Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

milward posted:

Thanks for the pointers.
I'll work on that Kali team and see how far I can get in normal/technical to begin with and try to work on that descended list.

And I need to get a bunch of new friends. Is looking at padx and send out invites the best way to get them?

EDIT: I have 3 extra mastering, was saving up for evo. Should I feed 2 to one to awaken it or does it awaken while evolving?

It awakens while evolving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milward
Nov 5, 2009

maou shoujo posted:

It awakens while evolving.

Great, thanks.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Whooops! Entered Hera--Rush with a Ra/Yomi team.

Fortunately Yomi doesn't give a poo poo and steamrolled the place

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

trucutru posted:

Happy new year pad-holders! Just came back from the new year dinner and had to get rid of some stamina.

So, I have been systematically clearing the collab dungeons to get stones (to roll crap) and I didn't notice before that you can farm Elia for 50 stamina a pop. That's like, reasonable!

(flubbed a combo and got bound in the previous floor but, yeah).

The half-stamina event rocks so loving much. I have gotten three piis, a shitload of levels, mp, skill ups for all kinds of mons, super king dragons, +eggs, you name it.

The mp is by far the biggest deal for a non-IAP or low-IAP player like myself. I've farmed 46k mp from the last 2 days alone for a low low price of zero stones since you chain rankups even at rank 500s. Then I sold 2 silvers for a measly 6k mp.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
I don't know if anyone's talked about these but TylerPAD makes good videos on youtube, he's really good at explaining for beginners. I use puzzcombo but I feel like it limits my abilities in certain dungeons, he's motivating me to actually figure out how to become good, I kind of want to get a stylus.

His 5 orb trick lessons: Hooks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1rGeqv98as

Pinching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CNEizViNsQ

Cascades
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-kx4XV9xw

Rows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnQN2Rt71Yc

Retracing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu_GfLUNGXQ

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
^^ Yeah, I've posted the gently caress out of his stuff (others too) But it's good to repost as there's always new players who could use the tips.

The guy seems pretty likeable as well as explaining everything nicely

For a contrast, that PuzzleBoss oval office is loving awful. He just seems to promote himself, and his kamcorder poo poo, as well as looking like the worlds gooniest goon.

Oh, yeah get yourself a stylus dude, they definitely help. Here's my fave...
http://www.amazon.com/Friendly-Swed...ip+Hybrid+Stylu

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Two rolls today too.

Mitsuki and Beast Rider. What. Are either of *those* worth using?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus you loving 4x GFE godfest! Would it kill you do give me a GFE? Farming all those stones took time you rear end in a top hat event.

drat, I'll try again later.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Courtesy roll, really hoping for Akechi.

Verdandi (#3, sold)

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Going for one roll a day since that's my limit with free stones. Dragonette, Hermes. Oh well, Hermes was new.

Also I'm glad I decided to get the Alt. Coin dungeons finished yesterday, I didn't realise that was the last day until today.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Yolo roll got me a satsuki...now I have that exact a.yomi team that truc posted above. It's just such an :effort: team...I dunno if worth it to plus.

Yes it's me I'm complaining about my god roll.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

silvergoose posted:

Two rolls today too.

Mitsuki and Beast Rider. What. Are either of *those* worth using?

Mitsukmi is actually a very respectable heart maker once max skilled, with a Bind Clear, Row, SBR and now a Heart Enhance since that was released. She was and still is a staple on my Urd team, though perhaps she's a bit outdated now that my box is significantly larger.

The problem is max skilling her.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Alright ya'll, help me out with figuring out what the hell I wanna roll for / team building? I figured out padherder. I'm not really sure if my Devil team is about as done as it can be and no goddamned clue for what to cobble together for Kenshiro. Is there another team I could build I'm not seeing?

https://www.padherder.com/user/Servaetes/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0
https://www.padherder.com/user/Servaetes/teams/#203798

dantae
Aug 7, 2003
rar

Servaetes posted:

Alright ya'll, help me out with figuring out what the hell I wanna roll for / team building? I figured out padherder. I'm not really sure if my Devil team is about as done as it can be and no goddamned clue for what to cobble together for Kenshiro. Is there another team I could build I'm not seeing?

https://www.padherder.com/user/Servaetes/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

Sarasvati with Andromeda instead of blue odin is certainly your team that has the most potential. Sarasvati actually does some insane damage but is extremely orb hungry. Hermes nut Andromeda Siegfried are reasonable subs since you really just don't have a ton of options right now. The blue mystic ice knight is another farmable blue orb change that might be useful til you can skill your gods.

