Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adrda
Sep 12, 2008
This is pretty fun, Lucked out and got Dooku from a Bronzium pull, Fives is pretty great, i don't think there are many useless heroes i hope it stays that way.

ally code is 476-679-657 same name ingame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Vhak lord of hate posted:

I feel bad for all of you guys who got shuffled into hard PvP ladders, my team is a pile of poo poo at level 38 and I'm resting easy at 87. Luck of the draw I guess, I'm sure I won't hold on to it long since I'm a dipshit and using all my tokens for Greedo and Fives instead of Sid and Daka

Greedo and Fives are actually pretty good, but not better than Sid of course. I think Daka is good to get at 4 stars for dark side missions, but I stopped leveling her because I wouldn't use her in PvP. In fact, I'd rather see her in PvP because she does so little damage. Stuns are great, as is the revive, but you really can't rely on on those procs.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Do the arena brackets ever get mixed up? Mine sounds like it is super scrubby compared to some others and I would like to stay in it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I have more trouble in GW than arena, but I figure they pull from the same bracket? At least in Arena a loss means you keep your ranking and you can sort of choose your opponent. A bad team in GW can be a real roadblock.

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted
Quick question: How do I determine which of my heroes is available to my allies?

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Frocious posted:

Quick question: How do I determine which of my heroes is available to my allies?

Leader of your arena team.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malgrin posted:

I just got the Ewok Elder, and I'm wondering if there's a reason more people don't use him. His kit is pretty good because his heal (although weaker than other characters' heals) removes one debuff from each squad memberALL debuffs from your team. Additionally, he has the ability to revive other champs. I'm like level 44, so maybe that's the only reason he seems good, but, so far, I like him a lot.

Also, his heal has to hit for it to work (so his heal doesn't remove heal immunity). It's still really good.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Anyone with a high level Boba I can ally with 5k dark side is curb stomping me

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

This game is fuckoff stupid and I can't stop playing it.

Just promoted Phasma and now I'm busting past some of the tougher battles in the high 40s. Those goddamn sandtroopers and their grenades were giving me fits for a while because they kept dealing me too much damage to get through the first encounter clean.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Lol another 120 stamina without a single epic drop. Solid game EA.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
How did I not realize there were arena shipments. I have 6.2k arena tokens to spend.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

How did I not realize there were arena shipments. I have 6.2k arena tokens to spend.

:stare:

Palpatine

Palpatine

Palpatine...

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

That's what 70 shards?

Sylvia Plathetic
Nov 15, 2009
Just started playing looking for some more Star Wars after watching TFA; ally code is 748-226-338 if anyone wants to add me!

Have got to a stage I can farm daily for Rey, who I think is pretty cool; is she any good stats-wise?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

She is, but you can only get a max potential of 3 shards a day. You'll eventually need 300+.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

That's what 70 shards?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

She is, but you can only get a max potential of 3 shards a day. You'll eventually need 300+.

3 shards then you can spend crystals to get 3 more opportunities. Not sure why no one thinks that when rushing to complete a character.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Because farming from hard mode is garbage and I'm likely to just get 0 shards from another 3 shots at it. May as well use it elsewhere on energy.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I did a thing!

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Ularg posted:

I did a thing!

Nice, now start grinding away at Phasma. Got her up to 4 stars and kind of torn between taking her all the way, or working on getting Luminara workable.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
295-467-884 is my ally code. I'm Ordius in the game.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

I did a thing!

I can't GW for poo poo yet.

Chewie, Jawa, Poe, Consular, Talia

Chewie is probably the best toon I've got. Working on Lumi and Palp, will probably have Lumi tomorrow.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Today's AGI Gear Challenge (Healers & Supports only) is kinda bullshit on anything above the lowest difficulty. And only because of one thing. On the second difficulty and onwards, Savage Opress' droids can attack too. This means Savage uses his ability to put my two characters I have that fit the requirements and then the droids 1 shot both of them. Instant loss.

Chilichimp posted:

I can't GW for poo poo yet.

Chewie, Jawa, Poe, Consular, Talia

Chewie is probably the best toon I've got. Working on Lumi and Palp, will probably have Lumi tomorrow.

Galactic War is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. All because of the battles having health and ability cooldowns carry over. I wish that at the end of a battle you got that tiny health boost you'd get at the end of the round. Or a single turn taken off your abilities. But otherwise it's a lot of fun. I've started using my lower power characters at the beginning of the board, switching out to my unused A Team near the end.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kill the droids first if you can't handle it that way.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Aphrodite posted:

Kill the droids first if you can't handle it that way.

At level 45 each it takes about three attacks from each of my two characters to kill a single droid. By then Savage Opress has done his move.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If that's the case you wouldn't be able to kill Savage himself anyway.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I've never had a problem killing savage. He just doesn't do enough damage. The Nightsister self heal from her basic attack or one of my Guardians heals can keep them topped off forever.

