Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm taking my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gamer who can't dodge the Erbietas charge move either checking in

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Scholar of the first sin is 20$ on psn right now if anyone hasn't played it yet.

In other news I just died to Taurus demon five times in a row because I kept reflexively hitting roll+right but instead of deftly sidestepping his attacks I did a fast roll off the side of the battlements

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.
don't dodge into the charge.

just eating the hit works i think, vit depending.

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

small hendren posted:

amygdala ruined the game for me. ill never beat it and i hate this game
what weapon r u using?

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

Vulich the Subtle posted:

what weapon r u using?

ludwig's blade +6 with fire gems. maybe the beast cutter might work better for me cause i'm used to it now

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

small hendren posted:

ludwig's blade +6 with fire gems. maybe the beast cutter might work better for me cause i'm used to it now
doing nothing but l2 with ludwig's is a tried n true method of beating amygdala.

not dodging and not getting hit while you're attacking is also important cuz amygdala attacks several times in between idling.

it's mostly a puzzle fight in that ur not fighting amygdala, youre trying to do damage when things are safe in safe places or whatever.

its kinda boring but iprefer just whacking amygdala in between the legs while standing underneath her tail. porlbem is you'll still get hit in the first phase when she does the rage spaz thing there. but once she tears off her back arms you're entirely safe there (i think)

she's a fun fight but recognizing the bullshit is important!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

the forward charge fucks me almost everytime. im still not sure how to dodge taht, especially in her second form. its like impossible

she hardly ever does it if u stay next to her

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
if u hit her in the chest she slams the ground with her face and you can make her do it over and over .. lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

small hendren posted:

i cant remember but i think the ludwig l2 is a vertical slash ... try that, its easy to hit it in the face with it. you can also hit its arms for slightly less dmg. IMO dont plink away at its legs like the other guy said, thats kind of goofy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It takes forever too. That's how I did it the first time I fought her because I never even tried hitting her face and didn't know any better

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

if u hit her in the chest she slams the ground with her face and you can make her do it over and over .. lol

oh, poo poo, i thought that was based on position... that might make the fight easier, lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

It takes forever too. That's how I did it the first time I fought her because I never even tried hitting her face and didn't know any better

a lot of ppl do it vs the chalice version in the 3rd form cos all of its attacks can kill you in one hit and reach across the entire room, i dont think it looks cool though. but it does work, in the sense that wearing a clown suit in public works as clothing. :P

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i cant remember but i think the ludwig l2 is a vertical slash ... try that, its easy to hit it in the face with it. you can also hit its arms for slightly less dmg. IMO dont plink away at its legs like the other guy said, thats kind of goofy.

okay i'm going try this and if that fails i'll do the other guy's routine :cheers:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

oh, poo poo, i thought that was based on position... that might make the fight easier, lol

ive got a vid that sort of demonstrates it, its kind of sloppy since i was still pretty new to the game when i made it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qD_MaCJbVQ

she charges at the start and i even get hit by it but once youre next to her she doesnt do it.

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

a lot of ppl do it vs the chalice version in the 3rd form cos all of its attacks can kill you in one hit and reach across the entire room, i dont think it looks cool though. but it does work, in the sense that wearing a clown suit in public works as clothing. :P
thats where i got that habit lol

clown on patrol

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I believe in you

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

Oh poo poo, going to try this tactic

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

ive got a vid that sort of demonstrates it, its kind of sloppy since i was still pretty new to the game when i made it though.

she charges at the start and i even get hit by it but once youre next to her she doesnt do it.

Epic. Is that the Ludwig sword?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

Epic. Is that the Ludwig sword?

yea, i like the kirkhammer more though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I probably gonna start the chalice stuff again with mah whirligig character tonight as I march back towards the plat and finding the more fun chalice dungeons.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I probably gonna start the chalice stuff again with mah whirligig character tonight as I march back towards the plat and finding the more fun chalice dungeons.

get this. none of them are fun :cawg:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the bloodletting beast , abhorrent beast and defiled watchdog are epic. and the yarnham queen is cool to fight once

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fffffyuuuuuu :byodood:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

abhorrent best is sort of annoying i'm at him atm

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it's hard to get excited about chalice bosses because instead of being more interesting levels and cool skull piles in rivers of blood after the boss, there's more chalice dungeon after the boss

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

abhorrent beast is really fun. hes like the flame lurker from demon souls except balanced

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

idk if it's intentional or not, but it's always cool to see how giant monstrosities turn into cowering, pathetic creatures when you fight them a certain way. like how fighting amelia really just feels like beating the poo poo out of a puppy.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

it's hard to get excited about chalice bosses because instead of being more interesting levels and cool skull piles in rivers of blood after the boss, there's more chalice dungeon after the boss

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

inri did you ever overcome your injury and fight ludwig on your sl10? I haven't really played my sl4 since I beat living failures.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

inri did you ever overcome your injury and fight ludwig on your sl10? I haven't really played my sl4 since I beat living failures.

i can use my finger now but i havent gone back to it yet, ive been playing dragon quest haha.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

totally offtopic but @factsareuseless, did you ever end up playing dark souls 1? how's that going?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vulich the Subtle posted:

don't dodge into the charge.

just eating the hit works i think, vit depending.

This is true. If you get to the side you'll be hit by her body and all her tendrils.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

um, just getting hit by ebrietus charge full on kills u iirc. or it killed me newayz. sometimes it hits 2x . and if you survive you're probably stuck in between goofy wall geometry and ebriatas and the camera will spazz out evedn if u aren't on line

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you try to dodge and fail it will always one shot me basically because of counter damage but I think if you try to just move to side without dodging/rolling you will take less damage and get knocked over

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i didn't even know there was counter damage. wow.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
not to be crass but... anyone else imagine getting sucked off by ebriatas? dont think i'd last very long, imo.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
too much hornyness in this thread right now. thanks for probating that guy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i didn't even know there was counter damage. wow.

yea, it was in dark souls as well. you can also hit enemies with the handle of a weapon instead of landing a proper hit and it does less damage too. try it out with the kirkhammer :P that was in dark souls too i think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i knew about the handle thing w/ teh kirkhammer