Oh I saw that blue cyber beast or dragon that's also a decent orb change when we can skill them up

dantae fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 1, 2016

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Courtesy roll: Isis...?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Sarasvati/Nut/Nut/Andromeda/Hermes/Sarasvati is an extremely good team, though it can't deal with binds, skill binds or preemptives.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Deus Ex Machina: was able to clear it, but it's too hard to farm. Back to God of the seaways. 10 attack from my second hypermax.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Stamina regen rate getting buffed again.
https://twitter.com/DaikeYamamoto/status/682763100953546753

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I tried the final level of the Zeus Descended dungeons, the Divine Realm or whichever, and three times now I've gotten to Zeus and not quite done enough to finish him off-leaving him with enough to do his final gently caress You attack. Not sure I have anything better for it either. So close...

Maybe I should just stick to farming Zeus for eggs instead

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rolled twice on day 2. Andromeda (new) and Urd (dupe).

So thanks for the 15k MP, I guess?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Certainly the first time I've ever +297ed and max-skilled a monster before awakening it at all...

13 +ATK and 29 +RCV left over to start on Indra. Then it's just a matter of latents. Terrible, terrible latents...

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Ended up doing a few more rolls last night because I don't have a good relationship with the water gala (also there may have been bourbon involved). Ended up with Horus, LKali #3, DMeta dupe and a few silvers. When I get one more stone later today I'll do a day 2 roll since I've had a pretty good run.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
Does anyone know an app for drawing on your screen and leaving it as an overlay? I think that could be very useful.

Or do you all follow the philosophy of not planning exactly and just having an idea of what you want to do? I've been practicing in endless corridor and it's hard to quickly plan and execute Kirin matches

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Tried to whale for an Ares for my shiva dog, gave up.

However, I got some stuff, so I'm thinking my new team is
shivadog/set/set/Cao cao/leilan/Shiva
Eventually I'll replace Leilan with awoken Rozuel

I could also go rows and do
Shivadog/sanada/uriel/?/?
I have Antares and Krishna and two Leilans and I think I'm not cut out for rows.

Also got a Ra and a regular Haku (which combined with chibi Haku and Christmas Haku and typhon makes for a solid 4/5) and Isis and Karin and Nut#2, so I might maybe have an I&I team?

I just want a drat Ares, gently caress.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
What are the common teams or uses for Rodin? I got a second one in the godfest and after seeing how much MP it sells for I'm mulling over just getting rid of it for a 300k dragon later on or latents for Bastet. Mostly because I've had a Rodin for over a year and never seriously used him in any content that matters.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Meiteron posted:

What are the common teams or uses for Rodin? I got a second one in the godfest and after seeing how much MP it sells for I'm mulling over just getting rid of it for a 300k dragon later on or latents for Bastet. Mostly because I've had a Rodin for over a year and never seriously used him in any content that matters.

Multiple Rodins are essential to speed-farming teams for plus eggs and ranking dungeons, do not sell him.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Blowdryer posted:

Does anyone know an app for drawing on your screen and leaving it as an overlay? I think that could be very useful.

Or do you all follow the philosophy of not planning exactly and just having an idea of what you want to do? I've been practicing in endless corridor and it's hard to quickly plan and execute Kirin matches

I've personally never used a combo plotter or anything. For me, it depends on how important getting the combo count is whether I plan out the first 3 combos or so and wing it, or I spend more time planning out more combos. Someone just posted a bunch of combo videos, I'd recommend watching those as well as some videos on combo packing. Disclaimer: I'm not an expert at packing like some of the more insane players, but following the basic ideas have upped my combo count pretty well.

I tend to get distracted when I have to get certain colors but looking at other players, it seems like they just get the entire board and that happens to include the colors they need. If time is the issue, I think the only thing for it is just practicing, getting better at packing, and perhaps getting more fingers.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

To what? 3 minutes?

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Man I really like this 10x drop rate.
Mission #1 complete, now to figure out what to boost next.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Meiteron posted:

He's good for Shiva Dragon if you need a poison, which has only ever been the One-Shot Challenges for me.

