Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

CLAM DOWN posted:

If you're talking about the one by The Falls in AB, you can cheese that with experimental rifle too. I got 100% map completion and I'm probably 2 years from leyline :negative:

You in no way need ley line gliding for that HP, all you need is lean techniques and a bit of patience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
That being said, GW2 had very big issues with it even before HoT. For example, the constant clicking to manage your inventory. I am in a unique place. I have CTS and I had to take a surgery for it around 6-7 years ago. My wrists healed no problem and I can play many games non-stop right now. Except GW2. For each hour of play in GW2, i have to do 10 minutes of inventory management. This includes clicking to open bags, then clicking to open bags from bags, then clicking to open bags from bags from bags. Then I have to keep clicking to salvage the items from those bags, then more clicking to sell runes/sigils etc... GW2 is the only game where I have to take a long break after an hour or two of play. GW2 is the only game which made me ice my wrists more than 10 times in the last month I played it. I started playing FF XIV around 10 days ago. So far in FF XIV, i had to manage my inventory 4-5 times at most with zero pain.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Get some extra characters with max bag slots loaded up with 20-item bags, that way you can exclusively devote Tuesdays and Thursdays for inventory management.

tl;dr; buy more gems dude

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

My favorite part of guild wars two was always clicking 2000 times to get through a bunch of +10 luck essences

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Vargs posted:

My favorite part of guild wars two was always clicking 2000 times to get through a bunch of +10 luck essences

Right click.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
They should re-introduce SAB but also introduce Cyber-Scarlet who has become a SHODAN-esque cyber-entity who lives in cyber-space and you have to do cyber-jumps to defeat her.

OC idea do not steal

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Laphroaig posted:

They should re-introduce SAB but also introduce Cyber-Scarlet who has become a SHODAN-esque cyber-entity who lives in cyber-space and you have to do cyber-jumps to defeat her.

OC idea do not steal

Good lord goon, what did Lonk do to you to deserve this?

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Thyrork posted:

Good lord goon, what did Lonk do to you to deserve this?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Amazing. :five:

Only way to make it better would to have it vomiting spikes.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

To be honest the reason I barely touch GW2 any more is because most rewards are so tedious that I can't be bothered. I don't mean I want stat increases or anything like that, but I'm sick of being handed endless piles of junk with an infetismal chance of something worthwhile dropping (which I will sell immediately anyway).

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah they really really need to do something to address Bag Wars 2.

An Open All option would be a good start, as would some customizable multi-salvage tools. I salvage basically anything that gives wood and cloth and sell everything else, so let me set a filter to salvage all my wood and cloth poo poo and leave the rest to vendor.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Isn't this tedious crap supposed to thwart botting (somehow)?

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
Remember the hidden cat room that was in the 'old' WvW borderland map? Turns out there's a new secret room, this time with quaggans. Here's the photo report. Cheers to Mesmer Asura for the visit.

DonVincenzo fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Dec 31, 2015

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Get out.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Lonk posted:

Get out.

theres lots of people in lfg wanting sab

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I'm REALLY surprised that link wasn't asurabutt.jpg

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Magres posted:

I'm REALLY surprised that link wasn't asurabutt.jpg
I know, right?

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011

If this doesn't scream pretty princess then I dont know what the gently caress.

not me, some random ele in one of my fractal dailies. would really love to try nevermore with a daredevil staff build, anyone know if its dps is respectable?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Magres posted:

Yeah they really really need to do something to address Bag Wars 2.

An Open All option would be a good start, as would some customizable multi-salvage tools. I salvage basically anything that gives wood and cloth and sell everything else, so let me set a filter to salvage all my wood and cloth poo poo and leave the rest to vendor.

I would kill for a item that auto scrapped minor runes and sigils, those clutter my inventory like no other.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I would kill for a item that auto scrapped minor runes and sigils, those clutter my inventory like no other.

