Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Can't you guys trade them for a family of Syrian refugees or something?

e: a shameful snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I'm reading in GBS that he may have been tracked down due to still using his own cellphone.

Who the gently caress hasn't seen a show or movie where they ditch phones right away?! They even do that poo poo in Pineapple Express!

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Guy is clearly not the sharpest tool in the box

quote:

But Ethan had just met some of the kids hours earlier, and he didn’t want to leave them alone in his house. So he told everyone to get in the truck. On the way out of the house, Ethan picked up a box fan and smashed it on the ground.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Well I'm glad we got the little psychopath early before his true reign of terror could begin. I mean I know he's responsible for multiple deaths already but imagine if he'd wised up and manage to fly under the radar for a while.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

I'm in the mood for some bitschaden. Where can I read about the latest stuff these days?

YOSPOS › Bitcoin: Australian School of Economics

It's schaden all the way down.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Say Nothing posted:

So, basically a bunch of fat, clumsy people plummeting headfirst into a crash pad? I'd pay to see that.

It's Stone Mountain, too, so some of those fat, clumsy people will also be white supremacists. Let's all hope it's a small crash pad.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Dumbfuck people doing dumbfuck things, mostly.
http://imgur.com/gallery/fhPHU

Link at the bottom for other galleries.

That dog grabbing the skateboard from behind the fence is probably my favorite gif of all time. I still crack up every time I see it.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Still less obnoxious than those kids who went around smashing milk bottles in supermarkets.

At least popcorn is easy to clean.

It's also safe to assume that the popcorn that the popcorn tub had been purchased before throwing it everywhere, unlike the milk.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Hmm well let's see how you feel when you have someone live in your loving place regardless of whether or not you live there.

From a few pages back, but if they were homeless I would let them so long as they kept the place clean and were willing to move out or rent it as soon as I found a renter or buyer for it/had the means to rent from me. :unsmith:

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/dec/29/couple-guilty-july-7-anniversary-bomb-plot-london posted:

A would-be suicide bomber and his wife have been found guilty of planning an attack in London to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the 7 July 2005 suicide attacks.

Mohammed Rehman, 25, who secretly wed Sana Ahmed Khan, 24, intended to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the 7/7 atrocities with blasts that would have inflicted mass casualties in either Westfield shopping centre, west London, or the London Underground, the Old Bailey was told.

After three days of deliberations, a jury on Tuesday found the pair guilty of preparing an act of terrorism. Rehman was also convicted of possessing an article for terrorist purposes.

Using the alias “Silent Bomber” on Twitter, Rehman asked his followers in May for suggestions about which target to choose. “Westfield shopping centre or London underground?” Rehman asked. “Any advice would be appreciated greatly.” The post carried a link to an al-Qaida media release about the 7/7 bombings.

With £14,000 he obtained from his wife, he purchased 10kg of urea nitrate to construct an explosive device at his parents’ home in Reading and even filmed himself detonating a small charge in his back garden.

Rehman was said to have been only days away from assembling the bomb when he was arrested on 28 May by anti-terror police, after an undercover investigator spotted his tweet about potential targets.

Tony Badenoch QC, prosecuting, told the jury that the couple shared a “common interest” in violent, jihadi ideology and had repeatedly researched the history of the 7/7 bombers.

They had a keen interest in Islamic State and Rehman’s online research showed he “wished to play his own part”. One online post used a profile picture of Jihadi John.

The same day, he trawled YouTube for details about the London bombings and the “martyrdom” video of Shehzad Tanweer, one of the 7/7 bombers whom he referred to as his “beloved predecessor”. Rehman also told a Twitter user: “Why don’t you head to the London Underground on the 7th July if you got the balls.”

The undercover investigator engaged Rehman in a private conversation in which the defendant subsequently asked him “how dumb these Kuffar [non-Muslims] are lol”.

Rehman confided that he was preparing to die and asked the officer if he wanted to join him or go the “lone wolf route”. Jurors were told his intentions could not have been clearer when he tweeted: “Now I just make explosives in preparation for kuffar lol and when I’ve made the required amount I’ll be wearing them on my chest.”

When approached by police, Rehman fled to a nearby Co-op store where – despite trying to kick and punch his way out – he was detained by armed officers. He insisted there was nothing dangerous in his home, but searches recovered a hunting knife and chemicals for a bomb.

In a police interview, Rehman admitted making and testing explosives but denied intending to harm anyone. He claimed he had used Twitter to draw attention to himself in the hope he would be arrested and put in custody.

Khan, who studied at Greenwich University, refused to answer questions from police but admitted having conversations with Rehman about Isis and jihad. She denied knowing about his Twitter activities.

The couple had known each other for 10 years, but she kept their Islamic marriage a secret from her family as they did not approve of Rehman, who was divorced. Each of them lived with their own parents in Reading.

Both denied wrongdoing but refused to give evidence. Rehman and Khan showed no emotion as the verdicts were read out but she glanced up to the public gallery as they were led off to the cells.

[...]

This is some Four Lions poo poo right here.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

KazigluBey posted:

This is some Four Lions poo poo right here.

"In a police interview, Rehman admitted making and testing explosives but denied intending to harm anyone. He claimed he had used Twitter to draw attention to himself in the hope he would be arrested and put in custody."

That's not how you use the puppemaster defense, bub.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
:nws:
http://i.imgur.com/8IQQSrd.gifv

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That is one thin metal dick.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

I'm reading in GBS that he may have been tracked down due to still using his own cellphone.

Who the gently caress hasn't seen a show or movie where they ditch phones right away?! They even do that poo poo in Pineapple Express!

