Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President
Is there a reason I'm not seeing more Weapons Guidance on Poe? With a focus token he could trigger his ability to change a focus die first, then discard the token to fix a blank as well. It just seems like for 2 points it significantly increases the reliability of his damage dealing, but the top lists seem to forego using the tech slot at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It's because Poe should never be spending his focus. Ever.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Yeah, 9/10 times, Poe will want to keep it to use on defense and possibly to power R5-P9 if he's equipped. 2 points isn't worth it for something you'll rarely use.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
TIE/sf & modified B-Wing armored crew transport. Same sort of stuff for either (crew slot, missile launcher, etc).

However the TIE/sf is kind of a cop-out since it looks almost identical to the TIE/fo.

I was pretty tickled to find out the weird looking ship Leia arrives in is a modified B-Wing. It explains why it looks so weird.

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

The Gate posted:

Yeah, 9/10 times, Poe will want to keep it to use on defense and possibly to power R5-P9 if he's equipped. 2 points isn't worth it for something you'll rarely use.

What about combined with Esege Tuketu or Kyle Katarn to get him 2 focus tokens? Too fiddly?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

jeeves posted:

TIE/sf & modified B-Wing armored crew transport. Same sort of stuff for either (crew slot, missile launcher, etc).

However the TIE/sf is kind of a cop-out since it looks almost identical to the TIE/fo.

I was pretty tickled to find out the weird looking ship Leia arrives in is a modified B-Wing. It explains why it looks so weird.

Wait what?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

jeeves posted:

You need to look at the TIE/sf closer, then. It's significantly more different from the TIE/fo than the TIE/fo is from the bog standard OT TIE Fighter.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Obama 2012 posted:

What about combined with Esege Tuketu or Kyle Katarn to get him 2 focus tokens? Too fiddly?

Too fiddly. It's just not worth it on Poe.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Yes. Look at the cockpit.

edit - talkin 'bout the B-Wing

Strobe posted:

You need to look at the TIE/sf closer, then. It's significantly more different from the TIE/fo than the TIE/fo is from the bog standard OT TIE Fighter.

It is still pretty drat close. There were more changes on the TIE -> TIE/fo model than would be on the TIE/fo -> TIE/sf, at least in miniature form.

Of course it doesn't matter much, we'd still buy that poo poo.

The real fact of the matter is that it is loving weird that TFA didn't have MORE ship types. Even the first Star Wars had X-Wings + Y-Wings against TIEs and TIE-Advances. This movie didn't really have that, it was very odd. Especially when the First Order was bombing the poo poo out of that village on Non-Tattooine, you'd think they'd use bombers amirite?

jeeves fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 30, 2015

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

jeeves posted:

It is still pretty drat close. There were more changes on the TIE -> TIE/fo model than would be on the TIE/fo -> TIE/sf, at least in miniature form.

Lol go watch the movie again, that poo poo is a lot further from the TIE/fo than the TIE/fo is from the TIE/ln.

Look at those wing joints.

Lunatic Pathos
May 16, 2004

I shouldn't tell you this but you're the only one I can trust...
Everyone is forgetting about the Quad Jumper. Just because we don't see it in a fight doesn't mean it can't be used in game. In fact, it just leaves the design space totally open. Scum ship with SLAM?

Then we've got:
TIE/sf
B-Transport
Ren Shuttle
Trooper transport
Quad Jumper
Square dish Falcon

Plenty to choose from.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Weapon Guidance seems like an upgrade that works better on low PS ships that get to see if they need to spend it to avoid getting shot, then get to spend it on Weapon Guidance if not. Poe can squeeze slightly more out of it maybe but he really doesn't want to.

Also gently caress Kylo Ren's shuttle, the Hound's Tooth is hard enough to fit in a case, I don't need something even worse.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Weapon Guidance seems like an upgrade that works better on low PS ships that get to see if they need to spend it to avoid getting shot, then get to spend it on Weapon Guidance if not. Poe can squeeze slightly more out of it maybe but he really doesn't want to.

Also gently caress Kylo Ren's shuttle, the Hound's Tooth is hard enough to fit in a case, I don't need something even worse.

If they make the wings telescope like they do in the film, it wouldn't be much bigger than a folded Lambda.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Lunatic Pathos posted:

Everyone is forgetting about the Quad Jumper. Just because we don't see it in a fight doesn't mean it can't be used in game. In fact, it just leaves the design space totally open. Scum ship with SLAM?

Then we've got:
TIE/sf
B-Transport
Ren Shuttle
Trooper transport
Quad Jumper
Square dish Falcon

Plenty to choose from.

B-Transport/Trooper transport: if you win your space battle your forces get a free reinforcement deploy for no cost in an Imperial Assault skirmish

Just ran a game vs Wedge, Dutch and some other guy

This was my list:"

Tie Fighter
Howlrunner (16)
Wired
Stealth Device

Slave 1
Krassis Trelix (36)
Homing Missiles
Seismic Charges
Heavy Laser Cannon
Gunner
Slave 1

F/O Tie
Zeta Ace (16)
Determination
Stealth Device

99 points total

Got my butt handed to me but had a blast playing. Made some dumb navigation errors and ended up losing a turn with the ties slamming into a nearby asteroid

Though the stealth device performed admirably, the Zeta Ace, then Howl, then Krassis went down. Was about an hour game dodging arcs and got a seismic device detonated right in the middle of his squadron. Gunner was nice to have when he got in my aux firing arc

Any advice for kitting out a firespray list?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

This is the second time I've flown Han and the second game I've completely forgotten his pilot ability until after he's dead. :smith:

It was even worse this game because I was flying against Omega Leader, Carnor and the PS6 Defender.

