Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Jerry Cotton posted:

Fixed that for you.

:eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Insightful political commentary itt

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darkest Auer posted:

Insightful political commentary itt

I'm the Lauantaipussi (or whatever) stickers.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Good news for Sipilä: government coalition gained 0.2% in polls!

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007
http://yle.fi/uutiset/kauppojen_aukiolo_vapautuu_heti_vuoden_alussa/8561177

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

ei auta, silti pitää ehtii siwaan ennen ysii

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mulli posted:

ei auta, silti pitää ehtii siwaan ennen ysii

eiks jaksa juosta stevareilta enää loppuillasta?

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Ei vittu onko pohjoismaiselle taulapäisyydelle vertaista mitä tulee luuloihin Muista Ihmisistä (kunhan ne on siis ruskeita tai tulee jostain Lähi-Idästä).

Hyvää Tarkoittava Jengi oikeasti luulee, että ne on jotain traumatisoituneita vajakkeja tai älyltään muuten lapsen tai eläimen tasoisia, eikä normaaleja ihmisiä?

t: katsoin juuri tunti sitten dokkaria missä ihan oikeasti juuri kovan sodan käyneet (mikä ei ensikään edes pidä paikkaansa näiden meidän tulijoiden kanssa) libyalaiset juhlivat muhiksen synttäriä vuonna 2012 paukuttelemalla ilotulitetta niin pirusti, tapa bilettää minkä Gaddafi oli kai kieltänyt tai jotain

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
A new propaganda angle from YLE in the continuing fight to ban firearms from regular folks.

The title says "Hunting Invoked, Yet We Kill Each Other!!1" but the meat of the article is actually about firearm suicides committed by Finns. The logic is taking away rifles, shotguns, pistols etc from our 1,6 million or so hunters, hobbyist and practical shooters is a solution to alcoholism and depression, because 160 of them might shoot themselves? Instead of...

... using pills, hanging themselves or use one of the new fancy suicide fads which is crashing your car against a truck or a bus on the wrong lane.

This is one of the more bizarre and difficult agendas from the left and YLE and EU for that matter for me to understand. Gun crime in, say, Sweden is something like 10 times worse than it is here even though channels like YLE/HS doggedly paint Finland as an Europe leading firearms hell straight from Fallout: New Kontula.

We don't have crazy gangs of criminals shooting each other, or civilians. The police have to fire a shot less than 10 times a year and even most of those are warning shots. We have 2 people killed related to gun crime (not counting suicides) in Helsinki between 2013 and 2015. Clearly we don't have a rampant firearm problem like, say, USA. The article uses rhetoric techniques like "it is claimed Finland has a long culture of hunting..." when we actually have a long hunting culture.

What's the point? Anyone of you trolls, weirdos and nerds have good suggestions? Because I frankly don't know.

edit:

come on, is every post longer than one line = being triggered, please bro
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Ligur fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 30, 2015

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
the triggerer has become the triggered

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Ligur I love you, but you're going to get an aneurysm at this rate. You're posting on an online comedy forum, don't take the musselman invasion and literal (lol triggered) downfall of civilization so seriously.

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
Also the article doesn't propose taking away guns completely just making them harder to use for when se tunne kun haluaa ampua itsensä.

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
or just ask "hey dudes, mind if we shoot off some fireworks? No? Cool"

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
http://m.mtv.fi/uutiset/rikos/artikkeli/poliisi-ylivieskan-torkea-raiskaus-oli-keksitty/5631996

Whoops.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Darkest Auer posted:

Ligur I love you, but you're going to get an aneurysm at this rate. You're posting on an online comedy forum, don't take the musselman invasion and literal (lol triggered) downfall of civilization so seriously.

I, uhh, don't?

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

Ligur posted:

I, uhh, don't?

you literally do

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Mulli posted:

you literally do

But you take wearing a birdcage as a hat seriously, also shooting endangered animals... so...

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ligur posted:

I, uhh, don't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZJi7TWVmgA

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
literally

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nauta posted:

literally

Some mixed-user Timo Soini just set the old Pansio people's house ablaze, probably because the nearby refugee shelter is guarded. If Timo Soinis would just stop raping and murhapolttaing so much all the time (not to mention making up rapes committed by foreign-looking people just out of malice*) maybe actual human people would stop calling them nazi scum :shrug:

*) I mean just in the past few months there's been what three or four cases now that the Ylivieska double-rape was revealed to be a hoax?

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 30, 2015

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Ligur posted:

A new propaganda angle from YLE in the continuing fight to ban firearms from regular folks.

The title says "Hunting Invoked, Yet We Kill Each Other!!1" but the meat of the article is actually about firearm suicides committed by Finns. The logic is taking away rifles, shotguns, pistols etc from our 1,6 million or so hunters, hobbyist and practical shooters is a solution to alcoholism and depression, because 160 of them might shoot themselves? Instead of...

