Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Muir got banned? Well, I can't complain since I really only liked it around for parody edits but the constant bizarre nudity made that difficult.

I kind of wonder what will happen since this thread must have at least a third of his readers and several people who also post on his facebook account.

Oh well. Tits, Cowboys, getting cucked by the Trump is really no longer in the political cartoon spectrum.

Can we send the stupid vegan cartoons to the same garbage dump we sent Muir to? Please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

"Zyklon" Ben Garrison is not in the OP, btw. I think he ought to be.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I'm torn by DbD. On one hand, it's Moon over June levels of horribleness. On the other, I enjoy laughing at its horribleness and at how some people are forking money to support Muir.

What I'm saying is that DbD is not what this thread needs. It is what this thread deserves.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

itskage posted:

Wasn't it like a "Latuff is an anti-semite" cartoon?

It was Latuff responding maturely to a "Latuff is an anti-semite" editorial or some such

I like the art in this one but I really think Bennett is loving his metaphor up

Like, the Tea Party should be what the GOP went on a bender on, not what it's using to pull itself together and get ready to face the new day.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

loquacius posted:

Like, the Tea Party should be what the GOP went on a bender on, not what it's using to pull itself together and get ready to face the new day.

... it's not Bennett loving it up.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

loquacius posted:

quote:

"Hair of the dog" is a colloquial expression in the English language predominantly used to refer to alcohol that is consumed with the aim of lessening the effects of a hangover

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Well then he should have drawn it as booze :colbert:

or maybe I shouldn't have read the cartoon while in the process of drinking tea to make me feel better after a night of drinking

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Acid Haze posted:

Muir got banned? Well, I can't complain since I really only liked it around for parody edits but the constant bizarre nudity made that difficult.

I kind of wonder what will happen since this thread must have at least a third of his readers and several people who also post on his facebook account.

Oh well. Tits, Cowboys, getting cucked by the Trump is really no longer in the political cartoon spectrum.

Can we send the stupid vegan cartoons to the same garbage dump we sent Muir to? Please?

I agree. Veganism is even less political than MRAism.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Fulchrum posted:

For instance, we all read politoons, and as the evidence clearly shows, we only jerk off to donkeys experiencing pants malfunctions.

I don't know why Rorus put so much effort into the OP when he could have just posted this and been done with it.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Next you guys will what to ban Tinsley. Must your standards be so high?

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Let's just ban all cartoons and be done with it

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

loquacius posted:

Well then he should have drawn it as booze :colbert:

or maybe I shouldn't have read the cartoon while in the process of drinking tea to make me feel better after a night of drinking

If he was dead set on drawing that cartoon he should have used the old alcoholic's trick of pouring bourbon into a tea cup.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Bennet starts the year in classic form. It's a simple metaphor but the harder you think about it the better it works, because if you imagine the Tea Party wing as booze, it'd be black-market moonshine sold in mason jars. Like hell I'm paying taxes, I made this poo poo myself!

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

TheMaskedChemist posted:

God, I hope that the F and I being all scrunched up is the result of Tinsley's drunken trembling rather than being intentional.

You can take the Muir out of the thread, but you can't take the Muir out of the thread.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

CampingCarl posted:

I don't think anyone here went to his site because it was already posted here. If you did shame on you for giving him ad views.

"Buy my book!"

If there is one thing friends and family love, it is being woken up to the vast zionist conspiracy to kill you with chemtrails. I almost want one just because his site seems to be an incomplete collection.

I bought a copy for a friend of mine that used to be heavy into conspiracy culture and now just watches from afar. It's nicely done and worth having, if you're a fan of his insanity.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Okay so the OP is from last year and doesn't have all the additions I made over the course of 2015 so I'll fix it when I get the time.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Rorus Raz posted:

Okay so the OP is from last year and doesn't have all the additions I made over the course of 2015 so I'll fix it when I get the time.

Not good enough. We demand blood!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on David Cameron's 2016 – Prime minister faces tricky issues over his European Union renegotiations"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Bonus:

After Pieter Bruegel the Elder.

Times:

Bonus from Ben Jennings's Twitter:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Acid Haze posted:

First they banned Day by Day, and I said nothing, for I did not like Day by Day.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

First they banned Day by Day, and I said nothing, for I did not like Day by Day.

