Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Missed volumes 1 and 2, great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Or you could use this english guide that lists how to get all the ap and all the books.

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-heroes-sen-no-kiseki/Walkthrough

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

You missed book 1, unfortunately :(

Red Moon Rose 1: Apr 18, Keynes in Keynes’ Bookstore
RMR 2: Apr 24, Anita in Celdic Grand Market
RMR 3: Apr 25, Robin in the farmhouse on West Celtic Road 2
RMR 4: May 29, Fumy at the resting area in Aurochs Fort
RMR 5: May 30, Annette on the bench near the north exit of station road
RMR 6: June 27, Soldier Manning in Southern Nord Highlands (?)
RMR 7: June 28, Soldier Hoover on top of the tank at Zender Gate
RMR 8: July 24, Roberto on a bench in Mater Park
RMR 9: July 26, Tim in SE Doraikerusu (??? I have no idea how this was translated. Dreichels?) Square
RMR 10: Aug 28, old lady Daphne in private house 1, Arseid
RMR 11: Aug 30, maid Prana on the second floor of the Arseid Viscounty Mansion
RMR 12: Sep 25, elder Oulu on the bench near the escalator, doesn't say what town/area
RMR 13: Sep 26, receptionist Fraga in the Roer Institute of Technology
RMR 14: Oct 23, butler Celestin at the resting area on the second floor of the school building
You can exchange them all to get a zemurian ore on the same day you get volume 14.

Lol 1 was the only one I found on my own.

I'm still in chapter 2 and thought it'd be a once per month thing :(

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

You missed book 1, unfortunately :(

Red Moon Rose 1: Apr 18, Keynes in Keynes’ Bookstore
RMR 2: Apr 24, Anita in Celdic Grand Market
RMR 3: Apr 25, Robin in the farmhouse on West Celtic Road 2
RMR 4: May 29, Fumy at the resting area in Aurochs Fort
RMR 5: May 30, Annette on the bench near the north exit of station road
RMR 6: June 27, Soldier Manning in Southern Nord Highlands (?)
RMR 7: June 28, Soldier Hoover on top of the tank at Zender Gate
RMR 8: July 24, Roberto on a bench in Mater Park
RMR 9: July 26, Tim in SE Doraikerusu (??? I have no idea how this was translated. Dreichels?) Square
RMR 10: Aug 28, old lady Daphne in private house 1, Arseid
RMR 11: Aug 30, maid Prana on the second floor of the Arseid Viscounty Mansion
RMR 12: Sep 25, elder Oulu on the bench near the escalator, doesn't say what town/area
RMR 13: Sep 26, receptionist Fraga in the Roer Institute of Technology
RMR 14: Oct 23, butler Celestin at the resting area on the second floor of the school building
You can exchange them all to get a zemurian ore on the same day you get volume 14.

RMR 6 is actually at the Watchtower.

And yeah, Dreichels.

Zaggitz posted:

Or you could use this english guide that lists how to get all the ap and all the books.

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-heroes-sen-no-kiseki/Walkthrough

For a fairly liberal definition of english, anyway. But a nice list like this is better.

Erg posted:

Lol 1 was the only one I found on my own.

I'm still in chapter 2 and thought it'd be a once per month thing :(

Just another case of the series reinforcing the idea that you should talk to absolutely everyone every time something happens.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 29, 2015

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Supremezero posted:

RMR 6 is actually at the Watchtower.

And yeah, Dreichels.

For a fairly liberal definition of english, anyway. But a nice list like this is better.

Just another case of the series reinforcing the idea that you should talk to absolutely everyone every time something happens.

I actually thought I'd been doing pretty well on that front but I guess I haven't been thorough enough

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Okay, how do you kill Shining Poms? I just ran into one and barely did any damage to one before they all fled.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dr. Fetus posted:

Okay, how do you kill Shining Poms? I just ran into one and barely did any damage to one before they all fled.

S-Breaks and instant death spells (Shadow Spear)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Ahaha, that's a lot of exp and Sepith.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The nice thing about Shining Poms in FC is that while they're rare, they always spawn in the same spots, and those are usually on the road to the next region of the kingdom.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dr. Fetus posted:

Ahaha, that's a lot of exp and Sepith.

