Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

That bike is so loving ugly, I LOVE IT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Now THAT is a motherfucking SCOWL, holy poo poo.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
He scowled so hard he became de-evolved wolverine :eek:

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
I've added two new items to the collection this holiday. One is not an action figure, but I got this for my wife who had put it on her wishlist months ago:

I can't say I'm super happy with it, but she is. From a good distance away it looks OK, but close-up the lack of detail is really jarring, and that necklace looks like poo poo.

The other was a gift to myself, facilitated by Stupid_Sexy_Flander. Thanks for the awesome fig and the tips to getting him set up. Turns out there were a few other issues I had getting him together, mostly with one of the "clips" keeping the belt secured to the holster, as well as the SAME KIND OF PART on the back of the medpack. I fixed the holster with some careful super glue, but I have no idea how I'm managing that with the medpack. Currently, I was able to get it to sit in place, but the "peg" end of the clip that keeps it on the belt is loose enough that if I tap it, the medpack's falling off.

Still, this thing is loving awesome (yes, my desk is a mess blah blah blah):

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When that came out and people in this thread were getting them, they all said the same thing about the clips.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Aphrodite posted:

When that came out and people in this thread were getting them, they all said the same thing about the clips.

Yeah, they're loving awful.

That said, does anyone have a good recommendation for stands for 1/6 scale figures that aren't intrusive or super-ugly? I have an almost-6-year-old who manages to make all my shelves vibrate enough to occasionally knock poo poo over, and I'd prefer Daedd continues standing.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yay!!!!! It showed up!

My friend had scheduled a pickup on the 24th, then the 26th, and finally just had to loving GO to the post office to drop it off along with another express package that they "forgot" to pick up. Needless to say he was a bit livid.

Those clips loving suck man. It's why he's stayed in the same position since I got him. I had actually forgotten about them until you mentioned something, or I'd have warned you about them like I did the belt and vest setup :(

Glad he arrived safely though!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wish I got that Dredd. :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

shymog posted:

Yeah, they're loving awful.

That said, does anyone have a good recommendation for stands for 1/6 scale figures that aren't intrusive or super-ugly? I have an almost-6-year-old who manages to make all my shelves vibrate enough to occasionally knock poo poo over, and I'd prefer Daedd continues standing.

If you want to get fancy I saw some stands made specifically for that Dredd on eBay for like $30. They were shaped like his badge.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Don't know if anybody cares but the latest wave of World of Nintendo 4" figures are hitting shelves, which includes Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Sheik, Gold Mario and Cat Luigi. I'll gladly pay for Waluigi, Bowser Jr and Sheik if anybody sees them.

Is anybody still in need of NECA's Reeves Superman? My TRU had two yesterday but I can go back and grab them if needed.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Meanwhile in Orlando, it's the 1990s.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
KayBee Toys is back.. IN POG FORM

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

I live in Orlando! Where are you, Hudson's Comics or Sci-Fi City? Go to Acme Superstore if you want action figures!

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I live in Orlando! Where are you, Hudson's Comics or Sci-Fi City? Go to Acme Superstore if you want action figures!

I second this. Acme is a bit of a drive but it's absolutely worth it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

That was the ex KB Toys in the Florida Mall next to the Thinkgeek store.

I'll check out Acme on the 3rd! I'm actually in Baton Rouge right now, drove up a couple of days ago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

There's your X-Men movie merchandise, other thread.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

The_Doctor posted:

It's neat that they made all 4,583 Simpsons characters into action figures, and I think he's a fun character at that, but who actually wants a Super Nintendo Chalmers toy?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Red posted:

It's neat that they made all 4,583 Simpsons characters into action figures, and I think he's a fun character at that, but who actually wants a
Super Nintendo Chalmers toy?

I believe that particular variation is very rare.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

I believe that particular variation is very rare.

It's a reference to the TV show The Simpsons. There's a scene in which the character of Ralph Wiggum, a young boy with learning disabilities, calls Superintendent Chalmers, "Super Nintendo Chalmers".

Of course, the episode featuring that scene first aired in 1998, so it's possible that Red's reference is something only 90s kids will get.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Red posted:

It's neat that they made all 4,583 Simpsons characters into action figures, and I think he's a fun character at that, but who actually wants a Super Nintendo Chalmers toy?

Dude, me.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The real question is who wants the Larry Burns figure, a character who appeared in one episode and was created solely to use the voice over talents of Rodney Dangerfield.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Red posted:

A local game shop in my town uses this as their testing machine.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Unmature posted:

Dude, me.

