Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

alcharagia posted:

it also looks fantastic

Everyone please go play Hotel Dusk and Last Window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hotel Dusk takes place entirely in one day, and I think it was Christmas day, so you can even almost make it thematic!!!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hotel Dusk was cool. I'd play Last Window but it is fairly expensive on Amazon now.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

alcharagia posted:

hotel dusk is insanely good

Louie (and Tony in the sequel) are the best.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

The DS was a very good system for Japanese adventure games.

I forgot to mention 999 and Virtue's Last Reward. They lean way more on the visual novel side, but they're really good.

999 also loves its gory descriptions. VLR tones that down a lot, fortunately. ZE3 might be toning it back up, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

999 was only the 11th M-rated game on the Nintendo DS and possibly one of two games on the system where the word "gently caress" is used. I'm assuming they say it in Chinatown Wars.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
Godot is a dick, true, but he's the only character who didn't cower before 3-3's antagonist so he's still cool in my book.

And another recommendation for the Cing games. They're very good. All of them. I imported Last Window from the UK and it ended up costing me about twice what a DS game usually costs but I never regretted it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Godot half-asses his prosecution because he's not trained as a prosecutor. All he knows how to do is intimidate the witness and distract the judge with shiny things - which admittedly are both key strategies used by prosecutors in the series who aren't Klavier.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

Hotel Dusk takes place entirely in one day, and I think it was Christmas day, so you can even almost make it thematic!!!

It's like a few days I think. One is Christmas though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hotel Dusk takes place entirely on Christmas Eve December 28, 1979. Last Window takes place over a week.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 31, 2015

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I wonder if in AA6 along with the likely return of Maya, we'll see Mia again? it wouldn't make thematic sense given the end of AA3 but then again, he will be by himself since Apollo and Athena are back in Japanifornia. maybe a return of the original trio will happen!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I spent all of Hotel Dusk waiting for the plot to start.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

I wonder if in AA6 along with the likely return of Maya, we'll see Mia again? it wouldn't make thematic sense given the end of AA3 but then again, he will be by himself since Apollo and Athena are back in Japanifornia. maybe a return of the original trio will happen!

she should stay dead

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

franziska is the best

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

I spent all of Hotel Dusk waiting for the plot to start.

You have to touch the bell at the reception desk.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I like Mia but her unfinished business is done and Phoenix no longer needs the guidance, I'd rather she not come back.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Davincie posted:

she should stay dead

:yeah:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I can't believe that needs to be said. There's such a thing as letting a character go when its development is finished. Especially one that is literally dead.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
They brought back Gregory once and I'm glad.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Strange Quark posted:

They brought back Gregory once and I'm glad.

That made sense in a game about Edgey.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lurdiak posted:

That made sense in a game about Edgey.

Heck, I'd be in favor of them bringing him back again.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I imported Last Window because I really liked Hotel Dusk.

I imported it two years ago now, and still haven't actually played it. I think it's because I got Ghost Trick as well and sort of forgot about everything else at the time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Strange Quark posted:

Heck, I'd be in favor of them bringing him back again.

Only if we get AAI3, in my opinion. Or if we get an actual flashback game about the previous generation, which would be weird but fine.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
If we get a AAI3 I wouldn't mind being a Klavier and Ema adventure because I like Klavier, I think he's a cool guy.

Also because I want to see how they can make a music based system instead of chess that they used for Edgeworth in AAI2 when talking with people

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Debeste for AAI3 protag.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Simon as protagonist for Gyakuten Musou.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Hotel Dusk takes place entirely on Christmas Eve December 28, 1979. Last Window takes place over a week.

I got confused because I totally remember a puzzle involving setting up a christmas tree for a young girl

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

voltcatfish posted:

I got confused because I totally remember a puzzle involving setting up a christmas tree for a young girl

That happened because she had to miss having any festivities because of her family situation and your best bro Louie is like "come on Hyde we gotta do the Christmas!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

That is in fact a puzzle!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

alcharagia posted:

That happened because she had to miss having any festivities because of her family situation and your best bro Louie is like "come on Hyde we gotta do the Christmas!"

Did the EBA help.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Actually since we're talking about Cing. was their game "Again", any good? It's the only one I haven't played and I don't know much about it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

I can't believe that needs to be said. There's such a thing as letting a character go when its development is finished.

Reminder what the titles of the 4th and 5th games were

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

AA4 was the end of Phoenix's development as an Ace Attorney and the beginning of his development as an Ace Dad.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Only if we get AAI3, in my opinion. Or if we get an actual flashback game about the previous generation, which would be weird but fine.

I'd love to see a Mia Fey: Ace Attorney, but Diego goes into a coma after her first trial and the other guy who worked for Grossberg was a douche.

So, uh... not too sure how that game would go. Gregory Edgeworth having a game would be neat, though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

voltcatfish posted:

Actually since we're talking about Cing. was their game "Again", any good? It's the only one I haven't played and I don't know much about it
it's a weird one and probably their worst game but I still enjoyed it

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'd love to see a Mia Fey: Ace Attorney, but Diego goes into a coma after her first trial and the other guy who worked for Grossberg was a douche.

So, uh... not too sure how that game would go.

Rookie Phoenix would be her assistant, obviously.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
A case where Mia works with Hammond could be pretty interesting.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Learn to Paint with Larry Butz.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mask*DeMasque Gear Solid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
A crossover with Ghost Trick where Maya channels a Pomeranian.

• Locked thread