Yeah, they're Metal Slimes. They're insanely profitable if you're willing to grind them.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Is chapter 4 of Cold Steel the longest one? because drat this thing is long. Full of good, important reveals, but long.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Definitely the longest so far.

I really hope I can buy U-Material eventually, because farming enough for the whole group's weapons takes forever now.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i just don't upgrade weapons because i don't even have money to buy everyone new gear

i am so broke all the time, this game hits too close to home for my liking

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cake Attack posted:

i just don't upgrade weapons because i don't even have money to buy everyone new gear

I just sell any and every zeram powder i come across.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Zaggitz posted:

I just sell any and every zeram powder i come across.

I keep getting tempted to do this, but then my "But what if I need it later?" :ohdear: reaction kicks in. Instead I'm just barely managing to afford some and leaving some party members to rot gearwise. Like Elliot and Emma.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

Ideally, isn't weapon upgrading a good way of saving money? I focus on new armor instead of trying to buy new all of the new weapons when they appear. Maybe U-Material is scarce and I'm screwing myself for later on but it's working out alright for me in the short term.

CS is like FC but worse when it comes to Mira. In FC you were always poor but usually had just enough to buy all of the latest gear. CS has you poor enough that you can't buy it all each time short of grinding. Oddly in SC I never had money troubles. Even though you started the game with like zero cash you earned much larger amounts than in the first game.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

pick-e posted:

Ideally, isn't weapon upgrading a good way of saving money? I focus on new armor instead of trying to buy new all of the new weapons when they appear. Maybe U-Material is scarce and I'm screwing myself for later on but it's working out alright for me in the short term.

CS is like FC but worse when it comes to Mira. In FC you were always poor but usually had just enough to buy all of the latest gear. CS has you poor enough that you can't buy it all each time short of grinding. Oddly in SC I never had money troubles. Even though you started the game with like zero cash you earned much larger amounts than in the first game.

You can really slowly grind money whenever Elliot is in the party. If you use him to cook omelets he's guaranteed to make either a great or the best omelet. The supplies for one cost 60 mira (or maybe a little more) and the two results sell for either 70 or 90 mira. It's a slim profit margin, but you can make 99 at a time and start raking in a couple hundred every minute.

There might be other tricks like this but I'm early in the game still.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

man if you hadn't played any other games in the series before Cold Steel (chapter 5) the way they formally introduce The Society for the first time is pretty silly. oh yeah rean, there's a secret society with incredibly advanced technology manipulating the continent from the shadows. don't worry about it. it's probably not important.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I don't think "Drinks are on me, someday!" will ever get old for me.

Erg posted:

You can really slowly grind money whenever Elliot is in the party. If you use him to cook omelets he's guaranteed to make either a great or the best omelet. The supplies for one cost 60 mira (or maybe a little more) and the two results sell for either 70 or 90 mira. It's a slim profit margin, but you can make 99 at a time and start raking in a couple hundred every minute.

There might be other tricks like this but I'm early in the game still.

This doesn't sound much faster than poopsocking for U-Mats. Getting enough to upgrade all five weapons in your field study group will net you a fair amount of sepith to trade in, too. Not to mention XP and other loot.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Estelle is great. :allears: Also Dorthy was like the only useful NPC in battle so far, considering she actually does something. Occasionally. How ironic.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 30, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Despite how Persona they tried to make this game (but probably no where near Tokyo Xanadu in direct attempt at it) I'm really glad all of the classmates have reasons to hate or conflict with each other. It's kind of contrived in how ALL THESE LIFE AND DEATH MENIAL BRACER LIKE JOBS WERE JUST WHAT WE ALL NEEDED TO WORK THROUGH OUR PERSONAL TEENAGE ANGST ISSUES, but none of them are entirely stupid and I appreciate that in a action JRPG. One of them catches onto something in the plot and the rest usually follow in discovering something or noticing a teacher/character's bullshit.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I really like Xanadu Next so I hope Tokyo Xanadu ends up being good.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Prince Olivert's VA is loving killing it. Is that Matt Mercer?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Really Pants posted:

Certainly sounds like him.

... really, it sounds like Troy Baker, but that's part of being Matt Mercer. I sincerely doubt XSEED could pay Troy Baker's modern fees.