I loving hate those things. I sell all of them, but still, I wish I could carry around a device that would just auto-sell them. I'm never going to use them on any character.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Hurp Durp Master posted:

not me, some random ele in one of my fractal dailies. would really love to try nevermore with a daredevil staff build, anyone know if its dps is respectable?
When played perfectly, its DPS is quite good. Problem is, playing perfectly involves constantly landing all three hits of Staff #2, which is... implausible, to say the least.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Should I really choose Soldier over Berserker for Guardian WvW? I'm thinking a lot of WvW is about speed and capping quickly, so Berserker might be better for that? Not sure.

e: also strategy and group size might be more decisive, from my limited experience with Zushun/PROV/FFR/etc trains. why even bother

mike12345 fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Dec 31, 2015

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

mike12345 posted:

Should I really choose Soldier over Berserker for Guardian WvW? I'm thinking a lot of WvW is about speed and capping quickly, so Berserker might be better for that? Not sure.

e: also strategy and group size might be more decisive, from my limited experience with Zushun/PROV/FFR/etc trains. why even bother

Soldier would be better because the only thing that matters in WvW is tagging NPCs before the giant blob of players you're in obliterates them. I'd also recommend swiftness and a sturdy 'W' key.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
After helping some goons reach that HP in Verdant Brink without ley line gliding or a Mesmer I've decided to make a picture guide for you.

You start out in the same place you would in the Dulfy guide. You can land in any section of the circled part, but the higher the better. Once you land, get to place where those branches split and turn around.

This tiny little branch can support your weight. Aim for the top section, you may have to stall your glide a bit to make sure you hit it. If you land on the X portion you have to start over, since you can't jump up the incline.

Turn back around. That's your goal! Glide off and hold forward the whole time to make sure you have the speed to make it. If you don't you will fall short.

The finish line! The branch you just left is circled.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

mike12345 posted:

For Guardian, yes. It's a shame to roam alone as a Guardian, given how great they are in any group larger than 4 people. Get your Staff and hammer/gs, lead pushes into enemy groups, and keep everyone around you alive.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Softface posted:

After helping some goons reach that HP in Verdant Brink Auric Basin without ley line gliding or a Mesmer I've decided to make a picture guide for you.

Fixed that for you.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Kenshin posted:

I loving hate those things. I sell all of them, but still, I wish I could carry around a device that would just auto-sell them. I'm never going to use them on any character.

The Tarrktun Delivery Portal works as a shop. I can sell my garbage from anywhere, as long as the portal is in my inventory.

Have fun getting it :getin:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Amante posted:

When played perfectly, its DPS is quite good. Problem is, playing perfectly involves constantly landing all three hits of Staff #2, which is... implausible, to say the least.

Also, it's probably just me, but I hate how flippy/motion-heavy fighting with a staff is. You can't control your movement as tightly as you can with daggers so you're at greater risk of running into cleave or flipping into AoE or charging off a cliff. Dagger DPS is still on par with staff and its playstyle is so, so much more precise.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Also, it's probably just me, but I hate how flippy/motion-heavy fighting with a staff is. You can't control your movement as tightly as you can with daggers so you're at greater risk of running into cleave or flipping into AoE or charging off a cliff. Dagger DPS is still on par with staff and its playstyle is so, so much more precise.
I felt this way at first but as I become more and more comfortable with it the more I love it. As best I can tell #2 is meant to follow the use of #3, or to be used after a dodge, or after a #5... etc.

I practiced for a while with one of our SFD esportz experts last week and I'm simply dismantling most people in unranked sPvP now, running around solo-queued and quite often getting multiple top player awards after each match. Obviously I'm probably still no match for a lot of folks playing ranked but right now I'm cleaning up

Use the ridiculous movement to prevent them from hitting you, I have no problem these past few days of murdering just about anybody 1v1 and can often hold points 2v1 and 3v1 long enough for my team to come help. Last night I used my speed at the beginning of the match to go distract 4 of the players on the enemy team and get them to chase me around for a minute (they never did kill me, I kept attacking and running away to hold their interest) and my team cleaned the gently caress up.

