Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mafia thread, I just ate six soft shell tacos. Life is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

Mafia thread, I just ate six soft shell tacos. Life is good.

oh my god I could go ballistic on some tacos

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Happy New Years, west coast!

I dozed off around 8pm after a good bowl of stew and some :420: . Woke up about 30-40 minutes ago and will probably go to bed in about 30 more.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Well I was wrong because Keane found me. I guess he knows me secretly the best!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 27, 2020

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Wishing a happy new year to the scum team? Pretty scummy imo.

##vote ecco

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

merk posted:

Happy new year. I'm now a partner.
In the business sense or the romantic sense?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
https://youtu.be/Df961vkMFHM

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

we are starting 2016 right

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Poison Mushroom posted:

In the business sense or the romantic sense?

Business. I'm now a partner at my law firm.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I may have had too much sparkling wine last night. The blasted sun is far too bright.

Happy 2016 everyone!

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Meinberg posted:

I may have had too much sparkling wine last night. The blasted sun is far too bright.

Happy 2016 everyone!

Getting turnt on tropic chillerz is the One way to greet a new 366, babe. You don't need to drink sparkles because you already are sparkles.

https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/sa-wifom-omgus

I got the cure for what ails all yall if what ails yall is a lack of my wonderful collection of music and music-like youtubes.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Authorman posted:

Getting turnt on tropic chillerz is the One way to greet a new 366, babe. You don't need to drink sparkles because you already are sparkles.

One of my slogans is "be the pounds of glitter you wish to sprinkle on the world"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Uughhhh. Rrfghhnn. Drr drr drr..

How's everyone else doing this morning

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

Business. I'm now a partner at my law firm.

Congratulations, Merk. You surely deserve it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 27, 2020

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
also:

Secret Santa?

SECRET SANTA!!

========================

Keane -> Pig -> derp -> Ernie -> 100Yrs -> PMom -> LM -> Ixt -> DHD -> Allen Wren -> Asiina -> bowmore -> Anon -> LUTR -> Met -> Pmush -> Chic -> BK -> Quidnose -> Murmur Twin -> Kashuno -> TremTa -> Grandi -> merk -> Opop -> EXAKT -> Samfucius -> FoxTerrier -> chaoslord -> Authorman -> JJ -> Keane

If you have not received a Secret Santa present and have no reason why you shouldn't have, now you know to whom you should send your complaints!

Merry Christmas and happy new year.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It's coming!!! it's wrapped and in a box and i just need to send it i am bad

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I was pretty sure it was Ixt and it was so thanks Ixt!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Last night i rang in the new years with lots of mushrooms. Happy new year guys.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Little Mac posted:

Really dude :/

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

Yeah, that's really bad.

Mine might not get there until March, but at least I sent it at the beginning of December.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

new year's resolutions:

I intend to read at least 10 pages a day and continue to do one steam game per month. The reading is because I realize that now that I never take the metro I read a lot less since when I'm home I wanna do home only stuff.

Resolutions I feel are made to broken though so when I want to do something I don't make a resolution out of it. So I'll also be running 30 minutes every other day and playing bass at least 30 minutes a day.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Adopt a dog instead imo.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wow the gym sure was packed today. Do not like.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
thats one of many reasons I do not belong to a gym

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
who needs a gym

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaGxDNWcmx4

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

lol I love how they threw in the steve jobs thing in the story, and the african jungle children

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Seriously just run in the streets and buy some weights or use milk jugs filled with water or something. Push ups and crunches are free to do in your living room. I only do the former though. The rest I don't find particularly fun.

Serious question do soldiers in the army go to gyms with fancy machines? Or do they just do everything on the cheap because they're pretty built and I'm pretty sure gyms are a big scam.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Seriously just run in the streets and buy some weights or use milk jugs filled with water or something. Push ups and crunches are free to do in your living room. I only do the former though. The rest I don't find particularly fun.

The whole Movement workout was a joke from the Comedy central show Nathan for You. That news company just wasn't in on it.

Also Summit Ice has a special Christmas version of their website http://www.summiticeapparel.com/

Deny Nothing

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Serious question do soldiers in the army go to gyms with fancy machines? Or do they just do everything on the cheap because they're pretty built and I'm pretty sure gyms are a big scam.

I can't run much because a) i'm overweight and b) one of my knees is p much destroyed and the other isn't so hot. I got hit by a car when I was a teen and it hosed them up pretty bad. So I swim a lot and I figure if I'm going to already be there to swim I might as well lift too

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Fancy machines are dumb and should not be used if at all possible. I lift weights at a gym rather than my home because 1) I don't have the room for a bench in my house and 2) it is a lot safer at the gym. Sure I could do squats or bench presses at home, but without people around me and proper safety equipment it is a lot more dangerous if something goes wrong.

Also running outside in winter will get you a broken hip/tailbone within a week.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can't have a home gym in a small apartment :shrug:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Swimming is reasonable. I don't like all the set-up that goes into it but that's definitely worth going to a gym.

Asiina posted:

Also running outside in winter will get you a broken hip/tailbone within a week.

Definitely in a lot of places but not here.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
swimming is not a lot of setup! I only have to wear like half the clothes I do in the rest of the gym

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I work out nude and train by carrying a calf in my back and doing squats everyday. Everyday it grows larger and everyday I grow stronger. Eventually this calf will become a bull and then I will kill it and eat it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

I can't have a home gym in a small apartment :shrug:

Yeah, me neither. A barbell and weights in its own takes very little room, but if you don't have a bench and are using a table or even your bed then things can get all hosed up very quickly.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

CCKeane posted:

I work out nude and train by carrying a calf in my back and doing squats everyday. Everyday it grows larger and everyday I grow stronger. Eventually this calf will become a bull and then I will kill it and eat it.

I work out nude with CCKeane. He's tall, really tall, but it makes for a great deltoid and rotator cuff exercise by trying to balance it and bench press it.

I recommend everyone try it once in awhile. I personally prefer roofies or Quaaludes to sedate him first. YMMV.

Edit: Curls are a bitch tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I go to the gym because A) I don't know what I'm doing so having a trainer helps and B) if I make an appointment with my trainer I will definitely go instead of deciding to stay home watching tv