Poe pulled it out though! After probably ten turns of trying to get one hull Omega in arc.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 31, 2015

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Anyone had any luck running bombs on a Firespray? I just got a K-Wing, which means I'm looking at having some fun with bombs (a blast, if you will :suicide: ) This will be fun while it lasts, until I fly someone into my own mines :v:

Boba Fett (Scum)
VI
Bombardier
Proximity Mines
Slave I
Extra Munitions
Ion cannon

Syndicate thugs (x2)
TLT
Unhinged astromech

99/100

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Saalkin posted:

Which and where?!

I'm going to guess Chapters? I know the local one near me can't seem to get rid of its core sets fast enough. The only reason I don't get more is because I don't need another couple of core set boxes lying around and my Plano is stuffed to the brim with tokens and templates as it is and that's AFTER storing a bunch that I'll never use in the empty core boxes I do have.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Icon Of Sin posted:

Anyone had any luck running bombs on a Firespray? I just got a K-Wing, which means I'm looking at having some fun with bombs (a blast, if you will :suicide: ) This will be fun while it lasts, until I fly someone into my own mines :v:

Emon Azzameen is a brutal bomber.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Conner Net on Scum Kath is a fairly brutal combo if you can set it up right. Drop the net on someone, take a boosted rear arc shot, next turn they drift ahead 1 and allow you to an easy opportunity to take a second rear arc shot in a row.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
0 for 4 yesterday D:

3 of them against the same, very good player who's very good at Phantoms though, and I made a bunch of unforced errors in several of the games, and got a good fight in the last one, so I'm pleased with my performance. Gonna pick up some new stuff soon though so I can get some practice with some other things during tournament season.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Interesting tidbit: The T-70 isn't even the latest model of X-Wing, apparently the New Republic uses the T-85 as its standard fighter. That should be fun to see.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Apparently this was concept art of TFA:

Imagine if that was a cool new model and if they had actually used that in the movie. They could have firmly established Rey's competence and a bunch of complaints, mine included, would've never been uttered.

But hey maybe there's a chance it's released. They release all sorts of campfire legends stuff anyway.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Chill la Chill posted:

Imagine if that was a cool new model and if they had actually used that in the movie. They could have firmly established Rey's competence and a bunch of complaints, mine included, would've never been uttered.

I wanna hear more about R2-SodaCan.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Chill la Chill posted:

But hey maybe there's a chance it's released. They release all sorts of campfire legends stuff anyway.

Is that just an X/Y-Wing Ugly? It kinda owns

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I thought it was XBY since that laser looks sawed off from a B-wing but maybe not.

It does own though. Imagine if we had that instead of just that crummy speeder.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

I thought it was XBY since that laser looks sawed off from a B-wing but maybe not.

It does own though. Imagine if we had that instead of just that crummy speeder.

Yeah if the crummy speeder had been more clearly salvaged from ship wreckage that would have been neat.

Still liked the scavenger who put an AT-ST head over his bantha or whatever

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/12/31/hunted-by-the-inquisitor/

I'll just leave this here. Check out Guidance Chips...

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

:stare: This is a must buy.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Well, then. That makes a lot of ordinance significantly more viable.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Also that sharp 1 green :stare:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Is guidance chips the buff Bombers have needed?

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

And people said the TIE Advanced Prototype wasn't going to shake up the meta like the Ghost. I think we're about to see a lot of torps back in action.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Cobbsprite posted:

Well, then. That makes a lot of ordinance significantly more viable.

I'm suddenly imagining a tooled-up K-Wing with missiles and torpedoes out the wazoo rather than just tooling around with a TLT. I'm sure that's not the most efficient use of points, but dammit if I'm not giving it a try.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Is LRS also a modification? Shame you can't have both if that's the case.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Tekopo posted:

Yeah, it is. I guess you'll have to choose whether you want to be able to do TL+Focused strikes at long range, or whether you want harder-hitting ordnance all game.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Tekopo posted:

LRS is what you put on your thread tracer boat
everybody else gets guidance chips

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Ze Pollack posted:

LRS is what you put on your thread tracer boat
everybody else gets guidance chips

If you can cram in Guidance Chips on a torp with TL/Focus it's pretty good. Otherwise with torpedoes you're just rolling straight dice and modifying one. Missiles that keep the TL reroll it seems stronger for. Homing Missile + Guidance, aw yeah.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

The Gate posted:

If you can cram in Guidance Chips on a torp with TL/Focus it's pretty good. Otherwise with torpedoes you're just rolling straight dice and modifying one. Missiles that keep the TL reroll it seems stronger for. Homing Missile + Guidance, aw yeah.

I'm seeing an lot of use possible for straight Proton Torpedoes. Turn one blank to a hit, turn one eye to a crit. You're modifying up to two dice, and on an X that's adding two crits.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Only one copy of Guidance Chips and XX-23 S-Thread Tracers per expansion, the bastards. I want 4 of each for the Zs in my Kath and her Crooks list but I don't want 4 Inquisitors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
What? With Proton Torps, you'd change an [eye] to a [crit] and also change a [blank] to a [hit] or [crit] depending on whether you have 2 or 3 attack dice. It isn't like Guidance Chips takes the place of a dice mod from the ordnance itself.

e: beaten, but yeah Guidance Chips is good

• Locked thread