I've basically stopped using my Chronomancer and Berserker (aside from the Chrono for fractals) because Daredevil is just more fun.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I've run into a few good daredevils in WvW roaming and they absolutely destroy me, I have them on my list of "the few challenges I face as a dragonhunter" which only included condi necros and my own hubris up until now.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I've run into a few good daredevils in WvW roaming and they absolutely destroy me, I have them on my list of "the few challenges I face as a dragonhunter" which only included condi necros and my own hubris up until now.
Yeah, good Daredevils are my toughest foe right now in both WvW and sPvP. I'm running a more brawling-and-dodge-focused build with less stealth options than a lot of others run.

Anybody else if they're proving to be too tough I can just run away from, and obviously in sPvP if they chase me then I still win because they're abandoning their point to chase me.

edit: to be clear I run staff/shortbow, I use shortbow for the #5 skill for even more movement

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Kenshin posted:

I felt this way at first but as I become more and more comfortable with it the more I love it. As best I can tell #2 is meant to follow the use of #3, or to be used after a dodge, or after a #5... etc.

I practiced for a while with one of our SFD esportz experts last week and I'm simply dismantling most people in unranked sPvP now, running around solo-queued and quite often getting multiple top player awards after each match. Obviously I'm probably still no match for a lot of folks playing ranked but right now I'm cleaning up

Use the ridiculous movement to prevent them from hitting you, I have no problem these past few days of murdering just about anybody 1v1 and can often hold points 2v1 and 3v1 long enough for my team to come help. Last night I used my speed at the beginning of the match to go distract 4 of the players on the enemy team and get them to chase me around for a minute (they never did kill me, I kept attacking and running away to hold their interest) and my team cleaned the gently caress up.

I've basically stopped using my Chronomancer and Berserker (aside from the Chrono for fractals) because Daredevil is just more fun.

I've been playing thief for three years, I understand how to use it, never fear :) And as Weakening Charge is the highest DPS on the weapon for single target combat (most of raiding, so far) you want to use that as much as you can, esp yes, after dodging for the damage buff. Debilitating Arc is not very good but Vault is great when you have more than one target or can't land all three blows from Weakening. That said if you can't land all 3 blows from Weakening you should be using daggers anyway, and Heartseeker below 25% is still tops.

As far as PvP goes once you get into higher ranks and start facing more dangerous opponents you might find that d/p is more effective than staff, but as long as you're having fun go you!

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I've been playing thief for three years, I understand how to use it, never fear :) And as Weakening Charge is the highest DPS on the weapon for single target combat (most of raiding, so far) you want to use that as much as you can, esp yes, after dodging for the damage buff. Debilitating Arc is not very good but Vault is great when you have more than one target or can't land all three blows from Weakening. That said if you can't land all 3 blows from Weakening you should be using daggers anyway, and Heartseeker below 25% is still tops.

As far as PvP goes once you get into higher ranks and start facing more dangerous opponents you might find that d/p is more effective than staff, but as long as you're having fun go you!
Keep in mind that ~80% of my total playtime in GW2 was on a warrior (and another 15% or so on mesmer), so I'm for sure approaching daredevil from a warrior perspective rather than thief. In fact, I've hardly used thief at all without daredevil!

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Burn dodges for extra damage and spam 2, sounds like a build perfect for Warriors.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Hey Arus what's the chest piece you wear on your actual Arus character? The like jacket with the fur around the neck and stuff

It's cool and I want one

e: sweet ty

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 31, 2015

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Magres posted:

Hey Arus what's the chest piece you wear on your actual Arus character? The like jacket with the fur around the neck and stuff

It's cool and I want one

Oh that's my christmas outfit, it's this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fancy_Winter_Outfit

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

mike12345 posted:

Doesn't matter what you do, just try to sit above 20k hp and 3k armor.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I actually want to know if anyone has taken their flipping daredevil into the sabetha fight yet

I wonder if flipping into a flamewall is as stupid as it sounds

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Kessel posted:

I actually want to know if anyone has taken their flipping daredevil into the sabetha fight yet

I wonder if flipping into a flamewall is as stupid as it sounds

No you are safe because you are flipping over the wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Getting beat by Daredevils? Time to uninstall and re-evaluate your life.

• Locked thread