I just think I need more than two support characters. I don't know what the trigger is for allowing you to borrow a friends leader. I can do that for the Bounty Hunter challenge, the only reason I complete them at all (Thanks Yig and Tab).

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
The only reliable way to kill Oppress is to wait for him to damage himself. The ground-pound move brings you to 1 HP, but damages himself in the process. You have to time it so that you kill one of the droids right after he hits you with that. Just keep healing and eventually he'll brings himself down to 1HP, then you can kill him. Even with a full team of eligible members, expect to lose one or two to the droids if you miss your chance to heal.

Also, remember that he seems to have the same basic move as Darth Maul, so if he manages to hit one of your members when at 1HP, he gets his turn meter back. Repeat until your whole team is dead unless he decides to do the ground-pound at some point instead.

If you're lucky, one of your attacks will give him the defense break debuff (it seems random, and it's not a proc from one specific character), and you can scrape off some health while he's charging or stunned, but at the higher levels the amount of damage you can actually do to him is negligible.

Mezzanine fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jan 1, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He gets the defense debuff when you hit him with a status effect.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

He gets the defense debuff when you hit him with a status effect.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

EDIT:

Ularg posted:

I just think I need more than two support characters. I don't know what the trigger is for allowing you to borrow a friends leader. I can do that for the Bounty Hunter challenge, the only reason I complete them at all (Thanks Yig and Tab).

There is no trigger. You can't use friends in the type-specific challenges, just the three that are neutral: Credits, Ability Mats and Training Droids.

Mezzanine fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jan 1, 2016

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Also if you have Phasma then hitting him with the Slow debuff will make the droids attack first, then he'll do his aoe 1hp smash thing. That's the key for me, went from 'great this is impossible' when trying to shoot them with everyone first, to a guaranteed clear every time.

Remember to stagger Talia's damage over time ability and Phasma's slow after that to keep the defense break debuff and you're golden with those 2 and a consular.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

The trick to agi chall Opress: Talias spin attack does the debuff. Focus Opress, heal with Consul, not Talia: gg.

Got to the hard part of GW again, lvl 48, 5 star Sid. My max lvl, plus Luminara and Dooku. Oh dear. E: sent Ahsoka and Urr to assassinate him, worked like a charm and I even bested GW for the first time :toot:

Oh, and I got lucky again, 4 star Mace from Bronze. Not sure if I should lvl him now though, he doesn’t seem super special and lvl gear is tight as it is...

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jan 1, 2016

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I think Mace Windy is pretty good in certain situations. Came across him a couple of times in arena / GW and his normal attack gets rid of buffs I think, so pretty much fucks any taunt over. And cmon it's Samuel L!

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah I know, gotta have ol Motherfucker on the team. My lightside Only team could use him to replace Poo(e).

Just noticed a little missed opportunity, lightsaber users dont have any passive ability or even animation to deflect/return blaster boots (or Vaders hand block).

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Easiest way to beat this challenge is Daka. Get Daka, auto battle. If you can't get Daka, kill both druids, bring healers.

Anyone that's not maxing Luminara asap is likely doing it wrong. I can't imagine not having Luminara maxed at this point, and that's coming from someone with a Barris as well.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Zotix posted:

Easiest way to beat this challenge is Daka. Get Daka, auto battle. If you can't get Daka, kill both druids, bring healers.

Anyone that's not maxing Luminara asap is likely doing it wrong. I can't imagine not having Luminara maxed at this point, and that's coming from someone with a Barris as well.

Luminara does everything well. She has a big heal, she hits like a truck with higher gear/star levels and she can take a decent amount of punishment as well.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

I'm tryin' damnit!

But my darkside teams needs a phasma, because gently caress IOS rewards.

edit:

Uh, is it weird that I have no bundle options available? Will the ones that expire ever be replaced?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 1, 2016

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Chilichimp posted:

I'm tryin' damnit!

But my darkside teams needs a phasma, because gently caress IOS rewards.

edit:

Uh, is it weird that I have no bundle options available? Will the ones that expire ever be replaced?

This game really does need to work on their bundle options. The prices and offerings are way out of sync with what any rational person would be interested in. Compare to Future Fight which basically throws characters at you like candy and gives you reasonable amounts of shards and items to rank them up as you go. It seems a bit more content rich but they definitely feel like opposite ends of the spectrum as far as how they treat the player.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

They seem to be a little off the ball on this whole holiday event/bundles/sales opportunity compared to... Everyone.
I think it takes way more shards to rank up at higher stars in FF but they are also super at giving out tons of chars and have good deals which helps new players.

Tried out that jedi leader that grant counterattack chance to all jedi. Up against grenade troops, aoe trigger all my jedi and they team up to gonk the poo poo out of the trooper :vince:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

This person speaks truth. Dakas attack stuns resetting his turn counter and counts as a status for increased damage.

• Locked thread