Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Fathis Munk posted:

OK yeah that does shed a wholly different light on the whole affair.

I still maintain that even if a guy is lolbertarian, falsely attributing anti semitic and nazi like cartoons to him is a lovely thing to do.

There was a TV presenter in the UK that lost his career due to trolls faking his death.

http://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/what...-dead-1-4844387

quote:

At the time the presenter of much of the internet and social media, but with a baptism of fire he soon managed to quell the original slander that he was dead.

But, new rumours persisted, known as drive-bys, where verbal assailants fabricate falsehoods on sites like the online encyclopaedia Wikipedia.

Dave believes he lost a job with a new children’s channel due to his online record presence wrongly stating he worked for Babestation, the late night Freeview channel featuring topless women.

More recently it was put about he had a mental break down at a children’s party and was seen running through the streets throwing gunge at people.

He has even been banned from social media site MySpace after someone pretending to be him claimed he was the imposter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Who What Now posted:

People who go out of their way to befriend bigots are most likely bigots themselves, yes.
I know it's a terribly imperfect comparison, but my mind does immediately go to Daryl Davis, the man who went out of his way to befriend members of the KKK, and deserves quite a bit of admiration for doing so.

Mostly, though, I just think that "fraternization with the enemy" is an accusation that says more about the speaker than it does about the subject.

brain.centipedes
Feb 6, 2010
No idea what this dude's talking about.

brain.centipedes has a new favorite as of 22:59 on Dec 31, 2015

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

brain.centipedes posted:

No idea what this dude's talking about.

They need to settle down

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That's a chill pill situation if I've ever seen one.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I guarantee these were the same people crying about how everyone should accommodate Kim Davis' religion.

EDIT:

Admiral Joeslop has a new favorite as of 01:53 on Jan 1, 2016

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Reports find that sons, however, remain completely unaffected. In other news, new findings suggest that men never file for divorce. More after the break.

e:

Additionally:

:smith: The guy who shared this also spent Christmas eve arguing with feminists on Facebook. We've known each other for years, but this sort of poo poo depresses me.

cash crab has a new favorite as of 02:23 on Jan 1, 2016

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

cash crab posted:

:smith: The guy who shared this also spent Christmas eve arguing with feminists on Facebook. We've known each other for years, but this sort of poo poo depresses me.

At least two of them are "Yeah, duh", and the other two (well, one worded two ways) is pretty easily a very good point about how drivers should be more careful in these situations. Pretty sure that that's not his point, unfortunately.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib
Well yes, that is a good point. Strangers shouldn't be trying to hurt children. Oh wait, he is saying the opposite isn't he.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

cash crab posted:

Reports find that sons, however, remain completely unaffected. In other news, new findings suggest that men never file for divorce. More after the break.

e:

Additionally:

Isn't the major point of driver's ed and traffic school "don't hit people with your car"?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

into the void posted:

Isn't the major point of driver's ed and traffic school "don't hit people with your car"?

I think what the strawchildren are saying is "I should be able to run around with a total disregard to my own safety." There's an onus of care on both sides. People driving should watch carefully for pedestrians but pedestrians should also not be darting into traffic randomly. The argument is that people saying things like "you know maybe we should hold cops that literally murder black people accountable" are arguing that drivers should be responsible even if the pedestrian is charging at them trying to get hit.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

I noticed the source was "Intellectual Takeout" which is probably the perfect name for a site that tells a person things they want to hear in an easy format but is ultimately really bad for them.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I think what the strawchildren are saying is "I should be able to run around with a total disregard to my own safety." There's an onus of care on both sides. People driving should watch carefully for pedestrians but pedestrians should also not be darting into traffic randomly. The argument is that people saying things like "you know maybe we should hold cops that literally murder black people accountable" are arguing that drivers should be responsible even if the pedestrian is charging at them trying to get hit.

I think it's entirely about rape, rather than a Black Lives Matter thing. I'm surprised there isn't a #NotAllDrivers sign.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Practical Demon posted:

I think it's entirely about rape, rather than a Black Lives Matter thing. I'm surprised there isn't a #NotAllDrivers sign.

Yeah p. sure "Kid Walk" is a take on "Slut Walk."

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

I tried to make something as lovely looking as usual, but I could not loving figure it out, so here you go

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Nostrum posted:

I tried to make something as lovely looking as usual, but I could not loving figure it out, so here you go

Did you... take a picture of the screen with your phone?

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

cash crab posted:

Don't forget that maintaining a facade of a loving relationship for decades for the sake of your children has absolutely no negative consequences either.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

cash crab posted:

e:

Additionally:

It's my freedom of expression rights to be allowed to drive my car at children.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

CommonShore posted:

Did you... take a picture of the screen with your phone?

No. I made a facebook post, copy/pasted it into paint, enlarged it by 500%, saved it as a .jpeg, used the Windows DPI scaling to shrink it down, THEN took a picture of it with my phone, then cropped it, shrunk it to 640x480 using the worst compression possible, then re-enlarged it with Paint, then uploaded it to imgur.