... using pills, hanging themselves or use one of the new fancy suicide fads which is crashing your car against a truck or a bus on the wrong lane.

I don't support banning of hunting rifles but for the drunk vittuuntunut hunter it's a lot easier to pikaistuksissaan shoot himself than to start looking for trucks or pills or whatever. The availability of a quick and easy button you can press to die absolutely does increase suicide rates, and also the number of attempts that are successful.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Just kidding, it's in Turku so Hesburger probably wants to build a high-rise there or something so it had to "mysteriously" burn down like all old buildings. Doesn't mean Ligurs still shouldn't stop with the rapey-arsoney stuff.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

doverhog posted:

I don't support banning of hunting rifles but for the drunk vittuuntunut hunter it's a lot easier to pikaistuksissaan shoot himself than to start looking for trucks or pills or whatever. The availability of a quick and easy button you can press to die absolutely does increase suicide rates, and also the number of attempts that are successful.

if people with guns shoot themselves, who loses? that is, if they don't go for the hat trick

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

if people with guns shoot themselves, who loses? that is, if they don't go for the hat trick

Kepu loses a voter. You'd think they'd catch onto that.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

doverhog posted:

The availability of a quick and easy button you can press to die absolutely does increase suicide rates, and also the number of attempts that are successful.

Like, how? Suicides are not something people randomly pull out of their D&D post and do it on a whim.

Is there a study about or that or something?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Probably is but I'll just call it common sense this time.

Joakim Brecht
Aug 20, 2013

Ligur posted:

This is one of the more bizarre and difficult agendas from the left and YLE and EU for that matter for me to understand.
As a person who’s gone through major depressive episodes, I’m extremely thankful of the fact that I haven’t had an easy access to firearms because I surely wouldn’t be alive now if I had.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Joakim Brecht posted:

As a person who’s gone through major depressive episodes, I’m extremely thankful of the fact that I haven’t had an easy access to firearms because I surely wouldn’t be alive now if I had.

"Yksittäistapaus" - Ligur

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

Ligur posted:

Like, how? Suicides are not something people randomly pull out of their D&D post and do it on a whim.

Is there a study about or that or something?

here's some stuff

quote:

Aseharrastajien pieni mutta äänekäs vähemmistö vastustaa voimakkaasti lähes kaikkia ampuma-aseisiin kohdistuvia rajoituksia. Kansanterveysnäkökulmasta näyttö aserajoitusten vaikuttavuudesta on kuitenkin kiistaton. Suomalaisten miesten itsemurhien määrä olisi parhaiten vähennettävissä ampuma-aselakia edelleen kiristämällä. Aseiden saatavuuden rajoittamisella olisi myönteisiä vaikutuksia myös tapaturmien ehkäisyn ja yleisen turvallisuuden edistämisen kannalta.

Golden Gate Bride fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 30, 2015

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
We don't have a shortage of depressed Finnish men, but if we now agree to tighten the gun laws they'll never be eased up again. Let's not touch the laws.

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
Edit: goddamn no. no, just no. sorry.

Golden Gate Bride fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 30, 2015

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
The gun regulations suggested now would mostly gently caress with collectors, reservists, practical shooters and so on. For example assault-rifleish weapons would be well night impossible to get, or subs. You couldn't practice with them either. I don't think banning those or other semi-automatics altogether would do anything to the 180 or so people who plan to commit suicide?

About 800 people commit suicide yearly. It's bullshit to say that banning collectors and reservists from using their weapons or getting new ones has a "merkittävä kansanterveydellinen vaikutus".

edit: for reference, about 50 000 people die every year give or take. 0,0036% die because they shot themselves. Todella merkittävää? Kyllä nyt tämän takia pitää estää keräilijöitä ja harrastajia keräämästä ja harrastamasta ja vittuilla 670 000 aseenomistajalle! Jotain suhteellisuudentajua, hei.

Joakim Brecht posted:

Yes, that is very good, firearms are not very easy to get.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 31, 2015

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
This is really hard. Vote kepu just to spite the anti gunners, or LA to spite ligur?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

His Divine Shadow posted:

This is really hard. Vote kepu just to spite the anti gunners, or LA to spite ligur?

Vote rooftops.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Why do news and people talk about male suicide only when it comes to Guns?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

punakone posted:

Why do news and people talk about male suicide only when it comes to Guns?

Because it's a convenient angle.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You shouldn't even be allowed to vote.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Since I'm a hurri my vote in fact counts for two fifths more than yours do.

Oops probably shouldn't let that info get out! But anyone with a copy of protocols of the elders of närpiö can see that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Since I'm a hurri my vote in fact counts for two fifths more than yours do.

Oops probably shouldn't let that info get out! But anyone with a copy of protocols of the elders of närpiö can see that.

Does Närpes even have a lodge?