Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Support is super flavorful. Its a bunch of lil' wieners getting bigger and knocking the big Eldrazi bullies on the nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

JerryLee posted:

Um but without the comforting feeling of a keyword on my dick how am I supposed to know that these things that all appear to share a mechanic are actually mechanically related rather than just being my fever dream

And people asked why Naya didn't have a mechanic. Turns out that keyword on your dick is doing an incredible amount of work.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

It's really Jund that got cheated out of its mechanic. Devour existed in all three sets, but across the entire block appeared on a grand total of 2 commons and 4 uncommons.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

And people asked why Naya didn't have a mechanic. Turns out that keyword on your dick is doing an incredible amount of work.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I'm on mobile and need to prove a point, can someone point me in the direction of that horrible long Jim Davis match?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
MODO.txt

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It's five power or greater, scrublord.

Foreskin Problems posted:

I'm on mobile and need to prove a point, can someone point me in the direction of that horrible long Jim Davis match?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCn9Lg9qApA

The three hour one, right?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Very nice of you to claim that his dick is power five or greater

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

That's assuming it ever gets the ability online.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
You can make the point without watching an excruciating untimed Jim Davis game by just watching his turn here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HirpqHGtI-c

He starts his turn at 13:30 and declares attackers at 19:30.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Ramos posted:

That's assuming it ever gets the ability online.

Truly his dong is a
http://magiccards.info/query?q=%21Mighty+Emergence

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Actually, it implies that if my dick didn't have a keyword pointing it out, nobody would ever notice it. :(

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Probably because you always hide it in your pants. You know what to do for some well deserved attention.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

JerryLee posted:

Actually, it implies that if my dick didn't have a keyword pointing it out, nobody would ever notice it. :(

And now you know why support is there: it's pointing out OGW's dick.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Angry Grimace posted:

You can make the point without watching an excruciating untimed Jim Davis game by just watching his turn here:

I get that these matches aren't timed, but warnings should have been made. That was embarrassing from the judges.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i like support being keyworded because it means things can mechanically care about it

rare green creature, "whenever you support one or more creatures, draw a card"
uncommon green creature "whenever you support, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature"
uncommon white creature, "if you would support X, instead support X+1" (or however they'd template that)

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

BBD released by SCG

https://www.facebook.com/brian.braunduin/posts/10153726300960259

Those two-day events were bleeding money I guess.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Loving the recent frequency of LSV streams.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Angry Grimace posted:

Those two-day events were bleeding money I guess.

It's an expensive standard. I wonder if attendance is down.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

End of Life Guy posted:

I don't think propping Legacy and hoping people will buy inflated high-margin singles was working.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Angry Grimace posted:

Yeah that's just not an acceptable pace of play.

Sickening posted:

I get that these matches aren't timed, but warnings should have been made. That was embarrassing from the judges.

That was a regular timed match, 50 minute round. Strangely, they were in the draw bracket.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

End of Life Guy posted:

Angry Grimace posted:

I don't think propping Legacy and hoping people will buy inflated high-margin singles was working.

I would think sales are down if anything. I would also think that shops registering to run small IQ's are also down as there isn't much reason to do them anymore. The decks didn't change much between origins and battle, the need to buy cards has been pretty low for the average player.

It could also be that BBD didn't have much success this year or last and the roster for SSG is already kind of big.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sickening posted:

I would think sales are down if anything. I would also think that shops registering to run small IQ's are also down as there isn't much reason to do them anymore. The decks didn't change much between origins and battle, the need to buy cards has been pretty low for the average player.

It could also be that BBD didn't have much success this year or last and the roster for SSG is already kind of big.

First you played pro for the fame, now you play pro for the job security!

From Player Points To Rent Fees: The BDD Story

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Don't play magic for a living folks. Just don't.

Don't write about it for money either.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

drat I didn't realize that Simian Spirit Guide was using Behavior-Driven Development techniques. Will the card see more modern play now that it has moved to using a different software development process?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Walker Tutor

With inspirational Jace blurb

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Probably costs one mana too much to see eternal play, but hey, this is a super friends card if I've ever seen one.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Ah, I see we have a new designated last pick in draft.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Rinkles posted:

Walker Tutor

I can't wait to open this as my pre-release promo along with zero walkers.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

The Lord of Hats posted:

Ah, I see we have a new designated last pick in draft.

Good night, sweet Ugin's Nexus
And many drafters wheel thee to thy rest

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Can't wait for this, this, prism array

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

So, EDH card. Got it.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Planeswalkers

You will love them

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rinkles posted:

Walker Tutor

I'm on my phone so I don't feel like looking it up but I think this is only the second card in Magic that does literal nothing without a planeswalker involved. Remember the first one? It's The Chain Veil

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.

Rinkles posted:

Walker Tutor

can't wait till draft this.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Pauper League? Pauper League. Come play the only good format left!

Elyv posted:

I'm on my phone so I don't feel like looking it up but I think this is only the second card in Magic that does literal nothing without a planeswalker involved. Remember the first one? It's The Chain Veil

At least that can be sacrificed to Tinker.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Balon posted:

I can't wait to open this as my pre-release promo along with zero walkers.

Can't wait to hatedraft this after someone across the table from me flips out about opening a Gideon.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Rinkles posted:

Walker Tutor

The flavor of the total package here is so cheesy it loops back around to incredible. So is it certain or merely extremely likely that the playtest name for this card was "Batsignal?"

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Voyager I posted:

Can't wait to hatedraft this after someone across the table from me flips out about opening a Gideon.

This is in pack 1/2, Gideon is in pack 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Elyv posted:

This is in pack 1/2, Gideon is in pack 3

Oh well. Maybe they'll accidentally print another good Planeswalker again.

• Locked thread