Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

TMMadman posted:

Jesus just stop using Facebook. It's so last decade anyway.

We just stopped using AIM this year, and IRC is still very popular. Ecco has infected this community with ludditism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Rarity posted:

Mafia friends! Do you like TV? Do you like goons? Do you like lists?

If the answer to all those questions is yes then come join us in TVIV for our annual TVIV Shows of the Year Thread. All you have to do is list your top 10 shows of 2015 in descending order with a little sentence explaining why you like each one. It's simple, it's fun and it's a great source for discovering good TV shows you haven't seen. Come join us! (And vote for Jessica Jones while you're at it)

I might do a list (I probably won't) but watch You're the Worst it's the only thing I'd consider putting over Fargo at number one for this year. Otherwise I think the only interesting thing about my list would be Scream Queens squeaking in at the end.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

None of you are cool enough to be my FB friend :colbert:

Wow, rude.

*unfriends*

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Even snapchat feels old now

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I'm back in Kansas now, thank god.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rarity posted:

I am 50% organising it, yes. Support me in my non-mafia endeavors people :colbert:

done. i was very wrong about my own opinions.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i can't believe it when people (exakt and i assume anonnarc) find me on facebook. i just have my first name 'john' on facebook, no last name. like how do you go through all the possible 'johns' in your suggested list?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ernie. posted:

i can't believe it when people (exakt and i assume anonnarc) find me on facebook. i just have my first name 'john' on facebook, no last name. like how do you go through all the possible 'johns' in your suggested list?

Asiina > Friends > mutual friends

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ernie. posted:

Facebook automatically gives priority to people with mutual friends.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ernie. posted:

Capps and I have no friends in common and he is in my suggested list. Sometimes, facebook just knows.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

chaoslord posted:

Capps and I have no friends in common and he is in my suggested list. Sometimes, facebook just knows.

I mean you're friends with me and I am capps so

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

Sometimes, facebook just knows.

It frequently asks if I want to add my ex girlfriend and her family from years ago. It's weird.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

It frequently asks if I want to add my ex girlfriend and her family from years ago. It's weird.

Is her phone number in your phone?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Same. She added me recently though so I just accepted to make it go away.

Her family and friends are still there though. I don't like it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Is her phone number in your phone?

not anymore. At least I don't think so. I never look at my contacts or use my phone for actual calls/texting

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Same. She added me recently though so I just accepted to make it go away.

Her family and friends are still there though. I don't like it.

please don't add my exes tia

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

But Kashuno.

I am your ex.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

But Kashuno.

I am your ex.

too spook

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

please don't add my exes tia

At first I thought about correcting you but this story is better.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kashuno posted:

please don't to add my exes tia

fixed

mafia friends whenever one of us changes their facebook relationship status in a good way, embarrass them by commenting on it about their dumbest forum post ever

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

'keane's new girlfriend, did you know that he was nominated for SA Mafia's ShuckyDucky Of The Year award 8 times in a row?'

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jokes in you, my girlfriend knows I am several layers deep in irony.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I don't see how someone could date Keane and be surprised by anything anymore

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also please don't add my wife and tell her you're my friends from the mafia because there's no way that will help with the proceedings.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anyway Ernie one if my friends already told her about the many times I would get naked at parties yell "I'm a helicopter!" and spin my penis in a circle, so Whatcha got.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Anyway Ernie one if my friends already told her about the many times I would get naked at parties yell "I'm a helicopter!" and spin my penis in a circle, so Whatcha got.

well, i can add to that that you once did it during a job interview when you were asked what your strengths are

Opopanax posted:

Also please don't add my wife and tell her you're my friends from the mafia because there's no way that will help with the proceedings.

she doesn't want to hear about how when we play together i kill you regardless of my alignment because i know you're better than me? well, then.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ernie. posted:

she doesn't want to hear about how when we play together i kill you regardless of my alignment because i know you're better than me? well, then.

Well, I guess I could take some character witness statements

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

well, i can add to that that you once did it during a job interview when you were asked what your strengths are

Yeah, but I got the job so.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Who has a controller for their computer and wants my very favourite steam game?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

That's very generous but I'd rather play Gone Home again when it comes to consoles on January 12th.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

if you're offering Brothers then I'll split it with you

I'll get the game for every second person who requests it (mafia pals only)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

if you're offering Brothers then I'll split it with you

I'll get the game for every second person who requests it (mafia pals only)

I am, because it's the absolute greatest game.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
brothers was a very somber game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

never heard of brothers but I like games

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

I am, because it's the absolute greatest game.

earlier this year i bought it for my best friend and carefully instructed him to play it with a controller and not a keyboard+mouse. like a month later i'm over at his place and he goes "i'm playing one of the games you bought me" and i see him playing brothers with a keyboard and i flip my poo poo.

the next day i gave him my x360 controller, he somehow broke it (or got broken by me transporting it or something). so i give him my steam controller. he finally played it and loved it and i couldn't care less that i spent >$50, +2 days of anger + 1 month of patience so my friend could experience the wonderful game that is Brothers and we could chat about how great it is

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

how do you like the steam controller Ernie

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

how do you like the steam controller Ernie

oh man, it's so good. ergonomics wise it's not the greatest, and it can't be because microsoft specifically has an enormous budget to get that right on the x360 controller. but the customization of the control schemes and how accurate the touchpad controls are and how smart the entire thing is are all above and beyond my expectations.

when i had kb+m and my x360 controller, i used to have two moods. "i'm up for playing video games" and "i'm up for playing video games so long as i use a controller and can just ... not sit tense". now it's just one mood "i'm up for playing video games and oh god someone had better have already made a control scheme". it's that perfect.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

never heard of brothers but I like games

I don't know if we're steam friends maybe not???

https://steamcommunity.com/id/asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

earlier this year i bought it for my best friend and carefully instructed him to play it with a controller and not a keyboard+mouse. like a month later i'm over at his place and he goes "i'm playing one of the games you bought me" and i see him playing brothers with a keyboard and i flip my poo poo.

the next day i gave him my x360 controller, he somehow broke it (or got broken by me transporting it or something). so i give him my steam controller. he finally played it and loved it and i couldn't care less that i spent >$50, +2 days of anger + 1 month of patience so my friend could experience the wonderful game that is Brothers and we could chat about how great it is

Yes, it is an absolutely fantastic game, but it requires a controller.

Without spoiling anything, the controls are part of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I added you asiina on steam