But in a generally amazing game, one of the greatest parts still manages to be voiced Olivier.

Crabtree posted:

Despite how Persona they tried to make this game (but probably no where near Tokyo Xanadu in direct attempt at it) I'm really glad all of the classmates have reasons to hate or conflict with each other. It's kind of contrived in how ALL THESE LIFE AND DEATH MENIAL BRACER LIKE JOBS WERE JUST WHAT WE ALL NEEDED TO WORK THROUGH OUR PERSONAL TEENAGE ANGST ISSUES, but none of them are entirely stupid and I appreciate that in a action JRPG. One of them catches onto something in the plot and the rest usually follow in discovering something or noticing a teacher/character's bullshit.

I don't really know that it's contrived in this case.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Really Pants posted:

If it's the same VA he had in Trails in the Sky, it's Travis Willingham. Who knows if it is, though. The blog post mentioned that they wanted to keep VA consistency with Sky, but it's pretty hard when they were randos called in to do 13 battle lines.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Really Pants posted:

You might want to spoiler that even though It's something I think most people would have thought very likely.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Does anyone else have both versions of Cold Steel? I just started up my PS3 version and want to continue from my Vita cross save, but that option isn't on the main menu. Do I have to rush through the prologue until I have access to the save menu so I can download the cross save?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Munin posted:

You might want to spoiler that even though It's something I think most people would have thought very likely.

He's in the intro.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Really Pants posted:

He's in the intro.

Yeah, but plenty of people are still playing through the previous games. That character is also so good that I prefer the dawning realisation to come naturally.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Munin posted:

Yeah, but plenty of people are still playing through the previous games. That character is also so good that I prefer the dawning realisation to come naturally.

To be honest I'm pretty sure a lot of people came to that realization like 3 minutes after meeting him. It's kinda a predictable plot twist. He is a p. good character though. (and no reason not to spoil it if you can help it.)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you two do realize you're revealing a hell of a lot more about him than I have, right

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Really Pants posted:

you two do realize you're revealing a hell of a lot more about him than I have, right

No, you kinda put a major fact right out there and we haven't added anything to it.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Erg posted:

Does anyone else have both versions of Cold Steel? I just started up my PS3 version and want to continue from my Vita cross save, but that option isn't on the main menu. Do I have to rush through the prologue until I have access to the save menu so I can download the cross save?

I actually forgot that you get the save menu the minute you get control. So you really just need to hold O for a minute while the intro cutscenes are going on

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yo the boss at the end of the chapter 5 old school house dungeon dive is some loving hard poo poo.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Oh for fucks sake, game. Stop hiding Hearty Powders. Is the only way to get more of these from Micht?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Supremezero posted:

I don't really know that it's contrived in this case.

It could have been a lot worse if the characters weren't good and the execution of their actions wasn't this good. I'm very happy whoever translated and original wrote this game both knew what they were doing.

Also gently caress Chapter 3's Bosses, what quartz or sub item equipment set up do I need to best handle that second flute monster outside of just grinding levels and healing items?

Oh right, and is there something I'm doing wrong or does the game like to crash on the VITA when playing battle cards on the train?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Never crashed for me

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

haha i just one shot the chapter 6 old school boss, domination is so overpowered

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Crabtree posted:

Oh right, and is there something I'm doing wrong or does the game like to crash on the VITA when playing battle cards on the train?

I've had it freeze a couple of times, but it always fixed itself after a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Crabtree posted:

It could have been a lot worse if the characters weren't good and the execution of their actions wasn't this good. I'm very happy whoever translated and original wrote this game both knew what they were doing.

Also gently caress Chapter 3's Bosses, what quartz or sub item equipment set up do I need to best handle that second flute monster outside of just grinding levels and healing items?

Not sure what level you're at, but my favoured strategy in that fight was Millium/Rean/Alisa/Emma. Alisa keeps Rean+Millium+Emma supplied with CP and healed, and Emma keeps Alisa mostly supplied with CP and healed. An Impassion on Alisa at times also helped. 200 CP S-Crafts from Millium and Rean took care of the rest, especially for nice Overkill/Triple Kill bonuses. Ending XP multiplier on that fight was 4.2x.