Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why does my frenzy just spike up the second I see a brain lady. I don't even have time for a sedative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The more insight you have the more vulnerable you are to frenzy, and by the time you first run into them you likely have a lot on you

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh poo poo I have like 47. Guess I'm not doing nightmare frontier this time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There also frenzy resist runes and equipment you can equip that will help

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

There also frenzy resist runes and equipment you can equip that will help

Yeah I really need to make a clean up run of runes and stuff. Like I don't have any qs bullet runes. Are there any?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah there's a few. Most you can get is +4 unless there's a rune I missed in the DLC

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oops there's a +5 in a chalice dungeon as well

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Going from being a psychopath berserker in BB NG+ to a sloth-like derp noob at the beginning of DS2 is pretty awesome, lol. I'm getting killed by hollows and crap all over again because I'm crazy aggressive now

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In addition to the chunks in frontier, there are some excellent runes down in the green stuff, iirc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There also a spell squirreled away down there

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

ebriatas is kicking my rear end

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tumor looking batty posted:

ebriatas is kicking my rear end

Try just wedging yourself between her back tails. I summoned that Old Hunter npc to keep her distracted while I would run around to her back. She'll sometimes fly up and this will slightly damage you but it's easy to recover. Just have to watch out for her second stage homing missile attack

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Going from being a psychopath berserker in BB NG+ to a sloth-like derp noob at the beginning of DS2 is pretty awesome, lol. I'm getting killed by hollows and crap all over again because I'm crazy aggressive now

I tried to start a new dark souls game last night and got wrecked in the burg. Not having rally and sidestep is very painfuk

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

Try just wedging yourself between her back tails. I summoned that Old Hunter npc to keep her distracted while I would run around to her back. She'll sometimes fly up and this will slightly damage you but it's easy to recover. Just have to watch out for her second stage homing missile attack

There's a sweet spot on the outside left side of her trial where she can't hit you. Just be careful in phase 2 because the sky lasers will own you if you don't keep her stagger

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny D posted:

There's a sweet spot on the outside left side of her trial where she can't hit you. Just be careful in phase 2 because the sky lasers will own you if you don't keep her stagger

Whirly l2 wins yet again

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shout out to Benny d for that vicar co-op

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

In Training posted:

Another way to deal with wintern lanterns is to stagger them and time the vis so you're in the attack animation when your frenzy tops off so it does 0 damage to you while you're invincible. Getting the timing right is probably more trouble than it's worth though

I used to be a big proponent of the "parry brain ladies all day" strategy, but I discovered that it's pretty goddamn wonky. Many times you'll parry their grab successfully (the thud sound and everything), but they'll ignore the parry and still grab you. It's doable, just tricky with a hint of bullshit.

It's probably better just to equip as much frenzy defense as you can and just murder them the old fashioned way and then take a sedative once they're dead. Or you could live dangerously and just eat the frenzy damage and heal afterwards assuming you don't get frenzied twice.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
The Maria fight is some serious win

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fiction posted:

The Maria fight is some serious win

she's amazingly powerful

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

talk to the doll after you defeat her if the dream isn't burning yet

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

talk to the doll after you defeat her if the dream isn't burning yet

lol'd at this

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Benny D posted:

I tried to start a new dark souls game last night and got wrecked in the burg. Not having rally and sidestep is very painfuk

I seriously wanna enjoy ds2 but I can't and this is exactly why

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
From give me boss rush. Pls.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Imagine fighting cleric, Amelia, Laurence in a row without refilling your vials or bullets.

Or Marie, father g, then kos

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

From give me boss rush. Pls.

I kniw most people didn't like chalices but I love them and I hope they make an even better version in DS3

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Imagine fighting cleric, Amelia....

I think this is doa...

... Laurence in a row

... :ohdear:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I beat Old Hunters and then the main game today. Pretty good loving game overall. Only thing I think I missed were those lovely Chalice Dungeons and I don't have the patience to get down in them to kill Queen Yharnam.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Benny D posted:

I kniw most people didn't like chalices but I love them and I hope they make an even better version in DS3

Thats my favorite part of the game so far and Im playing one of them right now. The short ritual chalice is really good

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
The chalices would be a shitload better if there were more variety in the environments and layouts.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i would pay for an art pass dlc that did nothing but give each chalice type a unique appearance, even if none of the geometry was changed in any way

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tumor looking batty posted:

gently caress nightmare frontie

nigtmare frontier isnt too bad bro. well,

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

AHungryRobot posted:

The chalices would be a shitload better if there were no spiders

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fozzy fosbourne posted:

here's a hot ds2 tip. all the mobs do the same 3 hit combo over and over and over and over. thanks to the scholar of the first sin edition, every room is full of them.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i think it's like ailing loran layer 3 there's 2 bell women in a big ool hallway directly accross from where u start and it's infuriating because if u don't beeline toward them you'll get swarmed by 20 honing spiders in 10 seconds lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Or Marie, father g, then kos

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

nigtmare frontier isnt too bad bro. well,

yeah it wasnt that bad tbh

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Amygdala isn't as bad a fight as she looks like either

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i had a real hard time "getting in there" :"we in there" as they like to say in fighting games, with a weapon that wasn't ludwigs sword during phase three.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I feel really sad for the guy in the church who wants to rescue everybody. Like, 4/5 of the people you can rescue are terrible assholes and the only nice one gets her mind destroyed by an alien rapist yet he still wants to see them all survive this crazy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm tryiong to figure out if the church guy is a jerk or not.