... and then the world continued to turn and all was well.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Cutting back on stupid Facebook/DA/whatever cartoons has been encouraged, so maybe don't do weekly dumps of that poo poo.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Can't really ever ban Tinsley anyway, he's what started there being PoliToons threads.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

StealthArcher posted:

Can't really ever ban Tinsley anyway, he's what started there being PoliToons threads.

I think anything that's published through traditional channels is immune from banning. It's only webcomics that are questionable. I still don't get how The World Today Just Nuts made the cut.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Because it isn't posted literally every day. Like I said earlier, the thread was strongly encouraged to ease up on posting poo poo like Henry, The World Today Just Nuts, Vegan Comics, and other drek from assorted corners of the internet. There's no particularly hard rule for this or what qualifies as too lovely to post on a regular basis, but if it's drawn or crayon or features Obama as a pony then maybe think a bit before posting.

Save that poo poo for particularly slow weekends or something. Don't make a routine of posting it.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

This is very cool.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
No Henry or TWTJN? Man, 2016 is going to be rough.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

You can post it, just infrequently.

We have enough bad professional cartoonists as it is, so we don't need to flood the place with lovely amateur crap.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Fulchrum posted:

For instance, we all read politoons, and as the evidence clearly shows, we only jerk off to donkeys experiencing pants malfunctions.

Haha, I love the reference to the weather vane argument. That was the blue-black/white-gold dress of its day.

And everyone who said it was oriented correctly was a loving retard.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

I don't hate it, but my impulse is to scroll by each one because it feels like it's TL,DR the comic.

The person who makes it read that "Brevity is the soul of wit" quote and thought, "Pssssssh, gently caress that! :words:"

As someone who actually likes First Dog, this is very true. I don't think the artist realizes even if all five of your jokes are really funny, telling them all in a row makes them less funny.

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
Pick something difficult. You know, hard to mock or whatever.

Rorus Raz posted:

You can post it, just infrequently.

We have enough bad professional cartoonists as it is, so we don't need to flood the place with lovely amateur crap.

This has got to be the only thread that is told to post less content

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Well obviously furry anime deviantart drawings are worth less than incoherent Ramirez scribblings because, uh...

He was able to bullshit his way through his career longer????????

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Lady Naga posted:

Well obviously furry anime deviantart drawings are worth less than incoherent Ramirez scribblings because, uh...

He was able to bullshit his way through his career longer????????

two pulitzers

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Cloud Potato posted:

Bonus from Ben Jennings's Twitter:

Loving Uncle Sam with the roomsweeper looking menacing in the back. Also congrats to Tyson Fury, while cartooned mere feet stage right of Donald Trump, Fury *still* manages to be the one drawn with a bone through his head speaking a pile of poop.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Everything about this is perfect. Everything, from the ISIL man with a copy of Charlie Hebdo up his bum, to Putin pissing into the flaming ruins of Syria, to the pig in Cameron's mouth (and Cameron's reaction to it).

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

chairface posted:

Loving Uncle Sam with the roomsweeper looking menacing in the back. Also congrats to Tyson Fury, while cartooned mere feet stage right of Donald Trump, Fury *still* manages to be the one drawn with a bone through his head speaking a pile of poop.

Fury is just a bonehead who spoke crap, though. Trump is a fascist, and is likewise portrayed as such.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

No DbD :negative:

more First Dog :negative: :negative:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Seriously, though "We banned X, can we ban Y too (because I don't personally like it)" is exactly the reason that so many people were against banning DbD.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
DbD is this thread's Nobby Nobbs, we keep him around to gauge the sentiment of the fascist right.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Wales Grey posted:

Everything about this is perfect. Everything, from the ISIL man with a copy of Charlie Hebdo up his bum, to Putin pissing into the flaming ruins of Syria, to the pig in Cameron's mouth (and Cameron's reaction to it).

It reminds me how much I'm gonna miss Ed's mug in comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Much as I enjoyed mocking DbD, it really wasn't political, at least not anymore. On its best day, it was lovely self-insert fanfiction.

• Locked thread