Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Ozz81 posted:

WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED

You look like a Hells Angels dude I met in a parking lot outside a hotel in California a once who showed me his scars and told me he liked scandinavia because of all the legal weed. That man made a big impression on me and I liked him immensely

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I like MP and am glad he's back.

Besides he will be posting his picture any minute now.

.Thank you - I like you too and I will even say what many goons here are afraid to say out of a fear of being labeled a creep: you are extremely beautiful, to look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I looked at my post history in this thread and I think in general eveyrthing has been really nice - I guess this post is what deathslushie is referring to and I am saddened that she took it in any way as an attempt to decimate or belittle her. That was never my intention. I apologize, Deathslushie.

Minimalist Program posted:

Deathslushie, I cannot offer you an analysis of self; at best, I can post certain meta-analytical considerations in support of an intuition that such an analysis would be impossible.

Basically, there is a sense of truth to the old saw that asking of a mind to investigate itself as epistemological object, is like asking of a knife that it cut itself. Any analysis I were to conduct on my own self as a result of my own cool selfie posted itt, would, I fear, end up fundamentally flawed. Not on an epistemological level but on on a methodological one. It's not that I would analyze the picture of myself wrong. Rather, it is that I would be wrong about what I take to constitute a picture of myself to begin with. And this prospect scares me. It scares me a lot. For if I cannot be methodologically sound about my own meta-cognitive properties, then what can I ever hope for my methods for general cognition of objects to produce? Knowledge? A persistent self across time? Hardly. So I am afraid. Not for what I might see, but for what I might see about my inability to see.

Deathslushie, I sense in your posts a mind with a capacity for the destruction of the self; It's a powerful drive and I am familiar with the urge to let it lose on the world. Certain kinds of glass sing under friction. But others simply break. So I am afraid that the maneuver you describe -- in which I post my own picture only to then turn the broadside cannons of my cerebral firepower on "it", on "myself" or on "minimalist program" (or whatever compound of properties we take to be represented by the physical arrangement of my facial features in combination with my history of posting words on this site) and turn those cannons towards the very hull that houses them as it were-- would not ultimately give us the satisfaction of me sinking myself; rather, it would quickly come to show the absurdity of the paradigmatic stance on "self as vessel of thinkings and properties" to begin with. You cannot turn a ship inside out and have it fire inwards. All you would accomplish by trying would be to prove that your understanding of the ontology of the vessel was flawed to begin with.

What you suggest I do, would destroy not me but the very notion that there is a "me" of which I can post a picture. And with that notion abolished, the premise of this present thread (that we can post pictures of our selves, ever,)which we all love and treasure, would soon fall. And we cannot have that. There are too many beautiful goons, with good eyes and wonderful hair.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Holy poo poo go back to under your rock.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

bradzilla has a new favorite as of 20:55 on Oct 26, 2018

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LingcodKilla posted:

Holy poo poo go back to under your rock.

i think he is a nice person, he said this to slushie too

I know I say this a lot in this thread, but in this case I truly mean it - your hair and eyes, are beautiful.

although he did also whip out that 3 doors & downs line in another post which while very funny was also hurtful probably. I apologize on MP's behalf to you, 3 olives, for the time that he dunked you with '3 doors & downs,' if you are reading this.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

bradzilla posted:

Vikings game selfie from Sunday night.

It was cold.

You look good, and make a very cute couple!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bradzilla posted:

Vikings game selfie from Sunday night.

It was cold.

Is that the coveted nosehair-seamlessly-merging-with-moustache technique I see on the left?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

You look good, and make a very cute couple!
Because using proper grammar and exclamation points makes it inoffensive. :jerkbag:

Jerry Cotton posted:

Is that the coveted nosehair-seamlessly-merging-with-moustache technique I see on the left?

Probably, that's my uncle, he's old.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bradzilla posted:

Probably, that's my uncle, he's old.

Is your uncle giving us the finger?

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
Took a trip to the UK!

Eating fancy things in Bath.

There was a storm in Wales!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Assuming two guys are a couple is not offensive imo. Anyways Minimalist Program and Taye Diggs are by far the best posters on the thread. Three doors and downs is still the best comment.

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Dec 31, 2015

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

.Thank you - I like you too and I will even say what many goons here are afraid to say out of a fear of being labeled a creep: you are extremely beautiful, to look at.

I'm glad that you're scared of acting like a creep. It's important you feel able to be yourself.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I am uncertain as to the exact mechanics of why so many weird looking big-headed 35-40 year old males are angry at me in this thread.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Assuming two guys are a couple is not offensive imo. Anyways Minimalist Program and Taye Diggs are by far the best posters on the thread. Three doors and downs is still the best comment.

