and actually give you loot now but are not enough to make up for the incredible amount of bugs and terrible decisions they introduced. The little chests at the end of rushes and puzzles are gone, the minimap for instanced missions was a blank which made the maze in Proxemics a pain, porting people stuck behind in puzzles is now impossible and people often don't get rewarded for missions until two, five, ten or infinity minutes after they finish. It's the single worst thing they hosed up in the whole of HoT.

Ugh and all the rush bugs that existed for the first 2 months

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Last guild mission was the first time there were no bugs, at least for SFD. It's not great.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Illuyankas posted:

Guild missions are now chosen for you each week, in three tiers, easy medium and hard, which get more slots the higher the guild level. Bounties are still random but vary in how many you do depending on the tier they fall in. Rushes and challenges are the same for each tier each week for everyone, but harder tiers have shorter time limits for rushes. Treks are easier for people to get credit with and actually give you loot now but are not enough to make up for the incredible amount of bugs and terrible decisions they introduced. The little chests at the end of rushes and puzzles are gone, the minimap for instanced missions was a blank which made the maze in Proxemics a pain, porting people stuck behind in puzzles is now impossible and people often don't get rewarded for missions until two, five, ten or infinity minutes after they finish. It's the single worst thing they hosed up in the whole of HoT.

What was wrong with the old system? :stare:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Alteisen posted:

It was fun.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Alteisen posted:

It didn't fit nicely into the new guild systems I guess, just Anet Anetting really.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Alteisen posted:

There were awkward waiting periods if a guild was partway through a guild puzzle by the time your guild arrived. Some guild challenges are incredibly easy to goof with a different group of people not following directions, so the arrival of another guild during a challenge tended to be bad. Instancing those had benefits, but the transition has been incredibly buggy.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
It's me, I confess, I'm the bad who always forget to enter the banner whenever we do a challenge.

On the plus side though, now you can teleport to most guild missions via the guild hall.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Orv posted:

It was fun.

Let's not get carried away here.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Vargs posted:

Let's not get carried away here.

I've never actually done guild missions. :ssh:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

COOL CORN posted:

Man, I'm super stoked that GW2 is free now. Here's hoping that GOON will accept me :ohdear:

we're gonna get the gang together

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Magres posted:

It's pretty much luck, if you've got a trio of competent commanders who can herd cats in lane well and people who organize boss killing crews before the bossfight starts then you can get it done.

Honestly, given that you like leading wvw, try leading a goon crew through DS! DS seems kinda like a pve version of wvw to me, though I haven't played a ton of wvw.

Honestly? That'd probably get me to log on for more then 30 seconds.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah I'd love to get a team of like thirty goons on to rock some DS. Split into three teams of ten to shepherd each lane and provide competent Might stacking for each lane and it should go really fast. At the trio of bosses section you could split each team in half and have five people to shepherd the ring zerg and five to handle the boss with the help of five pubbies.

We could also go for some T4 Verdant Brink and Tangled Depths. Meta Mondays!

If anyone else is interested, let's gather at 5pm PST on Monday and group up for some metas. Even if we don't have enough people to run the maps ourselves, it's fun to be on voice with people doing events with you

Magres fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 30, 2015

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Magres posted:

Yeah I'd love to get a team of like thirty goons on to rock some DS. Split into three teams of ten to shepherd each lane and provide competent Might stacking for each lane and it should go really fast. At the trio of bosses section you could split each team in half and have five people to shepherd the ring zerg and five to handle the boss with the help of five pubbies.

We could also go for some T4 Verdant Brink and Tangled Depths. Meta Mondays!

If anyone else is interested, let's gather at 5pm PST on Monday and group up for some metas. Even if we don't have enough people to run the maps ourselves, it's fun to be on voice with people doing events with you

That time is impossible to make for regular work hour people on the west coast. Can you make it 7pm Pacific or later?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

That time is impossible to make for regular work hour people on the west coast. Can you make it 7pm Pacific or later?

Maybe we can get a few people doing it, since you know, EU and OZ too. :haw:

What time is it for you guys when Teq resets? I'm bad at time.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Thyrork posted:

Maybe we can get a few people doing it, since you know, EU and OZ too. :haw:

What time is it for you guys when Teq resets? I'm bad at time.

Yeah that'd be cool. Server reset time is 4pm Pacific which I'm pretty sure that's when teq is, because I can never be there haha

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3yjxdr/what_are_we_expecting_in_2016/#s

It's happening. Eat poo poo you idiot hellfuckers.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
I've owned this game for like 2 or 3 years and never really got into it. Then I rolled a Mesmer a week ago and holy poo poo. This is really fun! I can't stop playing it for hours on end. Up to 30 now, just running around and doing all the things. This game is a weird fever-dream mashup of OCD and ADHD. I have to do all the things, but there's always something popping up to steal my attention.