I can only assume that's the process similar images on social media go through.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Is "Tell strangers not to danger us" a controversial statement? Because, ideally, yes, strangers wouldn't endanger kids.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Whoever posted this can go gently caress themselves with a rusted barbed wire fencepost.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

swampland has a new favorite as of 11:47 on Jan 1, 2016

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Woah. If Trump is going to give all the unemployed people jobs personally, maybe he's not so bad after all.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Nostrum posted:

No. I made a facebook post, copy/pasted it into paint, enlarged it by 500%, saved it as a .jpeg, used the Windows DPI scaling to shrink it down, THEN took a picture of it with my phone, then cropped it, shrunk it to 640x480 using the worst compression possible, then re-enlarged it with Paint, then uploaded it to imgur.

I can only assume that's the process similar images on social media go through.

Now that's some dedication, good job.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/the-great-ham-dog-of-facebook?bftw&utm_term=.tmWAAqa3d#.bu7xxOVaJ

:laffo:

Sorry for the buzz feed link but I'm phoneposting so taking screen grabs is annoying.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Skaw posted:

Woah. If Trump is going to give all the unemployed people jobs personally, maybe he's not so bad after all.

It's amusing because the right has been screeching about forcing people to go back to work for decades but actively supports policies that ruin the job market. A rather large number of people are no longer fooled by them. If they didn't become so vehemently opposed to any government spending at all I could see them maybe saying that but nope.

Like if their message shifted to "OK we're going to roll back assistance programs and replace them with stuff like job programs" I'd not have much of an issue. You know, like...OK you want some welfare? Hey go work on these infrastructure projects for a while. We'll pay you for the year, give you a home, and feed whatever family you have. But giving anything at all to those people is viewed as a handout and anything over the poverty line is considered "too good." Granted they also consider "the poverty line" to be "has a refrigerator with more than a slice of bread in it."

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Hell, that's basically the Works Progress Administration, part of the New Deal. "Can't find a job? The government will employ you as unskilled labour for public works."

Which is something even the Democrats would get behind.

What the GOP actually want to do is take away the EBT cards and replace them with...nothing.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Is "Tell strangers not to danger us" a controversial statement? Because, ideally, yes, strangers wouldn't endanger kids.

It's controversial in the same way that saying "tell men not to rape women" somehow implies all men are rapists in the mind of whoever made that. Yet they have no problem telling all women to take precautions to avoid getting raped.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

RFC2324 posted:

a woman WAS arrested for making her kids play outside(where she sat and watched them the whole time)

Wait wait wait. This isn't real, is it? like this is just a joke that I didn't get?

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

King Doom posted:

Wait wait wait. This isn't real, is it? like this is just a joke that I didn't get?
This would be Tammy Cooper.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That editorial article doesn't seem very... reliable. I note that it doesn't indicate why she was arrested. I suspect she was drunk and beligerent or something.

Here's the judgment from her denied appeal. Note that "she sued the police department," but the article doesn't note that she loving lost, and she lost her appeal.
http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/unpub/14/14-20464.0.pdf

Yep. Officer arrested her because some evidence suggested that Cooper had been lying about having been sitting there watching them.

The following undisputed facts were within Davidson’s knowledge at the time of arrest: posted:

(1) a neighbor called the police at 9:56 p.m. and reported that Cooper’s two children, appearing to be five years of age or younger, were riding motorized scooters on a street at night without adult supervision; (2) when interviewed at the scene, the neighbor and another witness stated that shortly before the neighbor called the police, the witness was driving her vehicle on a neighborhood street and nearly struck Cooper’s young daughter, who darted out in front of her on a motorized scooter; (3) the two stated that Cooper’s young son was also on the street riding a motorized scooter at the time and that the two children were not supervised by an adult; (4) Davidson spoke to Cooper in her driveway, and Cooper denied that her children were almost struck by a vehicle or unsupervised and invoked her Fifth Amendment right to not answer any further questions; (5) Davidson observed that Cooper’s garage door was open, that the rear lift gate on Cooper’s vehicle was raised, that the hood of the vehicle was hot to the touch, and that Cooper’s son came outside and unloaded a twelve pack of Dr. Pepper from the vehicle; and (6) Davidson relayed the information he had learned to a Harris County Assistant District Attorney, who agreed with Davidson that there was probable cause to arrest Cooper for abandoning or endangering a child.

gently caress I hate smug editorials that leave out key information.

CommonShore has a new favorite as of 18:50 on Jan 1, 2016

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CommonShore posted:

That editorial article doesn't seem very... reliable. I note that it doesn't indicate why she was arrested. I suspect she was drunk and beligerent or something.

Here's the judgment from her denied appeal. Note that "she sued the police department," but the article doesn't note that she loving lost, and she lost her appeal.
http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/unpub/14/14-20464.0.pdf

Yep. Officer arrested her because some evidence suggested that Cooper had been lying about having been sitting there watching them.

gently caress I hate smug editorials that leave out key information.

B-b-b-but but liberals :qq:

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Just had a friend posting today that he didn't believe in lactose intolerance.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Ugh people should just suffer from avoidable allergens to spare me the diffi-wait are these people even preparing food?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I'm confused by most of this but mostly on how it's political correctness

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
In these contexts, "political correctness" means "things I don't like" or "showing basic concern for other humans", rather than anything to do with political correctness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm confused by most of this but mostly on how it's political correctness

Back in my day we didn't care if you had dietary restrictions, we made you eat everything and suffer and possibly die anyway!