Must be all that Miller Lite. Seriously, what the gently caress counts as 'affluent' in Texas? If there is true justice, the entire family should be sent up the river. The whole family sounds like pieces of poo poo that have bribed countless members of the community. Added bonus is if an investigation was opened up on that judge that suddenly retired after Miller Lite Boy got a smack on the wrist.

I want to think that the cell phones were kept because this loser and his lovely family really thought they were above the law. That's not just stupidity, that's arrogance mixed with stupidity.

Rough Lobster posted:

Well I'm glad we got the little psychopath early before his true reign of terror could begin. I mean I know he's responsible for multiple deaths already but imagine if he'd wised up and manage to fly under the radar for a while.

Bright side? No matter how this turns out from a justice standpoint (he'll get jail time, and so will mom), we're going to get all of the dirt on this lovely family as a nice Karma bonus.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

It's Stone Mountain, too, so some of those fat, clumsy people will also be white supremacists. Let's all hope it's a small crash pad.

I'm hoping someone wears a confederate flag as a cape right before they really gently caress themselves up.

SpacePig posted:

That dog grabbing the skateboard from behind the fence is probably my favorite gif of all time. I still crack up every time I see it.

It's also safe to assume that the popcorn that the popcorn tub had been purchased before throwing it everywhere, unlike the milk.

Who wouldn't gladly pay for that milk and the time it took to clean it up to see that rear end in a top hat break his jaw?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

That is one thin metal dick.

Son, let me tell you about sounding.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Bright side? No matter how this turns out from a justice standpoint (he'll get jail time, and so will mom)

Yeah, all of 4 months in a juvenile facility.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Peanut President posted:

He's 18 and landed himself on the US Marshals wanted posters for his flight. He no longer has that kind of safety.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Peanut President posted:

This case already destroyed one juvie judge's career.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Kill the judge and the kid and the mom for starting the whole thing

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Dumbfuck people doing dumbfuck things, mostly.
http://imgur.com/gallery/fhPHU

Link at the bottom for other galleries.

uhhh is this guy dead now? :stare:

http://i.imgur.com/ZVw4Qu4.webm

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Looks like water down there?

I hope?

:ohdear:

orange sky
May 7, 2007

ArcMage posted:

Looks like water down there?

I hope?

:ohdear:

Last time that was posted I think someome mentioned it was a stunt, he has a parachute.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

At that height, hitting water is like hitting concrete. :rip:

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
The only thing I could find about him says he was wearing a parachute.

http://www.killsometime.com/videos/18438/Base-Jumper-Trips-and-Falls-Off-The-Building

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Huntersoninski posted:

The only thing I could find about him says he was wearing a parachute.

http://www.killsometime.com/videos/18438/Base-Jumper-Trips-and-Falls-Off-The-Building

you see it at the bottom left of the video. also he has a harness on.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

Kill the judge and the kid and the mom for starting the whole thing

No, they're all innocent, it was that girl who needed a tampon's fault.

quote:

She watched as the boys got in. Two up front. Two in the backseat. Two in the bed.Garrett reassured her that he’d seen Ethan drive like this plenty of times before. He sat in the back with the door open, inviting her in.

She chokes up as she talks about it. Looking back, she feels like the whole thing is her fault. The only reason they were in the truck that night was to get her a tampon. “Garrett told me, ‘It’ll be fine,’ ” she says. “And I got in.”

orange sky posted:

Last time that was posted I think someome mentioned it was a stunt, he has a parachute.
Let's just say this was the case...

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

A parachute won't help much if you knocked yourself out.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

chitoryu12 posted:

He's 18 and landed himself on the US Marshals wanted posters for his flight. He no longer has that kind of safety.

The conviction came from a juvenile court, so he's limited to juvenile sentencing. They can jail him til his 19th birthday in April unless there's some serious legal wrangling beyond the ken of mortal men at play here.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

NeurosisHead posted:

The conviction came from a juvenile court, so he's limited to juvenile sentencing. They can jail him til his 19th birthday in April unless there's some serious legal wrangling beyond the ken of mortal men at play here.

The DA who's prosecuting the case wants to see his case transferred to an adult court. Meanwhile, Couch and his mom are fighting to avoid extradition to the United States.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

NeurosisHead posted:

That's not really how it works. His original sentence was 10 years which would have taken him well past 19 anyway. Violating the probation means he's probably going to end up with the remainder of those 10 years. He'll just be transferred to an adult facility once he ages out of the juvenile facility(I think Texas only houses juvenile offenders until 17 anyway so he's probably going to go to real prison as soon as they institute the sentence).

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
Is there a german word for anti-schadenfreude? Because that is what this is:
http://youtu.be/hStfb6DhlsY
Its those Viking genes.

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.

Lu Yan posted:

Its those Viking genes.

Would it be German for extreme boredom?

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lu Yan posted:

Its those Viking genes.

Is there an opposite of pro-click? Because that's what this is.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Lu Yan posted:

Its those Viking genes.

I was very excited for this because it opened with every element needed for some dank freude: nighttime, big storm, expensive boats, waves crashing over the dock, no handrails, one hand taken up with camera, etc. It could go so many different places, all beautiful.

And then nothing loving happened.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I guess that's why it's anti-schadenfreude. Because you expect something bad to happen, and then nothing does.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Boywhiz88 posted:

It would be amazing if the browser history on the phones have schadenfreude relating to anti forensics.

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!

SpacePig posted:

I guess that's why it's anti-schadenfreude. Because you expect something bad to happen, and then nothing does.

That's called Disappointment.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
MRAs continue to be dumb as hell

[img]http://i.imgur.com/gL7zSVl.png[[/img]

Flawless logic

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
$4 million is a rounding error for Star Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Oh no, that means "The Force Awakens" could have grossed $1.232,2 billion instead of $1.228 billion, whatever will Disney, Lucas, Abrams etc now do to live with that massive loss :cry: ?