Also stuff like this at 1:50 if you want to see what OtherworldlyInvader is talking about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12CEDv96C4w

Sockser posted:

I'm thinking my new team is
shivadog/set/set/Cao cao/leilan/Shiva
Eventually I'll replace Leilan with awoken Rozuel

I could also go rows and do
Shivadog/sanada/uriel/?/?
I have Antares and Krishna and two Leilans and I think I'm not cut out for rows.
For your prong setup, remember that R/G Cao Cao and Awoken Leilan aren't Gods.

For the row setup, you're looking at 9 rows without the other two subs filled in, when we get super Uriel at least, so slotting in Antares and Krishna won't be too bad

edit: \/ R/D Cao Cao does exist! He and R/L Leilan can also fill out your row setup. Markab is good for prongs but have fun skilling it up

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 1, 2016

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

iPodschun posted:

For your prong setup, remember that R/G Cao Cao and Awoken Leilan aren't Gods.

For the row setup, you're looking at 9 rows without the other two subs filled in, when we get super Uriel at least, so slotting in Antares and Krishna won't be too bad

Ive been using the r/l Leilan for that reason. And I forgot about stupid Cao Cao being a poo poo so maybe I'll swap him for Markab and do Set/set/leilan/markab?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Day 2. Snow White and 3rd Urd. Keep or sell for the sweet sweet MP? I have 175k MP and need more!

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Blowdryer posted:

Pretty much this. I waste a lot of stamina.

I'm liking the "make as many combos as possible" over "match these colors" leader skills. Plus stacking a bunch of time extend awakenings. I've been playing AYomi and AShiva a bunch.

For 7x6 dungeons on my alt, I've been running ASakuya. I don't have a good team so I just stacked all my highest level mons with the most time extends and it seems to work for Challenge Dungeons. I think I'm running ASakuya / Sumire / AShiva / Osirus / Ronia.

When Kirin was only good leader, two years ago, I ran Yomi on her team just for the time extends.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Servaetes posted:

We talked on mumble earlier but I thought I'd write it down here. Aside from your Ronia and the suggested Blue teams by the thread, you've got a pretty decent Gadius team.

Gadius/Gadius/Chiyome/Mitsuki/Flex, where the flex could be Christmas Echidna, Rodin, Kenshiro, or Christmas Sonia. Make the team with team cost you have available, get things evolved and skilled up and you can get through a pretty hefty amount of content with some practice.

The biggest thing right now is hitting rank 150 for your free pull on the Memorial machine which will give you a random good gold egg from the REM, and leveling and skilling your cards. Grinding some rank also to get your team cost up would also help a bunch.

Realistically you're just kind of stuck at the point where the game becomes more of a marathon. This is where most people drop out of the game IMO, as progression slows down a whole lot as Gungho tries to goad you into spendng money on this dumb game to speed things up again. Take your time and set some small goals like clearing the mythical weekday dungeons and maybe developing farming team for them.

But seriously, don't spend money on this game.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Blowdryer posted:

If you're near a desktop while playing and want to plan out matches, you can try http://pad.dawnglare.com to help with figuring out a board. The board can be linked so that others can show what they'd do.

I generally figure out a goal for the board based on my lead, get those matches done, then combo as much of the rest of the board on the fly so with Kirin I'll figure out where I'm making my RGBL matches then go from there.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I pulled a Fuma on my alt. He's not terribly useful for anything aside from being LKali's little buddy or maybe on a Sun Wukong team? I don't have either of those on my alt. He's not god / healer / attacker type, and those are the other light teams I can field.

letheguzzler
Oct 5, 2005
Just +297'd my Yomi Dragon, will awaken it tomorrow and evo it when I gather the pieces. I've added myself to the spreadsheet and am looking for friendly Yomi Dragons to use. 304,907,384.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

^^ Yeah, I've posted the gently caress out of his stuff (others too) But it's good to repost as there's always new players who could use the tips.

The guy seems pretty likeable as well as explaining everything nicely

Yeah, TylerPAD is a super nice guy. He got invited to the competition but lost in the first round by less than a second.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
10 rolls yesterday - All dupes/junk

10 rolls today - Liu Bei, Mori Motonari, Muse, Phoenix Rider

... Well, could've been better, but at least I got one of the things on my "really want" list (Liu Bei). Plus, I'm now up to 200K MP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brood
May 27, 2007
Pip Pip, Wot Wot

One courtesy roll on both REMs gets me Apollo and Hanzo. Now I have the subs necessary to give this niche leader a chance! :toot:

• Locked thread