Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kalstrams posted:

2014-2015 data, subject matter is an internal affair of the United States.

Net population migration from state to state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

computer parts posted:

If that was the case, I'd expect North Dakota to be the deep blue considering the oil boom.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

computer parts posted:

Was this evident, or are our news feeds similar?

Pakled posted:

If that was the case, I'd expect North Dakota to be the deep blue considering the oil boom.
That is the case indeed.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Oh whoops, I read your post as 2004-2015 :doh:
Also I guess I expected it to be percentage rather than raw numbers.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Red is 2015 addition, is from before.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

kalstrams posted:

High-capacity Internet infrastructure?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

kalstrams posted:

travel time to normal toilets

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

kalstrams posted:

Google Street View?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

kalstrams posted:

Gonna go with Google Maps Street View coverage

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kopijeger posted:

High-capacity Internet infrastructure?
United States? :confused:

Guavanaut posted:

Google Street View?
Yes.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

kalstrams posted:

United States? :confused:

In a few remote regions, looks like. But I see now that Germany is conspicuously un-shaded, so it was a poor guess.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What's the source? It looks like a textbook of some kind.

I don't really understand the exclusion of Scotland, despite the stereotype of them being skirt-wearing savages they made a disproportional contribution to the Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Kopijeger posted:

But I see now that Germany is conspicuously un-shaded
That was the main part of why I guessed Street View.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Phlegmish posted:

I don't really understand the exclusion of Scotland, despite the stereotype of them being skirt-wearing savages they made a disproportional contribution to the Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment.

They're not voting for various nazi parties atm.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

kalstrams posted:

2014-2015 data, subject matter is an internal affair of the United States.

Color scheme suggests a bad thing but states suggest a good thing. Or vice versa. Interesting...

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kalstrams posted:

Was this evident, or are our news feeds similar?

It kinda matched up to the previous one. :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

computer parts posted:

It kinda matched up to the previous one. :v:
What previo-ooh :prepop:.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

What's the source? It looks like a textbook of some kind.

Racism kinda isn't airtight in its logic tbh.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Color scheme suggests a bad thing but states suggest a good thing. Or vice versa. Interesting...

New Jersey is red. Seems OK to me.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
so are people moving to north dakota to wheedle as much money as they can out of the oil workers now?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Number of papist heretics per square meters?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ras Het posted:

And that's why they'll never be accepted as a Nordic country :(

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

It looks to me like number of wine bottles people drink in a marriage party. In fun places they drink more than 2 bottles / person. Since some religions are against drinking this would link it to religion somehow.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

And in Germany they drink beer instead. Makes perfect sense.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

vyelkin posted:

California is pretty insular it appears.

I have family in Ojai and Bakersfield and like none of them have ever left California and have no interest in doing so. I mean, why would you ever want to go somewhere other than the haven which is Bakersfield?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

CherryCola posted:

I have family in Ojai and Bakersfield and like none of them have ever left California and have no interest in doing so. I mean, why would you ever want to go somewhere other than the haven which is Bakersfield?

Checks out

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

CherryCola posted:

Oh, I have heard of Bakersfield

It seems a fun place, they found and lost a whole building.

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Dec 31, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Darkest Auer posted:

Number of papist heretics per square meters?

Tei posted:

It looks to me like number of wine bottles people drink in a marriage party. In fun places they drink more than 2 bottles / person. Since some religions are against drinking this would link it to religion somehow.
Distribution of Win32/Dorkbot botnets. The map is on the lovely end, but it grabbed hold of machines in more than 200 countries.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Dec 31, 2015

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ras Het posted:

In itself, it's perfectly valid to attempt to define a core region based on specific cultural traits, demographic patterns, etc. The main problem here is that, instead of pointing to actual data, they're using these insulting and/or poorly understood quotes to draw the line, effectively making a value judgment. For example, when Dumas said that Africa begins at the Pyrenees, he meant that as an off-handed compliment and not as 'lol loving savages'.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

In itself, it's perfectly valid to attempt to define a core region based on specific cultural traits, demographic patterns, etc. The main problem here is that, instead of pointing to actual data, they're using these insulting and/or poorly understood quotes to draw the line, effectively making a value judgment. For example, when Dumas said that Africa begins at the Pyrenees, he meant that as an off-handed compliment and not as 'lol loving savages'.

Considering Dumas was a quarter African himself, I very much doubt that he was using Africa in as much of a derogatory sense as his contemporaries would have.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Phlegmish posted:

Here's data:

The dark areas are home to the Alpine Race.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I find it hard to call a map racist when it givves "The Tartars" and various Balkan peoples the best possible score.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

I find it hard to call a map racist when it givves "The Tartars" and various Balkan peoples the best possible score.

I don't think that's the best score

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

icantfindaname posted:

I don't think that's the best score

What, having the largest brainbox volume is bad?

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

steinrokkan posted:

Whatever category England is in is deemed the best category by definition.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mystic_Shadow posted:

Whatever category England is in is deemed the best category by definition.

But they put Ireland in the same category, quite the monocle-popper to the English of the time.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Kavak posted:

But they put Ireland in the same category, quite the monocle-popper to the English of the time.

Maybe it was made by a racist from Inverness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

steinrokkan posted:

You can't just assume that a broad head in this case means a bigger one. A shortened head, similar to that of a chimpanzee, would likewise count as broad.