Me as well.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
I should be getting rid of stuff instead of collecting more but anyone got any recommendations on MGS V stuff? Looks like play arts Kai has the nicest stuff out there, anything I could be missing? Any hot tips for getting cheapo bootlegs? Some of those figures are really rare and crazy pricey.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If you want a 6" Big Boss this one looks to be the one to get and should be out this month: http://hlj.com/product/KYD70112/Act

Play Arts are nice figures, but don't pose all that well and are pretty expensive.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

therealjon_ posted:

If you want a 6" Big Boss this one looks to be the one to get and should be out this month: http://hlj.com/product/KYD70112/Act

Play Arts are nice figures, but don't pose all that well and are pretty expensive.
"Pretty expensive" is an understatement, the Play Arts "Quiet" figure routinely sells on eBay for $300+

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

Xenomrph posted:

"Pretty expensive" is an understatement, the Play Arts "Quiet" figure routinely sells on eBay for $300+

Yea that's the one I referring to about bootlegs, but that's all secondary market prices because it's long sold out and everyone must have their waifu, it MSRP'd at 99 or 129 like the rest of the line.

I like all the articulation in the revoltech stuff but man those PAK figures look so much cooler, and tall. Was hoping someone who had some could chime in with "worth the money/not worth the money/knows of some other figures I haven't come across yet on Amazon"

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
They're not worth 99 bucks.

They're 45-50 buck figures at best with a nerd-tax premium attached to them.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Cool, that's what I needed to hear before I need hyped myself into believing they are as awesome as hot toys pieces at half the price. Which due to their size and extra accessories I had begun to do. (They always look so great in those promo photos)

I stopped collecting back around McFarlane movie maniacs 3 so I have no idea what's what aside from what I've picked up reading this thread.

Dr. Lariat fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 1, 2016

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I have a couple of PAK figures from other franchises and they're cool (and they're big and feel really solid), but yeah they're not $100 figures.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

That was the ex KB Toys in the Florida Mall next to the Thinkgeek store.

I'll check out Acme on the 3rd! I'm actually in Baton Rouge right now, drove up a couple of days ago.

Seriously, go to Acme. You won't regret it. And you'll be very close to the best barbecue restaurant in Florida (4 Rivers Smokehouse), as well as a great Polish restaurant (Polonia) and a very good mom-and-pop Mexican restaurant (Chilango's).

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

They're not worth 99 bucks.

They're 45-50 buck figures at best with a nerd-tax premium attached to them.

I have to agree, yet I did get Quiet at a local chain for $99 and don't really regret it.

On a lighter note though. My Wife and I just bought a house and are settling in, but I had to pop over to our old Condo, where I noticed a package was delivered. It was addressed to my wife so I figured I would bring it back to her. I looked at the side and had a sneaking suspicion that it was my late Christmas present that was apparently shipped but the only update before Christmas was "Shipping label printed". For reference, this is the side of the box that tipped me off:

When I got it home, she was a bit dismayed, but to my surprise, inside was:

My wife bought me not only the amazing Batmobile, but my first Figuarts Zero, Galick Gun Vegeta :D Now I have Batman/The Joker coming from goHastings for decent prices to go along with the Batmobile too. Just have to find a nice place to put this gigantic beast!

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming
Can you post a picture of that Vegeta out of box? I see it and a SSJ Trunks in Barnes and Noble all the time but can never get a good look at what they would look like just sitting on my desk.

edit: Has anyone ever spotted the re release 1980's TMNT villains in any store they have been at? I'm mainly looking for Shredder and a Foot Soldier as I got the Turtles and Bebop and Rocksteady for Christmas. It shows them on the back of the box but I have never seen them in store.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Play Arts Kai figures are kinda cool, but I hate that plastic sheen effect that all of them seem to have. It doesn't look that bad on some figures, but head sculpts in particular tend to look weird as hell.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Also the head sculpt on that Venom Snake kinda blows

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Well I more meant the MSRP is still a bit much for what they are. But yeah, Quiet goes for a quite a bit.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Dr. Lariat posted:

Yea that's the one I referring to about bootlegs, but that's all secondary market prices because it's long sold out and everyone must have their waifu, it MSRP'd at 99 or 129 like the rest of the line.

I like all the articulation in the revoltech stuff but man those PAK figures look so much cooler, and tall. Was hoping someone who had some could chime in with "worth the money/not worth the money/knows of some other figures I haven't come across yet on Amazon"

I have the "Splitter" Version of Venom Snake and it is cool enough, as someone mentioned the likeness is kind of off.

I also have Raiden from MGS2 which is pretty cool and I got it on clearance for $50, so I felt that was a good price.

I think the best thing to do with PAK is wait, because a lot of them eventually get put on clearance.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Play Arts Kai are weird figures. They're not really in scale with anything else and they're really fuckin overpriced compared to say Figma, MAFEX, etc.

Speaking of I'm not too excited about the movie but I'm really looking forward to the MAFEX Batman v Superman toys. Especially that Wonder Woman. Probably going to do a little dry brush to make the colors a little more vibrant.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Nut Bunnies posted:

Also the head sculpt on that Venom Snake kinda blows

Play Arts usually have good sculpts, it's just that their paint is super terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Travis343 posted:

Play Arts Kai are weird figures. They're not really in scale with anything else and they're really fuckin overpriced compared to say Figma, MAFEX, etc.

Thankfully all the ones I have wanted end up being like 1/3 the price on Amazon within a year.