Any sage wisdom for a total noob? I *just* realized that I can store my mats straight from my bags without visiting a crafting station or bank... Which is what I did every few hours for the first 28 levels :D

Any other wonderful QOL things I should know but don't because the game doesn't tell you?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ty for carrying me through the raid Hlatun & co :patriot: it was an honor to puke alacrity on you all

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

all hail the eternal (bird) leader

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

it checks out

and now for a rat

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

7pm sounds good, let's do it.

Meta Mondays - 7pm PST

Get on and we'll vote for what map we want to focus on trying to T4 (or, for Dragon's Stand, speedrun as quickly as possible)

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Keep in mind that HoT maps are on their own timers, and (if I did the math right) 7pm Pacific is:

- Half an hour into VB day phase (of 75 minutes)
- Octovine event starting
- 10 minutes into an hour and 30 minute wait for the Chak Gerent event to start
- 30 minutes until active Dragon's Stand maps are forcibly closed

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

AAB posted:

we're gonna get the gang together

:yeah:

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Axialbloom posted:

Figured I might try and do a legendary journey to make the Predator (I like the pew pew sounds). So after running around doing jumping puzzles, chain events, and being carried through fractals by goons I completed the first collection and unlocked the recipe to make the pre-precursor.

Which requires (but is not limited to) 30 Deldrimor steel, 30 Spiritwood planks, and 10 Elonian leather. :sigh: I can't even check the wiki to see if there is further crafting in the 3rd collection because, I assume, nobody has been stupid enough to spend over 700g worth of time-gated mats when they could just put a 400g buy order on the precursor in its entirety.

On the bright side, having never done them before, fractals with goons is now my new favourite thing.

Yeah, I made the Predator last weekend because I discovered the the precursor was only 500g on the TP.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

getting together to run DS events is actually a pretty good idea. it's a fun event that doesn't take forever if people are at least vaguely intelligent. also the loot is pretty alright, especially if a couple people know where all the pods spawn after the boss is dead and want to act as guides.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The pods are easy, just follow the red arrows into the areas that were previously blocked off, it's also the only zone that is incredibly easy to 100% map complete in a single run.
Also 3 treasure mushrooms you wanna get after mordremoth for that .0001% chance of 1500g boots.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The pods are easy, just follow the red arrows into the areas that were previously blocked off, it's also the only zone that is incredibly easy to 100% map complete in a single run.
Also 3 treasure mushrooms you wanna get after mordremoth for that .0001% chance of 1500g boots.

Can you actually get map completion without Ley-Line Gliding (and without relying on someone who has it)?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

No, there's a hero point you can't reach without it. But finding a mesmer with key line shouldn't be too hard at this point.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lyer posted:

No, there's a hero point you can't reach without it. But finding a mesmer with key line shouldn't be too hard at this point.

If you're talking about the one by The Falls in AB, you can cheese that with experimental rifle too. I got 100% map completion and I'm probably 2 years from leyline :negative:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

If you're talking about the one by The Falls in AB, you can cheese that with experimental rifle too. I got 100% map completion and I'm probably 2 years from leyline :negative:

Nah it's one of the hero point bosses in DS that requires ley-line gliding to get to, though a mesmer can then portal people up.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Also they allegedly fixed the experimental rifle thing rip. Portal still works for that one too, happily.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kenshin posted:

Nah it's one of the hero point bosses in DS that requires ley-line gliding to get to, though a mesmer can then portal people up.

Oh nice, okay, I must've gotten a portal for that. Thank god for mesmers.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Datamined

:wink:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Keep in mind that HoT maps are on their own timers, and (if I did the math right) 7pm Pacific is:

- Half an hour into VB day phase (of 75 minutes)
- Octovine event starting
- 10 minutes into an hour and 30 minute wait for the Chak Gerent event to start
- 30 minutes until active Dragon's Stand maps are forcibly closed

Yeah that looks like your math is right. We can do VB day then go for T4 night, then get a late start on a DS run, VB night ends about half an hour into DS, so if we get a move on we should be able to clear DS in time. Worst case that looks like it's going badly and we bail for a run at TD

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Make sure you bring XP boosters, as most/all of the mobs give XP.

Also try to have at least 25 or 50 of each currency beforehand if you want to get as many pods as possible. You get Machetes from advancing the meta but you'll run out if you want to get every single pod, and pods appear pretty consistently in the lanes now.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
If you want to do world completion without a mesmer or masteries, you can always use the Teleport to Friend item on someone who's at the HP/whatever you need. Even map completion is P2W now. :smug:

Starli
Sep 20, 2007
It's like everything in the history of human civilization that sucks got together, wrote some lyrics, produced some beats, and hired Shiva the Destroyer to sing.
Been missing goon chatter while working on my Bifrost precursor and HoT stuff - has Goon loosened up any for reinvites? ( I didn't even try when HoT first came out figured it'd be swamped with people )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

We have plenty of room now :D There was a returning rush but it tapered off pretty quickly as goons got bored and went back to other games.

• Locked thread