Thank you; and let me just say that I checked your picture/post history itt (in this thread) and yep, turns out you are a beautiful and attractive person and thus so far my theory holds true that all the truly beautiful people here are cool and those people who strongly dislike my commenting all turn out to be angry-looking semi-overweight middle aged white dudes for some reason.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

We already knew that.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
A brief survey of the MP haters to make an appearance on the last 2 pages to tell me to stop telling calling people beautiful, yields some surprising demopgrahic results:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Its like somebody painted faces on 3 thumbs.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I don't hate you. That would imply I cared about what you actually thought of me.
The problem is you come in here, begging for negative attention like a small child then wallow in the delight of people who enjoy watching drama.
So now you got the attention you crave. You get to hurl around some insults about our appearance, giggle to your self, enjoy the approval and feel so very smug that, once again, you riled up those Internet uggos.
You've done it man. You've accomplished your goal. I'm a little envious of you that success comes so easy to you and I'm sorry I let you bother me.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think quoting old photos further up the thread is doxxing. MODS?!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jastiger posted:

I think quoting old photos further up the thread is doxxing. MODS?!

Nah I think they're just regular posters.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Thank you; and let me just say that I checked your picture/post history itt (in this thread) and yep, turns out you are a beautiful and attractive person and thus so far my theory holds true that all the truly beautiful people here are cool and those people who strongly dislike my commenting all turn out to be angry-looking semi-overweight middle aged white dudes for some reason.

I know you are a nice person because you comforted me over that selfie where I failed to clean the mirror :unsmith:

LingcodKilla posted:

I don't hate you. That would imply I cared about what you actually thought of me.
The problem is you come in here, begging for negative attention like a small child then wallow in the delight of people who enjoy watching drama.
So now you got the attention you crave. You get to hurl around some insults about our appearance, giggle to your self, enjoy the approval and feel so very smug that, once again, you riled up those Internet uggos.
You've done it man. You've accomplished your goal. I'm a little envious of you that success comes so easy to you and I'm sorry I let you bother me.

Report Minimalist Program to the Human Resources Department at Armoured Car Co.

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 01:21 on Dec 31, 2015

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Even a feel good thread turns sour on SA. :(

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

This is a really weird proposition. Why would hating someone have to imply that we care what they actually think of us? Surely we can hate people without having to care what they might think about us? E.g I hate, uh, Hitler and Kathy Griffin I guess, but I don't have to base my hatred for them on caring about what they think of me, seeing as how I don't think either of them ever thought of me.

I also hate BP for messing up a ton of birds with oil, but BP isn't even fundamentally capable of having thoughts about me because its a company.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Darth123123 posted:

I still feel optimistic for this thread, because in general I find that goons are surprisingly good looking and friendly.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Darth123123 posted:

I think we were overdue for some drama actually

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

those people who strongly dislike my commenting all turn out to be angry-looking semi-overweight middle aged white dudes for some reason.

Is this your first exposure to my people?

Also, I don't see you posting many insults, just praise so over the top it makes me suspicious. But then, I am always suspicious of flattery.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
For the record I'm an angry-looking semi-overweight middle aged white dude, and I enjoy MP's contributions to the thread. HTH.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I still feel optimistic for this thread, because in general I find that goons are surprisingly good looking and friendly.

I'm sure FYAD will notice your one-note post history, very soon.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:lol: if you see subforums.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 01:39 on Jan 15, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Please be vain by posting pictures not by never shutting the gently caress up you daft cunts

I've posted plenty pictures. I'll post another once I get by beörd groomed.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

EmmyOk posted:

Please be vain by posting pictures not by never shutting the gently caress up you daft cunts

here is my bird demanding attention while i try to post on internet comedy forums

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

internet comedy forums

Link please?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I look like you'd imagine

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

peter gabriel posted:

I look like you'd imagine

Like this.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

EmmyOk posted:

The difference between beard/hair color is unlikely and amazing.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

here is my bird demanding attention while i try to post on internet comedy forums

does it speak

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

A brief survey of the MP haters to make an appearance on the last 2 pages to tell me to stop telling calling people beautiful, yields some surprising demopgrahic results:

Newsflash: Three normal looking dudes mock online forum user "MP" for criticising other people's appearances without having the balls to post their own photo.

Film at 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Basically if you decide to pass judgement on other people's photos without actually having the guts to post your own I'm going to assume it's because whatever you're saying about other people you're way uglier and creepier.

EDIT: Unless you're Obama and don't want people knowing that you post on SA in which case I think that you should get back to ruining America so Trump can make it great again otherwise he's going to have nothing to do when he's elected.